• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

We Are X Doc Promo Poster Revealed!

returner · 25849

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 18, 2016, 07:35:26 PM
Looks like Pata's condition is more severe than a bloodclot that requires no travel... Yoshiki posted this on twitter yesterday:

I just came to #JAPAN to see #PATA.He hasn't been eating for a month, but he's getting better and better. He'll make it through!  #WeAreX

I feel so sorry for him. The recovery from how much weight and muscle he's undoubtedly already lost is gonna be an uphill battle, and that's not even factoring in what medical condition is forcing that fast on him. I'm glad he's getting better and better though!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 07:58:08 PM
Well, as mentioned in the japanese news article, Pata also suffers from Colon Diverticulitis. And treatment usually consists of restriction to only fluids and/or nutrition by IV (in combination with antibiotics.) So it's not exactly that he couldn't eat but more like he wasn't allowed to. Anyway, if he's getting treatment and actually getting better that's great news!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 19, 2016, 09:59:44 AM
Speedy recovery, Pata. We love you!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:12 PM
WE ARE X - Trailer

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: March 14, 2016, 10:14:56 PM
Well, as mentioned in the japanese news article, Pata also suffers from Colon Diverticulitis. And treatment usually consists of restriction to only fluids and/or nutrition by IV (in combination with antibiotics.) So it's not exactly that he couldn't eat but more like he wasn't allowed to. Anyway, if he's getting treatment and actually getting better that's great news!

THIS... while by no means is it a fun condition and can certainly be dangerous if left unattended, the whole shpeel about Pata's condition so far seems to have been rolled up in a healthy dose of Yoshiki-drama.

Meanwhile, Yoshiki is casually hanging out in LA (and posting about it) while pissed off fans who lost money travelling needlessly to London are left out. Would have been a pretty decent gesture to at least fly in for the day, do a quick meet and great, maybe a free mini concert with Toshi for ticket holders ? That would have  certainly showed good faith and true appreciation towards their fans but... yeah no.

Gotta love the comment about asking other X-Japan members (including Yoshiki himself) filling in for Pata on the album's guitar recording.. that shows just how far they still are in the process.

As for the documentary, the trailer is neat but confirms it should have been titled My Life - Yoshiki more than We are X..

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 22, 2016, 07:51:25 AM
Hmmm, not sure if this is the best thread to post this in, but there is an interview up with the creators of the title sequence in the documentary, which you can actually watch!

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/we-are-x/

Looks very cool, makes me even more excited to see this when it is finally released!