TAIJI - Sawada Taiji book

Kurenai_Akari · 12777

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: July 21, 2015, 04:20:22 AM
I've been seeing this book float around my news feed on Facebook for the past two weeks & apparently it's suppose to entail the final weeks of Taiji's life before the Saipan incident, along with some investigative insight to his passing.

Link is here - http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4800235987

So let's discuss people:
- Are you planning to buy the book?
- Are willing to read the book (if you know Japanese)
- What sort of information do you think the author knows about this?

My thoughts are:

- I'm on the fence about buying it. I mean, it was one thing to buy ToshI's book because it was written by him, but I'm wary about this.
- My Japanese is really weak, so I probably couldn't read even if I wanted to. I'd put in a request to the ladies who translated ToshI's to translate this one.
- I have no clue what sort of information the author would have & that's kinda scary to me.

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 05:14:58 PM
Check on the page to see if you can see the inside of the book, and if there's any author's note on how he got it.
Also, could you please tell me where I may read a translation of Toshi's book?

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:03 PM
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:31:52 PM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 07:34:04 PM
Thank you so much!!  :D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:15 AM
Apparently the author is Tomomi Akatsuka, Taiji's lover (?)

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 06:32:36 PM
Ah, she was the one, I guess, who started a petition to force the police to make further investigations concerning Taiji's death, because she didn't believe he commited suicide.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
I have plans translating Tomomi's book but it doesn't depend only on my will. A friend of mine who read it and have better japanese than mine told me a lot about it. Generally it's about Taiji's arrest and death, many of it was already published one way or another online by third side, fans, Taiji supporters and other people. Because I cannot rush my friend, who have her personal life and isues like all of us, if translation is not a fact in next few months, I am planning to buy a copy of this book and give it to agency to translate it for me, so I will upload it one way or another.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 06:36:22 AM
I have plans translating Tomomi's book but it doesn't depend only on my will. A friend of mine who read it and have better japanese than mine told me a lot about it. Generally it's about Taiji's arrest and death, many of it was already published one way or another online by third side, fans, Taiji supporters and other people. Because I cannot rush my friend, who have her personal life and isues like all of us, if translation is not a fact in next few months, I am planning to buy a copy of this book and give it to agency to translate it for me, so I will upload it one way or another.

Hell yeah, that'd be great actually! I'm more than willing to wait for an English translation, fan made or official.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
First part of the book is ready to read in english here, soon I will post more.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:56:47 PM
First part of the book is ready to read in english here, soon I will post more.
Ah. That was REALLY fast.

Now despite me saying that I'd love for it to be translated & such, I'll probably hold off on reading it immediately. I dunno. . .

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 08:16:26 PM
I have to appology, site was hacked and half of the information was los. Now everyting is fixed, first chapter of the book is avialable. Next will be uploaded next week.

If despite everything you have any troubles with the site, please let me know.

Offline Nemurin

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:03 PM
We asked you nicely to notify us if you were going to share our translation, yet you did not.
That translation was made by my friend (japanese->italian ) and me ( italian -> english ), so I'd like to officially inform everyone who has an interest in it that we won't supply this person with our work anymore;
We'd however be glad to post it here, so that fans get to read it, granted it doesn't pose a problem with the admins.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 07:40:23 PM
We'd however be glad to post it here, so that fans get to read it, granted it doesn't pose a problem with the admins.

Hey,
thnaks for your work. Please post it here. I'm sure you will many fans very happy

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 07:14:15 AM
We asked you nicely to notify us if you were going to share our translation, yet you did not.
That translation was made by my friend (japanese->italian ) and me ( italian -> english ), so I'd like to officially inform everyone who has an interest in it that we won't supply this person with our work anymore;

First and foremost, thanks to you and your friend for working hard in translating the book. Second off, it'd be cool if you could post the translations here, but only if you guys want to.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

I'm sorry, I created a site especially to post anything that happens on his case. I gave you a credits as you asked, as you can see at the site. This is not only your work because I translated it from english to bulgarian and in site you first agreed to be posted. It was me creating and running only by myself a site and a facebok page, also me who translated the entire autobiographical book, not only one chapter (twise, because site was hacked and I had no copy of it). It was also me who had a long argument with Wikipedia before they agreed to publish the new version of Taiji's death where it wasn't showed as a suicide but concidering a posibility to be a murder.
My boss agreed to post an article in our site for this case, he is a big fan of X btw, also I connected to a local radio and they said they are interested to make a live transmission about Taiji's case. It was also me who painted his portrait on the fence so people passing by are stopping and asking who Taiji and Hide were and what happened to them.
"This person" promoted your work and supported it, is that the problem, you want credits only for yourself? I have no problem with that, my goal is truth to reach more people, not someone to know my name.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:56:54 PM by Aries »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 02:48:33 AM
I sure hope this all gets sorted out quickly because I really would like to read it.  I feel I could learn a lot about Taiji from it although there are probably other pages and articles on here that have worthwhile information as well. Thank all of you for all you are doing.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 09:23:08 PM
I found this russian site about Taiji

