• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

NEW ALBUM!!! March 11th + XDAY March 12th

AsukaMiyu · 25855

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 12:29:07 AM
:( I was hoping for some unheard songs.

Those are just guesses. Angel is practically unheard still. KTS is unheard and Scarlet Love Song very well might not happen. The 3 other interludes are probably originals too, and I'm really eager to hear an official recording of Beneath the Skin.

I just can't imagine all the other songs besides SLS not being on the album, is all. And I actually really love Scarlet Love Song so it would be fine with me.. But we'll see.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:37:52 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 05, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
Scarlet Love Song seems like something they regret doing. It was used on the movie, released on iTunes as "film mix". So no "final version" was ever released, it was never played live... So weird.

My 10 cents the "unheard stuff" and/or "interludes" would be something awful like Wriggle.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 05, 2016, 02:00:17 AM
Scarlet Love Song seems like something they regret doing. It was used on the movie, released on iTunes as "film mix". So no "final version" was ever released, it was never played live... So weird.

It's a beautiful song, I don't think they regret it. But it is very strange that it's never been performed live. Has that ever happened to an X single before? I can't think of any other reason than time constraints with the US tour in 2010 and the world tour in 2011 maybe killing rehearsal space for it? Or maybe there wasn't room to fit it into the show because it would have to translate to a piano/vocal duet between Yoshiki and Toshi, and Without You already filled that slot as a post-reunion duet... because I'm listening to it again now and... yeah, this song is gorgeous. They can't possibly think it's a throwaway.

My 10 cents the "unheard stuff" and/or "interludes" would be something awful like Wriggle.

Lol, no way. Yoshiki talked about making interludes for the Violet UK album way before X reunited so I know he considers them just as important and expressive as full songs. I don't think we'll be disappointed by them.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 05, 2016, 04:29:06 AM
Not a fan of an album being self-titled but oh well. Minor gripe. I wonder if there will be any japan only bonus tracks or anything.

I worry Without You will be released only as an instrumental.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:06 AM
SLS performed at AGE and toshi featuring yoshiki concert, both only short version.. yes wondering why they didnt perform at big concert. possibly due to tosshi cant hit the high note? as he struggling hit the hogh note in HERO

Ex denxdenx

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #65 on: January 05, 2016, 08:25:39 PM
Maybe SLS hasn't been performed at bigger concerts due to some copyright issues?

This is my administrator color.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: January 07, 2016, 01:45:54 AM
SLS performed at AGE and toshi featuring yoshiki concert, both only short version.. yes wondering why they didnt perform at big concert. possibly due to tosshi cant hit the high note? as he struggling hit the hogh note in HERO

Could be. Though I don't think Kurenai gets higher than SLS, does it? Because he hits those high notes great. I know he throws it to the audience now and then but it's a much more aggressive song so wouldn't that be more demanding? Hero's high note is...so, so high, lol. Even Katie from VUK has to shout it.

Maybe SLS hasn't been performed at bigger concerts due to some copyright issues?

I can't imagine a living legend like Yoshiki not getting performance rights to any song he composes for a Japanese movie recorded with his own band. I mean you might be on to something since I can't come up with anything better, but it'd be pretty strange too, when I think about it.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #67 on: January 08, 2016, 05:58:57 PM

I can't imagine a living legend like Yoshiki not getting performance rights to any song he composes for a Japanese movie recorded with his own band. I mean you might be on to something since I can't come up with anything better, but it'd be pretty strange too, when I think about it.
It would be weird, since he has the rights to I.V., which was also written for a movie soundtrack, and not a small, unknown movie as well. But the only other option I can think of would be that Yoshiki himself doesn't like SLS...

This is my administrator color.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: January 09, 2016, 01:02:04 AM
It would be weird, since he has the rights to I.V., which was also written for a movie soundtrack, and not a small, unknown movie as well. But the only other option I can think of would be that Yoshiki himself doesn't like SLS...

If it's true that breaks my heart tbh, haha. I would still prefer a new song over it on the album though, so maybe it's a good thing that X doesn't seem particularly attached.

Offline man of wheel

• View Profile
Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 06:30:46 PM
I guess I would be considered a Newbie X FAN I my info and interests have fueled by vids seen on youtube. But if I'm working around the House, X concerts are being played loud.  I read some pretty negative stuff from fans pissed off about what Yoshiki says and does or is what is what he doest do.  First off,  I think he is a genius.  but really-to create all what they, X created. takes a extreme amount of work and effort.  I also feel Yoshiki is an optimist and wants to give us fans what we want. But then the real world and real life kick in, even the best made plans meet up with the Kaos theory.  I can hope that X Japan, might come back to the USA. But I also know if they do ever return. Its going to be a very long drive for me. LOL 

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 01:25:06 PM
I'm willing to put money down that this album will not come out on March 11th, 2016, if at all.

You should have done that. ;)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:40 PM
Lolll

We are getting a GNR reunion before this

Let that sink in