• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Can anyone read Japanese?

returner · 3722

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: May 29, 2015, 04:51:02 AM
Yoshiki made some curious tweets in Japanese today. There are a lot of people interested in what they say, myself included. Anyone able/willing to help out and translate?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:58:19 AM
Was that you on Tumblr asking about it? I saw a post very similar to this a moment ago. (Following translations aren't mine, but are from a user named Bunnychuu45) Wall o' text, ahoy!

‘Daruma-san ga koronda’ (The Daruma doll fell down) is a Japanese game similar to ‘red light, green light’.  I’m guessing he’s using this reference because he’s relating X to the Daruma doll and X not ‘falling down’.

Yoshiki ‏@YoshikiOfficial

だるまさんが転ばない

The Daruma doll won’t fall down.

此のままだと出演ができなくなる!だるまさんが転ばねー

If the way I am now continues, I won’t be able to perform!  Daruma doll don’t fall down!

だるまさんが転ばないと辞退を考えなくてはいきない。。

So that the Daruma doll doesn’t fall down, if I decline the invitation, I can’t live.. (to Lunatic Fest probably?)

だるまさんが転ばないなら俺は脱退する

If it’s so that the Daruma doll doesn’t fall down, I will withdraw.

今更だるまさんが転んでももう解散だ。。

Even if the Daruma doll falls now after so long, we’ve already disbanded once before..

Yoshiki retweeted

青空 sora ‏@mamatunokajitu

@YoshikiOfficial ふざけるな!フェスなんて断れば良い!手首の温存が第一です! xは、死んだメンバーも含めて7人のメンバーだとあなたは言いました。 そこから、あなたが脱退だの解散だの言いだすのは、横浜アリーナや、MSGで、これからもよろしく、と言ったのが嘘になる!

@YoshikiOfficial Don’t mess around (this person used a really strong word ‘fuzakeruna’, it’s really strong to use in Japanese.  Sometimes it can me like ‘don’t fuck around’ depending on how it’s said)!  It’s better you just decline the festival!  Conserving your wrist is the most important thing!  “X is 7 people including our members who passed away” is something you said.  And now you’re saying things like ‘withdraw’ and ‘disband’, the things you said at the Yokohama Arena and MSG “thank you for your continued support” will just become lies!

(in the comments, the person apologized and said that they didn’t mean to sound so strong.  They apologized many times and said that they only have Yoshiki’s best interests at heart and apologized to Yoshiki, his staff and fans)

契約、靭帯切断、イベント、アルバム、世界ツアー、、、 手術、映画公開、  #WeAreX

Contract, torn ligaments, events, album, world tour… surgery, movie opening, #WeAreX

俺が抜けてもXjapanは続く。

Even if I’m not there, Xjapan will continue.

#GoodMorning! 作曲しながら寝ちゃったみたい!でも寝ぼけてツィターやってた(笑).短調から長調への変換のメロディーが気に入らなくて、へんなツィートになっちゃた(笑)Sorry! I’m ok!

#GoodMorning!  It seems like I fell asleep while composing a song!  But while I was half asleep, I was tweeting (laugh).  I wasn’t liking the conversion of the minor key to major key and starting writing strange tweets (laugh)  Sorry!  I’m ok!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:39 AM
In response to what Yoshiki's been tweeting, during and after I had read this on Tumblr, my stomach began to churn a bit. I don't know if it's uneasiness or something, but I can't shake this feeling off. I think it feels off because what he's writing isn't clicking for me. Maybe it's because for the first time in a long time that (from what I'm interpreting) he's expressing a lot uncertainty about keeping up with the band & a little bit of doubt in regards to his playing as of late.

I don't know anymore, but don't mind my rambling much.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:55:10 PM
Meanwhile...

WTF....

X-Japan truly have the best and most dedicated fans in the world... I can't see any other band, regardless of how 'big' they were survive this kind of drama. Just stop a moment and think about all this and realize how it makes no sense.. and yet, we're still around, hoping for something good to come out of it.

