• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

What happened to Extasy Records?

Guest · 4264

Teemeah

on: April 28, 2017, 11:50:05 AM
Their website doesn't work but I cannot find any news of it closing down. Anyone knows anything? Thank you :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:14:56 PM
Maybe Yoshiki forget about it. Same with his jewels oder wine...

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:37:53 PM
Maybe Yoshiki forget about it. Same with his jewels oder wine...
Or Ladies X? ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:17:41 PM
Or Ladies X? ^^°

Whaaaaaaaaat? Ladies X is already dead on it's ass? Man, if that's so, I feel bad for all the women who got picked.

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 07:49:27 PM
Or Ladies X? ^^°

Whaaaaaaaaat? Ladies X is already dead on it's ass? Man, if that's so, I feel bad for all the women who got picked.

I know we haven't heard about Ladies X in a while but I didn't think it would be completely dead. I would've thought they'd release atleast one song before it became another 'Yoshiki never finished side-project'.

Teemeah

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 09:26:44 PM
Even Violet UK is a a never-finished project. I think Yoshiki simply cannot concentrate on anything but X. He probably never really had any real interest in anything else and now that X is really rolling again, anything else will be discarded. Look what happened to Skin. As soon as X reunion was in the talks, it's like Skin flew out of the window. None of the members ever uttered "disbandment", so it is not entirely Yoshiki's fault. Whenever you ask Miyavi or Sugizo or Gackt, the answer is always vague... I hear that Violet Uk has some 300 unreleased songs. that's INSANE. It's just my imagination but I think Yoshiki must have been like... Oh this would sound so great with hide's guitar... that would be so cool with Toshi's voice... :D so in the end he just scrapped all of them unsatisfied :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:42:30 AM
I read somewhere that he sold his old studio (aka Extasy Records) and bought a more modern one. Or maybe he records from his pool now.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:57:00 PM
I believe it just folded tbh. Yoshiki had a few Western bands signed to it in the early 2000s that just never really went anywhere and then he stopped signing artists in general. He was focusing on VUK predominantly. Then I think it stayed open primarily for VUK's album that Yoshiki wanted to release. Then X regrouped. They released IV under Extasy but when they signed to EMI I guess it just became pointless to have an independent label open, what with no one on it. I don't know what type of licensing fees and all that Yoshiki would have been paying for no reason, keeping an empty label alive while signed to a major one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:58:52 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline wowow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 07:45:22 PM
At the end of last month, a twitter and instagram account was made for Extasy Records. Its ran by Kouki Hayashi (Yoshiki's younger brother) who is Extasy Records CEO? (from what i understand)

https://twitter.com/ExtasyrecordsCo
https://www.instagram.com/extasyrecords.co_official/

update: the twitter account is temporarily restricted for violating twitter policies??

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:48:39 PM by wowow »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 12:28:30 PM
The 'CEO KOUKI HAYASHI' on the banner is just bizarre.

EDIT: Everything is just bizarre. Looks like Kouki promoting himself using Extasy name. He even send messages directly to Yoshiki using this account and isn't followed by any other musician. Not even Yoshiki.

Or this is a weird freakout by Kouki or even someone else using their name.

The latest tweets (October 26th) are about the supposed Kouki saying that "after their mother's funeral he wanted to recreate Extasy Records his way" and says he is sorry for "using their fans without Yoshiki's permission".

SO
WEIRD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:39:40 PM by Joker »