• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

in the Netherlands "We are X" + Yoshiki Live

Mytrhil Taralom · 5755

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 03, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
Hey everyone!

So even the small Netherlands will get a change to see "We are X" and YOSHIKI! Whoo hype, excite and all that jazz.
It will play a couple of times at the IDFA in Amsterdam https://www.idfa.nl/nl/festival.aspx  and at the 17th of November Yoshiki will give a performance. I just bought my tickets!
Any more of you guys going?

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:31:42 PM
Hey that's awesome! You're really lucky.  :) Have lots of fun and please tell us about it afterwards.

I won't be there. The Netherlands isn't that far away, but still...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:50:00 PM
damn,

it's a weekday. Y???  :'(

positively unsure。

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 02:41:34 AM
Hey everyone!

So even the small Netherlands will get a change to see "We are X" and YOSHIKI! Whoo hype, excite and all that jazz.
It will play a couple of times at the IDFA in Amsterdam https://www.idfa.nl/nl/festival.aspx  and at the 17th of November Yoshiki will give a performance. I just bought my tickets!
Any more of you guys going?

You're so lucky to go see him in Amsterdam! The Melkweg is supposed to be a great performance space!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:49:33 AM by Resonance Media »

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 08:27:04 PM
Yoshiki has posted a message video for fans in/near the Netherlands. We hope all fans in nearby European areas will come see this special performance!

Facebook video
https://www.facebook.com/YoshikiOfficial/videos/1232719593433686/

Twitter video
https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/797845432516739072

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:45:06 PM

Amsterdam X Japan Fan Gathering Announced For "WE ARE X"!

NHK Broadcasting Network from Japan will be videotaping a news special at the "WE ARE X" film screening and Yoshiki performance at MELKWEG on 11/17!

THU 11/17
20:00 - Fan meeting at MELKWEG
21:00 - Film screening and Yoshiki performance

This is a great chance for fans to appear on television worldwide and show their excitement and pride for X Japan and Yoshiki!
- Dress up in your best visual kei outfits
- Bring your X Japan signs and banners
- Don't forget your Yoshikitty!
Show the world #WeAreX!

WE ARE X & YOSHIKI Screening/Performance information and tickets:
https://www.idfa.nl/industry/tags/program.aspx?id=36C836F1-8742-45A8-B68C-3DA2D56E5897

MELKWEG THEATRE directions:
https://www.melkweg.nl/en/info/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:57:00 PM by Resonance Media »

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 08:24:32 AM
This is today! :D Just dropping by to say I am very eXcited :D

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 10:37:56 AM
@resonance media

Oh! Uh huh! To feed the fame of a man that has given SO much to his fans who have gotten him there like totally right?!? To like, tooootally show support for this guy who has given us like, what like, 3 singles in 9 years? Like wow! Like let's totally line up and show him our support like! so cool! like "this is totally our chance for our loyalty to be rewarded!"

Hey, Resonance Media, when are you gonna cut the bullshit and tell us when X Japan is coming out with the CD they've been promising us for nearly a decade or at least a single, you slimy little promoter, huh?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:43:18 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 10:41:09 AM
Would it kill you to not ruin the mood? Much appreciated >.>

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 10:42:18 AM
Would it kill you to not ruin the mood? Much appreciated >.>
It wouldn't kill me but... it wouldn't bring any satisfaction either ;)

I CAN'T BE SATISFIEDDDDDD

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 03:54:22 PM
So! Today is the day. I am expecting your reports later. ;-)

No srsly... I'm still a little sad that I can't go. Please tell us afterwards about it. Have fun. ^^

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 05:00:07 PM
LOL returner, it's their JOB to write like that, would be weird if in their position they'd write stuff like "uh well...there's some event or whatever, go if you want to and make sure to take a shower and comb your hair as there'll be a camera team" (.....would be fun, though :P)

Anyway, waiting for some reports as well! how did it go!?

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 08:35:52 PM
Thank you for asking! After the screening and concert one of my friends went back home with me for a couple of days so I haven't had the time yet to fully process everything that happened. In short: It was absolutely amazing, Yoshiki took a string quartet with him to play the few songs he played, Stephen Kijak was there, Yoshiki took the time to meet every single fan in that room, me and one of my friends were asked by Stephen to take a selfie and he uploaded it to his twitter. My mind is blown and I'm so incredibly grateful. They didn't have to do all this and yet they did, most likely for free cause the tickets were the usual 15 euro's. I might write out a longer report tomorrow but for now, WE ARE X!

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 09:56:20 PM
Thank you for asking! After the screening and concert one of my friends went back home with me for a couple of days so I haven't had the time yet to fully process everything that happened. In short: It was absolutely amazing, Yoshiki took a string quartet with him to play the few songs he played, Stephen Kijak was there, Yoshiki took the time to meet every single fan in that room, me and one of my friends were asked by Stephen to take a selfie and he uploaded it to his twitter. My mind is blown and I'm so incredibly grateful. They didn't have to do all this and yet they did, most likely for free cause the tickets were the usual 15 euro's. I might write out a longer report tomorrow but for now, WE ARE X!

