"La Venus" to be released as single in 2017

Kurenai_Akari · 4957

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: December 28, 2016, 01:39:37 AM
We Are X Film theme song “La Venus” will be released via Sony Legacy Recordings and available everywhere in early 2017!

Adam Block, President of Sony Legacy Recordings, called the single, “a beautiful, powerful track from a stunning film that we hope will be considered for a nomination for best song from a feature film at this year’s Academy Awards.”

Watch Yoshiki describe the song's role in the film:

Source: Official X Japan FB page

A new single, eh? Maybe it'll have that elusive guitar solo that were all craving for, lol. No, but seriously, this is the first single to be released in awhile, right? "Born To Be Free" was released sometime last year, if I can remember.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:35 PM
I wonder if they just release it, because it might be nominated for an oscar. ^^° But that explains why they suddenly perform the song on TV. That was already promotion for the next single.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
For once they are quick about it! First presentation on video, played a couple times already on TV and now single announced!

Now, 2 things:
- only digital release (like I.V., Jade and BTBF?) or physical release too?
- still on my guard regarding the "early 2017", I have trust issues now x)

Maybe it'll have that elusive guitar solo that were all craving for, lol.

Hey maybe it will! That'll be cool :)

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:26 PM

- still on my guard regarding the "early 2017", I have trust issues now x)

so maybe 2020? ;)

positively unsure。

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 05:46:36 PM
Haha, not impossible though :/ if it happens we won't be that surprise, if at all...

But I think that with the movie being released in March, at least for now they will respect the date announced (although "early 2017" is not a concrete date ^^")

I still hope for 2017 to be X Japan's (real) comeback (or the Yoshiki-gets-his-shit-together-and-focus-on-the-band-rather-than-curry year, whatever xD)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:48:44 PM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 06:18:32 PM
So let's all hope together that early 2017 means something like March. :)

Maybe he needs a deadline to get stuff done. I mean... a REAL deadline, that he is afraid of exceeding. Life is hard being a perfectionist sometimes. But chances to get things done always increase (at least for me) if I have a specific deadline. I have something in my drawer that I call "almost done" since 2012. *cough cough*

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:44:03 PM
I wonder if the word Deadline is im the Japanese language.  LOL

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:36:45 PM
So Sony bought out EMI and actually is making progress with X, eh? Interesting. Well, if the album drops it'll actually have halfway decent distribution.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 02:40:34 AM
I wonder if they just release it, because it might be nominated for an oscar. ^^° But that explains why they suddenly perform the song on TV. That was already promotion for the next single.

You maybe right. The cards are looking like they're playing themselves right for once.

Now, 2 things:
- only digital release (like I.V., Jade and BTBF?) or physical release too?

I'm betting it's a digital release again.

So Sony bought out EMI and actually is making progress with X, eh? Interesting. Well, if the album drops it'll actually have halfway decent distribution.

I just thought of something. What if -and bear with me here- the reason why there's been so many delays with the album & stuff wasn't because of Yoshiki? What if it was because EMI got bought out by Sony & it was taking them forever to settle on things? Was the buy out a recent thing or had it been done already & is just coming out to light? If that's the case, then I could take back some of the venom I had spat at Yoshiki. There's no helping delays with the actual record label that you, yourself, have no direct hand in.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 05:03:13 AM
Looks like Sony and EMI reached a deal for Sony to purchase EMI around November of 2011, and the transaction was finalized in June of 2012. I can see there being a year or so of changes artists previously signed to EMI might have to work through but I'm only using that timeframe as a grace. In reality they might have worked out everything before the close of the transaction.

Either way, Yoshiki did tweet something in early 2013 like, "I wish I could let you all know what problems X Japan is facing" or something (I only remember because that's when I first started using twitter and it was one of the first tweets I'd read). But he was having court battles around then, too, right? That got cleared up last year or earlier this year I believe.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 08:57:13 PM
So with Yoshiki's recent surgery I guess we'll have to wait for the single release a bit more... It would make sense to release it just before releasing the album though?

This is my administrator color.

Teemeah

Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 09:53:50 PM
So with Yoshiki's recent surgery I guess we'll have to wait for the single release a bit more... It would make sense to release it just before releasing the album though?

He announced another press conf thingie on Facebook, it's gonna be on June 20, 14:00 Japanese time. He flew to Japan. Apparently it has to do with the future schedules of X Japan. We'll see what he has to say. Maybe he will finally announce the album, too.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 06:15:25 AM
Maybe he will finally announce the album, too.
Oh he has announced the album plenty of times :) So even if he does, I wouldn't get too hyped.

This is my administrator color.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 09:26:58 AM
Apparently he only said that it's 99% done with no details about a release. >_< but i only saw one source mentioning it so far, maybe there will be more information showing up later

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:24 PM
Apparently he only said that it's 99% done with no details about a release. >_< but i only saw one source mentioning it so far, maybe there will be more information showing up later

At this point I hope they title the album "99% Done" so I can look back at 10 years of interviews and just laugh.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 09:00:12 PM
We heard about the 99% since a very long time.....  ;D