• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan Japan tour 2015

toshlshades · 21810

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: August 19, 2015, 10:24:10 AM
So it seems like X Japan are doing a tour with VIP tickets available for entry to the soundcheck etc. Thought it might be worth posting as I don't seem to remember Yoshiki or the official page posting it~ http://xjapan2015.live-vip.jp/vma/

Ticket sales page - (sales start Tuesday 25th August) http://udo.jp/Artists/Xjapan/

Seems rather short notice if it is legit lol, but then again X Japan do like to surprise people with last minute performances

December 2 (wednesday) 18: 00/19: 00 Yokohama Arena
December 3 (Thursday) 18: 00/19: 00 Yokohama Arena
December 4 (friday) 18: 00/19: 00 Yokohama Arena
December 7 (Mon) 18: 00/19: 00 Osaka Castle Hall
December 9 (Wed) 18: 00/19: 00 Marine Messe Fukuoka
December 11 (Friday) 18: 00/19: 00 Hiroshima Green Arena
December 14 (Mon) 18: 00/19: 00 NGK Hall

(My translate keeps on messing up the names of the venues etc )
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:33:01 AM by toshlshades »

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55:24 AM
They're apparently also releasing the first single of the new album on Oct 23.

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=4787#.VdRShGDe_OQ

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 11:21:28 AM
Oh that's awesome, I wonder if that's the one with the Jade cover art that Yoshiki posted not long ago? i'd be interested to find out the single and album names.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:13 AM
A concert in December doesn't really sound short-notice... xD It's a normal timeframe for their Japan concerts. They always sell out in seconds anyway, even if it was scheduled to take place next week. :D

Anyway, I am happy that they are finally touring Japan! This was really overdue! >_<

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:45:44 AM
Mh true, I guess I got too caught up in the announcement of a March concert in July  :) Yeah I'm sure the whole tour will sell out by the end of the day that they go on sale ~ It's been 20 years I think since they did an actual Japan tour so i'm happy for their fans  :D

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:35:20 PM by toshlshades »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 04:01:11 PM
Awesome! So glad to see the ball rolling. Hope we get an album name and tracklist in October

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 09:04:30 PM
Really great to see Japan starting things off and when! Surprised it's happening this year tbh. Does that mean they're going to be treated to a host of new songs before the album comes out?

Of course, I'm suuuuper excited about the single in October. Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Oh that's awesome, I wonder if that's the one with the Jade cover art that Yoshiki posted not long ago? i'd be interested to find out the single and album names.

Jade was already released as a single in 2011... not sure if it was a physical release as well as digital but it was definitely already released. I can't imagine the single cover being the Jade one for that reason alone. But the Jade cover is awesome so I hope Yoshiki does the photographs for the singles and album tbh!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 09:43:49 PM
I'm really excited to hear what the setlist will be in the Japanese tour (hopefully it varies a bit this time). I really want to hear the new single, i wonder when preorders are out xD

Maybe they'll release Jade as a single separately or Yoshiki uploaded the pic for the fun of it :D I'm debating whether to buy the album on itunes the day before the X Day concert or if to keep it a surprise for the gig the day after.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 10:35:11 PM
I'm debating whether to buy the album on itunes the day before the X Day concert or if to keep it a surprise for the gig the day after.

I'm tearing into that fucker the second it drops! I've already planned to shut myself away from the world on that day so I can lock myself in a dark room and indulge. Not even kidding.

Personally I think it would be more fun to get hyped on the album and then see the live than to starve with curiosity, haha. But I guess it could also make the album more special to wait, cause then you'll have the memories of the concert while playing it for the first time

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 11:47:14 PM
I might just have a 'new X album listening party' the day before in the hotel whilst sorting out x cosplays :D I guess we've heard about 60% of the album at least previously with songs like hero and kiss the sky so could just buy it so i know the lyrics/what to expect xD

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:13 AM
That's pretty awesome for those in Japan~ Good for them. Heaven knows that it's high time that they get their own tour. Slightly sad that they have a concert on my birthday though. (; w ;")

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 01:34:00 AM
I bet the "new single" is Hero. It would be awesome if I'm wrong.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:29 AM

Why because of the PV they shot? It could be Kiss The Sky since it's the one getting teased on the Wembley ad.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 06:56:55 AM
Still prefer without you

Ex denxdenx

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 08:17:47 AM
Yes, I would think it would be Hero as we know the studio version in a complete form, and yea they have already filmed a PV for it, whether or not they will use that footage remains to be seen...(Jade PV anyone?)

