• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan at MSG 10.11.2014

Beauty/Broken · 49832

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: April 29, 2014, 11:07:36 AM
So, it has just been announced that X Japan are playing Madison Square Garden on 10.11.2014

http://www.yoshiki.net/mobile/

http://www.yoshiki.net/mobile/xjapaninfo.html

Does anyone feel like it's 2008 all over again?

It seems very strange given the small capacity venues they played during their last North American Tour in 2010, and the fact that there were a lot of shows with empty seats. Add to that the fact that X Japan haven't released anything since then, and their American population hasn't really budged since that tour - it just seems ridiculously deluded to book such a huge show.

Maybe Yoshiki thinks fans will travel from all over the world for it - maybe some will. I know I wont!  ;D

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:58:01 AM

Exactly.

Just hoping for the album to be released before that haha (and for it not to be the X Japan's Chinese Democracy...)

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:31:13 PM

Exactly.

Just hoping for the album to be released before that haha (and for it not to be the X Japan's Chinese Democracy...)

Haha! Keep on dreaming! :D

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:01:17 PM
Oh man! I want to go, but at the same time I don't want to book anything just to have it get cancelled again. I guess I'll wait until tickets actually go on sale to decide.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:08:56 PM
I'm on the same page of feeling weary about the whole thing but I actually think this time around it WILL happen. Yoshiki was extremely unclear as to why there were so many issues back in 2008 and 2009 but with the news of the lawsuit coming to light recently, we can clearly see how they were screwed by management and lots of money was involved. I still think Yoshiki was not as diligent in getting the band back on track but it's likely more stable now in terms of who he is operating with, etc.
I'm tempted to go because this could potentially be one of the last times they ever perform. I think there is probably another aspect to this show that has not been mentioned yet; there's no way they can fill that place....could be another act involved.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:11:27 PM by Feudal »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:53:44 PM
Who knows what they are thinking... Since the Yoshiki Classical tour isn't exactly sold out, I hope they have their eyes on this issue concerning X as well. -_-

Um, well in some recent interview yoshiki suggested that releasing the new album before actually touring again is pretty much needed. (OH REALLY!? >_<) So lat's hope they will actually do that and some real promotion! >_<

Ermmm and i already had my "big vacation" this year, so certainly no NY for me. :P

(...wonder if they will try to do bery as well now....)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:32 PM
10 minutes later, this went online:
http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=749

New Best Of Album, hum hummmm?

I don't care about the CDs, but the DVD and Book sound nice!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:52:18 PM
*sigh* Yoshiki is the king of "best of" re-releases....

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 06:53:19 AM
Well, this was the opposite of what I thought they would be doing now lol

I am defiantly psyched at the prospect of them doing an arena show in the US, but I feel like this is WAY too ambitious for them. They wasted the past 3 years away and should be putting out a completely new record with a tour like 2010 with way more dates. Oh well, maybe I can swing going to this IF they actually play it

EDIT- Seems like they (Yoshiki) gave up on a new album as I just saw they are releasing another "Best Of." Oh well, it was wishful thinking we were ever getting an actual album after 5 years of bullshit. I am looking forward to the 2010 tour DVD it says comes with one of the editions! Hope it is released in the US. He should have really included Jade on it to represent the "new" lineup. I'll still buy it day one, of course lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:18:53 AM by axlroseX »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:41:33 AM
In regard to the new 'best of' album: Meh. I'm not buying it. I wont spend any more of my money on X Japan re-releases or special edition releases.

I've gone from being an X Japan fan who actively waits, to a passive, 'sleeper fan', who comes to the surface when something actually finally happens. :D

I mean heck, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful in how I made the initial post about this gig in New York - but there's no way I'm gonna go to it. I went to Japan for X in 2008, and when they came to England, I went to see them again. I'll also be seeing Yoshiki in London next month - so I'm never going to give up on them, I'll always love them, but life's too short to be spent actively waiting for them!