We're 7 years in the 'post reband' years and we've got a few singles, a world tour that was somewhat a success. The MSG concert which, aside from the rather sad attendance, was historical in all senses and yet... Promises of a new album that, if it does see the light of day, will be a rehash of already known songs so, very little credit there and constant involvement in commercial ventures that are purely meant to generate $$$ to an already incredibly rich person who, besides says 'ThanXs' on twitter every week, hasn't given back much in the form of actual music, yet seems to have plenty of time for all those other lucrative things. The whole health condition is certainly worrying, but Yoshiki is so much more than a simple drummer, he's a composer above all, a great pianist and a business man. We know his health is not the reason for all these delays or lack of activity..

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 07:55:21 PM
Was that you on Tumblr asking about it? I saw a post very similar to this a moment ago. (Following translations aren't mine, but are from a user named Bunnychuu45) Wall o' text, ahoy!

Nope, wasn't me. Told ya lots of people were interested! Thanks for sharing those translations... hm... since that Daruma game is like "Red Light, Green Light," maybe Yoshiki's tired of the stop and go problems the band has been having? He probably just wants to run forward, so he doesn't want to withdraw from the festival maybe? It makes me worried. If he can't do a set at a festival which will be shorter than an X concert than how can he tour?

Meanwhile...

WTF....

X-Japan truly have the best and most dedicated fans in the world... I can't see any other band, regardless of how 'big' they were survive this kind of drama. Just stop a moment and think about all this and realize how it makes no sense.. and yet, we're still around, hoping for something good to come out of it.

We're 7 years in the 'post reband' years and we've got a few singles, a world tour that was somewhat a success. The MSG concert which, aside from the rather sad attendance, was historical in all senses and yet... Promises of a new album that, if it does see the light of day, will be a rehash of already known songs so, very little credit there and constant involvement in commercial ventures that are purely meant to generate $$$ to an already incredibly rich person who, besides says 'ThanXs' on twitter every week, hasn't given back much in the form of actual music, yet seems to have plenty of time for all those other lucrative things. The whole health condition is certainly worrying, but Yoshiki is so much more than a simple drummer, he's a composer above all, a great pianist and a business man. We know his health is not the reason for all these delays or lack of activity..

Long response but this subject is hard to round up in a few words so

There's a rumor going around that the album will be all new songs along with the new singles they've already released or played. That could explain why everything's taking so long now. I will add that it's incredibly hard to take on the role that Yoshiki has, as pretty much the sole-creator of the majority of X's songs. You can't just write a song because you want to. You can spend 6 hours in front of a keyboard and come up with 2 notes that you like. Take that and multiply the workload by 5 for drums, vocals, 2 guitars and bass, and then even by 6 or 7 to account for backing vocals and backing symphonics that X has used in songs like Jade. PLUS the lyrics, so multiple it by 8. That means it takes 8 times as much work, 8 times as long, to create a song because Yoshiki's taking on that many roles... and that's not even including recording or production, which he also oversees. I think it's fair to cut the guy some slack from the creative side of things.

Also, you're right about his health not being the only reason for the lack of activity. Toshi leaving that cult and financial woes from those blood suckers was obviously a huge problem for the band. It's hard to be committed to the future of a group of people when you have so much drama going on in your own life. Then there was Taiji's death and legal problems with former management not paying the band for the first world tour and even hide's brother, who sued the band for using hide's hologram. It's all shit but shit happens. It all just happened to one band.

And honestly I used to be hung up on all the commercial ventures Yoshiki took, too, but really it IS a good idea. If musical inspiration isn't coming to him or his wrists are in too bad of shape to practice or record, or the other members' schedules aren't lining up for doing what he needs them to do, obviously he needs a way to still promote his image... which will always be tied to X Japan, so it's promo for the band as well. Also, how else is he supposed to make money? You say he's an incredibly rich person, yeah, but for how long? Music only makes you so much money these days- and none when you're not satisfied/able to release anything. So while we might see it as Yoshiki wasting the fans' time and not paying attention to the band, it's actually him taking care of business. His business, sure, but it's necessary. He has a studio to pay for, staff to pay off, recording material to pay for, etc.

