• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Do something about this forum

Feudal · 15242

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: April 27, 2012, 03:47:22 PM
I can't believe how badly spammers have ruined this forum/community. Admins, whoever you are, please do something about this. I used to look forward to checking X-Freaks almost daily for news/input...but now it's become a joke. Does anyone care anymore?

Offline ZoinX

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:40:11 PM
I agree... This is ridiculus.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:38:20 PM
Maybe we need different Admins now.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:30:26 PM
I agree
here is having a lot of fakes

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:18:29 PM
Agreed, some work has to be done.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:47:05 PM
Yeah, the forum is cool, it's the only place *or one of very few* where I check all the info about X regularly. But recently it's became uncomfortable to do this because of all the stupid spammers\spam bots -_- Please, do something ._.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:06:09 PM
OK If an owner, moderator, or SOMEONE with power on this forum sees this, can you please respond? I am willing to take this forum over and maintain it if no one else will. This was at one point the best X Japan forum for talking about the band, and now it's become a pit of phishing scams and ads. Let me turn this around, let me help.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 08:43:56 AM
Hello everyone!

I agree, this forum has gone down. Mainly because I wasn't around (see this thread) for a year, but now I'm back. Thank you everyone who kept through these times and hasn't left!

By now it is pretty clear that this version of the forum is quite bad - despite several security measures, tons of bots register every day. I have tried to update the forum software, but since I'm not that good at it and these things never work as they should, I haven't managed to do it yet. So, my idea right now is that I might close this version, keep it as a kind of an archive, and then open up a new one, looking quite the same I guess, from a clean slate. It should be possible to transfer all the members, so you won't have to register again.

If anyone else has ideas, suggestions for the new version, what software to use, whatever, then feel free to tell me here or by email. I will temporarily close registration for new members, so there shouldn't be many spambots popping up any more.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06:37 PM
I think that is a great idea, Hypno. Definitely keep this place as an archive and let's start fresh in a more up-to-date system. I think it can definitely bring this community back to life. If at all possible, a mass e-mail to all real members about the forum change and restart for the better should bring lots of people back.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 03:54:50 PM
Great to see you back Hypno

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:59 PM
Good to have you back Hypno! We missed ya  :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 01:04:10 AM
Yea, I think a new version of the forum with an archive of this one is a good idea too. And hopefully it will coincide with some activity from the band themselves :D

And I think that perhaps there are a lot of users, like myself, who are still checking the forum a couple of times a week but don't show any activity because of the lack of band news / releases etc?

I'm still loyal! :P

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 12:30:46 PM
Hypno can you do something about those nasty fangirls like miscast dice and her dwarfs?
Because of them i stop posting on here.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:46:56 AM
Just a quick update - I finished working on the new forum a while ago, but I haven't done the switch yet, because I haven't managed to get the XFF theme to work on the new software, and Astrid , who created the theme, has been really busy recently. Hopefully she can fix it up soon (it shouldn't take long once she has some time).

Unless someone else here knows CSS and such, and is willing to help out :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:08 PM
Hypno can you do something about those nasty fangirls like miscast dice and her dwarfs?
Because of them i stop posting on here.

MiscastDice wasn´t active here for more than a year, nor will he come back soon. So, Anna, relaxe and be active again :)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:52:40 PM
It would be so great if the forum would be like it was last year at this time, a great place to share thoughts and ideas and experiences with ppl, who love the same music.
Hypno, nice to have you back, if any help is needed, feel free to ask, if I can do anything, I will

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 08:38:07 PM
I've been lurking, reading new comments when they come up, almost on the Virge of thinking this band's pretty much dead to me. But after reading Sugizo's latest blog posts I'm taking back what I said about 'if X don't do lives/album during this year I'm not going to listen or follow them anymore, because I've realized its pretty obvious that Sugizo's been busy with Luna Sea, and that's why the band can't do live shows and Yoshiki is probably taking extra time with the album because he'd rather release it when they're able to do live tours to support it.

