• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

London Concert 2017, anyone?

magucathy · 39787

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: March 07, 2017, 12:51:59 AM
Here is link to download the X japan wembley concert :)

https://mega.nz/#!U9FUnKJb!hnD7LY8gjfbcPmt8pNR6gz5k9md1Ob1k8psdg6plwUI

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: March 07, 2017, 12:23:34 PM
The concert was absolutely fantastic. There was this really annoying Japanese girl behind us who just kept screaming 'X' for the entire duration of the intermissions, with metronomic-like rhythm. But. because she couldn't pronounce it correctly, it just sounded like she was a big fan of eggs, and disappointed that none were sold at the venue.

As for the comments on people who were 'quiet'. I think it is totally appropriate for people to enjoy a concert in their own way. Not everyone is a raging extravert who has to let other people know they're having an amazing time.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #182 on: March 07, 2017, 01:31:30 PM
As for the comments on people who were 'quiet'. I think it is totally appropriate for people to enjoy a concert in their own way.

Perhaps these people do not have the kind of pain I am currently experiencing. My neck still hurts badly from headbanging ...

positively unsure。

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: March 07, 2017, 02:27:49 PM
Haha, the worst part for me is the shoulders after all those X-arms!

But WOW, what a fantastic show! I was sort of afraid that they wouldn't be as good as I'd hyped them up to be in my head. I also had this fear that because they showed the movie, the concert would be shorter. But they absolutely delivered well above my expectations!

I was crying all the way through Rusty Nail and I didn't really regain my composure until much later (finally I know how Bieber fans feel). I am not a huge fan of the new songs, so when Kurenai started I was so fucking pumped to start rocking. I had no idea that Art of Life was a thing on their recent setlists so when I heard Yoshiki start playing it I couldn't believe my ears. The Bowie tributs felt really genuine and I loved the talk between the songs. It was awesome to finally understand what they had to say on stage, after viewing so many recordings from Japanese concerts!

I noticed there were A LOT of Japanese fans at Wembley, does anyone have any idea if they had traveled there from Japan or if there's a big Japanese community in the UK?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:38:20 PM by MillieQOF »

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #184 on: March 07, 2017, 05:00:31 PM
As for the comments on people who were 'quiet'. I think it is totally appropriate for people to enjoy a concert in their own way.

Perhaps these people do not have the kind of pain I am currently experiencing. My neck still hurts badly from headbanging ...
The funny thing is... I'm usually a very quiet person as well. But if I get the opportunity (and the concert was just perfect for that) to let out all my emotions I gladly take that chance. ;-) Still that guy next to magucathy (even if he was an introvert) not even clapping his hands once is kinda creepy. But yes he is most likely physically well. :D Unlike some other people. ^^

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: March 07, 2017, 07:48:25 PM

Next time, We should exercise the headbanging prior the concert. LOL

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: March 07, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
Haha, the worst part for me is the shoulders after all those X-arms!

But WOW, what a fantastic show! I was sort of afraid that they wouldn't be as good as I'd hyped them up to be in my head. I also had this fear that because they showed the movie, the concert would be shorter. But they absolutely delivered well above my expectations!

I was crying all the way through Rusty Nail and I didn't really regain my composure until much later (finally I know how Bieber fans feel). I am not a huge fan of the new songs, so when Kurenai started I was so fucking pumped to start rocking. I had no idea that Art of Life was a thing on their recent setlists so when I heard Yoshiki start playing it I couldn't believe my ears. The Bowie tributs felt really genuine and I loved the talk between the songs. It was awesome to finally understand what they had to say on stage, after viewing so many recordings from Japanese concerts!

I noticed there were A LOT of Japanese fans at Wembley, does anyone have any idea if they had traveled there from Japan or if there's a big Japanese community in the UK?

Going to X Japan's concert is like a workout.  You don't know which muscles you have pulled until it's too late!

I am positively surprised that they have played more songs than I have expected. Maybe it's kind of a *sorry* for cancelling the concert last year?

You were not the only person who cried through the first few songs. I totally understand that emotion ran through your whole body when you saw them. Actually, the first time I saw them in Hong Kong, I could hardly believe that I was seeing them live. (I am a fan since over 28 years!) I was stunned and had some tears in my eyes.

I would say most of the Japanese fans are those die hard fans flying the whole way from Japan to see them.
in fact, I recongised a middle aged Japanese lady whom I have seen in the past 3 concerts I have been. (2 times in Hong Kong and 1 time in Berlin)

Offline Babak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:44 PM
Amazing to see the show again, especially in such fantastic quality... brings back so many memories! I actually caught one of Yoshiki's drumsticks (which is sorta cool!), but another girl kind of dived in between my legs from behind and grabbed it too, so we were caught in a clinch for a short moment. However, I'm not too much for having a drumstick laying around at home, so I let her have it. ;D

Of course, as I feared, I managed to get stuck on camera too  ::) I guess that goes with sitting near the stage AND at the very edge of the block  :)

I love how all the conversations that took place on stage felt kind of... unplanned. Added a really lovely comical touch to the whole show, especially the Say Anything-incident.  ;D We Are X was great too, I had high expectations but was still impressed. At times, it felt sort of rushed, but I'm guessing that's a result from the "deleted scenes"-thing (which, as some people here noted, amusingly could be interpreted as "some scenes are deleted", haha! ;D) I'm so looking forward to see the full thing!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:06:36 PM by Babak »

Offline tm22uk

• View Profile
Reply #188 on: March 08, 2017, 02:20:25 PM
Amazing to see the show again, especially in such fantastic quality... brings back so many memories! I actually caught one of Yoshiki's drumsticks (which is sorta cool!), but another girl kind of dived in between my legs from behind and grabbed it too, so we were caught in a clinch for a short moment. However, I'm not too much for having a drumstick laying around at home, so I let her have it. ;D

Of course, as I feared, I managed to get stuck on camera too  ::) I guess that goes with sitting near the stage AND at the very edge of the block  :)

I love how all the conversations that took place on stage felt kind of... unplanned. Added a really lovely comical touch to the whole show, especially the Say Anything-incident.  ;D We Are X was great too, I had high expectations but was still impressed. At times, it felt sort of rushed, but I'm guessing that's a result from the "deleted scenes"-thing (which, as some people here noted, amusingly could be interpreted as "some scenes are deleted", haha! ;D) I'm so looking forward to see the full thing!