I don't think it will be Beneath The Skin because they may be too heavy to new comers and I can't see it being Kiss The Sky because that is supposedly the 11ish minute track on the album? I could be wrong though, and wouldn't mind if I was!

Either way, nice to have a date for some new material! And even though I won't be able to go, excited about the Japan concerts!!! They are hopefully going to be a warm up to a awesome year!

:)

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 05:14:33 PM
Anw, any news abot yoshiki health??

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 05:27:44 PM
Haha, on Xplosion there's a poll for what people think will be the new single. Vote, vote, vote...! ;D

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=4826

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 09:03:46 PM
Anw, any news abot yoshiki health??
As of late, I haven't heard anything new unfortunately.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 02:49:06 AM
I believe Yoshiki's health is pretty good right now. His plan is to release the album and film, tour and then do surgery in 2017. This all makes sense as he's announced Japan shows in December, Wembley in March, he's somewhat confirmed on Twitter that they will tour in the US in 2016. I think it will be a big year for them and then hopefully he recovers well from surgery.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 04:01:22 AM
How come no withoutyou on the poll choice? And scarlet love song? Lol

Ex denxdenx

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 03:39:23 PM
How come no withoutyou on the poll choice? And scarlet love song? Lol

Scarlet Love Song was the theme song to Buddha which was released in 2011. It's too late to make a single out of it imo. Even though Hero's a theme song too, it's relatively new. Plus the song on the movie was done by VUK and not X Japan.

Without You was introduced too long ago, too, and was released on The World album as a live recording. It would be best as another track on the new album instead of as a single.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 07:32:48 PM
Without you was on "The World" ...well a live version anyway. XD That's still more than the other songs got so far haha... :D

Anyway, I guess it will most likely be Kiss the Sky

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 05:55:31 AM
Whoops, totally forgot to update this thread...

In the meantime, a few addictional concerts were added! The first one will take place in a tiny live house in Ishinomaki for only 150 people - and it will be streamed live on niconico! Yay!! :)

Additional dates:
November 28th: Ishinomaki Blue Resistance
December 1st: Yokohama Arena
December 15th: Nagoya Nippon Gaishi Hall

More Information about the livestream:
http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=6027

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 06:47:21 AM
The first one will take place in a tiny live house in Ishinomaki for only 150 people - and it will be streamed live on niconico! Yay!! :)

150 people for the INM show? WOW! That's hella tiny! As for the NN stream, I bet you it's gonna show a bit of it, then go to premium users. But I think that I'll try to watch a bit of it for the sake of it.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:44 PM
150 people for the INM show? WOW! That's hella tiny! As for the NN stream, I bet you it's gonna show a bit of it, then go to premium users. But I think that I'll try to watch a bit of it for the sake of it.

It's so small because it's a charity concert for the tsunami victims :)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 04:51:52 PM
Yeah it's a charity show - half of the tickt were auctioned and the other half went to locals. :)

Kurenai_Akari, niconico says that "The later half of this show will only be available for premium members." Doesn't sound that bad. And well, the premium account is really cheap and you can just cancel it before it gets extended for the month after. ;D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 05:29:38 AM
Doesn't sound that bad. And well, the premium account is really cheap and you can just cancel it before it gets extended for the month after. ;D

Yea I have done that several times to watch Toshl's live shows. And the cool thing is you can also timeshift the video, so you don't have to be free to watch the live stream, you can watch it later :)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 05:31:17 AM
Yeah, same here, mC! :)
Since we don't get many releases anyway, we can at least use these 4€ for a live stream haha

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 02:23:42 PM
I tried signing up for the service but it wouldn't take my visa cc? And then I did some research and other ppl were having trouble with their credit cards, too. You guys had no trouble?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 05:53:16 PM
I tried paypal, too, which didn't work. so I signed up trough the niconico app which worked just fine. :/