• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan at MSG 10.11.2014

Beauty/Broken · 49622

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 01:30:07 PM
The YouTube clip looks like it was done by a twelve year old... But at least it's an announcement!!!

MODERATOR'd!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 06:02:27 PM
Have fun everyone that goes, I am going to sit this one out. Just happy I've seen them once and I don't think I can swing a flight to NY.

Anyways, its a shame this is so half- assed, but what isn't in X- Japan? No ticket pricing or any info really and the show is in 2 months. It is also WAY too ambitious and this will surely be cancelled because of low ticket sales. I do hope it goes well but don't get your hopes up.

Friday should be interesting

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:08 AM
The video is indeed horrible. So was the "poster" announcement a few months back. In fact, marketing for X-japan has been laughable since they got back together. Quite perplexing when you think about the kind of money Yoshiki alone owns and how much more money this show could bring in if truly advertised.

I highly doubt it will happen and it is kind of sad that it is a general consensus, seeing how things have gone in the past. I first heard about X back in the early 90's when mp3s first appeared online. By 1998 I would have had enough money to finally see them live in Japan but it was too late by then. When I heard about a reunion in 2008 I was floored. When the world tour actually took place I couldn't believe it. Through some pretty ironic circumstances, I missed the show they did in a nearby city (Toronto) because I was getting married that day, in Mexico!  Almost 20 years waiting to realize my teenage dream haha. No matter how much I'm not too impressed by the very limited newer material that came out (3 songs in 6 years...), no matter how stupid Yoshiki's ego trip is, you bet I'll be there front row if that show takes place.

What is even more perplexing is that Yoshiki and X are extremely talented, individually and has a band. Yes, even without Taiji, without hide, can those guy absolutely rock. For some unkown reasons we are stuck with Yoshiki acting all drama queen, vampire, nurse, hello kitty, golden globes theme ... it is so infuriating! Stardom does that, I get it but most of the time it does that to crappy talentless pop stars that never had any real musical talent to begin with.

I dream of a fan picked setlist that would feature a solid mix of old and new but alas, I'll still take the scrapping of a shitty rehashed setlist over nothing..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:20:12 AM by Astralmind »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 06:00:17 AM
Ha yeah, the advertising and general marketing stuff had been pretty half-hearted these years. But really, that MSG video is the worst I've seen so far. O_O Nevermind that the "Concert Poster" that Yoshiki posted is a joke, too. Apparently they are not quite sure who they they want to target for that concert and that shows quite obviously... I mean, not knowing the band already, my impression wouldn't be very good seeing that lame video...

Really, I always wonder who is responsible for all and if they don't realize what they are doing wrong!? o___O
Maybe it would be a good idea to check out what fans have to say, too, and not only fangirls who just go "OMG YOSHIKI I LOVE YOU" no matter what you do. -_____-

Hum, about X not doing much, I am under the impression that this is really a problem because of their managements. Even Yoshiki said that "it's a pain in the ass" to find time to work together, while he seems to care about X the most...? Doing whateerelsehewantsto while the rest is busy only sounds fair to me. (Though I'd also prefer if that wouldn't include spamming Twitter in the style of his fangirls. x_x)

(Especially while working on Xplosion for YEARS now, and spending endless hours basically doing their work, seeing them messing up things for themselves all the time is damn frustrating!!!! Nevermind that I still love the band and their music, so we won't give up because of their weird marketing...)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 05:16:31 PM
The fact that Comic Con New York is sponsoring the show makes me think it'll probably happen. I also read that X will be appearing at the convention too. Now I've just got to scrounge up the money to go, because I have my doubts about another US tour happening.

Also, I know they won't, but it would make my year if they pulled out a track from Vanishing Vision. That album hasn't gotten any support since the Dahlia tour as far as I remember.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 04:29:33 PM
The video is indeed horrible. So was the "poster" announcement a few months back. In fact, marketing for X-japan has been laughable since they got back together. Quite perplexing when you think about the kind of money Yoshiki alone owns and how much more money this show could bring in if truly advertised.

