Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 04:33:41 AM
Anyone know about the announcement??

Ex denxdenx

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:25 AM
Okay, so who else got their tickets for XDAY??? :D

I don't live in Europe so even though it's 8 months from now that's still out of my price range. Hopefully they'll have a contest

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Conscript

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 11:27:54 AM
Okay, so who else got their tickets for XDAY??? :D

Yes! But it was a horrible ticket system. Took half an hour to find an acceptable seat..

sigsig・∀・

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 09:02:50 PM
Foruntately a friend go me a ticket as I was traveling... But I saw everyone complaining about the ticket system. What the hell really...! :/

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 08:09:58 PM
I'm bored so I've just been speculating on the album

The pic Yoshiki posted of the master disc in February had 12 tracks. Since it was masters, I'm assuming the finalized tracklist is 12 songs (awesome!).

The first track seems to be "The Last Song". I'd bet this is a short, reworked version similar to what opened their 2008 concerts. It could also be instrumental. It'd make sense that this or "Miracle" would open the album and since that was on Yoshiki's solo record, a short piano opening with "The Last Song" could be kind of poetic since it was originally supposed to end their career.

Then we have "Jade", of course, this has become the "Rusty Nail" of the album. A fan favorite and high energy track that does well as an opener. I would bet we will also see "IV" (I would hope it would have been reworked/rerecorded, there were rumors of a new recording in 2010), "Born to Be Free", "Hero", and "Beneath the Skin". So far that's 6 songs.

We will also see "Kiss the Sky" on the new album, the mysterious song that's popped up the past week. It seems only a section of it was played live last week, and its rumored that it was played to get an audience recording for the record. In Yoshiki's announcement video there are also 2 new intriguing snippets of new material. One is the slower, electric guitars and the other is the heavy metal riffing similar to their older work (fuck yeah!). At the beginning of one of the videos it says "Kiss the Sky", meaning all of these sections could be a part of the same song. Its very possible that "Kiss the Sky" a longer song with multiple parts like "Rose of Pain" or even "Art of Life". Yoshiki also said he was writing a follow up to "Art of Life" a few years ago, could this be it?

Then we have the other two post-reunion songs- "Without You" and "Scarlet Love Song". These are sort of wild cards, in my opinion. "Without You" has been around in some form since what? 2007? Its been played live, and a great live recording has been officially released as a part of "The World" greatest hits that released last year. The song is also primarily in Japanese and is a very personal song for Toshi and Yoshiki. Although its a great song, I feel as though the live release suffices for it and don't think it will be included on the album. Anything is possible, though. I'd be a lot more surprised to see "Scarlet Love Song" on the album. Its a good tune, but its another almost entirely Japanese track. Not to mention Japan already got an official release of it a few years ago.

So right now I'm guessing something like this-

1. The Last Song
2. Jade
3. Beneath The Skin
4. Hero
5. IV
6. Born To Be Free
7. Kiss The Sky

There's still about 3- 5 slots to fill, depending on if "Without You" and "Scarlet Love Song" are on the record. I also know they recorded English versions of at least "Tears", "Kurenai/Deep Red", and "Rusty Nail". It really seems the half new/half old idea for the album has thankfully been abandoned, though. Maybe the English versions will be released as bonus songs, digitally, or on a bonus disc but I don't think anyone really cares at this point. I don't see them taking up one of the 12 track spots on the actual album.

Yes, the delays have been asinine. Yes, I know this can all be canceled at a moments notice. But I really have a good feeling about everything. Yoshiki's health, Sugizo's commitments, and the decision to write and record only post 2007 material for the album can explain the delays. It doesn't excuse the lack of communication, but I'd much rather have the extra 4ish years of waiting for all new material than a half/half album. I'm finally feeling optimistic about the band. And even if it only sells like 1,000 copies in the USA, I'm sure it'll do well in Japan, regardless if its primarily in English.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 01:42:10 AM
If the tracklist is set already than The Last Song is for sure the opener. It might actually be the version Yoshiki performed at The Grammy Museum with Katie as VUK. It was half instrumental followed by English lyrics. I don't think Miracle will be on the album, since The Last Song is like the song to signify X's "comma," to use Yoshiki's term.

