• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour 2016 - X Day

toshlshades · 14858

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: July 05, 2015, 03:04:52 PM
Hi everyone I thought I would create a topic for the X Day which is happening at Wembley arena in London on the 12th of March 2016.
From information given at Metalhammer and Yoshiki at japan expo it appears that there will be a screening of their film documentary at around 6pm with a concert following afterwards at 8.30pm. Tickets are available here -http://www.axs.com/uk/events/280114/x-japan-world-tour-2016-tickets
  Toshl and Yoshiki will also be performing at Hyper Japan on the 11th of July at the O2 in the afternoon for around an hour. X Japan will also have a stall set up showcasing Yoshiki's crystal piano and selling merchandise.

*tickets in B3 that i had are sold now, some people are selling okay tickets at stubhub now and ebay i think?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:24:47 PM by toshlshades »

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:18 PM
The ticket prices are surprisingly reasonable! Any german fans here who think about going?

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:50:02 PM
I'll probably go to the show in Wembley :) But I'm a bit concerned, it's a HUGE stadium, will a japanese band be able to fill all that space?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
I'll probably go to the show in Wembley :) But I'm a bit concerned, it's a HUGE stadium, will a japanese band be able to fill all that space?

Its going to be at Wembley Arena, which is different than the Stadium. The Arena is significantly smaller and holds about 10,000-12,000. If they block of sections they can do about 5,000

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 10:19:37 PM

I think they'll be able to fill it no problem tbh. It's 8 months away so with proper promotion they should build up enough hype, since it's both a concert with unreleased material and a never before-done documentary. The fact that it's in London will make it easier to fill because X has a lot of fans scattered throughout Europe that can take day trips to London. For example it takes less time to travel from Paris to London (2.5 hours using the Eurostar) than it does LA to New York, so, the band has the connected-ness of Europe going for them. They're obviously big enough in Asia to have lots of Eastward-located fans travel to London for XDay, too.

Idk I'm just not concerned. Especially since the prices are good and there's been plenty of notice, this is the first new album in 20 years, first documentary ever, it's a 2-for-1 with the show and the film... etc. There's a lot you'd have to be willing to miss because all of this will never happened again in X's history. It's a one time only type deal and I know if fans haven't woken up to that yet they will by time the event rolls around.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 06:47:51 AM
Yeah I am also positive that the show will be well filled! ;)

I already got my ticket! :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 05:42:47 PM
It'll be fine, worse case scenario they can cover the upper bowl. Its about the same size as Madison Square Garden, if not a little smaller

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:05 PM
I think it's the arena and not the stadium which are different venues, the capacity for the arena is smaller at 12,500 whereas the stadium is huge at 90,000. I mean it's still a lot of tickets to sell but i'm hopeful they will sell out as it's the film premier too and the last europe date for X japan (excluding yoshiki classical) was 5 years ago.

Offline Yarisha

• Music is the language of Peace ~
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
I guess it will be fine and there will be audience more than you think .. cause Yoshiki is doing the Europe tour actively, also the tickets to hyper Japan event was all sold so in comparison having 8 months with good publicity .. there will be good audience ..
Wish I could be there.. hope you enjoy the X day  ;)

ENDLESS RAIN, LET ME STAY EVER MORE IN YOUR HEART
LET MY HEART TAKE IN YOUR TEARS, TAKE IN YOUR MEMORIES

X Japan <3

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 12:01:31 AM
Did anybody go to the Hyper Japan event this weekend? It was amazing and songs performed included excerpts of Forever love, Kurenai, Kiss the sky, Art of life, I.V and endless rain. The 'high five' event was interesting in that Toshl and Yoshiki seemed to be open for anything including selfies and autographs however security would have none of it and were physically dragging people away even though they were in no danger of running late for time given the hour slot. It did result in a funny picture though being grabbed by security  ;)

If anybody would like any info from the event like merch sold or anything please ask away ^^

As I was able to secure seats in A2 I now have tickets to sell in B3 which are front row centre in the B block so please feel free to send a message if you are after the tickets.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
Lame security. ToshI looks amused, Yoshiki looks worried for you, haha.

So I heard a rumor that at Hyper Japan Yoshiki said there would be 19 tracks on the album.... but I don't think that's right because the teaser of the cd Yoshiki posted a while ago shows 12 tracks. Can you confirm or deny that Yoshiki mentioned anything about the number of songs that will be on the album?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:18 AM
I think i prefer the picture to if it had turned out right xD it's funnier this way haha

Yeah I heard Yoshiki say it was 90% complete (again) which is where somebody may have mistaken it for 19? Some videos are around youtube at the moment so maybe you can find it there~ He did say that he was confident that it was a great album and that it would be 'edgy' . Toshl said that it would rock. I don't know how much of what they say is promotional and if they actually like the new album but they seemed to give off the impression that they were confident it would be good if that makes any sense?

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 12:36:54 AM
Yeah I heard Yoshiki say it was 90% complete (again) which is where somebody may have mistaken it for 19?

Thanks, I did see a video where he said that and I'm assuming that's where the person was mistaken.

He did say that he was confident that it was a great album and that it would be 'edgy' . Toshl said that it would rock. I don't know how much of what they say is promotional and if they actually like the new album but they seemed to give off the impression that they were confident it would be good if that makes any sense?

