• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

MiXed emotions...

Lights · 2275

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:22 PM
I've noted lately, while discussing with Valentine, that people on forums here tend to have... how to put it...seemingly very rich emotional lives.

If there's nothing else, there's a great variety of signatures flowing around, a lot of them oriented on the experience of life, sharing with others, stuff like that.

Just came to mind to open a dialog on this- do you think there's a relationship between X music (and reasons why you choose to listen to this band) and a level of being feeling-wise?

I'm not sure I wouldn't like to re-word later. Little tired.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:43:09 AM by Lights »

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:05:48 AM
Are you referring to a rich love-life or just a person being emotional?

Mod color o' mine

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:07:58 PM
That's getting to somewhere better- do you think X fans tend to *display* emotion more? Or in, significantly recognizable ways as opposed to others.

'Nd Hurley, referring to "just" being emotional. However.... Maybe the first thing applies too. . . Depends what your understanding of "love" is.

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:38:32 AM
I think many here are emotional because they want to. Somehow it seems "in" to be emo about all kinds of things. Sometimes I almost wonder if they listen to X for the music or because of the band's sad fate.

If you can't find "better" things to cry about than hide, you really should be a happy person and not cry at all.

hide-emos.... tsktsk..

PanthereNoire

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 01:07:17 PM
I started to listen to "your crazy guys" - as I called them to the person who introduced me to them - because they were different and outrageous and simply fun to watch, aside from their music simply just being damned good.

By now I listen to them for so many reasons, I'd bore everybody to death if I'd list them. :twisted:

On hide emos, as far as I am concerned, they can be as emotional as they like, AS LONG AS they don't expect everybody to share their feelings and don't throw 17 different hysterical fits when someone makes even the slightest critical comment.

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 01:43:20 PM
LOL PN that whole post is just AWESOME. Cracked me up, THANKS so much :]

Hey, I think dying by something like list of things that are too nice on X is..... hey that sounds like totally great death really. XD

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 02:16:26 PM
Quote from: "alex"

hide-emos.... tsktsk..

The sad thing is, that most of the fans who are not really fans of hide see most of the hide fans as some crazy emo fangirls. Even if some sane fan makes a comment about being sad about his death (r.i.p....) it's "oh, damn fangirl". Some fans do actually get sad if their idol dies, that is human emotion and there's nothing wrong with it.

I chose to listen to this band because I was interested into it (I believe I read about it somewhere) and for about 2 years I didn't even care how those guys looked, I just listened to the music (and didn't understand a word...ok, maybe 2 or 3  :P).

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Quote from: "alex"

hide-emos.... tsktsk..

The sad thing is, that most of the fans who are not really fans of hide see most of the hide fans as some crazy emo fangirls. Even if some sane fan makes a comment about being sad about his death (r.i.p....) it's "oh, damn fangirl". Some fans do actually get sad if their idol dies, that is human emotion and there's nothing wrong with it.

You're not getting my point. I don't care about people who think it's sad (I think it's sad too, of course), but sitting there crying almost every time you listen to a song of his or watch a video of him playing is to me slightly insane.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:59:32 PM
I know who you're talking about and I do get your point, but I don't care about those people, they don't concern me as much as they seem to concern you  :P  I'm concerned of the fact that there are so huge clashes between the fans it's rediculous.

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 03:11:39 PM
Well, I happen to care about insane people too. :)

Huge clashes you say.. I think pretty much every big band suffers from that.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 03:16:47 PM
Very kind of you, indeed  :wink:

Yeah, and that sucks. Like, the fans split into xxx lovers and xxx haters and so on, and say that person is more talented, and the other one is sexier et cetera. Sometimes it's hard to believe those people are all fans of the same band.

RIP