• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X's worst song

madrigal · 51893

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #150 on: October 25, 2010, 08:17:47 AM
i dont hate any of their songs...but the one i just dont get is love replica...the 1st time i listened to it, i was like'.....ok? shall i say interesting piece....?'

haha nice. for me love replica grew in the past days. it's a very beautiful guitar instrumental piece imho! the melody caught me! the version on symphonic jealousy is even more epic!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:22:47 AM by myuu »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:12 PM
i see lots of dislikes of longing.....
well, that's actually my all time fave...i fell in love with this song and toshi's voice without knowing this band existed. hence the 3 years search of who sang that song and finally found out about x japan...

i dont hate any of their songs...but the one i just dont get is love replica...the 1st time i listened to it, i was like'.....ok? shall i say interesting piece....

?'

yes , i also love longing a lot

Ex denxdenx

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: October 25, 2010, 05:08:42 PM
i dont hate any of their songs...but the one i just dont get is love replica...the 1st time i listened to it, i was like'.....ok? shall i say interesting piece....?'

haha nice. for me love replica grew in the past days. it's a very beautiful guitar instrumental piece imho! the melody caught me! the version on symphonic jealousy is even more epic!

I didn't really start caring about Love Replica until after Sugizo's live performance of it at Yokohama, and was like "wtf was that awesome song?", then I realized it was Love Replica, now I love it!

>~X~<

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #153 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15:51 PM

I didn't really start caring about Love Replica until after Sugizo's live performance of it at Yokohama, and was like "wtf was that awesome song?", then I realized it was Love Replica, now I love it!

haha same here. I remebered what he was playing but after his performance the song couldn't get out of my mind!

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: November 14, 2010, 06:34:11 AM
Well....I have to say, I'm not very fond of Crucify My Love...it was the first song I heard from X and tried so hard to make it grow on me.....but it didn't.

Also, I don't like the sung version of Without You. The instrumental version it's ok, but to hear Toshi sing with his voice broken it's really depressing...

It's not that I hate this songs....it's just that I rarely listen to them, and it's the same with most X ballads :/

In dazzle, I was ready to be destroyed under the power, was invisible.
When I saw the truth, I heard my ghost cry...

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #155 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:24 PM
I don't really like the intro of JADE  because it reminds me of....idk american rock.
like,  the pre-chorus isnt my taste but...
the chorus is nice!!  <3

I can't wait for their new song to come out:   Scarlet Love Song
I have a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrlPE4NEbYU

ITS SOOO FUCKIN' beautiful!!!  dont ya think so?  :'D

Of course,  Toshi's voice is GREAT  no wait,  it's beyond that. XD

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #156 on: April 09, 2011, 12:54:06 AM
Personally, I don't care much for "Phantom of Guilt" or "Crucify My Love" at all. Err, Trance X was awful too. . . ((I only like the "Kurenai", "Tears" & "Longing" remixes)).

Wow, there's a lot of ballad hate in this thread.

sadface.jpg

Offline Jill1808

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: April 09, 2011, 09:03:40 AM
Hm, I'd have to say White Poem I and Wriggle are not really my thing.
I generally like all their ballads but I need to be in the right mood for ballads.

@Kurenai_Akari
What's this Trance X? Sounds ominous. Trance and X? Hearing that in some kind of related context makes me shudder? Scaarry!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #158 on: April 09, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
@ Jill1808 - "Wriggle" is kinda bleh to me & the only time I'll listen to "White Poem I" is when I'm extremely bored.

As for Trance X, well like the name suggests, it's an album of Trance style remixes of X Japan songs.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:59 AM
@ Jill1808 - "Wriggle" is kinda bleh to me & the only time I'll listen to "White Poem I" is when I'm extremely bored.

As for Trance X, well like the name suggests, it's an album of Trance style remixes of X Japan songs.

I'm not so sure its okay to even consider "Wriggle" and "White Poem I" as songs, they appear to more as filler tracks rather than songs. Although if the sound of Wriggle was used in an actual song with lyrics and the works, it would sound very cool I think.

I've listened to Trance X before as well, it was ok I guess. But nothing special at all. I listened through it once, then deleted all the songs. I generally don't enjoy remixes in general anyway.

>~X~<

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: April 10, 2011, 01:33:02 AM

I'm not so sure its okay to even consider "Wriggle" and "White Poem I" as songs, they appear to more as filler tracks rather than songs. Although if the sound of Wriggle was used in an actual song with lyrics and the works, it would sound very cool I think.

I've listened to Trance X before as well, it was ok I guess. But nothing special at all. I listened through it once, then deleted all the songs. I generally don't enjoy remixes in general anyway.

Wriggle is pure filler. To credit it as a Pata/Heath composition is an insult to both musicians and X Japan fans and a terrible attempt to make the album appear less Yoshiki-centric.

I quite like White Poem I, though, in terms of form it's similar to The Last Song, spoken word verses by Yoshiki and the refrains by Toshi. I regard it as being perhaps the start of Violet UK, given that Yoshiki has kind of taken that kind of musical style and honed it a little bit for VUK - he also played all of the guitar and bass in that song too.

There's a radically different version of White Poem I too, the one on Dahlia is actually an alternate mix. The original version was released years earlier as a B-Side.

-- Edit --

I just listened to the original mix of White Poem I again (the M.T.A mix on the Scars single).

Yeah. This is X's worst song. It's fucking awful. The Dahlia version is superior by a thousand-fold
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:51:10 AM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: April 10, 2011, 07:37:53 PM
Gotta agree... White Poem is my least favorite song by them.  I'm a huge fan of Vanishing Vision and it's unapologetic garage sound, Blue Blood paved the way for them and every god damned song on that album is flawless and a hit, Jealousy had one of the most epic rock songs ever on it and a few classic call backs to great rock and roll, and Dahlia was overall a good album with some great jams but went a bit too... Violet U.K. for me.