I highly doubt it will happen and it is kind of sad that it is a general consensus, seeing how things have gone in the past. I first heard about X back in the early 90's when mp3s first appeared online. By 1998 I would have had enough money to finally see them live in Japan but it was too late by then. When I heard about a reunion in 2008 I was floored. When the world tour actually took place I couldn't believe it. Through some pretty ironic circumstances, I missed the show they did in a nearby city (Toronto) because I was getting married that day, in Mexico!  Almost 20 years waiting to realize my teenage dream haha. No matter how much I'm not too impressed by the very limited newer material that came out (3 songs in 6 years...), no matter how stupid Yoshiki's ego trip is, you bet I'll be there front row if that show takes place.

What is even more perplexing is that Yoshiki and X are extremely talented, individually and has a band. Yes, even without Taiji, without hide, can those guy absolutely rock. For some unkown reasons we are stuck with Yoshiki acting all drama queen, vampire, nurse, hello kitty, golden globes theme ... it is so infuriating! Stardom does that, I get it but most of the time it does that to crappy talentless pop stars that never had any real musical talent to begin with.

I dream of a fan picked setlist that would feature a solid mix of old and new but alas, I'll still take the scrapping of a shitty rehashed setlist over nothing..

I sincerely hope this show goes as planned and I really hope you get to see them. I know the feeling of not being able to see your favorite artist, and then finally getting the opportunity. Its amazing and a relief.

Its is on The Garden's website now,
http://www.thegarden.com/events/2014/october/xjapan.html

Tickets are apparently $25-$65

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:38 PM
Honestly, I really think this show will happen. It's not surprising that the tickets are that cheap; I'm glad they had that much sense because they're not exactly doing what they should have to build enough hype leading to this kind of a show. Yoshiki is so loaded that he'll take the hit in terms of how much it's going to cost to play MSG, even if they don't break even which it's hard to think they will. The good thing about X Japan, as we all know, is how often do they put on a bad show? They nearly kill themselves every time. The frustrating part about all this is how uncertain their activity will be AFTER this show happens. It's likely it could be their last one in North America...which would be very annoying for the fans because this would end up being just a thing on Yoshiki's bucket list to say he's played MSG. I'm worried that is the case.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
Agreed. MSG is his dream.

Too much to think about a single release to support the MSG show and tour? The album is out of the question, I read somewhere that the album is now pushed back to early 2015...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:11 AM
Dude, there is no album lol

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:43 AM
Album. Right. HAHAHAHA.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 02:37:14 PM
Apparently they signed a new contract... Well, when did the old one end? 2013? >__<
(Actually, what happend if you are under contract to release music but...don't....?)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

Hope you got good tickets today. Seems that the most expensive are GA

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:55 PM
Got section 118 row 21.. :( Site crashed many times at work anyways I'm not too happy with the tickets but I do have some and hope it is still going to be awesome.

Anyone else going ?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 07:25:23 PM
Got section 118 row 21.. :( Site crashed many times at work anyways I'm not too happy with the tickets but I do have some and hope it is still going to be awesome.

Anyone else going ?

Hey, at least you will be there! And those aren't so bad. I do have to see it is so cool you get to see an arena X-Japan show. I am so happy I saw them in a club, but seeing their whole stage show would be unreal. Hopefully they have the splitscreen!

Looks like someone is sensible too, the upper bowl will be completely closed off for this one, but having the floor and lower bowl is still a lot to sell.

Offline darkmoon

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:36 PM
Trying to get tickets for me and my friend...surprised to see that there is no floor seating left...

Anyone else going ?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
There is no way the floor sold out. I would call The Garden and buy tickets that way

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 09:51:39 PM
Apparently they signed a new contract... Well, when did the old one end? 2013? >__<
(Actually, what happend if you are under contract to release music but...don't....?)
Oooo, where did you hear that? Surely if you have a signed contract to release a certain amount of music a year / over the lifetime of the contract, we would have to pay penalties if you didn't fulfill that agreement? Then again, I guess it also depends on whether or not Yoshik got an advance out of the record label...

P.S. Super, SUPER jealous of all of you that are able to go to the show! Back in 2009 (?) when they originally announced they would play Madison Square Garden, I was working full time and in a position to go, so bought flights and accomodation around the planned date. And yea... they cancelled and I was super bummed, but still enjoyed seeing one of the most famous cities in America! After studying full time to get a degree the last 4 years, I have only just started working full time again and although I have / would have enough money to go to this show, (New Zealand is quite a way away  :() I don't think my SO would appreciate it! XD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:55:18 PM by mC »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
Shit, did this really sell out or is

A. Ticketmaster fucked up for the event

or

B. Scalpers decimated this

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 10:47:54 PM
Shit, did this really sell out or is

A. Ticketmaster fucked up for the event

or

B. Scalpers decimated this

Maybe both because I saw that certain tickets were still available on some parts.