I agree, the onstage banter between Yoshiki and Toshi was very amusing and much of it didn't feel rehearsed at all.
Remember when they started with "Kiss The Sky"? That was hilarious. And the dialogue of them talking about the new album (99 % finished - honest...), too funny.
It felt like they were doing a talk show in the middle of the set...just great.

And probably not a consolation for others, but I, too, still have some neck and shoulder / arms pain from the repeated X - ritual and severe headbanging...
Worst of all though was a sore throat all Sunday from singing along too much. Good thing the seats left and right to me were vacant, they might have objected...

While I didn't expect to be disappointed, I had some small worries, but the whole event exceeded my expectations by far.
On every level!
Looking forward to watching the wowow broadcast coming weekend.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: March 08, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

positively unsure。

Offline CapitanAdamo

• View Profile
Reply #190 on: March 14, 2017, 10:31:20 PM
Now if only Yoshiki would release this and the MSG concert on Bluray, there could be something to tide us over until they finally start a full on world tour!

Haven't been able to stop rewatching parts of this concert every since the first copies leaked to the internet.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:33:55 PM by CapitanAdamo »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: March 15, 2017, 06:31:51 AM
Now if only Yoshiki would release this and the MSG concert on Bluray, there could be something to tide us over until they finally start a full on world tour!

or the new album  ::)

Haven't been able to stop rewatching parts of this concert every since the first copies leaked to the internet.

same.  :D

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #192 on: March 15, 2017, 12:55:47 PM

Yeah it would be great if X/Yoshiki released a concert DVD. Or anything really. It keeps the fans happy. :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #193 on: November 24, 2017, 12:31:21 PM

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: November 26, 2017, 12:06:28 AM
The wowow broadcast footage cut into songs on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/XJAPANLIVE/photos/a.1942811042623154.1073741829.1908663599371232/1996890890548502/?type=3&theater

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! Woooooo hoo!!!! Wonderful!

But - I don't know where to ask this and have done a search on the forum, who is TERU???  Singing Endless Rain with Yoshiki on keyboard in a clip on twitter.  I'm not sure where it was but it's current on there right now.  Who is this??

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:09 AM
OMG, the whole concert is there! Go down the menu on the right.  I am seeing a LOT of songs and started playing Jade, just now.  OMG!

Teemeah

Reply #196 on: November 26, 2017, 06:49:23 PM
The wowow broadcast footage cut into songs on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/XJAPANLIVE/photos/a.1942811042623154.1073741829.1908663599371232/1996890890548502/?type=3&theater

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! Woooooo hoo!!!! Wonderful!

But - I don't know where to ask this and have done a search on the forum, who is TERU???  Singing Endless Rain with Yoshiki on keyboard in a clip on twitter.  I'm not sure where it was but it's current on there right now.  Who is this??

Teru is Glay's vocalist (Wikipedia is a friend)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teru_(singer) :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: November 26, 2017, 09:37:45 PM
Is Teru going to take over for ToshI sometimes or eventually all the time? What have I missed?

Teemeah

Reply #198 on: November 26, 2017, 09:50:55 PM
Umm I am not sure what you mean by this. It's not like this is the first time Yoshiki collaborates with other artists for one-off perfomances of X songs. At halloween he performed Endless Rain with Hyde of L'Arc and Ciel. Don't sweat, he is not going to switch Toshi for anyone in X Japan. LOL :D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: November 26, 2017, 11:52:00 PM
OK, great.  What I saw was just a very short - maybe 1 minute clip or around that.  I didn't know where that was going as in, if the whole concert was done with Teru or what.  Sorry.  Hehehe. 

You know, ToshI's voice isn't quite what it used to be so this is why I was worried.

Teemeah

Reply #200 on: November 27, 2017, 09:26:55 AM
Replacing a dead member caused fans to stir up controversy, there are still fans who are mad at the inclusion of Sugizo, what do you think would happen if Toshi was replaced? :D Don't worry, Yoshiki will never do that. Toshi is THE VOICE of X japan, and exactly this is why they had to break the band up in 1997, because it was nearly impossible to find a new vocalist, all songs being arranged for Toshi's voice. I quite frankly don't like Teru or Hyde's renditions. I start itching. These songs only sound good with Toshi. :) I don't think his voice is any worse than it used to be. His vocal cords have been strained and his singing style changed, but he is pretty damn fine considering all the things he went through. I don't think there are any vocalists on this planet who sound exactly the same as 20 year olds and 50 years olds :D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: November 28, 2017, 03:56:41 AM
Toshi's voice sounded quite a bit like Steve Perry, back in the day.  I'm not the only one who has notice this.  But I love his voice and I have much respect for him.  Very much! I won't worry, then.  I will just sit here and enjoy listening to him.  He is a true prize.  :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: November 28, 2017, 03:58:38 AM
Replacing dead members of any popular or well known band always causes problems.  People still want the exact same thing they are used to.  It will never be and people have to learn to move on, as difficult as that is.  It's not the same for me without hide but it is what it is.  They're still X in my book and I love them.  ;)