• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Classical Performances 2014

mC · 9406

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: January 30, 2014, 12:23:42 AM
Dates for Yoshiki Classical performances have started popping up around the web, with tickets also going on sale. By the looks of it, there are going to be quite a few Classical concerts happening during the first half of the year, so I thought I would create a topic that consolidates all of these performances into one thread.

As has been mentioned on Xplosion Online, tickets have started going on sale, as well as the announcement of future concert dates. Although there hasn't been any official word from Yoshiki himself in any social media (as of 30th Jan) relating to particulars, with ticket sales going ahead, you can be sure these dates are solid.

Based on all the dates I am assuming a set up like the Grammy Museum one last year, with Yoshiki on piano and a string ensemble. I feel it would be too costly to travel with an entire orchestra. He could organise the local orchestras to accompany him, but with the dates below, I don't think there would be much time to practice with each one?

So far, the concerts are as follows:

LA, 19th February

Setlist:
1. Forever Love
2. Golden Globe Theme
3. Red Rhapsody (Violet UK)
4. I.V.
5. Art of Life
6. Endless Rain
Austin, 14th March *Part of SXSW* (Include a X Japan announcement!)
Costa Mesa, April 25th
San Francisco, 28th April
Mexico, 1st May
Toronto, 10th May
Moscow, May 21st
Berlin, May 23rd
Paris, May 26th
London, May 29th
Shanghai, 6th June
Beijing, 8th June

I will update the list as more dates and news are announced and, when the concerts occur, will try and round up as much footage / info of the nights as possible.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:34:26 AM by mC »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
*Yawn* wake me up when he has the balls to do X Japan properly.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:32:47 PM
I'm curious what the concerts will actually be like… Hopefully there will be more information and official statements soon. >_<

Is anyone of you guys planning to go to one of the concerts?
I got my ticket for Berlin, but so far almost none I know is going - and noone from X Freaks at all.
What the hell? :(

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:24 PM
Looking forward to the London one! :3

May X be with you!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:35:09 PM
If I could go to any one of them I would buy tickets the moment they went on sale! XD

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 08:21:09 PM
Haha, I am really feeling sorry for you mC >_<

And so far, everyone if going to the London concert (aside of the french guys who obviously go to Paris. Booooooo.... :'(

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:10 PM
Although the news is a few days old, those that are able to attend the Grammy Museum concert on the 19th of February, you can go in the draw to win tickets at this address: http://yoshiki.socialtoaster.com/

If not, sign up anyway! You can go in the draw to win CDs, an interview on Skype with Yoshiki or a pair of his new SOUL headphones!... (It's a point system, and the competition looks rough! XD)

Either way, supposedly Yoshiki's Social Toaster page is meant to be another way to get exclusive information...we will see.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:55:05 PM
An eighth date has been included for the Yoshiki Classical tour, Costa Mesa! ...Between you and me, I never knew there was a Costa Mesa in California XD

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:02:18 PM
It has just been announced that Yoshiki's first performance of his classical tour, in L.A., is going to be streamed live online! :) This is also the performance where he is going to be making a special announcement...hopefully about X! The time of the show is 8-10pm in L.A., so go here, http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html, to get your time! The stream links are below:

http://www.ustream.tv/yoshiki
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/yoshikiofficial

P.S. Apparently Stan Lee is hosting the performance?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:14:38 PM by mC »

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 04:44:03 AM
He told one of the press there that he has a big announcement about X Japan to reveal at SXSW next month.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:59:14 AM
Yup! I think tonight's announcement is about the two shows in China for Yoshiki Classical? Perhaps some more dates as well as apparently this is only the first part of his classical tour...

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:46:47 AM
Yup! I think tonight's announcement is about the two shows in China for Yoshiki Classical? Perhaps some more dates as well as apparently this is only the first part of his classical tour...

Sounds like he just kinda spoiled the X announcement lol. Apparently they'll be doing a show soon. Violet UK isn't dead either apparently.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 06:09:45 AM

Sounds like he just kinda spoiled the X announcement lol. Apparently they'll be doing a show soon. Violet UK isn't dead either apparently.
Yea I was confused about that! You hear him say something about a X show in March?...Cause that's what I heard...but when I think about it, I think he means he will announce something at the SXSW show in March?...and yea...that's a unheard VUK song right?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:07 PM
Uh, I also understoon that he'll announce soemthing about X in March - and on his Twitter he said:
Quote from: Yocchan
To answer your question.. Yes, #Xjapan is more important than my life!! Wait for another announcement on 3/14th!!

