• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"WE ARE X (Movie)" Original Soundtrack

Matthias · 24649

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:13 AM
AsukaMiyu told me yesterday , that there will be a new album released on march 3rd, but it's not the one we are waiting for.  ;)

Tracklist:

1. La Venus (Acoustic Version)
2. Kurenai (The Last Live)
3. Forever Love
4. Piano Strings of Es Dur
5. Dahlia
6. Crucify My Love
7. Exclamation
8. Standing Sex (Live)
9. Tears
10. Longing / Setsubo-no-yoru
11. Art of Life (3rd Movement)
12. Endless Rain (The Last Live)
13. X (The Last Live)
14. Without You (Unplugged)
15. Rusty Nail (DAHLIA TOUR FINAL) [Japan Bonus Track]
16. Forever love (From The Last Live) [Japan Bonus Track]

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-31050
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:31:40 PM by Matthias »

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:39 PM
What does "Unplugged" mean in that context?

Is it just another word for "acoustic" or is there another meaning?
Without You being mainly on piano, I don't see the difference?

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 12:32:45 PM
I'd assume it means acoustic, can't think of something else. But You are right, it's weird as the use the word 'acoustic' in the track list as well.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 01:59:36 PM
...Also pay attention to La Venus being only the rough acoustic version instead of the full band one...
If I were sarcastic I'd say that they didn't find time to go to the studio and record together... ;P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:40:12 PM
preordered.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1304VI/

;D ;D

at least *1* X Album in 2017 ...  ::)

positively unsure。

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01:07 PM
Definitely gonna buy this. I'll preorder it asap.  :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 06:16:31 PM
I wonder what the '3rd movement' of Art of Life is, as the 2nd one is the one after the piano break and after that ... well ... the song's over lol

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57:17 PM
...or maybe 5 minutes of silence... maybe with some heavy breathing of an exhausted Yoshiki... :P

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:59:45 PM
maybe with some heavy breathing of an exhausted Yoshiki... :P

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 09:11:15 PM

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 10:50:36 PM
 This is me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

Anyways, I'm gonna try & pre-order it. An unplugged version of "Without You" is totally needed in my X Japan music collection!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 12:57:53 AM
I wonder what the '3rd movement' of Art of Life is, as the 2nd one is the one after the piano break and after that ... well ... the song's over lol

I reckon the third movement is after the piano section, so the last few minutes of the song?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 05:41:17 AM
It's supposed to be on iTunes later, too. So I consider just getting the songs/versions that I don't have yet...

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 06:42:01 AM

I reckon the third movement is after the piano section, so the last few minutes of the song?
That would be my guess as well, since thats the part also shown in the movie.

But I liked Asukas idea of just heavy breathing recorded... it reminded me of White Poem I.  :P

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 12:38:09 PM
This is me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

Anyways, I'm gonna try & pre-order it. An unplugged version of "Without You" is totally needed in my X Japan music collection!

I think this "unplugged" version is the same which was on "The World".

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 03:51:51 PM
...or maybe 5 minutes of silence... maybe with some heavy breathing of an exhausted Yoshiki... :P

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. XD

That section was called the 2nd movement (at least since they started playing it during concerts), but yeah, maybe they just changed the title and it refers to that part.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

Actually according to the press release about the soundtrack, both La Venus and Without You were recorded this year. o_O

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:27 AM

Actually according to the press release about the soundtrack, both La Venus and Without You were recorded this year. o_O

I am really looking forward to hearing studio vocals on Without You. Although in saying that, the live recording included in "The World" compiliation were really good!

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 08:48:01 AM

It seems like it isn't even done yet. Yoshiki just wrote that he is still recording. And that he hasn't slept in over 80 hours. I hope he has gone to sleep now...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 10:48:58 AM

It seems like it isn't even done yet. Yoshiki just wrote that he is still recording. And that he hasn't slept in over 80 hours. I hope he has gone to sleep now...

maybe he has a shit load of crystal meth...

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 08:51:52 PM
I should have expected something like this from you...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 10:31:09 PM
What kind of joke is this?

