• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Lady's X

kuro.yoru · 17113

Teemeah

Reply #30 on: May 04, 2018, 07:44:33 AM
she is cool, but man, that vocalist annoys me to hell, he turned Kurenai into a friggin opera.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 02:16:56 PM
You can also watch the full band videos of the two performances:

Kurenai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9jFpjdfmoI

Silent Jealousy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdgPHbG4Vco

and yeah, her performance is pretty good. The rest of the people is also doing a nice job.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 01:45:05 AM
Well, I agree with Teemeah.  The singer is very good but his vibrato is over the moon.  Not for X Japan's music.   The're doing a nice job of covering, though.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 11:39:17 AM
I link some Lady's X audition clips.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av11771484/?p=2

ㄴThese are audition videos of June 30th last year(You can see more videos on that site). There were auditions for guitars, bass, drums and vocals. You can see the audition scene of the drumming girl that I posted a few days ago. Her name is "muratatamu". (It starts around 52:00~)

And the vocalist of Lady's X. (It starts around 61:00) Her name is Majima Naomi, 20 years old.

I don't know if I can post her instagram address here, but it is already spread in Japanese communities.

https://www.instagram.com/zipper055/

(I'll delete this address if there is any problem)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av15280325/?p=4

ㄴ This is the final audition on September 9 last year. I've seen this video roughly, and it seems like they've auditioned only for vocals that day. Every vocalist is awful. If you are bored now, if you want some stimulation, watch the video from 40:00.

Sometimes I think Japanese are too much in comics and animations, and they can't distinguish between reality and virtual world.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 09:25:10 PM

And the vocalist of Lady's X. (It starts around 61:00) Her name is Majima Naomi, 20 years old.

I don't know if I can post her instagram address here, but it is already spread in Japanese communities.

Is she a confirmed vocalist or just one you prefer? Because good god. By the looks of her insta she's just interested in being a bra model. I mean I guess that good for getting attention but it makes me think she's more interested in simply getting famous than anything to do with making music.

All she is is "innocent" face posing and lingerie pics.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:27:05 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 03:41:34 AM
Well...

Where's the damn album?!?!

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 10:31:09 AM

Is she a confirmed vocalist or just one you prefer? Because good god. By the looks of her insta she's just interested in being a bra model. I mean I guess that good for getting attention but it makes me think she's more interested in simply getting famous than anything to do with making music.

...don't look at the Instagram of Sugizo's daughter then :P :D

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 11:24:02 AM
Murata Tamu is an amazing drummer, ans she already has a successful musical carieer without Lady's X. Although, I would like to see how it turns out, but I'm not that hopeful that this project will ever get further than this. Sadly :/

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 06:16:03 PM

it's a typical idol. and no, i don't like this shit.

But damn, she can sing (for an amateur). She starts singing about 82min https://www.bilibili.com/video/av15280325/?p=4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:34:18 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 09, 2018, 02:35:20 AM

returner, I don't prefer her. I just saw her photos and read about her on the Japanese fansites last year. Japanese fans say she is the confirmed vocalist. I think they know more than we know. Since it is an open audition, for example, applicants can post if they have passed or not on the fansite. I found those audition clips on the Chinese site just 3 days ago, and I could recognize her as soon as I watched it.

Japanese fans say she is the confirmed vocalist, but who knows? Yoshiki can change members if he doesn't like them.

As for her being a bra model, you are perfectly correct. In her instagram profile, it is written "グラビア・モデル(gravure model / gravia model)". I can't translate this word "グラビア・モデル", google the image if you are interested in it. I really wonder what Yoshiki is thinking.

it's a typical idol. and no, i don't like this shit.

But damn, she can sing (for an amateur). She starts singing about 82min https://www.bilibili.com/video/av15280325/?p=4

I agree with you. I don't think her voice suits X Japan music. But other applicants are even more terrible. I heard that Yoshiki had auditioned for VUK female vocalists so many times, but the ultimate vocalist after hundreds times of auditions is THE vocalist we know. How lucky is that Yoshiki has met Toshi in kindergarten!

BTW, the girl who sings at 82nd minute is not her. She is another girl.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av15280325/?p=4
ㄴ Majima Naomi sings in the first order.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av11771484/?p=2
ㄴ She sings Adele's "Hello" (around 99:00)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 09:46:46 PM
via discord

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 12:42:04 AM
We all know they’re never going to play or release music.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 04:23:30 AM
We all know they’re never going to play or release music.

Definitely.  The whole thing is pointless.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 05:22:36 AM
This must have been the loggest casting ever.
I am kinda shocked about the announcement.
If it will lead anywhere?
We will see (well, hear)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 04:07:38 PM
Beyond idiotic

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 11:24:43 PM
Hey guys,

any news on this?