And let's not forget that after X reunited they aimed at breaking into the American market. That would explain why he takes on so many ventures with Americans like Stan Lee's comic book and composing the Grammy Theme Song... not only is it exposure to the industry here but it's building connections, which we all know is paramount to making it anywhere. None of it, imo, has been done solely for money. Yoshiki's always been the face of the band and this way no one will be forgetting him. He can come around at any point and say, "X Japan's releasing the album" and still be relevant because his image has been promoted in all these platforms.

Imagine if he HADN'T done any of these commericial ventures but still released the same amount of music? We'd never know what he was doing, where he was, what was going on with the band.

Obviously I would love if the album just came out already but it hasn't. We all have our own lives to pay attention to, too, right? And since they're the ones who make the music we have no choice but to go along with when and how they'll release it. Yeah it sucks as a fan but it must suck even more as a member not being able to do what you want right when you want to do it. It's pretty obvious that all the guys want to tour and release the album this year, even/especially Yoshiki.

I think they're holding the press conference about the tour in Paris in July, if his twitter is anything to go by.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:40:04 AM
Nope, wasn't me. Told ya lots of people were interested! Thanks for sharing those translations... hm... since that Daruma game is like "Red Light, Green Light," maybe Yoshiki's tired of the stop and go problems the band has been having? He probably just wants to run forward, so he doesn't want to withdraw from the festival maybe? It makes me worried. If he can't do a set at a festival which will be shorter than an X concert than how can he tour?

First and foremost, you're welcome. Second off, yeah, I can see what you mean by Yoshiki's tired of the stalling & crap.

There's a rumor going around that the album will be all new songs along with the new singles they've already released or played. That could explain why everything's taking so long now.

Oh man! I can definitely see that as to being the reason. I can't remember if it was confirmed that the album was 70% old stuff or something like that. In any case, I can't take anything that comes out of Yoshiki's mouth serious anymore. I'm getting too preoccupied with his health & the feeling that band is going to part again. Fuck man, I don't know if I could deal with it (even though I could completely understand the reasons behind it). . .

I will add that it's incredibly hard to take on the role that Yoshiki has, as pretty much the sole-creator of the majority of X's songs. You can't just write a song because you want to. You can spend 6 hours in front of a keyboard and come up with 2 notes that you like. Take that and multiply the workload by 5 for drums, vocals, 2 guitars and bass, and then even by 6 or 7 to account for backing vocals and backing symphonics that X has used in songs like Jade. PLUS the lyrics, so multiple it by 8. That means it takes 8 times as much work, 8 times as long, to create a song because Yoshiki's taking on that many roles... and that's not even including recording or production, which he also oversees. I think it's fair to cut the guy some slack from the creative side of things.

You know what? You're right. I forgot that Yoshiki oversees a lot of these things (along with the fact that he's incredibly anal retentive with his craft).

Also, you're right about his health not being the only reason for the lack of activity. Toshi leaving that cult and financial woes from those blood suckers was obviously a huge problem for the band. It's hard to be committed to the future of a group of people when you have so much drama going on in your own life. Then there was Taiji's death and legal problems with former management not paying the band for the first world tour and even hide's brother, who sued the band for using hide's hologram. It's all shit but shit happens. It all just happened to one band.

I think getting SUGIZO on board with X Japan probably took quite awhile too (not as much as getting ToshI away from HoH, but you know).

I think they're holding the press conference about the tour in Paris in July, if his twitter is anything to go by.

June is tomorrow, so it's only another month & some change away. We can only hope that there's a concrete update. Heck, it's not like we're going anywhere, anyways.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 03:30:23 AM

I'm getting too preoccupied with his health & the feeling that band is going to part again. Fuck man, I don't know if I could deal with it (even though I could completely understand the reasons behind it). . .

I really don't think they're going to disband. I think the album's going to be released in a few months and then they're going to tour and then Yoshiki's going to get the surgery. But I do think it will be very, very hard for him. He's going to push himself completely to the limit, I'm sure...

You know what? You're right. I forgot that Yoshiki oversees a lot of these things (along with the fact that he's incredibly anal retentive with his craft).

