#XDay POSTPONED

AsukaMiyu · 19091

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: February 03, 2016, 06:08:50 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!! I don't even know what to say!!!

First they show the Documentary somewhere else first.
Then they secretly move the album release to fall 2016 (or whatever).
Now they cancel the whole thing all together???

I'm waiting for the press release. Jeez. seriously.

https://www.facebook.com/XplosionFanpage/photos/a.600225600000985.1073741825.162874147069468/1074311825925691/?type=3&permPage=1

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:51:19 AM
Here we go again, feels like Paris all over again ... and to be honest, the only person I could blame is myself as I seem not be able to learn from my past mistakes.

On a positive note, it's good to hear that Pata seems to be recovering, that's the most important thing.
On a negative note, why not give the fans who were paying good money to travell to London at least somethinig, a concert of the remaining members with someone filling in for Pata temporarly, an album, a solo concert (of any member except Yoshiki), just fuckin something. But no ... nothing for nobody.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 07:10:05 AM
Just waiting for my friend in Japan translating the Yahoo site, seems Pata is in a real serious health condition. What fits with the announcement Sugizo made a couple of days.

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:42 AM
On their official site they wrote that he is recovering and left ICU, so I assume he's getting better.

Due to completely unforeseen circumstances, X JAPAN have announced that their show at SSE Arena Wembley, scheduled for March 12, 2016, has now been postponed to March 4, 2017. All original tickets sold will be honored at the new 2017 date.

PATA (guitarist) was admitted to the ICU at a hospital in Tokyo on January 15, 2016. He was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition, which included a severe blood clot. He recently came out of the ICU and his condition has thankfully stabilized, however his doctors do not consider him fit to fly until he has made a full recovery.

After much discussion, X JAPAN has announced a suspension of their current performance commitments, which include the Wembley show. Given the unfortunate circumstances, the release of X JAPAN’s new album, scheduled for a March 11, 2016 has also been postponed. Expect a rescheduled worldwide release date for their as-yet-untitled new album to be announced soon.

PS: Also, why do you need to write "PATA (guitarist)"? As a fan of the band you know which instrument he's playing and if you are not familiar with the band, you won't be reading it anyway. :P

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 07:39:53 AM
Pata's condition is totally understandable and he needs all the rest he can get with as serious as it seems to be. A tour postponement I don't particularly mind-I'm low on funds this year anyway.

They could AT LEAST have dropped the album and give it a decent promo cycle of videos. What an utter disappointment. This damn thing was supposed to be out SIX YEARS AGO.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:47:29 AM
I thought the album release was postponed earlier and couldn't have anything to do with Pata's (guitarist) ;-P
condition, or did I understand something wrong?
And that's what my friend wrote:
"Okay, so, he's been kept in the ICU on IV nutrients, in a state of "reduced activity", (do they mean like a medically induced coma?)."
It seems we have to wait till someone is making a proper statement or Pata his self is speaking again.

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 08:31:41 AM
I thought the album release was postponed earlier and couldn't have anything to do with Pata's (guitarist) ;-P
condition, or did I understand something wrong?

Nah, that's wrong. Some ppl started saying that the album needed to be completely recorded by the the 31st of Jan or something like that in order to be sent off for mixing or production to meet the March 11th release date, but I don't know where anyone got that info. Even if it were true, Pata was hospitalized mid-Jan so that could affect a number of songs, depending on whose parts are recorded last.

It's a shame this happened but it can't be helped. I feel sorry for the fans but I feel more sorry for the band. Poor Pata. X can't seem to catch a break. But it'll all work out.

Having the band do something on March 12th to honor the date... Eh.... I don't think that would've been a good idea. It would just be too weird, too haphazard. Ppl would be complaining regardless and I doubt any new tickets would be sold. Sure the diehard fans would show up but what about ppl who insured their travel expenses? They just might not even go. "I'll just wait for the real concert." It's just too messy.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:39:53 AM
Having the band do something on March 12th to honor the date... Eh.... I don't think that would've been a good idea. It would just be too weird, too haphazard. Ppl would be complaining regardless and I doubt any new tickets would be sold. Sure the diehard fans would show up but what about ppl who insured their travel expenses? They just might not even go. "I'll just wait for the real concert." It's just too messy.

So giving the people nothing is better? I don't even know how much money people lost with cancelled postponed X Japan concerts in the last couple of years, it's not funny anymore. If they are worried that a solo concert of Toshi won't fill the arena fine, book another location at the same date in London. A lot of people will be there anyway, but you should give the fans something.

