• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Seriously, what the fuck?

axlroseX · 18430

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 06:28:04 AM
It actually sounds like he's doubting whether he should release it at all...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:46 AM
Fucking sad...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 06:42:28 AM
Hmmm....yea... XD

Ba-DiL over at X Boards posted that a message from Yoshki Mobile in Japan said that they are in talks with management over whether the album should be a digital only release or physical release, how many songs it should have on it and the length etc....seems like there are some disagreements happening?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 03:52:51 PM
Yes that message frustrated me even more. It's like he waits for years and years and finally tries to involve us in the release of the album, yet HOW are we supposed to know if it fits in this era when we know virtually nothing about the album....he sure is a genius sometimes............

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 04:00:51 PM
I really hope it isnt just digital, that's be very disappointing. Although at this point it'd also be disappointing if it isn't all new songs too

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 09:08:34 PM
"-If I release the songs today, does the Album style fit in this era?"

Can't say, but I can tell you Jade and Born to be free don't fit in the heavy metal genre.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 10:53:33 PM
Well, I cant take him seriously. Blaming Sugizo for everything, firing Sugizo...I wonder where he read that.

Says the first guy who blamed Sugizo for the bad band phase.

Where I read people complaining about Sugizo? I got three threads with 10 seconds of the miracle of technology, the search tool.

1-http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6626.0
2-http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6046.0
3-http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6905.0

Good night.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:11 AM
New tweet from Yoshiki:

"We were supposed to do a press conference in Tokyo tomorrow, but we had to postpone it, due to circumstance."

Hmmm...I guess that was the conference mentioned last month...this doesn't sound very good at all...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:40 PM
Yoshiki's flight was cancelled due to bad weather, AFAIK.

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 04:55:01 PM
@ Joker

This guy even created a topic a long time ago about how better would be if Yoshiki fired Sugizo and put Panther in his place.

With "this guy" you're referring to me so I I'll discard the first topic you sent. In the second topic I never mentioned anything about firing Sugizo. I even said Sugizo is a good guitarist for the kind of music they make now. I did say that I think his guitar playing & sound is a bit crappy and Panther is technically much better but that's pretty hard to deny. The topic wasn't really meant as an attack on Sugizo but more like..multiple guitarists would originally play hide's guitar parts, weren't there any other (perhaps better) options besides Sugizo? In the third topic Ulquiorra is blaming Sugizo for delays and I'm actually defending Sugizo saying that it's probably not the case but perhaps in the near future it might be..

What is clear is that you're exaggerating a lot telling he's getting blamed for everything -.-'
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:01:15 PM by Wick »

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:42 PM
I think "blaming" is completely the wrong word here as I had no problem with Sugizo wanting to tour with Luna Sea last year whether it delayed the band or not (and it turned out to be yoshiki's fault for not discussing anything with the band anyway) because it's his main band, but even then I thought the album should've been out be the end of 2011 so I still felt yoshiki was to blame.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:16:20 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 05:53:17 PM
Ow sorry, Sugizo was causing the delays then :P

but nvm, pointless discussion anyway. Not very recent topics.

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 11:45:53 AM
No, yoshiki was causing the delays, you misunderstood my post. XD

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:07 AM
Ow sorry, Sugizo was causing the delays then :P

but nvm, pointless discussion anyway. Not very recent topics.

I don't think Sugizo was causing the delays. I was in contact with X Japan's publicist and they told me that the plan was the release the album and then have a tour to support it. So it would not have made a difference if Sugizo did his Luna Sea activities or not. It's still Yoshiki just being Yoshiki.....

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:09 PM
*sigh* sorry this is getting quite confusing hehe

Quote from Ulquiorra: (call it whatever you want)
because I've realized its pretty obvious that Sugizo's been busy with Luna Sea, and that's why the band can't do live shows and Yoshiki is probably taking extra time with the album because he'd rather release it when they're able to do live tours to support it.

Now let's talk about the fantastic new album X Japan will be releasing...

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 02:47:36 AM
Yeah at the time, before I realised it was yoshiki not talking to any of the other band members, I thought Sugizo being on tour with Luna Sea was causing the delay, I was simply pointing out that using the word "blame" is a bit strong a word to use because I wasn't pissed off at Sugizo or anything for it in the slightest.

Hopefully that's cleared it all up, and I agree, back to this "album". I've basically lost any excitement/interest in it, we still don't know if there's major production issues going on with the drums, not looking forward to Toshi's rerecorded vocals on songs that require a raspy metal voice like X and Kurenai, (because of his recent stupid comments about his voice, and what he intends to do singing from now on) and the new songs just sound like yoshiki's reusing the music style from Violet UK when you listen to the vocal lines and the background symphonic music together, instead of realising and treating X Japan as (DUH!) THE BAND, and an entirely separate genre of music, and keeping alive X-Japan's unique sound it always used to have. Without You as an X-Japan ballad is the only song that keeps part of the band's uniqueness and what we remember of them alive in their new stuff.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:05:24 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 03:25:20 AM
Hmmm, I can't say I have lost interest in the new album...I've just come to the point where I don't expect anything from them anymore. At the end of 1997, they had great music and an awesome musical history. 2008 onwards has basically been like they have just thrown together some reunion concerts, and chucked in a couple of new songs. And at the moment, I don't really see it going any further than that in the near future for whatever reasons.

I agree that Without You is the only song out of the new ones that have X Japan's old sound in it, but I still like the new ones they have done. As for Toshi's voice...I think that if he really wanted to he could do a mixture of is raspy voice from Blue Blood days (I think endless rain sounds best with his raspy voice) and the clearer vocals he has done since. An example is the performance of Blue Blood they did in 08~09 countdown gig. Back his vocals weren't in top shape and there was a bit of "screaming" but other than that, it was great!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:14 AM
wow, well into april and we have nothing. SHOCKING

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 03:59:19 PM
wow, well into april and we have nothing. SHOCKING

I will be shock if there's something.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:01 AM
Honestly speaking, I'm on the boat with a lot of you guys: I'm not expecting a damn thing from X Japan anymore.

If they release something, that's cool. If they break up, whatever. I'm not going to lie though, I'll still be really sad if everything does end. . .

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 06:14:52 PM
Been a fan for about 15 years, am still a fan today.

Thing about X-Japan is that you shouldn't expect or wait for anything to happen. I love the songs they have released in the past, which I regularly ejoy.. And once every few months I check up on developments, which are non existant most of the time.. lol.

Just enjoy the music :)