• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki's hair

Feudal · 7599

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: August 06, 2016, 01:40:43 PM
Completely random topic but I'm curious on what the consensus is on Yoshiki's hair. Do you think he wears any extensions or a hair piece? All natural? His hair hasn't changed much at all since the the late 90s.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 06:00:32 AM
I'm 100% convinced that it's real besides the color obviously. It's not that long right now but even when it was longer a year ago, I think it was real. My grandfather is Japanese and he had a full head of hair up until he passed away at 98. Not really sure why baldness seems to run more sparingly in males in some races vs others but it does seem to be less of a threat in Japanese males fsr... perhaps the type of chemical structure of naturally black colored hair... Idk.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:36:42 PM
I don't know for certain but I think it's natural (apart from the dye/bleach)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:20 PM
I think that he doesn't use extensions. But he seems to care a lot about his looks, so he would definetely use them if his hair became thinner or anything... Well and the color is obviously not natural. ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 11:50:16 AM
and sorry for the random comment here but I'm just in love with his previous hairstyle, yep yep the one in my avatar. I know he can't look like that forever but .... *sigh* so goregous And looks pretty real. His shorter style is gorgeous, too.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
For me his hair never changes. Always middle long and always gold-blond.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:46:28 PM
I have to disagree unless these videos are very misleading.  My understanding is that Art Of Life was performed twice, once on December 30th and again on December 31st.  During the December 30th performance,  Yoshiki passed out on stage.  This is video of the incident.  I hope I am not breaking rules by posting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zagJafZd40

You can clearly see his hair is shorter and I believe this is his real hair.

The second night, his hair is quite long and much thicker.   It can't have grown that much over night.  LOL  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrc2M7cNPWk

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline MM

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:21 AM
The first video is from the first night in Tokyo Dome after the reunion, it's from 2008, the second is from 1993.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:05:42 AM
The first video is from the first night in Tokyo Dome after the reunion, it's from 2008, the second is from 1993.

OK.  I thought I read he they played the song two nights in a row and he passed out the first time.   Is that incorrect, then?  hide is in both videos and he died in 1998.  How can he be there unless that film was spliced from a much older performance? Just curious.  I haven't figured it out, yet.  LOL.  Or did I maybe post the wrong video?? I went straight to youtube to get it this time and when I first found it, I went through google, first.  Hmmm

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 02:28:31 AM

OK.  I thought I read he they played the song two nights in a row and he passed out the first time.   Is that incorrect, then?  hide is in both videos and he died in 1998.  How can he be there unless that film was spliced from a much older performance? Just curious.  I haven't figured it out, yet.  LOL.  Or did I maybe post the wrong video?? I went straight to youtube to get it this time and when I first found it, I went through google, first.  Hmmm

Ummm.... not sure if serious... but they used a hologram of hide from the 1993 show during the Art of Life performance in 2008. It looks like he's there in the video as it's edited to be that way. When you see shots from far away, you'll see it's just a smokey hologram on stage. What made you think these are from the same show? The other members, including Yoshiki don't even look remotely the same. LOL
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:30:04 AM by Feudal »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:28 AM
Ummm.... not sure if serious... but they used a hologram of hide from the 1993 show during the Art of Life performance in 2008. It looks like he's there in the video as it's edited to be that way. When you see shots from far away, you'll see it's just a smokey hologram on stage. What made you think these are from the same show? The other members, including Yoshiki don't even look remotely the same. LOL
The problem for me is that I wasn't watching the other members but looking at Yoshiki in this particular video.  I did notice the hologram at around 8:14 into the video but going back and watching, again, from :29 up until that point, I don't believe that's the hologram.  I think whomever made this video inserted the part of hide playing from the 12 Dec 1993 show up until the 8:14 mark,  then showed the hologram after that.  If you look at hide's image before that time, the image is solid and he appears to be playing and moving in exactly the same position, fingering, body movement, etc, as in the 31st Dec, 1993 show and is not semi-transparent like in the hologram.

Oh well, I tried.  LOL. 

So - Yoshiki did not pass out on 12 Dec, 1993?

And I wasn't aware they used a full body hologram of hide, only one of his head and shoulders.  Ooops! I have a lot to learn, I guess.  LOL

Offline MM

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:52 AM
They did play the full version 2 nights in a row on Dec 30. and 31. 1993.