I have no doubt that the album's going to be amazing. I believe they're genuinely confident in this album, otherwise it wouldn't have a release date. The reason it's taken so long is because Yoshiki wanted to make a truly memorable album. He's not the type to say, 'well it's been this long already... might as well just release what we have and say it'll be great.' If they're telling us it's going to be good, it's going to be good  ;)

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:04 AM
You're welcome~ some people around me thought he said 19 but as he said about percentages and that it was nearly complete i'm certain it wasn't about there being 19 tracks. I think he might have mumbled '90' a bit.

I'm really looking forward to the new album. I know it's been in progress for years now so i'm sure it must be good to now have a release date. They were recording the audience signing the chorus to kiss the sky to put on the album so i'm guessing that is pretty much the final bit to be done on there. Toshl's voice was really on point in the concert so I can't wait to hear the new album and see them in March.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 02:37:33 AM
19 would be too much and would pretty much mean it wouldn't have any "epics" on it unless it was a double album. In fact, most songs would have to be like 2 minutes. Considering Jade, BRBF, IV, and Beneath The Skin are around 6 minutes and Kiss The Sky should be around 9, I doubt that's possible!

12 tracks will be a great length!

Thanks, toshishades! What parts of Kiss the Sky did they do? The same as the last gig?

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 05:21:39 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfK3vZj9U4 Same

Did anyone try to catch the lyric??
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:26:54 AM by denx »

Ex denxdenx

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 06:23:22 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfK3vZj9U4 Same

Did anyone try to catch the lyric??

From this and other vids:

We'll kiss the sky
We'll be fighting 'til dreams come to life
til your tears dry
wow, wow, wow, etc

So, Love, don't say goodbye
Don't you surrender
I'll be your light
I'll be your ----------

ToshI forgot the line so I don't know, haha, and I haven't been able to figure it out from the Lunatic Fest recordings either unfortunately

Offline kederiku

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 07:51:13 AM
Someone saw the "xjapanfilm teaser" that was to be show at hyper japan yesterday ?

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 09:02:38 AM
I'm afraid i didn't catch the lyrics Toshl sang as the 'wo wo wo' chorus was done so many times xD Kiss the sky did sound like a great song, I wonder if it'll be like a new endless rain or I.V in concert were the crowd sings for a while? Yoshiki seemed to be impressed with the fans singing it~

Yeah the preview was shown at the X Japan booth, they played it all day after Toshl and Yoshiki left. I would have filmed it but felt that they would release it soon anyway. It seemed that Toshl and Yoshiki hadn't really seen it before as instead of looking at fans' reactions they were watching it intently themselves and talking to eachother. The film is definitely a documentary of their career and shows backstage footage and behind the scenes of them recording. There was also a part shown where they talk about hide and whether reforming the band would be acceptable etc.

Offline kederiku

• View Profile

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 10:44:07 AM
I got my ticket too! Meetup? 8)

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 11:02:51 AM
I think a meet up would be great~ I was wondering if people would want to meet up the day before the gig and get food etc/ listen to the new album  ;D Also I might be going to the hyper japan in winter to test run my group X japan cosplays 

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 07:30:18 PM
We certainly should do an X Freaks Forums Meet-up! ^_^

@Millie Woaaah you're still around! :D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:10 PM
There will be a lot of meet-ups! ^.~
Most people haven't met for a long time. Already more than 4 years have passed since the last World Tour concerts.

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 04:56:12 PM
VIP added now too? i've already spent so much on X japan in the last couple of months ;3;

http://xjapanmusic.us3.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=19be4b9a71e28e8230d75cbd0&id=26650819ac

seems worth it for people travelling from abroad who want VIP bundles

Does anyone who went to hyper japan know what's happening with our guest list email meet and greets? I messaged livenation to check if it's the same as the VIP meet with Yoshiki to avoid paying twice for the same thing. I'll update anybody once i have an answer from them.

I have also asked as to when VIP goes on sale

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 07:25:16 PM
I've been thinking about going but my usual concert buddy (my dad, I have a good influence on his music taste :p ) doesn't have the money to go... I could go alone but that's scaaaary...

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 08:17:56 PM
I've been thinking about going but my usual concert buddy (my dad, I have a good influence on his music taste :p ) doesn't have the money to go... I could go alone but that's scaaaary...

Why is it scary? I can already tell you will regret not going! I went to the Berlin concert alone, I went to the Hong Kong concert alone. I flew to the cancelled Paris concert alone. Most of the X fans are very friendly. Nothing to scare about. :-)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 09:07:23 PM

Just go alone! Magucathy's right, you'll regret not going. I, too, have gone alone, to both the Seattle show for X Japan and Yoshiki's classical show in San Francisco! One was a 30min drive... the other a 2 hour flight, haha! I was nervous each time but the closer you get to show time the more that nervousness becomes good ol' nervous excitement.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:17:05 PM by returner »

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:24 PM
I went to the first London X concert alone when I was 16 and it was the best time of my life xD I remember bunking school and my head teacher being on the same train carriage opposite me trying to work out if to tell me off or not :'D I would definitely recommend going, if you see me up there (I'll be cosplaying as 1993 Toshl) feel free to say hi ^^

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 01:33:28 AM
I know that two of my friends are planning to go (one's from northern Scotland & the other is over in London), but not me unfortunately.