Not to mention, after all of the false starts and cancellations we've seen so far, I'd be foolish to make such a huge investment in a trip to New York. I'll never forget the scandal that was Bercy, and I'll never fully accept that Yoshiki was in no way to blame for it. Management issues aside, he still has to accept some culpability for either not keeping a closer eye on proceedings or giving too much power to that management team to begin with.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me for believing you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:45:24 AM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 02:05:11 PM
Finally the "new" album...

Why aren't I.V. or Jade on it? I thought they'd finally be on a CD. What about BTBF?
And a live version of Without You? Couldn't we have a studio version of that song after all this time?

Still curious about what they mean by "remastered versions"...
And will it be the English version of Rusty Nail or the original one? ('cause it seems to prepare the MSG gig, and during the USA tour, it was in English so...)

Still quite curious but also pretty confused about this long-awaited release and this apparently too pretentious venue for them right now...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:46:37 PM by Hyunkel »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 05:20:07 PM
What a cluster fuck  ;D

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 06:36:15 PM
What a disappointing compilation album. I could maybe understand if this was just for NA and Europe, but this is Japan only if I understand correctly. I mean, the DVD trailer is nice, but shouldn't we already have the full DVD set by now? The book sounds like it'll be cool though.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 06:43:49 PM
What a cluster fuck  ;D

Do you know that is a clusterfuck?

THIS IS A CLUSTERFUCK.

An awful pic made with Paint using Calibri and Arial saying nothing but a date and TWO FUCKING DEAD MEMBERS.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 07:47:26 PM
Even if it was kind of nice to have hide around in 2008, it really starting to get old and misplaced imo.

Plus, I don't get why is Taiji name here? I mean he wasn't referred to as a member in 2008 so now that he's dead, he's a member again?

So I agree with Joker, enough with the dead members and/or ex-members. Some tribute once in a while is really nice but they have to move on on this.
When I see a Metallica Tour poster I don't expect to see Cliff Burton's name on it...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:50:28 PM by Hyunkel »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 12:02:06 AM
The whole paying tribute to hide thing was great when this all first started happening 7 YEARS AGO. It is time to move on. Also, playing with Taiji again in 2010 was perfect closure for his chapter in the band. What he did was tragic, but they have payed their respects more than enough. They both kick ass, but they do not have to have such active roles in the band anymore, they are dead for crying out loud.

That ad truly is awful, I did not notice the member's names until just now. I hope the official announcement goes better and hopefully (as likely as a new GNR album at this point) they release a new album or a few NEW songs by Fall. That "Best Of" sucks, ESPECIALLY if it is Japan only. Last night I was under the impression it was a global release. Seriously, no new songs, no Jade/IV/BTBF, wtf is a trailer at least release a legit DVD with it, and a relatively questionable track list. Knowing X Japan, it will be way overpriced as well.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 08:56:08 AM
I guess now that Taiji is dead, Yoshiki can include his name in stuff without him disagreeing to shamelessly try and curry favour with older X fans who never really accepted Heath.

It's worth remembering, that whilst a lot of people think that 'X Japan' died with hide - many feel that 'X' died when Taiji was fired.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:33 PM
I guess now that Taiji is dead, Yoshiki can include his name in stuff without him disagreeing to shamelessly try and curry favour with older X fans who never really accepted Heath.

It's worth remembering, that whilst a lot of people think that 'X Japan' died with hide - many feel that 'X' died when Taiji was fired.

And this is even more stupid than the whole hide stuff. Putting Taiji name on an announcement won't make him come back from his grave to play. Taiji wasn't a member anymore, YOSHIKI FIRED HIM.

If he likes "tributes" to dead members, why don't put Terry on the list also? He also died, and IMHO, he has really important role on X history. And, as the own Yoshiki biography says, he was fired due to a disagreement with Taiji.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 10:13:41 PM
Its really a shame the reunion was handled so horribly. We got some phenomenal shows, a few good tunes, and older fans got some closure (with things ending on a high, and Taiji etc). I am so happy it happened, as I got to see them on their US tour. It was a rare and unforgettable opportunity.

