X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki's health problems (2015 Edition)

AsukaMiyu · 16349

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: February 01, 2015, 07:46:35 PM
Okay, since I can't find a thread about Yoshiki's health issues, I'll just open a new one. ;P

I'll make it short - according to YM, Yoshiki was adviced to get his wrist surgery asap, as half of his tendon is torn. That would obviously mean that he can't use his hand for some months - and because of that, he wants to postpone that much-needed surgery until next year. However, if he overdoes it now, his tendon might tear completely and he wouldn't be able to move his hand anymore at all.

.............Well, I could say lots of things now, but little of them would be nice. -_-

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:02 PM
Hmmm, I did hear about doctors advising him that he needed surgery but didn't know it was this bad. Here are my thoughts:

Yes it is true that since X Japan have reunited, there has been a lot of promises unkept in terms of releases, as well as a lack of releases themselves, (it has been about eight years and we still haven't had an album...). However, this is not to say that they haven't had their fair share of problems. Yoshiki's health, financial issues and Toshi's personal problems are only some that we know about. Are these good enough excuses? I can't say, but lets think of it this way. If Yoshiki put aside all that has happened up until this point and didn't let it affect his decision, surely having the surgery now is the most logical option? Delay your plans for a bit rather than potentially be in a position where you can't carry out those plans at all?

I have been waiting and waiting for new material and have gotten to the point where I am no longer disappointed when it doesn't come. And I think a lot of people are feeling like that. There is something to be said, however, for the fact that I am still checking up on the bands activity almost daily...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 08:42:08 PM
Delay your plans for a bit rather than potentially be in a position where you can't carry out those plans at all?

That!! Since he'd been talking about the surgery for months already (erm, spring 2014) I thought he'd just do it right after MSG while preparing more activities. There would ahve been enough time until August to recover. I don't get it.. He basically says "I don't want to disppoint people by delaying activities cause of my health" but that actually means "I'll just do that now eventhough it's super idiotic and there's a chance I'll COMPLETLY mess up my body" ...huh??

I think everyone would be happier if he gets his stuff fixed now (since there's a break anyway) instead of delaying it, then doing a little bit of activities until his health problems get unbearable again and he'll be forced to make a big break again. ....aaah!! -_-

but mC, I have to agree that one shouldn't forget about those problems we actually know about. Especially thinking about Toshi, I can't feel any more disappointment for a bunch of things anymore. (Also, I think they have a lot more issues that we don't have any idea about...)

However, no matter what's up with them, they (or actually Yoshiki) really need to do something to regain the trust of their fans. :/

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 03:03:31 AM
My thoughts on this, in short are: Yoshiki, don't be stupid. Touring & all that crap can wait, GET THE DAMN SURGERY!

Who cares about touring right now? Like, seriously? We (and I say this as someone from North America) haven't had a X Japan concert since 2010, I think we can hold out on another tour for however long it takes Yoshiki to go under the knife & recover. Besides, this is a legitimate health issue that can't be ignored for much longer if he keeps being headstrong like this. . . I'm sure that he'll suffer more if his tendon gets wrecked than not touring during recovery.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 04:59:54 AM
Do the surgery.
Release a few digital singles or an ALBUM to keep the fans happy while you worry about your health.
Then get into rehab/physical therapy and get your health in check then decide from there.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:35:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that (very obvious) reaction from the fans was planned from the start.
Basically first saying that Yoshiki is sacraficing his health for the happiness of his fans, but than allegedly changes his mind and gets the surgery but has a good excuse - erm i mean, understanding of his fans. -_-

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:24:58 AM
If they keep playing "nurses" then they better understand how important his health is >.>

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 10:01:55 AM
That!! Since he'd been talking about the surgery for months already (erm, spring 2014) I thought he'd just do it right after MSG while preparing more activities. There would ahve been enough time until August to recover. I don't get it.. He basically says "I don't want to disppoint people by delaying activities cause of my health" but that actually means "I'll just do that now eventhough it's super idiotic and there's a chance I'll COMPLETLY mess up my body" ...huh??

I agree, why didn't he went under surgery after the MSG show?

I mean, he's not playing a lot right now, no? He must mainly be working as a producer and that kind of stuff atm.

However, no matter what's up with them, they (or actually Yoshiki) really need to do something to regain the trust of their fans. :/

I wouldn't be surprised if that (very obvious) reaction from the fans was planned from the start.
Basically first saying that Yoshiki is sacraficing his health for the happiness of his fans, but than allegedly changes his mind and gets the surgery but has a good excuse - erm i mean, understanding of his fans. -_-

Yeah he should do something for the fans to no feeling too let down but eventually it appears that a lot of fans (at least the ones on social networks) are more like idolizing Yoshiki whatever he's doing so they must likely see him as a martyr and accept whatever he'll be doing...

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:12 AM
...I think that the fangirls who idolize Yoshiki too much are kind of a problem... (eventhouh, i have to say that in this case even they want to make Yoshiki stop his plan and do the surgery instead)
I always get the impression that he thinks all of his fans are like this - just because they post 100 times as much as every average sane fan! xD Pretty much all of his retweets are ffrom the same people, too, which kind of shows that their posts are what he sees all the time... I often wonder if he is even AWARE of that situation and problems hat result from that?? -_- Basically only communicating with the same 5 people, who spam Twitter 24/7, doesn't really improve his image...?