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 02:13:05 AM
 So sad.. I can't go..  :(

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 05:46:51 AM
My friend and I got row 8 of section 109. Direct side-view of them but really close! We're excited! :D

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 06:18:00 PM
PSA: If you cannot get tickets through ticketmaster, CALL Madison Square Garden before you give up or buy through a shitty scalper (i.e. stubhub, ticketsnow, etc). I've had to resort to scalpers before but only do that if you are sure you cannot buy through the direct source first. Same goes through secondary markets like craigslist.

Offline darkmoon

• View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 09:35:22 PM
Now I'm in this dilemma....I wanted to go originally because the ticket price OK, and I don't live too too too far(like the other side of the earth). Therefore I wanted to get tickets in a really good section which will make my effort worth while...

Now that there is just no ticket left in a good section via direct method, even though I can find them through resale site like studhub, but they sell them for over $200. Considering the plane ticket/hotel, etc… over my budget, and the risk of them cancelling last minute again….

Still really want to see them though…why the ticket scalpers had to ruin this for me…

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:16 AM
300 listings on stubhub. Fuckin' sickening

Offline HARDCORE-BEAVER

• Rookie
  • Psychedelic Violence Crime Of Visual Motherfucker!
    • View Profile
    • HC Beaver
Reply #54 on: September 07, 2014, 08:17:43 AM
cool

Psychedelic Violence... Crime Of.... ahhh, Kusareomeko, yay!

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 09, 2014, 12:25:58 AM
Hm, just curious, but does anyone know who's opening for them? IS anyone opening for them? I felt kinda bad for "Vampires Everywhere!" at the NYC show in 2010, because the crowd wasn't too welcoming for them.

Just curious if we've heard who, if anyone, is opening that night.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 09, 2014, 02:01:16 AM
Hm, just curious, but does anyone know who's opening for them? IS anyone opening for them? I felt kinda bad for "Vampires Everywhere!" at the NYC show in 2010, because the crowd wasn't too welcoming for them.

I believe in a recent interview, Yoshiki said there will be no opening act simply because of the nature of the venue and stage set up they're bringing from Japan. It'd just to be too difficult to swap equipment efficiently. Also, I remember Vampires Everywhere from the Toronto show as well...oh god, they were not the greatest act but I did feel for them...the WORST reaction I've ever seen from a crowd. Let's be honest though, when it's X Japan and EVERYONE in the venue is still almost in disbelief they are going to be performing, just about anyone could walk on stage and you wouldn't flinch. I'm sure in time the guys of the band realized the nature of X Japan and the fans.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 09, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

I believe in a recent interview, Yoshiki said there will be no opening act simply because of the nature of the venue and stage set up they're bringing from Japan. It'd just to be too difficult to swap equipment efficiently. Also, I remember Vampires Everywhere from the Toronto show as well...oh god, they were not the greatest act but I did feel for them...the WORST reaction I've ever seen from a crowd. Let's be honest though, when it's X Japan and EVERYONE in the venue is still almost in disbelief they are going to be performing, just about anyone could walk on stage and you wouldn't flinch. I'm sure in time the guys of the band realized the nature of X Japan and the fans.

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info, Feudal! The stage must be insane, because I've seen a ton of shows at the Garden, and the only one that didn't have an opening act was the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Even Muse always has a pretty elaborate stage and they always had an opening act there. Very curious.

As for Vampires Everywhere!, I agree. It had to be a bummer to play such a packed show and get zero love whatsoever. I'm pretty sure I even remember some people booing. I mean, calm down, it's not like they're playing INSTEAD of X-Japan. I get that they were the wrong bang for an X-Japan crowd but you don't have to be a tool about it, you know?

Offline HARDCORE-BEAVER

• Rookie
  • Psychedelic Violence Crime Of Visual Motherfucker!
    • View Profile
    • HC Beaver
Reply #58 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:24 PM
TOMMY WOOD, F.O.A.D.!!!!!!!!!!

Psychedelic Violence... Crime Of.... ahhh, Kusareomeko, yay!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 11:22:15 AM
Mods? This guy is annoying.

On topic: New video by Yoshiki, is there another new song at 1:20? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_JklDmCU4