Despite those good things, Yoshiki really fucked up with his countless false promises, cancellations, disregard for the fans and band, and focus on other failed or useless prospects (Well, if you are happy with his focus on Violet UK, headphones, the Golden Globes, and more then good for you lol)

Ah well!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:56 AM
Its really a shame the reunion was handled so horribly. We got some phenomenal shows, a few good tunes, and older fans got some closure (with things ending on a high, and Taiji etc). I am so happy it happened, as I got to see them on their US tour. It was a rare and unforgettable opportunity.

Despite those good things, Yoshiki really fucked up with his countless false promises, cancellations, disregard for the fans and band, and focus on other failed or useless prospects (Well, if you are happy with his focus on Violet UK, headphones, the Golden Globes, and more then good for you lol)

Ah well!

Violet UK isn't even a thing yet either.

The problem is that Yoshiki seems more interested in the superficial trappings of fame than the artistic merit of musical creation. It seems that somewhere down the line, he started to mistake commercial endeavors such as Hello Kitty tie-ins, credit cards with his picture on and branded headphones, for actual work or artistic productivity.

Even his actual music releases over the past few years have all either been tied to a wider, commercial product such as films or award ceremonies. It seems that he's singularly interested in boosting his profile for the purpose of bulking out his same old tired press release that his agent continues to distribute at every possible opportunity than expanding on his career as an artist.

Even this supposed MSG gig just stinks as being a States-side profile-raiser or personal ego push, that once done, he can slap on his CV.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 04:18:20 AM

Ah well!

Violet UK isn't even a thing yet either.

The problem is that Yoshiki seems more interested in the superficial trappings of fame than the artistic merit of musical creation. It seems that somewhere down the line, he started to mistake commercial endeavors such as Hello Kitty tie-ins, credit cards with his picture on and branded headphones, for actual work or artistic productivity.

Even his actual music releases over the past few years have all either been tied to a wider, commercial product such as films or award ceremonies. It seems that he's singularly interested in boosting his profile for the purpose of bulking out his same old tired press release that his agent continues to distribute at every possible opportunity than expanding on his career as an artist.

Even this supposed MSG gig just stinks as being a States-side profile-raiser or personal ego push, that once done, he can slap on his CV.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think you've nailed the situation with Yoshiki. Some may argue but I think he hit his cap with Art of Life and by no means is that a jab at him, it's one of the most impressive songs ever written and performed. Dahlia is lovely but the decline was clear and then obviously there was no proper, genuine recovery since the original disbandment. Nearly everything since "reunion" has felt somewhat superficial, especially with how he tries to interact with the Western audiences. The Yoshikitty, Nurse, thing is tiresome and I personally think the classical tour is over hyped.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 10:22:05 AM
Okay guys… some thoughts and reactions…

1) Fine, it's a Best Of album… without new songs.
Which probably means that those will get on a DIFFERENT album - which you may as well refer to as "the new album" that had been talked about since years ago. As they have all the old best-of-stuff on this "the world" album, i guess the other one will include 100% new songs. And that's good news, right?

2) It's not overpriced? o_O It's in fact so surprisingly cheap that I bought the limited edition without much doubting after I saw the price LOL

3) HA! You see the problem about the dead members? The fangirls are crying if they don't mention hide and Taiji all the time - and if they do, people are complaining, TOO! -_-
(Well my personal opinion is that these tributes are rather creepy and I wouldn't do them in such ways, but well, that's what *I* think about it.)

4) The usual complaints about yoshiki making false promises and only trying to promote himself and whatever…
I think people aren't thinking too far when they say absolutely everything is Yoshiki's fault alone. I don't have enough insights so judge fairly (and if I had, I probably would shut up about it…) but while I'm unhappy about some things, too, and also wonder how the hell he is deciding on who he's hiring. I am certainly not a fan of pointing out all the mistakes and focusing only on the bad things. Just ignore the stuff you don't care about and spend your time with something else in the meantime. :P <3

(Oh and btw… think about AKB48 or KISS…. THOSE do a lot of pointless mercy stuff. XD)

….So a bunch of stuff is going wrong - as always lol - and people will go on complaining anyway, but I am tired of these discussions that don't lead anywhere. I will happily wait for whatever there is to come and will try to ignore the pretty empty venue at the Classical Concert and enjoy the show…. *headdesk*

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 12:56:23 PM
Okay guys… some thoughts and reactions…

1) Fine, it's a Best Of album… without new songs.
Which probably means that those will get on a DIFFERENT album - which you may as well refer to as "the new album" that had been talked about since years ago. As they have all the old best-of-stuff on this "the world" album, i guess the other one will include 100% new songs. And that's good news, right?