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 02:22:46 PM
Unfortunately the loudest ones (or the ones that compulsively RT and stuff) are the must heard, I just hope they're not the most listened to, slight but important difference.
Considering what you said about what Yoshiki RT, I'm kind of afraid x) I stopped looking at his tweets and FB post because of all the vampire/HK stuff, basically everything but X Japan ^^"

Still, I have a hard time understanding Yoshiki and the delaying of the surgery. I mean music is his life and what is said here is clearly "you either go under surgery or you won't be able to play any instrument ever again". Plus, considering that he had troubles with his wrist and neck for years (if not decades!), I don't see the point of such a dangerous behaviour (by not going under surgery I mean).

As you put it even the most fangirliest fans would want him to heal in order to continue his music.
I get that in the music industry, time = money and Yoshiki has plenty of work and take some time off to be fixed can be damaging to his business and maybe reputation but some priorities has to be set.
Again "just" leaving out the playing music himself (I understand that it can be really hard for him) and focusing on his producer and other works field during all the healing process seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Anyway, hope he doesn't do anything stupid and irreversible, he'll get better, he'll be back into music and give us some X Japan comeback-back x)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 01:45:30 PM
There is no guarantee that after the operation I will be better. In this case, since that day I will not be able to use the arm. In this, I have come to the conclusion that “I will continue until it becomes impossible to use the hand” I’m sorry to worried you. I’ll be ok. #WeAreX

Jesus Yoshiki, don't be stupid! You're not going to be okay, not like this!

Just because modern science has enabled us to have robot hands, doesn't mean you get to have one either.

(Source: http://jrockradio.net/2015/02/x-japan-yoshiki-answers-to-his-worried-fans-i-will-continue-until-it-becomes-impossible-to-use-the-hand/)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 02:20:31 PM
I don't get it. The operation may not be a success but it could. However, without it, he will surely loose control of his hand. Why is he even questioning it??

"I'll be ok." No you won't.

And 2 hours ago he said on Twitter: "Don't worry! We'll announce the world tour soon!" Ok Yoshiki...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:22:05 PM by Hyunkel »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 07:12:34 PM
Hyunkel, that's exactly what I don't get either! -_-
Okay, he's scared to mess up his hand by getting surgery... but what the hell.

I hope all that drama is just for promotional reasons.

Either way...

WTF!

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:20:18 AM
I hope all that drama is just for promotional reasons.

That what I hope too. In a way, it's a good promotion in Yoshiki style...

BUT, saying they'll announce the World Tour "soon" (even if in X Japan's language is not a very reliable time period xD) kind of lower my hopes ; unless they announce something in a year or so, in order of Yoshiki to have time to go under surgery and have a healing period or announce something (really) soon and they postpone it, I don't see how they can match this two things.
Eventually, what I'm saying here is based on a promotion move by Yoshiki ; if he's really serious about taking the risk and not doing the surgery at all, well, it's his choice but still a very bad one imo (considering the pieces of information we have, maybe there are more to understand why he set his mind that way, but as far as I have heard, he's making a big mistake).

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:38 AM
I don't get how any of this could be good promotion for Yoshiki at all in my honest opinion.

There is no guarantee that after the operation I will be better.
And there's no promise that you wouldn't. You don't know unless you try, Yoshiki. The only thing that is certain is what'll happen if you don't get the surgery.

If he's scared, that's fine you know? But what is there to gain by playing until his right hand is busted? What's to prove (besides playing the martyr)? At least with the surgery he has a half chance or more of playing few more years in the band & solo stuff (not to imply that we need more solo stuff & less X Japan stuff).

As for the world tour, eh. I'd go if it's really happening (provided they go to L.A. or Las Vegas for a show. I would mind selling off my figurines or my Magic The Gathering cards to make it happen), but I'd rather wait for Yoshiki to get himself fixed up first.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 10:35:54 AM
For the promotion part, I see it like "I'm hurt but I'll continue my music because I love my fans" so the fans on social media see how much their idol love them etc.
But in the end he goes for surgery because he's not completely insane and the fans still love him, even more after that he face the danger of the surgery (which is still less dangerous than not doing anything at all).
Being a martyr seems to be Yoshiki's brand on social media networks so that's how I hope he's playing it.

Unfortunately, it seems more like he wouldn't do the surgery at all :/

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 11:23:37 AM
I have another theory that seems quite fitting in this situation...

Yoshiki doesn't really seem to mind being in pain, as its basically his driving force. However, he seems to think of mental and physical pain as the same thing - something that you suffer from but that you endure.
Thinking like that, the current condition of his wriet is no problem because he can still move it and make music. So why should he change it? having surgery, on the other hand, might mean that he is responsible for the decision of ruining his hand completely - so he doesn't want to do it before really being forced it.