The album not being finished by now is a whole different story, which is even more ridiculous. I'm not gonna make anymore jokes about the time it took to get Chinese Democracy released.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:46:42 AM

The album not being finished by now is a whole different story, which is even more ridiculous. I'm not gonna make anymore jokes about the time it took to get Chinese Democracy released.

How many times have we made that parallel now? It really feels like a sister album to that now.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:50:00 AM

How many times have we made that parallel now? It really feels like a sister album to that now.

More like the evil step-sibling. ;)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 08:58:33 AM
So giving the people nothing is better? I don't even know how much money people lost with cancelled postponed X Japan concerts in the last couple of years, it's not funny anymore. If they are worried that a solo concert of Toshi won't fill the arena fine, book another location at the same date in London. A lot of people will be there anyway, but you should give the fans something.

I just can't think of anything better tbh. I guess they could still show the film at a smaller venue. Any performance without Pata seems wrong though. Like an acoustic set would just be Yoshiki and Toshi and sometimes Sugizo, or Yoshiki and Sugizo, or Toshi, or Toshi and Sugizo and Heath, or Yoshiki. And just have that in rotation? But that's completely not X Japan at all and a brand new show takes planning plus brand new time for rehearsal.

You know.... Booking a venue, planning a concert, arranging the production of the show, AND rehearsing the new set all in appr. 30 days? Who can do that? Yeah it would be nice for fans... If it could be done in a way that actually reflected the quality of the band. But a quickly patched up, last minute concert? That's asking for a lot of disappointment for both the fans and the band. You have to be realistic about your expectations, what you're really asking.

Haha, yeah. Well I don't know why anyone would expect the album to be done tbh. Of course it's going to be picked at and recorded and rerecorded and added onto up to the very last day. It's always been that way so why change the dynamic of the band now?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline kuro.yoru

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 09:14:12 AM
I...am....speechless...
that's all...
errr...and I think setting up a last minute concert is sth that Yoshiki is good at...I mean he could do sth for all those poor fans who just lost their money...
but I guess he's in chaos now...again...
I couldn't even make it to Wembley but I'm speechless now...done...
I shouldn't probably say this...but it feels like...we are..cursed :|

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 09:20:28 AM
You know.... Booking a venue, planning a concert, arranging the production of the show, AND rehearsing the new set all in appr. 30 days? Who can do that? Yeah it would be nice for fans... If it could be done in a way that actually reflected the quality of the band. But a quickly patched up, last minute concert? That's asking for a lot of disappointment for both the fans and the band. You have to be realistic about your expectations, what you're really asking.

Sure, it's not something easy to do. But I don't see why it should be impossible to pull that of. Toshi is doing solo concerts all the time (at least it feels that way lol), so get his ass over to London and let him perform in a small club/bar/venue, whatever. \m/

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 09:24:27 AM
I...am....speechless...
that's all...
errr...and I think setting up a last minute concert is sth that Yoshiki is good at...I mean he could do sth for all those poor fans who just lost their money...
but I guess he's in chaos now...again...
I couldn't even make it to Wembley but I'm speechless now...done...
I shouldn't probably say this...but it feels like...we are..cursed :|

Yoshiki pulls off amazing things under pressure but that still leaves 3 other members who have to learn a different setlist and rehearse. It's just a lot, a lot to ask.

Did you mention the curse because of the documentary? Apparently that's addressed in there. Stuff like this happening.

Sure, it's not something easy to do. But I don't see why it should be impossible to pull that of. Toshi is doing solo concerts all the time (at least it feels that way lol), so get his ass over to London and let him perform in a small club/bar/venue, whatever. \m/

He's doing solo concerts with months-worth of planning and rehearsal. Toshi alone cannot hold up what would have been X day and the more ppl you get doing something unexpected the more complicated the situation becomes. But hey, anything's possible. I just wouldn't count on it.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:45 AM
He's doing solo concerts with months-worth of planning and rehearsal. Toshi alone cannot hold up what would have been X day and the more ppl you get doing something unexpected the more complicated the situation becomes. But hey, anything's possible. I just wouldn't count on it.

He shouldn't hold up what X day would have been, they should just give the fans at least something. Something's better than nothing in that case and in my opinion. Of course I can only speak for myself and what I want. ;) But I'd prefer some small club gig (maybe even acoustic) over getting nothing any day. :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 10:58:24 AM

He shouldn't hold up what X day would have been, they should just give the fans at least something. Something's better than nothing in that case and in my opinion. Of course I can only speak for myself and what I want. ;) But I'd prefer some small club gig (maybe even acoustic) over getting nothing any day. :)

It's fine, Returner the Yoshiki apologist hasn't been around long enough to have lost all of his patience yet. I mean, some of us were like that too after the shit show of 2008.