https://vk.com/x_universe

There seem to be some materials from various sources... and there's an interview from first '90s... seems interesting.. I don't know how reliable it will be a translaton in english from a russian text which has already been translated (from who knows who) probably from japanese... anyway I could try...  ::)

Your scars are beautiful

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 03:53:02 AM
helenmoon, thank you for this website!!

Chrome is translating it for me.  Woah, weird stuff regarding interviewing hide.  :o

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 04:45:11 AM
I didn't know this book existed. I only knew about the Taiji autobio published in 2000. His death is so  veiled. I'm looking forward to your translation.  8)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 09:19:27 PM
... I'm reading Tajiji's book dedication to hide..

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 10:25:31 PM
from here:

http://xjapanfansforum.informe.com/x-no-sei-to-shi-uchuu-o-kakeru-tomo-e-dt244.html

I found the prologue:

"Prologue
Taiji, Sawada Taiji…I wonder, do you really know the person called by this name?

It may be that I am not someone who can publish a book that's worthy of a great award.

The fact is, just a little bit before this, I was a homeless man whose very existence had disappeared.

In the things I did after I quit X, my life took a downward turn.

No matter where I go, for some reason I can't settle my mind.

Though I thought that I must have had a screw loose somewhere, my body and my soul were both rusty, and it became hard to move smoothly.

Frankly, even now, I can't find this screw.

But even so, it's true that it's as if something has gone missing.

While I stretch my hands out to receive drop after drop of the oil of hope, I am doing nothing but continuing to polish away at the rust.

Until this heavy rusted body of mine shines brightly with new life again, I will continue to work hard.

And afterwards, I will only continue to look for that misplaced screw. As I gather up the pieces one by one of the rust that has peeled off, I will continue my search.

And so, now having the many pieces of rust in my hands, the time has come when they can finally be able to be made to rest in peace.

At the same time, this is nothing short of a requiem for my friend who is flying freely through the universe: hide."

Your scars are beautiful

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 02:34:09 AM
This prologue is very touching and honest, I'm sure many people feel something similar, myself included, and the symbolism(screw, rust, oil of hope) really spoke to me just now. Also, kudos to the translator. I have no idea if the translation is accurate, but it was written by a true poet!
Now I'm kinda sad... I'll have some chocolate ice cream  :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 02:42:38 AM
helenmoon,

Thank you so much for your translation.  There is just so much out there that I wasn't aware of.   If it weren't for people like you, we would never know what all these words mean.  I look forward to anything else you can give us from this book. <3

Teemeah

Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 06:25:03 AM
helenmoon,

Thank you so much for your translation.  There is just so much out there that I wasn't aware of.   If it weren't for people like you, we would never know what all these words mean.  I look forward to anything else you can give us from this book. <3

The book has been translated before and the link to it was posted by Aries above... :) http://hydeism.oxxy.com/X-Truth/Taiji-Book

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 06:32:15 AM
helenmoon,

The book has been translated before and the link to it was posted by Aries above... :) http://hydeism.oxxy.com/X-Truth/Taiji-Book

This is the same? http://xjapanfansforum.informe.com/x-no-sei-to-shi-uchuu-o-kakeru-tomo-e-dt244.html

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 07:04:53 AM
Hi everyone, have a nice Monday!

I didn't translate it myself, I simply found it on the site I linked which is this:

http://xjapanfansforum.informe.com/x-no-sei-to-shi-uchuu-o-kakeru-tomo-e-dt244.html

Thought it was nice to add the prologue which I couldn't find in the translation of the book...
...and... yes... it's touching... :P

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 08:34:23 AM
I don't know if it is the same translation but it sure is the same book:P

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 08:46:43 AM
I don't know if it is the same translation but it sure is the same book:P

Well, I appreciate helenmoon translating from the other site because this is what I get from the one you posted.

Teemeah

Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:23 PM
Change your browser. It works for me from chrome. :) and she didn't translate it, she posted the translation (she already said that above) :D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Change your browser. It works for me from chrome. :) and she didn't translate it, she posted the translation (she already said that above) :D

I use Chrome.  That "translation" was done by Chrome.