How is it possible he is still recording this when it's just a compilation and the two news songs are basically one composed 20 years ago and played live millions of times and the other one was already recorded as it was submitted to the Oscars?

hi there

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 11:29:03 PM

How is it possible he is still recording this when it's just a compilation and the two news songs are basically one composed 20 years ago and played live millions of times and the other one was already recorded as it was submitted to the Oscars?

My thoughts exactly. Unless Art of Life 3rd movement is a completely new track or this acoustic version of La Venus was a new addition, I don't get what is taking so long. Wouldn't it make more sense if he said he was in the studio for 90+ hours finishing the new album we've all been expecting for the past 8 years?

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:50 AM
Considering these are "unplugged" and "acoustic" versions what could POSSIBLY still need to be recorded?

A midi string section?

*groan*

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 02:05:49 AM
I'm starting to think Yoshiki simply isn't in the studio as much as he says he is tbh. Like when he posts to Twitter saying so, sometimes, it's just a PR move. I do wonder where he finds the time with traveling all over the world and promoting unrelated projects like fashion and food and showing up to events. Now with all the documentary promotion, is it really any wonder he probably just hasn't had time? Idk, maybe he just isn't there as often as he'd like us to believe.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:14:17 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 07:15:04 AM
returner, that's exactly the impression I had as well. He just spends weeks doing random stuff and only goes to the studio once the deadline is knocking in the door. seriously when did he start working on those two songs? when they showed him the soundtrack press release for final approval?  -_-

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 11:03:41 AM

My thoughts exactly. Unless Art of Life 3rd movement is a completely new track or this acoustic version of La Venus was a new addition, I don't get what is taking so long. Wouldn't it make more sense if he said he was in the studio for 90+ hours finishing the new album we've all been expecting for the past 8 years?
I'd love that to be a new song but I strongly doubt as this is a soundtrack for the film and as far as I know there was no new version of Art of Life in it.

I do remember him saying he was composing some second part of Art of Life a long time ago, he also mentioned something about wring a "masterpiece" a few years ago. I wonder which song is this "masterpiece". Kiss the sky? Lol

hi there

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 02:03:13 PM

I'd love that to be a new song but I strongly doubt as this is a soundtrack for the film and as far as I know there was no new version of Art of Life in it.

I do remember him saying he was composing some second part of Art of Life a long time ago, he also mentioned something about wring a "masterpiece" a few years ago. I wonder which song is this "masterpiece". Kiss the sky? Lol

It's all extremely annoying and I'm thinking it could be exactly like AsukaMiyu said, he just started on whatever is new the moment he was privy to the release date. I'm so tired of these staged photos of him strewn out in a studio. It's almost cringe to think about him telling someone when to take a photo of him. He's trying so hard to appeal to the "kawaii vampire nurse weeabo" mindless drones that spam him on social media and tell him how beautiful he is. It's sickening to the core. 5 weeks now to XDay in London. Let's hope it happens and is a damn good concert for those attending. Hopefully we'll get some more news about the real album soon. Preparing for a disappointing set list though.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:50 PM
So basically, I kind of feel we get this soundtrack as an excuse if the real "new" album is postponed again for eons...
But, there's no official postponement of the "new" album yet, no? It's still supposed to be released in March? I don't remember if an official date was announced when the last postponement occurred.

In the end, if LA VENUS and Without You are on this soundtrack, there'll be only KTS that'll be a "new" song on the "new" album?
I mean, we already knew that most of it would be already heard but the fact that the newest song (LA VENUS) will be released already at the time of the album being released (if ever...), it's just sad.

As for Yoshiki not sleeping for 80+ hours, and still being recording songs 2 days ago on an album 90% done since 2010...  *sight*

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:07 AM
In the end, if LA VENUS and Without You are on this soundtrack, there'll be only KTS that'll be a "new" song on the "new" album?
I mean, we already knew that most of it would be already heard but the fact that the newest song (LA VENUS) will be released already at the time of the album being released (if ever...), it's just sad.

That's what I am afraid of. It's not uncommon that you know a couple of songs before the album gets released, be it single releases or live performances, but knowing almost every song of the upcoming release beforehand sucks.
I still hope they may only include a couple of songs we heard so far and half of the tracks are really, really new ... but yeah, who am I kidding. ;)