It's easy to forget, right? Most bands write music together. I know Yoshiki takes the other members' inputs/opinions but you know. Sugizo sounds pretty involved with some songs though. Like Beneath the Skin was apparently written by him and the lyrics were penned by Yoshiki.

I think getting SUGIZO on board with X Japan probably took quite awhile too (not as much as getting ToshI away from HoH, but you know).

For sure, just aligning their schedules with his now must be difficult. He has two bands so he probably does a lot of recording and creative/promotional activities outside of X Japan that needs to be worked around.

June is tomorrow, so it's only another month & some change away. We can only hope that there's a concrete update. Heck, it's not like we're going anywhere, anyways.

Exactly. Like, there's nothing we can do about it anymore. I'm pretty sure the fandom has heaved up all its exasperation by now, haha. There's nothing left to do but kick back and say, "whatever man!" and hope for the best while we're waiting.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:56:22 PM
Long response but this subject is hard to round up in a few words so

Appreciated, there is not much going on around here so it's good to have a discussion. I guess most sane people have given up hehe

There's a rumor going around that the album will be all new songs along with the new singles they've already released or played. That could explain why everything's taking so long now.

Would hope for it to be true but doesn't make sense at all. Yoshiki goes on a Twitter frenzy about clipping is toe nails so trust me, if there was such a dramatic revelation up coming, we would have known for years through a bunch of hyped social media hints...

I will add that it's incredibly hard to take on the role that Yoshiki has, as pretty much the sole-creator of the majority of X's songs. You can't just write a song because you want to. You can spend 6 hours in front of a keyboard and come up with 2 notes that you like. Take that and multiply the workload by 5 for drums, vocals, 2 guitars and bass, and then even by 6 or 7 to account for backing vocals and backing symphonics that X has used in songs like Jade. PLUS the lyrics, so multiple it by 8. That means it takes 8 times as much work, 8 times as long, to create a song because Yoshiki's taking on that many roles... and that's not even including recording or production, which he also oversees. I think it's fair to cut the guy some slack from the creative side of things.

I won't pretend to be an expert song writer but the writing music for a band is not a sequential process like you've illustrated above, especially not for a virtuoso like Yoshiki; some of it flows in parallel. It sure must take him hell of a lot of effort sure, but to think he's alone in that process would be wrong. While others don't get much credit they certainly participate and give their input. All bands usually have a member that is the main contributor. Often lyrics and music can be divided but it is not unusual to see both coming from the same individual. So Yoshiki isn't unique in any ways as opposed to the average professional front man in a rock band. As for the complexity and quality well let's face it, the post reunion stuff is far from the caliber of what we got prior to 2008.

The health issue (if it is as bad as it is being made these days...) would explain drumming limitations and as such touring restrictions. Fair enough. Black Sabbath who are much older, managed to tour with Tony Iommi who has cancer...ho and they recorded a superb album 100% new material. Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson is recovering from a cancer also and can't wait to tour again and will meanwhile use the off time to record in the studio. Meanwhile, Yoshiki has wrist issues, constantly makes a HUGE drama out of it and mostly sits still...

Toshi's true drama (just finished reading the book... unreal!) certainly was a major setback but got resolved 5 years ago.

Taiji's death is a real tragedy but should not have impacted X-Japan's activities whatsoever - he was not an active member.

Shitty money grubbing management issues are real but somewhat perplexing, seeing how Yoshiki himself is a successful businessman... How could he and the overall X-Japan legacy have gotten involved in such a poor management/marketing arrangement is mind numbing.  Those are also behind them now.....