The parts where it doesn't look like a hologram are from the 1993. footage they were showing on the big screen over the stage.  :)
Here you can see the beginning of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1KeAd_bqU

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 09:53:52 AM
The videos were cut that way because the hologram itself was not really top notch quality, but if you check fan recorded footage of Art of Life at the reunion concert, you will see the hologram on stage. For the broadcast/professional footage that circulates on Youtube, they used the 1993 footage of hide. It looks better in quality than filming the hologram itself (which was based on the 1993 footage of hide anyways.) So of course Yoshiki has shorter hair in the 2008 version LOL. :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 10:13:02 AM
You guys got it all wrong. The videos were indeed shot 24 hours apart. After the first performance Yoshiki summoned a demon to bring back Hide on stage and since he was at it, had his hair magically grow longer and his whole self revert back to the age of 25. Legend says he summons that demon pretty often.  ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:51 AM
You guys got it all wrong. The videos were indeed shot 24 hours apart. After the first performance Yoshiki summoned a demon to bring back Hide on stage and since he was at it, had his hair magically grow longer and his whole self revert back to the age of 25. Legend says he summons that demon pretty often.  ;D

What?!?!? Are you serious? I see Satan in the background during the performance when Yoshiki passes out.   :o

Teemeah

Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:13 AM
Hahahahah indeed. :D Every time you click on an X video on youtube, Yoshiki gets younger!  :P

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:44 AM
They did play the full version 2 nights in a row on Dec 30. and 31. 1993.

The parts where it doesn't look like a hologram are from the 1993. footage they were showing on the big screen over the stage.  :)
Here you can see the beginning of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1KeAd_bqU
The videos were cut that way because the hologram itself was not really top notch quality, but if you check fan recorded footage of Art of Life at the reunion concert, you will see the hologram on stage. For the broadcast/professional footage that circulates on Youtube, they used the 1993 footage of hide. It looks better in quality than filming the hologram itself (which was based on the 1993 footage of hide anyways.) So of course Yoshiki has shorter hair in the 2008 version LOL. :D

Ah ha! I knew I wasn't imagining that.  It was the 1993 footage I was looking at before the hologram. 

I will have to look for the fan made videos of that concert because my computer is on auto for youtube and it keeps playing the same versions over and over so I don't go out in search of other versions.  I didn't know they were up on there. 

Offline Fullmetal-Hana

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 04:36:28 PM
I liked it when he had his hair long, but I like his current style too.
I think the reason why he cut it was because it was too heavy on his neck after he, you know, broke it. Plus, I think it's easier to manage when short.

Teemeah

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 04:44:21 PM
I think the reason why he cut it was because it was too heavy on his neck after he, you know, broke it. Plus, I think it's easier to manage when short.

That's a misconception, he did not break his neck :) he had a herniated disc. I think the haircut has to do with Toshi suddenly changing his hair to short black, under the influence of Masaya who was displeased with his "rotten look". Since Toshi changed his style (hair and clothes) drastically, the band had to tone it down a little, otherwise it would have looked awkward on stage.

Offline Fullmetal-Hana

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 06:04:46 PM
@Teemeah

Oh! Thank you for clearing that up. I guess I should double check my facts next time.
But you do make an interesting point. They toned down their look because Toshi turned down his own.

Teemeah

Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 07:17:27 PM
I remembered it from Toshi's book, but actually it was his wife who advised him to tone his look down. http://www.xjapantranslations.com/brainwashing-12-years-of-hell-1 It's in the Doubt in my mind chapter. He met Masaya afterwards, at the end of the Dahlia tour. So his wife-to-be persuaded him to "be more like himself".

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 04:58:38 AM

That's a misconception, he did not break his neck :) he had a herniated disc. I think the haircut has to do with Toshi suddenly changing his hair to short black, under the influence of Masaya who was displeased with his "rotten look". Since Toshi changed his style (hair and clothes) drastically, the band had to tone it down a little, otherwise it would have looked awkward on stage.

The date Yoshiki had his hair cut and the reason are not clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozhJhT1Ftk0

This CM was taken in the summer of 1995. And Dahlia tour starts in November of that year. Yoshiki may have his hair cut before Toshl did.

Teemeah

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:23 AM
Toshi doesn't give a specific date in his book but it was before the Dahlia tour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 11:07:21 AM
Completely random topic but I'm curious on what the consensus is on Yoshiki's hair. Do you think he wears any extensions or a hair piece? All natural? His hair hasn't changed much at all since the the late 90s.

He said he uses extensions in 1992.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWKY0rlcQg

around 0:45

つけげ means hair extension.

Teemeah

Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:27 AM
Yeah that really long hair he sported for the V2 promotions, those are certainly extensions. But before that, I think it was his real hair. It is certainly his real hair nowadays.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:31 AM
I know I have seen older video of Yoshiki with really long hair and I can tell it's real, just by how it flows.  But later, as you say, you can tell it's extensions or at least I can.  It looks like it comes from the wrong area and none of it coming from just above his neck.  That indicates extensions or wing or a partial wig to me.  Same with some of hide's.  I can tell.  And a long time ago, I used to wear partials as well and could tell when i looked in a mirror.  On the dance floor, that's another story as you can't see what you can see in brighter light.

Offline Tasha

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 01:50:39 PM

Teemeah

Reply #27 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:35 PM
I imagined Yoshiki with black hair.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:55 PM
I would love it if Yoshiki had hair as long as in the second or third pic, Teemeah. I think it actually looks very pretty. ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...