It's just a theory but it would explain a lot. (Can i get an interview so I can ask him...?? )

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 01:17:53 PM
So why should he change it? having surgery, on the other hand, might mean that he is responsible for the decision of ruining his hand completely - so he doesn't want to do it before really being forced it.

Isn't it already the case?

From what I read, it seems that the next stage of the problem would be "too late-not being able to use his hand anymore".

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 03:49:22 PM
Well as he can still move it, he's not forced enough yet, it seems... *headdesk*

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 12:47:00 AM
He didn't play from 2011 to 2014. Why didn't he do this surgery during this whole time?

He likes drama. He likes all "nurses" fangirls moaning for him and sending cute messages on Twitter.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 02:33:52 AM
For the promotion part, I see it like "I'm hurt but I'll continue my music because I love my fans" so the fans on social media see how much their idol love them etc.
But in the end he goes for surgery because he's not completely insane and the fans still love him, even more after that he face the danger of the surgery (which is still less dangerous than not doing anything at all).
Being a martyr seems to be Yoshiki's brand on social media networks so that's how I hope he's playing it.

Unfortunately, it seems more like he wouldn't do the surgery at all :/

That. . . makes a lot of sense. I'm not famous so I can't relate to this, but I think understand it (at least a bit).

He didn't play from 2011 to 2014. Why didn't he do this surgery during this whole time?

He likes drama. He likes all "nurses" fangirls moaning for him and sending cute messages on Twitter.

Probably it wasn't as bad? Maybe his neck was messing up more than his hand was?

Ehhh, I'm not gonna smack talk the Yoshiki's fangirls because I was a fangirl for ToshI at one point in time, but isn't the "nurse" faction getting kind of dangerous? Like if the "nurses" all that he ever hears from on social media & stuff, don't you think that sort of talk would cloud his judgement a bit? Also, I wonder what the rest of the band are telling him. I know that ToshI would definitely NOT be okay with Yoshiki's decision.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 05:34:51 AM
I guess the rest of the band (aside of Sugizo maybe LOL) gave up trying to talk sense into Yoshiki. :P Well, I think that's something that Yoshiki decided on his own - without the other members, staff, doctors or fans. Unless it's all just played...

(And well, about the "nurses", I discussed that with friends a couple of times already and I agree that this is kinda bad... ACTUALLY he should know that this isn't the mayority of his fans - but they are too loud and basically he sees only those. -_- )

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 09:38:16 AM
I guess the rest of the band (aside of Sugizo maybe LOL) gave up trying to talk sense into Yoshiki. :P Well, I think that's something that Yoshiki decided on his own - without the other members, staff, doctors or fans. Unless it's all just played...

(And well, about the "nurses", I discussed that with friends a couple of times already and I agree that this is kinda bad... ACTUALLY he should know that this isn't the mayority of his fans - but they are too loud and basically he sees only those. -_- )

Hopefully this isn't something to gain unnecessary sympathy for promotional reasons or whatever otherwise I'll be very mad (not like I have much liking for Yoshiki to begin with, but even so, if that's the angle that's seriously fucked up).

I supposed we'll all have to wait and see, huh?

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 09:39:08 AM

Probably it wasn't as bad? Maybe his neck was messing up more than his hand was?

Maybe it wasn't that bad at the time but come on he had trouble with both hand/wrist and neck for years now. One may think he'd taken the opportunity of these 4 years to do something about it.
I don't know the exact nature of the problem but he should have taken care of that already (unless the medicine/surgery technique/knowledge was unable to help him at the time?)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 10:21:01 AM

Maybe it wasn't that bad at the time but come on he had trouble with both hand/wrist and neck for years now. One may think he'd taken the opportunity of these 4 years to do something about it.
I don't know the exact nature of the problem but he should have taken care of that already (unless the medicine/surgery technique/knowledge was unable to help him at the time?)

He complains about numbness on his hand since the World Tour...

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 10:31:05 AM

Exactly my thoughts!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 11:37:27 AM
He complains about numbness on his hand since the World Tour...

The tour back in 2010?

For me, that's when I first heard of it. Is his neck aliment & hand aliment joined together or are they two separate pains?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 03:21:10 PM
A I think those are two different things. The numbness that he had in his fingers are because of his neck issues (and nerves going through there being damaged.) The wrist pain is from inflammation/damage on his wrist's tendons/tissue around there.

Well he had been wearing his wrist brace forever though... Usually the thing you do in that situation is trying to use your hand less, as it is a result of overworking. Pretty hard to avoid, to be fair, huh? However, usually there aren't hany harlftorn tendons or whatever, no idea how Yoshiki got THAT far. >_<

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 03:39:05 PM
The current episode of the X Japan Podcast has an interview with Chris Camacho, who was Yoshiki's personal trainer in the early 90ies.
Of course they also talked about Yoshiki's health issues and what drives him to do these kind of things...

Interesting to listen to... ;)
https://soundcloud.com/x-japan-podcast/episode-4-chris-camacho

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 06:12:06 PM

You, sir. I like you. You get it. Here, have a box of X Japan curry.

I'm actually hoping his hand has to be chopped off so X Japan can finally get an actual good drummer/pianist :D