I love how all of the signage/creative has "World Tour" like "2016 World Tour" I'm sorry what? You had 1 show planned in 2016 and it's not happening. Yoshiki's funny like that. "2016-17 World Tour" it's being rebranded as....what a joke.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:02:45 AM by Feudal »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:46 AM
Found an article with more insight, statements from bandmembers. 

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2016-02-03/x-japan-postpone-wembley-show-as-pata-takes-unwell

I don't know. Having just read the article I found (the one I just shared) it's clear that something really serious has happened to Pata.  Sounds like the bloodclot might be just a small component to something more dangerous. I have to consider how Toshi and Yoshiki, Heath, and Sugizo must be feeling. To put together another show in 30 days would make them machines... To do so while they're worrying about their band mate, their friend of 30 years... Nah... These guys need time to process real life shit right now. They need to be able to keep their commitments on Pata, not the fans.

It's fine, Returner the Yoshiki apologist hasn't been around long enough to have lost all of his patience yet. I mean, some of us were like that too after the shit show of 2008.

I love how all of the signage/creative has "World Tour" like "2016 World Tour" I'm sorry what? You had 1 show planned in 2016 and it's not happening. Yoshiki's funny like that. "2016-17 World Tour" it's being rebranded as....what a joke.

I've been around since 2007, mate.  ;) Got into X right before they reunited. This is the X I've always known.

Also I think they definitely had other shows lined up in 2016, they just didn't want to announce it before X Day because they wanted as many ppl as possible to come to Wembley.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:17:23 AM by returner »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:09 PM
It was written in the sky and everybody saw it coming... yet we were once again naive enough to ignore it. I almost booked a flight/hotel, seriously considered it and then got a flash back of the Paris debacle. Yay me.

Pata's health condition is a sad affair, obviously, we wish him well and all but it is utterly convenient. 1 year! March 2017, that's so far away and hypothetical for most bands with X-japan you KNOW this is bullshit and won't happen. How about flights, hotels and the ticket themselves ? Nowhere is there any mention about having the possibility of getting your money back for the tickets. That would be preposterous! Any event cancelled in that fashion offers that option even if the show would have been postponed by just a couple of weeks... 1 freakin year.

I'm sorry but they could have found other means to fix this. Have a guest guitarist (a big name or a no name but a talented guitarist), if possible have Pata say a few words to the fan, even if on the recording and offer people the option of being reimbursed (which 99% wouldn't take).

As for the album... come the f*ck on! There was NO promo so far for it, little if even a bit of talk about it, unknown track listing so how convenient! They did modify their pathetic marketing material silently ahead so something was up from the get go. An album that we know will most likely not contain ANY exclusive or new material... maybe..maybe one freakin song ??? The other songs were written and played over and over for many years.

Lumping in their pseudo album failure and blaming it on Pata's health is discusting.

X-japan are big, they've got the ressources to plan and adapt according to the means a band of their caliber have. The so called drama is in most part the reflect of piss poor planning and communication, not "unfortunate events that could not be foreseen".

I hope Pata recovers quickly for his own sake so "X-Japan" can stop using him as an excuse... but who am I kidding ?

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:31 PM
Pata's health problem started in mid-January when it was already clear that the album would be postponed. They'll most likely blame his health problems for the delay but the album wasn't going to be released anyway, there was no promotion going on, it was quite clear sth was wrong.

hi there

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 04:03:10 PM
Astralmind and Feudal (on the We are X topic) said it all, I completely agree.

Nothing more to add but that the reunion was 8 YEARS AGO ffs! Get it together already...

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 04:44:49 PM
Meanwhile, this was posted on Yoshiki's facebook page 8 minutes ago : http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-we-are-x-20160203-story.html

Pretty cringe worthy article (and am I the only one who's never heard of Yoshiki being referred to as Yoshi ? ...)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 05:05:53 PM
Oookay, so apparently the blood clot isn't the only thing that Pata has to deal with.

X Japan’s Pata who was admitted urgently to the hospital is now in remission, activities are postponed.

Rock band X Japan’s member Pata (whose real name is Tomoaki Ishizuka) was admitted to the hospital from January 15th. He was being treated in the ICU but is currently stable.
He was diagnosed with large intestine diverticulitis and portal vein thrombosis and is receiving IV treatment.

Original source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160203-00010007-musicv-musi
Translation source: http://tinyurl.com/bunnychuu45-Tumblr

Damn man, that's terrible for Pata. *sigh* Welp, we can do nothing about it, but just put our faith on him & hope that he recovers in a reasonable amount of time.