I really don't think Tears or Rusty Nail, etc.... Any of the older rerecorded songs will make the album. Yoshiki said they will be all new songs at Japan Expo so that's a confirmation. However, it would be super fucking awesome if there was a special CD release with both the new songs and a few of the redone English versions.. I would go crazy. It would be such a treat.

But as the new album itself I do prefer what they're doing now, making all new songs.

It'll sell more than 1000 copies in the US... They just need good promotion. We can help with that, if we get songs and music videos to talk about lol. But I think a lot of people are starved for rock. It's been a long time since rock had a heyday and I know tons of people would eat up X Japan like candy so, you know, word of mouth

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 02:56:48 AM
http://natalie.mu/music/news/152911

Go to Google Translator, pop this link in, obviously select Japanese -> English, and you can sort of make sense of the muddy translation. Basically Yoshiki said he knows that most songs these days (on the radio at least) are 3-4 minutes long; so he "took a dare" and made Kiss the Sky 9 minutes long. The clip in the latest promo for Wembley sounds pretty good, despite the drum fills being very transparent to Art of Life (near the end) at times, but it's growing on me big time.

The major interesting piece from that URL is the part that talks about his wrist: "hand ligament is off about half, have been recommend transplant surgery. Since the recuperation period after surgery it is said to be 3, 4 months, release and tour of the album from the end all, we are talking with the doctor to try the surgery in about 2017 of the head."

From what I make of this he's saying that they're looking at 2017 to do his wrist surgery which seems to be AFTER "release and tour of the album" so this hopefully is a hint at what has been pissing me off - MORE TOUR DATES? I hope Yoshiki proves me wrong...because right now it's as though he's cherry picking these epic venues to play at (MSG, Wembley) in different countries to check off his "bucket list" so to speak. Aside from new music, the next best thing a band can do is play shows; lots of shows. Hopefully more is announced soon.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:59 AM
Wow, an album and all new material and a 9 minute song. Sounds great to me.

I would bet on an actual tour. Maybe 10-15 American dates, 5 or so in Europe, and 5 or so in Asia. Throw in a couple of Tokyo Dome gigs at the end and it is a very reasonable schedule for them in 2016.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:40 AM
Wow, an album and all new material and a 9 minute song. Sounds great to me.

I would bet on an actual tour. Maybe 10-15 American dates, 5 or so in Europe, and 5 or so in Asia. Throw in a couple of Tokyo Dome gigs at the end and it is a very reasonable schedule for them in 2016.

I don't think they'll be doing 10-15 shows in the US tbh.  One of the security guards at MSG said they'd be coming back so I have a feeling they might just do the east and west coast in the states. Unless you meant American as in North, central, and south America? Because for sure they'll stop by Canada and Mexico and what not... So I can see maybe close to 10 shows that way.

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 11, 2015, 04:41:39 PM
For those who are having lots of time on hand and wanna catch their old concert can log in to niconico there is a
consecutive 30 hours X Japan concert (24 hours to go) but its better to get premium membership..

Its now showing the 2nd concert of 1993 X Japan Returns ..

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv226519535?cc_referrer=ustop
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 04:43:49 PM by holly.x »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 08:38:33 AM
Any news about hyper japan??

Ex denxdenx

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 08:51:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUJ3E36oYs0 They did sing aol. Still looking for the part that got kiss the sky

Ex denxdenx

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 06:26:34 PM
I know I'm venting in the most vulgar and non-sensical way but holy fuck I feel so wronged by Yoshiki as a fan of almost 10 years...like this is some cruel type of treatment. It's actually fucked up the way he HYPES and promises things that NEVER see the fucking light of day and are postponed and delayed for YEARS. 2000 and fucking 8 is when these guys reformed properly and what do we really have since then? Some tours and a couple of finished/half finished songs. The promises are what bring me down so much.
The band took a hiatus without telling the public after Taiji's death, Yoshiki said so at the 2014 Otakon show.  I think he should have been way more responsible; if the band's taking a break, let the fans know instead of having everyone wonder what's going on.  Nonetheless, that explains a lot of the inactivity for a good few years.  As of from 2008-2011, I really can't explain because I didn't know about them then.
But you do make a fair point.  I didn't see it the way you did, but now that you say it . . . then again, we're talking about a guy who expects to be famous by tagging his name on every little thing he can think of; wine, jewelry, Hello Kitty, and meanwhile Violet UK still isn't complete, Yoshiki "Classical" is hardly even neo-classical to begin with, he keeps worrying about little things and wonders why he isn't famous in the West when everyone in the Far East bows at his feet and remembers the exact shade of black his clothes were.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 08:57:21 PM
The band took a hiatus without telling the public after Taiji's death, Yoshiki said so at the 2014 Otakon show.  I think he should have been way more responsible; if the band's taking a break, let the fans know instead of having everyone wonder what's going on.  Nonetheless, that explains a lot of the inactivity for a good few years.  As of from 2008-2011, I really can't explain because I didn't know about them then.
I remember Yoshiki saying that about Taiji... it's unfortunate that we had no idea what was going on but maybe they just weren't comfortable making a statement tying death to inactivity. Tabloids in Japan are crazy, like everywhere... it might have been bad for their reunification tbh. I don't know what kind of rumors might have abounded.

