• View Profile
on: August 17, 2014, 10:59:51 AM

Ex denxdenx

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:55:40 AM
Something new finally.

Funny to see Toshi stretch out the mic to the public or not to sing at all, even though it's on playback :D

I'm a big Saint Seiya fan so that's nice to see X Japan doing a theme song for this movie.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 02:22:25 PM
still feel like something missing, Hide guitar solo..

Ex denxdenx

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 04:50:50 PM
Sounds very Violet UK-ish and not the kind of song that will do anything to garner them more fans lmao not even a guitar solo. Typical Yoshiki gallop on the drums as well, same old fills. Can't believe I've been considering shelling out the cash to visit NYC to see them.

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:16:53 AM
Feudal, you are totally right XD,
 I mean did I hear it somewhere before, that was my reaction... but still let's be happy that something is going on whit them :D

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:10 AM
I actually like it! ^_^

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:29:04 AM
You might have heard it there in a Saint Seiya trailer, with a feminime voice, very Violet-UKish indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXzcD0RyY10
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:47:01 PM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 12:15:53 PM
Very VUK indeed... it's so sad in a way..sure hide's gone, there is not magical way to fix this but X(-Japan) were always a great band because of their overall  musical talent. No excuses for a Pata, Heath, Toshi, Yoshiki, Sugizo renewed X-Japan to be condemn playing popish stuff. We'd all love to hear new stuff but let's face it, I think we'd all appreciate it even more if they'd play back random songs from their back catalogue vs a very restricted playlist sprinkled with new crap.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 09:03:45 AM
I think at this point Violet UK and X have fused into one act. Just..with X you know you're getting Toshi and with VUK it's a revolving door of glamorous women sponsored by 7-11.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 07:30:01 PM
I think at this point Violet UK and X have fused into one act. Just..with X you know you're getting Toshi and with VUK it's a revolving door of glamorous women sponsored by 7-11.

LMAO 100% accuracy.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
well, in my opinion, the only thing make this current  XJapan still sounds good is toshi voice.. drum and guitar very vuk

Ex denxdenx

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:59 PM
Definitely the weakest of the new songs, but its nice they tried something new out

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 12:43:32 PM
As an anime movie theme song it is acutally pretty great, albeit clichéd. As an X-japan effort it's pretty bland ..at best. Naively I still hope for a new kick ass song.. doesn't have to be Bluebloodish but I'd still take something a la Jealousy. Who knows, maybe Yoshiki will be afflicted with a bout of nostalgia at some point and start copying his own good oldies ? One can hope..

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 06:04:10 PM
Uh, well same old discussions... Personally I like the news songs a lot, so I don't mind what he's writing nowadays.
But what I don't understand is why everyone is so suprised about his new stuff sounding 1) different 2) more dahlia-ish than VV-ish. I mean, he's gone a way and he keeps walking that path, nothing wrong with that...? Of course it sucks for those people prefering the old style but... appreciate what you like and ignore the rest, getting pissed off everytime won't change it either.... :/

KISS is happily releasing new stuff but the new songs basically sound exactly the same as they always did and you can basically hear no difference at all - I'm not sure if THAT is better, either... XD

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:27:42 PM
But that's because Kiss fans want the old style, and aren't really interested in hearing them deviate from their musical formula much anymore. If X Japan did another album in the vein of Blue Blood, I'd be ecstatic. It'd be like how Metallica released St. Anger, and then Death Magnetic as a way to get back into what made people love them in the first place. The ballad type songs are great, but can't we get at least one song from them that shows they can still be the band that helped start visual kei?

On topic though, I wasn't a huge fan of this. I enjoyed the other reunion songs more. This just has something missing from it.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:17 AM
This song is somehow "empty". It doesn't have the same feeling that X songs do (even Jade/I.V.).