A
nd honestly I used to be hung up on all the commercial ventures Yoshiki took, too, but really it IS a good idea. If musical inspiration isn't coming to him or his wrists are in too bad of shape to practice or record, or the other members' schedules aren't lining up for doing what he needs them to do, obviously he needs a way to still promote his image... which will always be tied to X Japan, so it's promo for the band as well. Also, how else is he supposed to make money? You say he's an incredibly rich person, yeah, but for how long? Music only makes you so much money these days- and none when you're not satisfied/able to release anything. So while we might see it as Yoshiki wasting the fans' time and not paying attention to the band, it's actually him taking care of business. His business, sure, but it's necessary. He has a studio to pay for, staff to pay off, recording material to pay for, etc

It's all about making choices. Yoshiki has been a businessman before being an artist for very long and that's just fine. Him making more money ? Sure why not, good for him, hey, he needs to add his weekly supply of Lamborgini in is LA garage. I am not too worried about his empire unless he's been extremely stupid about his financial decisions - I doubt he has. As the image of X-Japan... well.... it's been the image of Yoshiki mostly since 2008. He's always been the leading figure but it's now almost Yoshiki's band featuring some other dudes... it's sad. It's not as if he was very popular in the rest of the world as opposed to X-Japan and he was using this factor to benefit the band... it's the other way around. He chose to reband X-Japan because as a businessman, he saw a viable financial opportunity in doing so yet, he's chosen to get involved in tons of loosely related ventures that appear to be demanding while leaving his forever loyal fans hang in the balance.

And let's not forget that after X reunited they aimed at breaking into the American market. That would explain why he takes on so many ventures with Americans like Stan Lee's comic book and composing the Grammy Theme Song... not only is it exposure to the industry here but it's building connections, which we all know is paramount to making it anywhere. None of it, imo, has been done solely for money. Yoshiki's always been the face of the band and this way no one will be forgetting him. He can come around at any point and say, "X Japan's releasing the album" and still be relevant because his image has been promoted in all these platforms.

Do you sincerely believe that anyone in the US right now knows about or gives a crap about his Red Dragon comic or the fact that he's the guy who wrote the GRammy Theme song ? That this will in return benefit X-Japan ? Let me be skeptical on that one. Building business connections though, yes that I can see as valuable. If anything, X-Japan was and probably is still today more known in the US vs Yoshiki.

Imagine if he HADN'T done any of these commericial ventures but still released the same amount of music? We'd never know what he was doing, where he was, what was going on with the band.

I'm grateful for whatever we've got from them so far but knowing that time goes by and that he publicly constantly says how involved he is with everything but X-japan is disappointing at best.

Obviously I would love if the album just came out already but it hasn't. We all have our own lives to pay attention to, too, right? And since they're the ones who make the music we have no choice but to go along with when and how they'll release it. Yeah it sucks as a fan but it must suck even more as a member not being able to do what you want right when you want to do it. It's pretty obvious that all the guys want to tour and release the album this year, even/especially Yoshiki.

Wait and see... not much else to do. Don't get me wrong, I might come off as a total jerk, not my intention... I'm just fed up with the whole thing and find that X-Japan's (or really, YOshiki at this point) fans are blindly tolerating an exaggerated behavior. I can't imagine any other band surviving this level of cheap drama and retain its eternally faithful bunch of fans. And yet... seeing them live at the MSG will go down as one of the most magical moment of my freakin life and I still proudly display my big X tattoo thinkin 'yeah, these guys who came up with 4 albums over 30 years are the best' ;)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:36:53 PM

Would hope for it to be true but doesn't make sense at all. Yoshiki goes on a Twitter frenzy about clipping is toe nails so trust me, if there was such a dramatic revelation up coming, we would have known for years through a bunch of hyped social media hints...

I have my reservations about it being true as well but time-wise, it could explains some things. We'll see!

I won't pretend to be an expert song writer but the writing music for a band is not a sequential process like you've illustrated above, especially not for a virtuoso like Yoshiki; some of it flows in parallel.

Some of it does indeed flow in parallel but it's still the same amount of work as composing more than one instrument. If he were just doing drums and guitar for instance, that would still take less time than adding bass and vocal melody on top of that, even if he were composing, say, a synchronized harmony between them all instead of highly individualized parts. I say this because I try to compose music regularly and it takes so, so much longer because I'm not giving anyone else free reign to put their parts to the song. Sure I'm not a virtuoso like Yoshiki but it's clear cut, more work=longer time.