But ya gotta admit, with a library like theirs and to only have one, maybe two, tracks that are not hailed is Genius is pretty smeggin' good.

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:23 PM
I usually skip Miscast and Desperate Angel.

I love Crucify My Love, Toshi's voice in there argh melt my heart, and the piano playing is so moving.  I have a lot of love for their ballads ^_^. 

But yes with almost all of their songs in their albums are great, they're awesome and satisfying.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:16:49 PM by autumnglitter »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: May 27, 2011, 05:42:32 AM
I don't really like the intro of JADE  because it reminds me of....idk american rock.

some of the best rock n roll is American... Aerosmith, Guns N Roses...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #164 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:54 PM
I don't like JADE,I think that's the worst X song

;D totally agree. I personally hate that song. Maybe it's because I didn't liked the crossover/nu-metal stuff in the 90s with Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Such A Surge, Guano Apes... I don't know.

This song is so damn boring. just pieces of maybe two or three songs that somehow putted together. brrrr, really. omg, I hate that song so damn much  ;D
It's mostly the same with Born To Be Free. The song is not one song. Maybe this song is 3 songs. Who knows?? It definetely contains pieces of more songs that was glued together. Like in a jigsaw, that you can't finish, 'cause it's so damn f***ing hard. So you grab tape or glue and put it together.

But Born To Be Free isn't that bad. But Jade is the song that takes the cake.

Sorry, don't want to hurt someone's feelings. It's just my opinion...

positively unsure。

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:53 AM
Desperate Angel always gets skipped when I listen to Jealousy...Also Xclamation on Blue Blood...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:22 AM
I usually skip Miscast and Desperate Angel.

I love Crucify My Love, Toshi's voice in there argh melt my heart, and the piano playing is so moving.  I have a lot of love for their ballads ^_^. 

But yes with almost all of their songs in their albums are great, they're awesome and satisfying.

You skip Miscast? hide is shedding a tear right now :P

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #167 on: November 02, 2016, 01:58:24 PM
Well there is this one song that I always skip: Desperate Angel.

I don't think it's superbad or anything. I just don't like it...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: November 02, 2016, 11:49:10 PM
Desperate Angel. The intro annoys the hell out of me.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #169 on: November 03, 2016, 07:54:59 AM
Hehe,

it's really interesting. I quite like "Desperate Angel". Especially the intro. Sounds familiar, like old Queen Songs with a little more HardRock-attitude...

positively unsure。

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: November 03, 2016, 06:12:46 PM
I always skipped Desperate Angel because of the annoying beginning, but I came to like it after listening to it completely,it really rocks.
I actually REALLY dislike Hero. For me, it is the worst one out of this series of generic,underwhelming "new" songs(Jade,I.V.,Born to be Free).

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: November 03, 2016, 06:44:04 PM
For me Hero is more a VUK song than a X Japan one.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: November 03, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
I also have my issues with the intro of Desperate Angel, otherwise it's an okay song, but the intro makes me often skip it.

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 11, 2017, 11:32:43 AM
Funny topic ;)

Well with all poor material from the band (only 4 full albums), I manage to like song that I used to dislike, they were few. Longing was not my favorite but thanx to the Voiceless version, I manage to like it.

BUT there is one I always dislike is Easy Fight Rambling, this song is so terrible that no one of the band takes the credit ;) the only song that was signed Music and Lyrics by X ;)

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: February 01, 2018, 04:41:08 AM
I just need to say, Born To Be Free, I like the new songs but I totally hate that one. It sounds like a very generic Bon Jovi outtake.

Offline Fullmetal-Hana

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: February 15, 2018, 05:27:09 PM
Personally, I don't really care much for the English version of Kurenai. The lyrics don't make a whole lot of sense. Yoshiki might have to tweak the lyrics if they want to have it in English on the new album.

I'm neutral on Drain. Granted, I haven't listened to it much.
Maybe it'll grow on me after awhile.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:13 PM
Hehe,

it's really interesting. I quite like "Desperate Angel". Especially the intro. Sounds familiar, like old Queen Songs with a little more HardRock-attitude...

What Queen song?

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: February 27, 2018, 04:05:12 PM
I agree with 'Without You' being their worst song ever. (yeah, I know, come on fangirls and hit me hard.) What  bothers me the most is actually the way Yoshiki announced it as something oh-so utterly beautiful and then it was no more than a rather tasteless ballad clearly created to make fans cry and to keep up their levels of trashy sentimentalism. I mean, I like X for the fact that they're emotive and I can say that songs like "Forever Love" are actually masterpieces (even being cliche and angsty). Now, with Without You, it seems they have evolved from rational and artistic sentimentalism to teeny emo cry-over-this-please stereotypical music. In other words, too much of a Yoshiki that should have grown up and didn't.

I'm not fond of IV neither. The lyrics are too cliche and the beat is too commercial. I think they were so concerned with getting their name on everyone's lips, they ended up forgetting about what's actually good music. Catchy stuff in detriment of art just doesn't work.

Shit. I was about to comment here but then I realised I already did, 10 years ago. It might a be little schizo of me to reply to my 17 year old self, but here we go:

Young mastumoto, this is old matsumoto. I come from the future. Guess what? One day X will make a song called 'Born to Be Free' and it will be much worse than anything you just mentioned. Also, ditch that guy you're seeing, you'll soon come out of the closet.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #178 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:06 PM
Without You is a beautiful song. Especially live.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: February 27, 2018, 04:22:06 PM
Completely agree. Turns out I didn't like it back in the day, now I actually do. Not my favourite song by them, but quite meaningful.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.