Yoshiki doesn't release something NEW in years. Even Yoshiki Classical is a compilation of old stuff, apart from Miracle (which is awesome) and the Golden Globe's theme.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:26 AM
Hm well we still need to hear the normal quality audio for Hero before having a appropriate final judgement for it haha. Hope it will sound better than the crappy phone audio. ;)

Ah well, Joker, I guess everyone is kinda annoyed at the endless rereleases of odl stuff... Kinda off-topic, but yesterday I found an interview about VUK and Yoshiki telling that it's almost done and whatever... it's from 2005... >_< (http://xjapan.livejournal.com/41458.html)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 04:09:10 PM
Uh, well same old discussions... Personally I like the news songs a lot, so I don't mind what he's writing nowadays.
But what I don't understand is why everyone is so suprised about his new stuff sounding 1) different 2) more dahlia-ish than VV-ish. I mean, he's gone a way and he keeps walking that path, nothing wrong with that...? Of course it sucks for those people prefering the old style but... appreciate what you like and ignore the rest, getting pissed off everytime won't change it either.... :/

KISS is happily releasing new stuff but the new songs basically sound exactly the same as they always did and you can basically hear no difference at all - I'm not sure if THAT is better, either... XD

Excellent point, Asu~
But to be honest, IV was a crap song, Jade was all right, Born to be Free was pretty cool, but this new song? It's absolutely dreadful. I can't comprehend Yoshiki spent more than a year to write crap like this >>;
But yeah, in a way, I think I lost interest in the new stuff altogether D: (same with GNR - I didn't like anything from Chinese Democracy, so I won't be looking forward to any new albums or songs either.)

Aahh who am I kidding, if they come to Europe again, I'll definitely go, new songs or not :P My love for classic X will never dissapear, no matter how I disapprove of Yoshiki and his methods. (and his sudden lack of talent when it comes to songwriting. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH * gets ready for fangirls starting a flamewar *)

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 11:56:45 AM
well, i.v was great for a soundtrack music, both scarlet love song and hero also suits for a soundtrack.  GG theme? sounds exclusive for such event which is wonderful.. jade is and BTBF, its a cool song even lack of guitar solo..

Ex denxdenx

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 06:40:26 PM
I'll reserve judgement on this song. I was listening carefully to the crappy youtube videos and that version of the song is still incomplete, the drums are the usual Yoshiki demo midi drums. Yeah the melodies are poppy, but a catchy X song doesn't mean it's a bad song. I'll wait for the release before I write it off.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 12:09:44 AM
With as much time Yoshiki spends recording I get really weirded out as to why these midi drums are prevalent in these previews.

I enjoyed I.V, Jade and Scarlet Love Song (regardless of how cheesy it is cause I love cheese) but... I'm really not digging this new track. Yo needs to stop meddling in other franchises and remember what X is...

regardless I'm still going to complain and be happy to see them in concert but still.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 08:26:50 AM
Looks like there's a -slightly- better live version of "Hero" on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTSnBTBqL64

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:41:18 AM
^Thanks for that! I have to say, I really enjoy this song, the chorus is perfect for Toshi's voice. I have a feeling that this will be the next song X Japan will release before they eventually release the album.

I reckon it will be something like May, June or July they will release a lead up track (I do think it will be Hero), and then the new album sometime in the second half of the year? We will see...I don't have any hopes for anything so can't be disappointed! :P

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 04:54:22 AM
^Thanks for that! I have to say, I really enjoy this song, the chorus is perfect for Toshi's voice. I have a feeling that this will be the next song X Japan will release before they eventually release the album.

I reckon it will be something like May, June or July they will release a lead up track (I do think it will be Hero), and then the new album sometime in the second half of the year? We will see...I don't have any hopes for anything so can't be disappointed! :P

No problem. This does feel like something new for a single & it also feels like a throwback to the Dahlia album, but I can't explain why.

If we're going to play the guessing game for the official release of this song, I'd say it would be July since rumor has it that the new album is dropping in August. I get a feeling like it's a summer song, you know?