It sure must take him hell of a lot of effort sure, but to think he's alone in that process would be wrong. While others don't get much credit they certainly participate and give their input. All bands usually have a member that is the main contributor. Often lyrics and music can be divided but it is not unusual to see both coming from the same individual. So Yoshiki isn't unique in any ways as opposed to the average professional front man in a rock band. As for the complexity and quality well let's face it, the post reunion stuff is far from the caliber of what we got prior to 2008.

Let's be real, I love the other guys but they're much more players/performers than creative forces of the band at this point. Sugizo seems more involved now than Heath or Pata had been even before the split. Sure they nod and tell Yoshiki what's fine and I'm sure they tell him if they want to play something differently but Yoshiki's still the one writing the parts, handing them the music to play. I'm not trying to put them down or say they aren't integral to the band, because they make X, but that's how X Japan operates and they're obviously fine with it. At the end of the day, 90% of the credits say: Music by: Yoshiki, Lyrics by: Yoshiki. It's pretty obvious who's doing the bulk of composing.

The health issue (if it is as bad as it is being made these days...) would explain drumming limitations and as such touring restrictions. Fair enough. Black Sabbath who are much older, managed to tour with Tony Iommi who has cancer...ho and they recorded a superb album 100% new material. Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson is recovering from a cancer also and can't wait to tour again and will meanwhile use the off time to record in the studio. Meanwhile, Yoshiki has wrist issues, constantly makes a HUGE drama out of it and mostly sits still...

I don't think it's fair to compare an injury directly related to your livelihood with the big C, just saying... Cancer is absolutely devastating, yes, it takes so much out of a person. But to say that because someone with cancer could tour so Yoshiki should have been able to complete the album and go on another tour is like comparing oil and water. He's his own person, they're theirs. To compare other peoples', well, traumas, like that and say that someone should be able to do what someone else does just because? What? One's 'worse' than the other? I don't know. Everyone handles things differently. There might have also been some stuff going on in his own life that we don't know about that he refuses to talk about, not even health related. He might have just gotten exhausted for a while, the other members, too.

Toshi's true drama (just finished reading the book... unreal!) certainly was a major setback but got resolved 5 years ago.

Taiji's death is a real tragedy but should not have impacted X-Japan's activities whatsoever - he was not an active member.

Yoshiki said specifically that the band unanimously decided to take a break after the tour in 2011 to unwind and also because of Taiji. For the fandom yeah, it's easy to assume that Taiji's passing would have no impact on the band's activities because, indeed, he wasn't an active member. But for X Japan as PEOPLE, don't you think that might kick up some, how should I say, unsettling emotions? Even if you have conflict with a person in your life, if they were that instrumental to who you became their death will affect you tremendously. And the way in which Taiji passed, I hate to go there, but I wouldn't doubt that it brought up some things about Hide for all of the members. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded a break simply because of the world tour, but to have that happen as well, I'm sure they needed a mental break on top of the physical one. Taiji wasn't just an ex-member, he was a part of their lives.

Shitty money grubbing management issues are real but somewhat perplexing, seeing how Yoshiki himself is a successful businessman... How could he and the overall X-Japan legacy have gotten involved in such a poor management/marketing arrangement is mind numbing.  Those are also behind them now.....

Successful people get screwed over by people all the time, they're not infallible. In fact they're easier targets. Wasn't it the management that put together the X reunion by making Toshi believe Yoshiki wanted to do it and visa versa? Maybe their intentions weren't pure. And are you sure it's the same management? If it is, maybe it's all different people working under the same company? That, I will agree, is perplexing if it's true.

It's all about making choices. Yoshiki has been a businessman before being an artist for very long and that's just fine. Him making more money ? Sure why not, good for him, hey, he needs to add his weekly supply of Lamborgini in is LA garage. I am not too worried about his empire unless he's been extremely stupid about his financial decisions - I doubt he has. As the image of X-Japan... well.... it's been the image of Yoshiki mostly since 2008. He's always been the leading figure but it's now almost Yoshiki's band featuring some other dudes... it's sad. It's not as if he was very popular in the rest of the world as opposed to X-Japan and he was using this factor to benefit the band... it's the other way around. He chose to reband X-Japan because as a businessman, he saw a viable financial opportunity in doing so yet, he's chosen to get involved in tons of loosely related ventures that appear to be demanding while leaving his forever loyal fans hang in the balance.