As for the tour & album, while I'm not surprised about the outcome (and I'm not going to X Day), I wont lie & say that I'm not disappointed/a little angry too. I've been a fan of X Japan for just as long as some of you guys & having to hear that the album got postponed (AGAIN), plus the fact that they're on hiatus (pardon my language) fucking hurts me, y'know? While yes, Pata's condition does put a damper on X Day & I do agree with that postponement (btw, I'm so sorry for all of guys who were planning on going. This must be a stab in the back for you all), I do not agree about, YET AGAIN, another album delay. At this point, the lack of a record label, plus mixing should have been addressed & fixed years ago. This is getting depressing for each year that goes by & nothing happens with these guys. . . You guys are tired of it, I'm tired of it. Geez man, I feel like giving up on them, but I won't. I know it & I bet none of you guys will either. Personally, I have an unreasonable amount of faith in the band, in a bunch of people that I will never meet in my lifetime, but I know that things will work out, one way or another. How do I know? I don't.

Also, no, I don't think that the band should have had a session player for X Day. X Japan is not X Japan without ALL the members being present. Plus, what if the got someone that people didn't like to begin with as their session player? Everybody would bitch & whine that they should have postponed the concert for Pata anyways & would probably want their money back.

//end rant

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 05:18:16 PM

Man, I still have a soft spot for this band but man they really need to get their shit together :/ I know they're getting up there in age and have suffered various hurdles with health and management problems. Maybe an unfair comparison but take Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson had fucking CANCER, took some time off beat that shit, put out a new album (albeit not very good but it still got released!) and now I am going to see them in April. All that aside, I can't believe it's been like 6 years and no album... an album that is supposed to be half old material... I know I am just regurgitating what we've all been saying and totally beating a dead horse but jesus christ on a pogo stick. ughhh. Well anyways now that I got that outta the way, I hope Pata has a swift recovery.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 05:19:02 PM
Why do they postpone the concert for a freakin' YEAR??? And why postpone the album?Because they forgot to promote it?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 06:20:10 PM
Horrible about Pata, and I hope he makes a full recovery

However, why delay the album even more? Hell, get a fill in guitar player for the UK show and just postpone the tour. This is a joke, this thing was announced almost a year ago. To delay the one show a year and turn the album into vaporware again is a joke. So unprofessional. I love Pata, but as long as Yoshiki and Toshi are there, the gig could have still gone on. Sorry to those stuck with plane tickets... again...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 06:29:44 PM
Too bad Richard Fortus is tied up with GNR rehersals, he could have learbed the songs in a day

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 07:41:49 PM
Here we go again, feels like Paris all over again ... and to be honest, the only person I could blame is myself as I seem not be able to learn from my past mistakes.

I am totally with you here. I can only blame myself. I am a X Japan fan since over 20 years, I don't know what to think of all the things happened in the last couple of years.
Today, I told myself that I will not buy any flight tickets just because of X Japan. If they will have a concert within a train distance from my home (I am in Hamburg, Germany), then I will consider to buy the ticket and book the train and hotel the day before the concert. I think it's the only safe way to do. 

Did they mention about the ticket refund?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 09:46:23 PM
No word about refunds. They only said that the ticket will stay valid for the new date... and there is some weird contact form on the official website but with no explanation? x_X
www.xjapanmusic.com/WAform.html

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 09:59:40 PM
I'm totally bummed about X day after paying for a hotel but hopefully Pata has a speedy recovery ~ hopefully Yoshiki and Toshl come back for an expo or something before next March. I've made an event on facebook for anyone who cant get a refund on a hotel or travel and have a meet up/ party and drinks at Wembley :D I'll have a full cosplay group there messing around and drinking for whoever wants to join xD https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/events/435155306683006/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=plan_user_associated if the link doesn't work feel free to add me as charlotte ball on facebook and I can refer you or the event is simply called XDAY
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:04:18 PM by toshlshades »

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 08:10:28 AM

I am totally with you here. I can only blame myself. I am a X Japan fan since over 20 years, I don't know what to think of all the things happened in the last couple of years.
Today, I told myself that I will not buy any flight tickets just because of X Japan. If they will have a concert within a train distance from my home (I am in Hamburg, Germany), then I will consider to buy the ticket and book the train and hotel the day before the concert. I think it's the only safe way to do. 

Did they mention about the ticket refund?

Been there, done that. It was my mistake 'coz I booked an early flight and hotel accommodations  for their Taiwan-moved-rescheduled-or-postponed-concert-whatever, ages ago. We could do nothing about it so me and my son just toured Taipei City. That's why, I was really undecided to book and buy tickets for their Wembley Arena X Day. Lesson learned well. Will wait till next year.
Album release is another matter though. I want to stay cool so I won't rant.