2008 to 2011... the band kind of got together in a whirlwind. They didn't even know until after the reunion concert whether they were just going to do that concert as a proper closing to their earlier disbandment or actually start again as a reformed band. ToshI was dealing with his cult issues and bankruptcy,  the band's management swindled them out of tour money, hide's brother sued Yoshiki for the hide hologram used at the reunion concert, etc. The band has had so, so much internal stresses. Then there was Yoshiki's neck surgery in 2009 which took a month of physical therapy... who knows how long it actually took to heal. Yoshiki also said ToshI had surgery on his voice. I'm pretty sure that happened in that time frame, since the difference between his singing quality between 2008 and 2010 is remarkably improved. Voice surgery always requires non-use of the voice, usually for months. Obviously that would have stopped the band in their tracks.

But you do make a fair point.  I didn't see it the way you did, but now that you say it . . . then again, we're talking about a guy who expects to be famous by tagging his name on every little thing he can think of; wine, jewelry, Hello Kitty, and meanwhile Violet UK still isn't complete, Yoshiki "Classical" is hardly even neo-classical to begin with, he keeps worrying about little things and wonders why he isn't famous in the West when everyone in the Far East bows at his feet and remembers the exact shade of black his clothes were.

I don't think Yoshiki expects to be famous through his involvement with these labels. I think he knows that they're good investments and surely that they'll give his name some notoriety, but only in the sense that it confirms he's a "big deal." Not just anyone can put their name on a jewelry line and he obviously knows that so it's a good move when trying to break into another country. Not to mention.... his idols for such a long time since he was a child was KISS. I can't be the only one who sees the similarity between him and Gene hopping on material branding. Yoshiki has been this way since the 90s, too. He had a perfume, X Japan condoms, Yoshiki Starlight Dolls, even a women's lingerie line, haha... like, come on. He's been doing this forever starting with Japan at the height of his fame over there so there's something else to it than fame, which he already had.

I don't see why it matters that his classical music is neo-classical? It's still classical music. I went to his show in San Fransisco and it was amazing.

And he wants to break into the west because... well... he wants to take over the world, right? That's my understanding of it. Maybe he's not seeking fame so much as personal achievement? Like, 'I've already concurred my home, I need to set my sights on the bigger picture." Did you know it takes less than 2 days to drive across all of Japan? DRIVE! I can't imagine touring something that small over and over and over for 10 years and being satisfied with having no way to get bigger when you KNOW the world is out there, that you can go anywhere, see everything, introduce your music to so many people. Plus it's been Yoshiki's dream to break into the US market since forever. If anything we should be admiring his drive to keep going after 15 years of it not happening. And ToshI and Pata and Heath, they're so awesome for sticking with him and agreeing that they'll tag along too, that they're willing to try even after a disbandment and the death of hide and their failed venture over a decade ago.

Like come on this is an awesome band trying to achieve an awesome thing! There's literally nothing bad about X Japan trying to break down boundaries that haven't been demolished before. Asian entertainers, Asian people in general, the rock genre, the Japanese rock genre, people who have experienced hardships in their lives can all benefit from the success of X Japan over here. That's a lot of good coming from a handful of people trying to make it where they're not bowed down to  ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:47:09 PM by returner »

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 03:06:39 AM
I understand it's his dream and I have 0 problem with that.  BUT if it's truly his priority he should probably put more focus on his bigger projects . . . even with all the setbacks, he's had Violet UK on the shelf for how long now?  And I'm not saying his neoclassical stuff is bad, it's just not necessarily "classical" in the proper sense of the word.  His "classical" concert at Otakon was mostly him playing X Japan and songs written by him for movies.
And I will say "touche" to the marketing thing.  I knew about the dolls, but not about the perfume, condoms, and lingerie.