2) It's not overpriced? o_O It's in fact so surprisingly cheap that I bought the limited edition without much doubting after I saw the price LOL

3) HA! You see the problem about the dead members? The fangirls are crying if they don't mention hide and Taiji all the time - and if they do, people are complaining, TOO! -_-
(Well my personal opinion is that these tributes are rather creepy and I wouldn't do them in such ways, but well, that's what *I* think about it.)

4) The usual complaints about yoshiki making false promises and only trying to promote himself and whatever…
I think people aren't thinking too far when they say absolutely everything is Yoshiki's fault alone. I don't have enough insights so judge fairly (and if I had, I probably would shut up about it…) but while I'm unhappy about some things, too, and also wonder how the hell he is deciding on who he's hiring. I am certainly not a fan of pointing out all the mistakes and focusing only on the bad things. Just ignore the stuff you don't care about and spend your time with something else in the meantime. :P <3

(Oh and btw… think about AKB48 or KISS…. THOSE do a lot of pointless mercy stuff. XD)

….So a bunch of stuff is going wrong - as always lol - and people will go on complaining anyway, but I am tired of these discussions that don't lead anywhere. I will happily wait for whatever there is to come and will try to ignore the pretty empty venue at the Classical Concert and enjoy the show…. *headdesk*

I'm honestly not sure what you expect. There's not really anything promising or positive to discuss that hasn't already been covered a thousand times.

Most X Japan fans nowadays are jaded, but at the end of the day, they're fans for life, and when something does happen, you know they'll be there cheering - no matter how many reservations they have with the band's lack of activities or respect for their fans.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 10:24:51 PM
Uh, well I just needed to rant a bit, as people always seem to make things worse than they are. :P

And maybe I should be happy about people complaining as this leads to more activity here. ;D

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:46 PM

SOMEONE SAID IT!! :D But hey, that's Hollywood, baby. Who gives a fuck about creating new music when you can earn shitloads of cash by feeding X Japan-themed Hello Kitty's to rabid fangirls who'll buy anything as long as it has a big red X logo on it.

And yes, I'm getting a BIG flashback from 2008. :D But, now I'm a bit older and wiser and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. From a musician's point of view, it would be obvious that the album needs to be released before the tour, but this could be another reason for the tour to be delayed, of course! Can you imagine the news lines already? "X JAPAN TOUR POSTPONED BECAUSE ALBUM ISN'T FINISHED YET" or some shit.

Whatever, I'll just sit back and wait, with a big bowl of popcorn in my lap, lol!! To the "newer" X fans who haven't been through the 2008 shit, I can only say this: Don't get too excited. XD

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 03:03:57 PM
I hope there is some info soon, I got this job I've been wanting and the 11th is a weekend so I may be able to do this

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 03:27:53 PM
I like how this show is supposedly in 3 months and there is zero information. Yoshiki has just lost his mind, there is no way this is happening unless its in the parking lot of MSG...

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 05:14:29 PM
I like how this show is supposedly in 3 months and there is zero information. Yoshiki has just lost his mind, there is no way this is happening unless its in the parking lot of MSG...
Typical ;) Don't worry, this happens all the time. My prediction: the show will either be completely forgotten about, or postponed.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 05:11:39 AM
Or not happen at all...like the first time he said they'd be playing MSG.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 11:47:27 AM
X Japan - Madison Square Garden - Oct 11, 2014 (announcement)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qI-zQehlQaI&app=desktop[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qI-zQehlQaI&app=desktop
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:49:28 AM by Hyunkel »