Wow! I am so happy for you! Yes, please write a longer report when you have time.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 11:16:34 AM
want to hear the whole story  :)

positively unsure。

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 06:44:00 PM
Wow! That sounds amazing getting to actually meet them. I'm jealous lol.  ;D

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 09:32:19 AM
Hey, sorry this took a while but since English is not my first language I asked some of my friends to look at it for me so it wouldn't have any  embarrassing mistakes :P

So I met up with one of my friends who was going to see the documentary with me and we walked around a bit and did more shopping. We then decided to try and find the venue before the sun went down and that was a very good call. We almost got lost 3 times xD. When we arrived at the venue there were several large queues but we couldn’t see any people who looked like X fans. We did discover that the IDAF entrance was more of a side entrance and decided to have an early dinner so we could get in line on time. When we came back to meet up with the rest of our friends and my parents  the queue  still wasn’t very big (my dad is a big X fan and my mom was interested to know what this crazy Japanese band was about), only a hand full of people were outside . We were let in pretty early and then the wait for the fan meeting started… If it ended up happening I don’t know because eventually my friends and I decided that we’d rather have a good spot to watch the movie and performance so we went downstairs to wait in line for the chairs closest to the stage.

And good seats we got! Well, good seats for watching Yoshiki perform, not for watching the movie :P We were in the second row, right in the middle! The documentary was great, I loved the music and the visuals were stunning. I’m not sure how understandable the story is to people who don’t know the band because they kept changing back and forth between old footage, new footage and interviews but for me as a fan I loved it. Seeing everything together in the documentary I thought we are very, very lucky to have X Japan back and performing!
After the movie there was a surprise, Stephen Kijak was there as well! And he did a small Q&A. I don’t remember any of the questions or answers but it was generally things we have already been told in the press junkets etc.

Next was finally Yoshiki’s performance! There was a string quartet and the show started with the clip of the interview thingy at the start of his Yoshiki Classical tour and of course Miracle.
The first song was Forever Love, after Yoshiki had a small MC where he talked with the audience about where everyone came from and he mentioned the show in Utrecht 5 years ago. Up next were Without You, Art of Life and of course it ended with Endless Rain. The pitch was kind of high so it was hard to sing along but we tried our best! Listening to recordings I’ve seen on YouTube etc. it sounded quite beautiful.  When the performance was done there was another Q&A with both Stephen and Yoshiki, it was very short and again mostly things we already know.

With the Q&A done it was announced that the people who wanted to could come to the front of the stage to meet Yoshiki. My friend and I at first thought that only a few people would get a chance to do so and we dislike crowds so we waited and watched. However it became apparent that Yoshiki was trying to meet everyone and we took our chance. My friend got to give him a hug and got interviewed by the camera team that follows him around, I managed to get a selfie with him :D.
Just when we were going to go to the train station I saw that Stephen was still standing around on the stage as well and we decided we wanted to try and thank him for coming. I impulsively shouted his name (I’d normally never do this) and he came over. He was surprised we wanted to talk to him and we talked a bit about the documentary, being a fan of X and the X Japan podcast. He also asked to take a selfie with us! Then we had to leave because my parents were getting worried about missing the last train home. It was a great evening and like I said before I am super, super grateful that I got to experience this.

I uploaded a few video clips to my YouTube channel (they’re not very long because I kept shaking too much from excitement :’) ) and a few pictures to my Instagram if you want to see those :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_PDsxuUOIOy27ObSpAYGI7rBBTiQYCq4
https://www.instagram.com/eve_gem/

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 07:32:47 PM
Actually, don't worry about the language, I am sure English is not the mother tongue for most of us.

Thank you very much for the report. You are so lucky to see Yoshiki's performance! Was the venue full? Have the people shouted 'we are x' ??

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 10:11:49 PM
It wasn't completely sold out but only a few chairs were left open!
Of course there was we are X shouting :P we were encouraged to do so and it was fun. Not so much before the screening happened though. It was very quiet ^^" But as soon as the event started people got more engaged

Offline Riot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 07:39:51 PM
The documentary, a mini-concert, Q&A, and a meet-and-greet....? I would have had a panic attack from all the excitement. :D Sounds like an awesome experience! I'm so happy for you!  :)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 01:43:06 AM
That's so cool! I'm happy that you had a good time~

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 03:57:17 PM
@Mytrhil Taralom

Thanx for sharing your great experience. ;)

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 02:53:19 AM
It was a great evening and like I said before I am super, super grateful that I got to experience this.

Great report! Thank you!