An album with half its songs already in existence should've already been done long before Sugizo got caught up with something else, but still I'm feeling a little better about things now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:40:44 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:05 PM
this album for me
will be released
  at the end of the year
is a new tour
  now 2013

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 08:28:16 AM
As always we'll have to see if X Japan shall stick to their plans. I agree with Ulquiorra that it's not worth following. It can be dissapointing and there just isn't much to follow. But why stop listening to them.. what they do now hasn't got a big influence for me on the way I think about X Japan before their reunion. It's fun there's atleast some activity and hopefully Yoshiki will make another good song once. Just don't have high expectations :P

I don't know if Sugizo is the main reason for X Japan not releasing an album or doing a tour..I think it's quite normal for X Japan postponing things and I think Yoshiki with all his side projects also has a big part in it. As for Sugizo, I've devoted a whole topic on his guitar playing and who I would like to see instead of him. Ofcourse X Japan comes in second place for Sugizo and if Luna Sea is quite active it will have an effect on the role of Sugizo in X Japan. I still wonder how big that role for Sugizo is at the moment. Even before X Japan stopped in 1997 many bandmembers had solo projects.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:30:35 AM by Wick »

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:51 PM
As always we'll have to see if X Japan shall stick to their plans. I agree with Ulquiorra that it's not worth following. It can be dissapointing and there just isn't much to follow. But why stop listening to them.. what they do now hasn't got a big influence for me on the way I think about X Japan before their reunion. It's fun there's atleast some activity and hopefully Yoshiki will make another good song once. Just don't have high expectations :P

I don't know if Sugizo is the main reason for X Japan not releasing an album or doing a tour..I think it's quite normal for X Japan postponing things and I think Yoshiki with all his side projects also has a big part in it. As for Sugizo, I've devoted a whole topic on his guitar playing and who I would like to see instead of him. Ofcourse X Japan comes in second place for Sugizo and if Luna Sea is quite active it will have an effect on the role of Sugizo in X Japan. I still wonder how big that role for Sugizo is at the moment. Even before X Japan stopped in 1997 many bandmembers had solo projects.

Apart your Sugizo dislike (I remember your other topic), I think Sugizo is nothing related to the X pause. As he is the only one who said anything about X in months. Few days ago, he posted on Facebook that X will probably be active again in 2013, and he was only waiting for Yoshiki to do something. BTW, I see Sugizo as the only one who tries to make something different on X.

All of them have sideprojects, but I think Sugizo isn't "guilty" for this, but Yoshiki with his centralized power (only him can do or decide anything) and lack of focus.

Did anybody hear anything about ToshI this whole year? Every time he has any crises (like the Masaya stuff), X can be in danger again, like was in 2009.

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:23 AM
I don't follow Sugizo on facebook but denx posted an interview of him a few weeks ago and yes, Sugizo says he's waiting for a decision from Yoshiki but more like he won't have any time for X Japan if Yoshiki doesn't take action soon.. So perhaps Sugizo hasn't got anything to do with this pause but if X Japan is planning some future activity, it looks like Sugizo will have some influence on that (unless they hire a new guitarist ;) ).

sugizo latest interview
Of course, you will also take part in many projects as a solo artist in the future. Can you give us a quick overview of your future plans?

This month I’m going to be active as a solo artist; I’m going to devote my entire spirit to the tour with System 7 and my show at Akasaka Blitz. At the same time, I’m at the climax of DVD production work for my show last year at Zepp. I need to get that done this month. Starting next month I’ve got to concentrate on the LUNA SEA tour, which is going to be the centerpiece of the latter half of the year. I also think that X JAPAN will be active starting from next year, but I need to get YOSHIKI to make a decision as soon as possible (laughs). It sounds like Juno will be playing in Japan early next year. There might be a European tour at the end of this year as well, so it’s going to be a bit difficult to coordinate things with LUNA SEA… In any case, I’m going to feel like I’m constantly in the midst of a storm.

so here we go, no XJapan this year

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 11:09:14 PM
Well, I'm still 140% sure that Yoshiki won't hire a new guitarist. Sugizo was the best choose he could do to fit the empty spot.
The point is: Sugizo doesn't want to be stopped waiting for Yoshiki's laziness to do anything beside being an american sub-popstar. As Pata is also doing tours and recording with Ra:IN.

I will never understand people who wants to blame Sugizo for all band's problems.

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:42 AM
I will never understand people who wants to blame Sugizo for all band's problems.