At first I thought "damn, they are very young. It's definitely hard for them to tour and study for school and so on..." but I start to think, that they all may be 25+ when this is starting ;) ;)
common, I'm just a bit sarcastic here ;)

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 06:18:00 PM
I remember when I watched a couple of videos about Yoshiki's selection for the members of the band...  I don't think that any of that girls actually got to debut somehow.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 05, 2021, 01:44:16 PM
It's been a while...

any news here?

(and I wondered about the underage girls when this project once started... )

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 05, 2021, 05:51:28 PM

any news here?

the website is still up and running, I can't believe it  ;D http://ladys-x.net/index_english/

these are news from 2018 and Yoshiki still was dubious about the whole thing, so I think that even this project sank like the Titanic http://inrock.ru/english/yoshiki_2018_en

however the drummer girl was really something! https://vimeo.com/232072682 Maybe she should have been hired for X, since Yoshiki is still beaten down by the multiple surgeries.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #49 on: June 05, 2021, 06:21:45 PM

however the drummer girl was really something! https://vimeo.com/232072682 Maybe she should have been hired for X, since Yoshiki is still beaten down by the multiple surgeries.
That would be a good addition. And Yoshiki can concentrate on piano, fan interaction and other stuff.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Esker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 04, 2021, 03:53:53 PM
Weehehee... That was some drumming. I don't think guitar or bass sounded bad either. Brought a smile to my face  :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 07, 2021, 05:30:06 PM
Yes she should take over the drums at X so Yoshiki can concentrate on piano and we don't have to listen to drumcomputers an prerecorded drumtracks. And since his health is in a bad nick, it would be benefits for all: Yoshiki and us.

positively unsure。

Offline Esker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 07, 2021, 07:05:04 PM
So not "Lady's X" but "Lady and X"?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 07, 2021, 08:36:52 PM
Hehe, call it like you want^^

I mean, since X is a very feminine band i think it's only logic to put a girl in to help Yoshi on drums :-) I think he would love it.

positively unsure。

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 07, 2021, 09:57:19 PM
I don't like to analyze every single thing as psychological BUT this project makes me ask, "Is it all about being a feminine band to choose a lady?"
‘Cause you know, Lady's X is just like a continuation of generation and even after our ancient boys retired, this gorgeous girl or maybe a sort of band might represent them next.
Kind of children of X.
 I mean, he would be happy to let her to help him and it’s logic to look for a girl to do that, ‘cause he seems like avoiding have a 'son' or a boy who can help him as well. Don’t know why but I feel like his trauma follows him in here too, as always.

Or maybe he's just planning to play the princess with these princess-like girls like you said. Who knows. :D

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 09, 2021, 05:19:06 AM
I don't like to analyze every single thing as psychological BUT this project makes me ask, "Is it all about being a feminine band to choose a lady?"
‘Cause you know, Lady's X is just like a continuation of generation and even after our ancient boys retired, this gorgeous girl or maybe a sort of band might represent them next.
Kind of children of X.
 I mean, he would be happy to let her to help him and it’s logic to look for a girl to do that, ‘cause he seems like avoiding have a 'son' or a boy who can help him as well. Don’t know why but I feel like his trauma follows him in here too, as always.

Or maybe he's just planning to play the princess with these princess-like girls like you said. Who knows. :D

interesting analysis. I think that X's aesthetic was heavily influenced by the costumes used by Kabuki theatre, which is for obvious reasons seen as a tradition in Japan and back in time it was acceptable for men to play even female roles, often using flamboyant clothing and artistically-crafted make up.

Yoshiki in particular among the members in the band always was the one who best incarnated the androgyny ideal during a lifespan of 50 years, in an extremely successful portrayal. I bet that if he had to choose one new member, he gladly would give up his spot to a younger girl, if it wasn't spearheaded by his sense of leadership.

Offline ottkaji

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 09, 2021, 12:21:50 PM
I for one wouldn't mind a new dedicated drummer so that all songs past and present (and future eventually) can have both piano and drums. Maybe dual drums on the heaver songs that can't use piano. On the other hand maybe Yoshiki should stick to piano only so he doesn't kill himself. Hide and Taiji are already dead and Yoshiki was near death several times. I'm certain that if Toshi was still in HoH he would be dead by now. It might be good to see Riku from T-Earth officially join X-Japan as well.

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 12, 2021, 01:38:24 PM
Knowing Yoshiki,if X has a new drummer, what he or she has to beat is Yoshiki's ego

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 13, 2021, 11:57:14 AM
Knowing Yoshiki,if X has a new drummer, what he or she has to beat is Yoshiki's ego

yup. I think that if somebody managed to do this in the late '90s, as of today we'd have about 10 new X albums out there

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 13, 2021, 04:09:30 PM
I have to agree. You are both right imho.

positively unsure。