I really don't think Yoshiki chose to reband X Japan as a businessman. Like, at all. Not whatsoever. I think he was uncertain about doing it and thought he might finally be able to put a proper end to the band. Then when things went well he saw an opportunity to make the new X Japan conquer all the obstacles they had to back out of the first time around, due to the disbandment. You're right that he's been a businessman for a very long time but to say that he's making music for financial gain is absolutely ludicrous. If that were the case we would have had whatever crap single he could come up with over and over along with mini albums and all that shit. We don't have a set album because he's TRYING to make something he's truly proud of, that he truly believes in as a musician. It's the exact opposite of what you claim, in my opinion.

Do you sincerely believe that anyone in the US right now knows about or gives a crap about his Red Dragon comic or the fact that he's the guy who wrote the GRammy Theme song ? That this will in return benefit X-Japan ? Let me be skeptical on that one. Building business connections though, yes that I can see as valuable. If anything, X-Japan was and probably is still today more known in the US vs Yoshiki.

Do I think people care about the comic book specifically? No, not really. Do I think some OTT Stan Lee fanboys intent on collecting his work will buy a comic and become a fan of Yoshiki's music? Yes. And you're right, no one knows who any of the theme songs for Hollywood events are written by... on the outside. On the inside I know they do, and that's a great thing for Yoshiki and thus the band. It takes one person of a band to be put in a magazine or an article anywhere to do good for a band. Also I'm sure his decision to accept the GG theme had a lot to do with personal accomplishment, too. You can sneer at any of the Hollywood award ceremonies (I do) but if one wants you to write something for it... come on, that's going to give you a lot of pride.

Wait and see... not much else to do. Don't get me wrong, I might come off as a total jerk, not my intention... I'm just fed up with the whole thing and find that X-Japan's (or really, YOshiki at this point) fans are blindly tolerating an exaggerated behavior. I can't imagine any other band surviving this level of cheap drama and retain its eternally faithful bunch of fans. And yet... seeing them live at the MSG will go down as one of the most magical moment of my freakin life and I still proudly display my big X tattoo thinkin 'yeah, these guys who came up with 4 albums over 30 years are the best' ;)

I know a lot of people are fed up but I think it's important to not let the OTT fans have any impact whatsoever, on your regards towards Yoshiki or the band, I mean. Cause we're all doing the same thing. We're all waiting for X Japan. They're really content with anything he does in the mean time because they're HIS fans. Every band has that.

About the drama, I don't think any other band could survive with this amount of loyal fans either, haha. It's because it's X Japan, frankly. They make up for the drama with their music and live shows, which are unparalleled. Crazy, hyped, fucking fun, talented, and full of passion. I'm so excited for this world tour, I don't even care when it is. You're so lucky you got to go to MSG. I've watched it on YT multiple times. Shitty camera phone videos, but it's still a blast watching them perform.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:43:09 PM by returner »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 11:08:05 AM
eally don't think Yoshiki chose to reband X Japan as a businessman. Like, at all. Not whatsoever. I think he was uncertain about doing it and thought he might finally be able to put a proper end to the band. Then when things went well he saw an opportunity to make the new X Japan conquer all the obstacles they had to back out of the first time around, due to the disbandment. You're right that he's been a businessman for a very long time but to say that he's making music for financial gain is absolutely ludicrous. If that were the case we would have had whatever crap single he could come up with over and over along with mini albums and all that shit. We don't have a set album because he's TRYING to make something he's truly proud of, that he truly believes in as a musician. It's the exact opposite of what you claim, in my opinion.

I totally second all of this! Nothing to add totally.

While I am annoyed of Yoshiki often enough, there are things like all this "he is just after money" talk that I never understood.

Nevermind that, generally speaking, what the hell is wrong about MUSICIANS wanting to make money with MUSIC? I mean, it's their job...? o_O

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...