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 06:31:51 PM
Uh, I also understoon that he'll announce soemthing about X in March - and on his Twitter he said:
To answer your question.. Yes, #Xjapan is more important than my life!! Wait for another announcement on 3/14th!!

More wax figures? I can't wait!

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:01 PM

More wax figures? I can't wait!

LOL! Maybe they will be announcing that they have completed the Toshi one XD

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Yoshiki will finally come out of the closet!! :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 08:09:08 PM
Yoshiki will finally come out of the closet!! :D
Hahaha XD "X" related XD You know, actually when he was introducing his tour manager for the Classical Tour, I thought he said "he has been my boyfriend for a long time"!...turned out it was best friend, my bad :P

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 03:30:40 PM
The fact he's coming back to Toronto is really awesome for me since I live just outside the city but I'm hesitant to go and pay $75 for a drawn-out, likely only 6 song set list, that I've heard in better format when X Japan came here. If the SXSW announcement is disappointing, I don't know what kind of hope I will have left for this band...it's quite sad. This whole classical tour just lacks substance in my opinion. It's typical Yoshiki making a HUGE deal over something mediocre.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 09:33:38 PM
Yea...I think he said that the Grammy Museum performance was going to be an example of what to expect on the tour so I was expecting a lot more than the set they played...but I am sure that there will be a lot less talking in his tour performances, and at least double the pieces played.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 06:09:12 PM
...but I am sure that there will be a lot less talking in his tour performances, and at least double the pieces played.

Definitly! The Grammy Museum this was just something like a movie trailer... And actually it was a lot better than what I was fearing we'd get to see there. LOL

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 05:50:03 PM

Yea I was confused about that! You hear him say something about a X show in March?...Cause that's what I heard...but when I think about it, I think he means he will announce something at the SXSW show in March?...and yea...that's a unheard VUK song right?

So...today's the day, right? X announcement today? Anyone want to take bets on how disappointed we'll be? :) Our own faults, of course. But still, that hope...

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:34 AM
maybe.. because yoshiki will perform at sxsw soon and hope he will announced something.. SMALL hope hahaha

Ex denxdenx

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 07:02:50 PM
Well, I don't know if any X news was announced, but Yoshiki had a piano duel against a hologram at himself there apparently.  Here's a picture of it, though no video has come out that I know of. http://s.okmusic.jp/news_images/images/120959/original.jpg?1394936812

Here's the only video of him performing there so far:

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 03:22:24 PM
Some more videos were posted.

Endless Rain: (He mentions a big X Japan show in America in October during the intro!)

Forever Love:

And a bunch of tiny clips of the hologram (He's playing Art of Life):

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 10:21:40 AM
(Back from holidays, yay....! )

So apparently there were finally concerts in JAPAN added to the list!!! :)
I'm pretty happy he is finally doing a real concert there!
(Was was really feeling sorry for the japanese fans.....)

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 06:11:07 AM
Yoshiki just posted this!

"‪#‎Vocalist‬ ToshI from ‪#‎Xjapan‬ will join me in ‪#‎SanFrancisco‬ 4/28!! ‪#‎YoshikiClassical‬!! http://www.yoshiki.net/tour.php ‪#‎サンフランシスコ‬ 公演 ‪#‎ToshI‬ もゲストVoで参加決定!! ‪#‎本家本元‬ ‪#‎WeAreX‬!!!"

Pretty big news, it'll be interesting to see how Toshi's voice is holding up.

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 05:20:50 AM
Yoshiki + Sugizo (special guest) duet - Tears @ Yoshiki Classical World Tour Costa Mesa

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 06:20:51 AM
^ Thanks! The same person has also uploaded the first ever performance of Hero.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H3UtQO9hFg[/youtube]

Next concert up is San Francisco tonight with Toshi as guest vocalist! Some great videos should come out from that! :)