Ow I atleast don't do that. Yoshiki has the biggest role in X Japan and he's too busy with other projects like Violet UK etc. I understand Sugizo and I also don't think Yoshiki would hire a different guitarist but he's not the only one to decide. Perhaps Sugizo won't have any time when X Japan is planning something and decides for himself. (Damn speculations..X needs to take some action hehe)

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 04:00:45 PM
You guys are certainly on the right train of thought. I've felt for a while that the decline in X's activity is entirely because of Yoshiki. It's a damn shame that he is acting the way he is. Sugizo is the best thing to happen to X Japan SINCE the reunion in my opinion, and for Yoshiki to use him like this is wrong. Yoshiki is a disgrace to me right now...he generates so much hype, wins a Golden God award...promises the album SO many times and what are we left with? A freaking Violet UK announcement. I wish I was the rich person who won the dinner with Yoshiki; I'd spend the entire time lecturing him about how to treat his fans and his band mates.

Offline andy.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 09:22:38 PM
You guys are certainly on the right train of thought. I've felt for a while that the decline in X's activity is entirely because of Yoshiki. It's a damn shame that he is acting the way he is. Sugizo is the best thing to happen to X Japan SINCE the reunion in my opinion, and for Yoshiki to use him like this is wrong. Yoshiki is a disgrace to me right now...he generates so much hype, wins a Golden God award...promises the album SO many times and what are we left with? A freaking Violet UK announcement. I wish I was the rich person who won the dinner with Yoshiki; I'd spend the entire time lecturing him about how to treat his fans and his band mates.

word. you bring it to the point.
this is the best description for X which i've read since a long time.

"the language barrier doesn't exist in great music."

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:42 PM

I also agree completely. As far as I can tell, the only hold up with X is Yoshiki. Hopefully Sugizo can see nothing is going to be happening for the rest of this year and probably early next year at least, and he concentrates on Luna Sea and his own work. At least they have done their reunion right so far...

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 09:03:17 PM

I also agree completely. As far as I can tell, the only hold up with X is Yoshiki. Hopefully Sugizo can see nothing is going to be happening for the rest of this year and probably early next year at least, and he concentrates on Luna Sea and his own work. At least they have done their reunion right so far...

Yes! I'm glad to see I'm not alone feeling this way.

I've been a die hard fan of X for well over 18 years now and for the first time I'm feeling that unconditional/irrational respect for the band fade away. They've made us wait plenty of time sure but the current circumstance is by far the most ridiculous.

What kind of strategy is this ?! Re-Band out of nowhere in 2008, tour, tour in 2009, few shows in 2010? I believe that's it ? A few new songs but all singles that were far from masterpieces.  Promises of an album yet to be fullfiled - 0 update what so ever. Meanwhile you have Yoshiki posting random pics with even more random comments, seemingly "working hard" ?!? What is keeping them from publishing their god damn best of album ? We already know that most if not all the content is based on already existing song.. nothing new besides maybe what.. a song ?? What happened to the 2nd world tour ? It will soon be 5 years since the band reunited and look at what they've accomplished :( Pretty shitty if you ask me.

For a moment I almost believed in all that crap. I thought it was so cool to have them back. Sure the new material wasn't stellar and their live performances were uneven at best but hell we had X-Japan playing on stage and working on new material, giving interviews, seriously attempting to rock the American market - big stuff ! Failed attempt...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 06:42:37 AM
^ Yea I think me and a lot of other people feel exactly the way you do...

But for now...I'm starting to get more into Luna Sea, especailly since they have actually been doing things XD Enjoyed The One a lot and have always liked their earlier work. Looking forward to the new single in December!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 08:08:25 PM

It will soon be 5 years since the band reunited and look at what they've accomplished :( Pretty shitty if you ask me.

It has been five years, their first show may have been 2008, but they made I.V and the music video in late 2007 remember.

Offline Rodimus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 01:06:03 AM
I read recently yoshiki has completely thrown away completed songs. It may be due to him wanting this to be perfect. And so it has been taking forever. He keeps saying they will have a world tour on weibo. And he always posts pics saying he is recording rock songs. It does suck when an album was slated for 2011 and its now half way through 2013. It made me lose interest too. However. I hope and pray that when it is released it is close to perfection (with awesome guitar solos too). They need to go all out. Once he gets this album done and stops throwing songs away. They can truly try to enter the western markets . I am going to remain an optimist but I feel everyone's pain