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 07:22:46 AM
To return to the original question in the top post of this thread:
I'm going!
I'm so looking forward to meet old and new friends. It's been a long time since 2011! I hope we all will have a great album, an awesome concert and film premiere and a great time in general!! See you there!!! ^.~

Offline toshlshades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing everybody in march, me and my friends are all going in full X cosplay so we have until march to work out how on earth to do the wigs xD I'm curious what seats everyone managed to get for it?

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #48 on: July 29, 2015, 03:34:16 AM
I just hope it is true this time around. And I also hope that they will announce a World Tour. I don't lose hope yet even though there are times I am fed up with all the delays..

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:27 AM
I just hope it is true this time around. And I also hope that they will announce a World Tour.

They'll definitely release it this time, since this is the first time the album's been given a date. Now that you mention it though, I wonder if the world tour will be announced at Wembley? XDAY seems like the perfect time to do it

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #50 on: July 29, 2015, 07:51:41 AM
Well in an interview Yoshiki said that he "hopes to" announce world tour dates "maybe" at Wembley at least!

(Unfortuantely some websites skipped the "hope to" and "maybe" part... Which already led people to believe that there will be more anyway and they won't got to wembley cause of that. o_O Gotta love it when people spread wishful thinking as a fact....)

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 02:51:06 PM
Yes you're right, Asuka!
He just said that they probably will announce more concerts there. And that doesn't necessarily mean more European concerts in the near future.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 14, 2015, 02:16:44 AM
I just bought two tickets :-) Now I have to convince one of my friends to go with me.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #53 on: November 24, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
How good tickets can you get right now anyway? I remember the really best seats were sold out in days, if not in hours.

This is my administrator color.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 24, 2015, 05:10:55 PM
Somewhere in the middle of the arena. I got my tickets about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't nearly sold out.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #55 on: November 25, 2015, 05:46:08 AM
I think the tickets you can get now are still good enough. o_o
Nevermind that, when you compare it to Tokyo Dome, EVERY seat is suddenly super close to the stage! LOL

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 07:14:02 AM
Okaaaaay guys, we got some more news about the new album!

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=6589

After X Japan’s appearance at Kouhaku Utagassen yesterday, Yoshiki had a special broadcast on his Nico Nico channel, where he also talked about their upcoming album.

The album will be simply self-titled ‘X JAPAN’ and will contain 12 songs. 8 of these will be main songs, while the remaining 4 will be a kind of interlude. A while ago Yoshiki has already mentioned that all of the songs will be new post-reunion material and 90% of the lyrics will be in English.

Well....4 song being interludes (well one probably a opening song...) sounds  like....a lot. But well, maybe those are actually nice songs as well, let's see haha :D

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 09:13:20 AM
Okaaaaay guys, we got some more news about the new album!

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=6589

After X Japan’s appearance at Kouhaku Utagassen yesterday, Yoshiki had a special broadcast on his Nico Nico channel, where he also talked about their upcoming album.

The album will be simply self-titled ‘X JAPAN’ and will contain 12 songs. 8 of these will be main songs, while the remaining 4 will be a kind of interlude. A while ago Yoshiki has already mentioned that all of the songs will be new post-reunion material and 90% of the lyrics will be in English.

Well....4 song being interludes (well one probably a opening song...) sounds  like....a lot. But well, maybe those are actually nice songs as well, let's see haha :D

I have no doubt they'll be nice songs... But I was really hoping for full length ones (obviously, greedy fan here).  Doesn't this mean we basically know the content of the album?

In no specific order:

1. IV
2. Jade
3. BTBF
4. Beneath The Skin
5. Hero
6. Angel
7. Kiss the Sky
8. Maybe unheard, maybe Scarlet Love Song.

And then we know The Last Song will be the album opener so I think that might be one of the 4 interludes.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
 :( I was hoping for some unheard songs.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #59 on: January 02, 2016, 09:26:41 PM
Oh I'm sure there will be some unheard stuff on it! :)