devilsrondo · 4927

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
on: February 08, 2014, 10:56:25 AM
Asuka's idea :D A topic about tattoos~

I showed mine in the how you've been doing topic, but here are the pics again, now in the correct topic! XD

My Seikima-II tribute tattoo. It's the album cover of one of my favorite albums of them, Akuma Nativity.

And this is my Taiji tribute tattoo. He's always been my favorite X member (together with Jun), and I was devestated when he passed away a few years ago. So I got this! It's a buffalo skull, based on the D.T.R album artwork, with his initials on it.

(bigger pic of dragon: http://i.imgur.com/pDBt1.jpg )
My dragon, which is for my love for Asia (especially Japan and Indonesia), and the letter "A". It's a part of the logo of my band, and also the first letter of my husband's name.

Then I also have  a lion on my back, but I don't have any good pics of that anymore D: It was my first one, though!

Aaaand later this year I will get another lion tattooed.
This baby: https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1424561_554611221281675_569419858_n.jpg
The lion I already have is called Victor. He passed away last year, but he lived in the Zoo of antwerp. The little guy on the picture is his son, Nestor. When Nestor is an adult (in a few months he'll have his full mane), I'm gonna get his pic tattooed on my arm :D So I have father and son both on my body~

Now you guys! Hey and Nage, post yours again, with a bigass description of the meanings and stuff :D I'm so curious! ~~ 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:42:05 AM by devilsrondo »

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:33:49 AM
Awesome tattoos, I love the dragon you have and the lion you'll be getting, too. :)

Ouroboros. It's a Greek symbol of recreating and cyclicacity. In the shape of infinity it means that the time spins in circule and in every moment there's present, past and future.
Apart from all this, I got it because it's a book cover of the last novel in my favourite saga about the Witcher and a girl named Ciri. (You may know Witcher as an RPG game.) Anyway, this is the cover: http://carodej.wu.cz/pani%20jezera.gif

The dragons are from another book cover. Robin Hobb - The Tawny Man III: Fool's Fate: http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/data/media/31/FoolsFate-paperback-port.jpg John Howe illustrated this and I just love his art. You may know him as the guy behind the Lord of the Rings design - he designed stuff for the films, as well as illustrated the newer editions. On top of that, I just love dragons... and I love that book along with the rest of this trilogy and Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy.

---> I think the tatoo artist did a very poor job capturing those dragons so I plan to go to a different one and get them re-done. Or perhaps to the woman who did my Ouroboros. Not sure yet.

Aaaand, that's it for now. I will get more stuff tattooed but it costs a lot of money... ;_;

May X be with you!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:15:29 PM
It's so cool that your tattoos are both related to books!! :DD
As for the two dragons, just wait till the lines are a bit faded, then another tattoo artist can definitely re-do the detailing :) Just have a good long talk with the artist about this shit, some are better at cover-ups than others.
Good luck!! I still think it looks badass though XD

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:17 AM
Yeah, I don't like the mountain bits she did. people seem to think it's fire... D: While the dragon fight/mating/whatever they were doing there (I forgot) was in cold icy mountains! lol

Thank you. Your tattoos are fantastic too! How much did you pay for them?

May X be with you!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 07:35:35 PM
Thank you. Your tattoos are fantastic too! How much did you pay for them?

I happen to have a really awesome tattoo artist, who always charges me a lot less than other costumers :) The lion was only 120, the A was 75 (minimum price), the hanya mask and taiji tribute together was 150 (first he charged 120, but I insisted on paying more cause they were so good XD), and the dragon, I don't remember, I think 200 or something. That was quite special, cause he worked on it for FIVE hours. The usual charge for a job like that would be 500euro, but he said: "don't worry about it, at first I thought it was going to be only 2 hours, but I changed my mind last minute and used a more traditional tattoo technique. So you couldn't help it."
XDDD So there. I am very lucky!!

How about yours?

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 09:05:26 PM
Cool. The Ouroboros was a friend's friend and it was done in her living since she wasn't working in a studio at that time (had a small kid at home). That was just £80. And the dragons were in a studio by another artist: £200. Funny how the cheaper artist did a better job. I'll see if I can go to her next. But if her kid is around, I will not. That little bastard was moving my chair WHILE she was getting the ink in my skin!!!! And she didn't even do anything about it.

May X be with you!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 10:07:07 PM

Got my second lion last week :) It's the son of the lion on my back:

The family is complete~ - For now! :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:28:42 AM
we should bring this thread back to life! Let me look up pictures of my inks.

@devilsrondo, you still around this forum, buddy? come baaaaaack.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:39:36 AM
we should bring this thread back to life! Let me look up pictures of my inks.

@devilsrondo, you still around this forum, buddy? come baaaaaack.
Nice idea.

nb-chan has some ink on his arm, too. Maybe he wants to share his as well.  ;D

@nb: do you? ^^

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:52 PM
OK,

but you can see it every day anyway  :P

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 09:52:15 PM
Hey nb!
Wow! your ink looks awesome, and very complicated.  ;)
I looked at it for some minutes and try to figure out what it is..
Is there any special meaning?

(by the way, I will be in London the coming Sunday/Monday and will stay at the same hotel as in last March. For sure
I will remember our good time at the concert.... ;D)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:56 AM
Hey nb!
Wow! your ink looks awesome, and very complicated.  ;)
I looked at it for some minutes and try to figure out what it is..
Is there any special meaning?

Kinda. It should look like I am a cyborg and have a serious accident or fight behind me. I was inspired by the Anime Armitage III and 80s action movies.

(by the way, I will be in London the coming Sunday/Monday and will stay at the same hotel as in last March. For sure
I will remember our good time at the concert.... ;D)

Oh yes, it was so awesome. We bought tickets four you and you gave us the money but we didn't know each other ^^ It was so much fun.

positively unsure。