X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

[DL] X Japan - Art Of Life (Without Piano Solo)

BizKiTRoAcH · 3658

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:32 AM
*links removed for security reasons*

Some might consider this a "crime" to alter such a song but eh. I didnt edit this myself but its a smooth transition anyway.

Some might think the piano solo in Art Of Life is a work of art, some say Yoshiki is releasing his emotions full on through this solo. Personally, I think its crap. All I can see and hear is a good start to the piano playing then Yoshiki randomly bashing on the piano and producing nothing but noise.

Either way, for those who agree with me and would like to listen to art of life without the piano solo in the middle, download this and enjoy :)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:45:03 AM
We all have different tastes  :wink:

Offline Azak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:44 PM
how can someone even think of removing the piano solo? its a huge part of the meaning of this song

to some people its just another song and random piano notes , to other its something far beyond that , hence the name art of life... the piano solo represents if i can recall someone who is struggling to be better in life but he fail sometimes ( note bashing ) until he finally makes it right , that when there other part comes and the lyrics change to breaking the walls and running to freedom etc...

url=http://userbars.org][/url]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 08:02:14 PM
For me it all depends on the mood. Sometimes I just wish they'd skip the piano part and keep on rockin', other times it's the best part of the song :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:08:48 PM
Quote from: "Azak"
how can someone even think of removing the piano solo? its a huge part of the meaning of this song

to some people its just another song and random piano notes , to other its something far beyond that , hence the name art of life... the piano solo represents if i can recall someone who is struggling to be better in life but he fail sometimes ( note bashing ) until he finally makes it right , that when there other part comes and the lyrics change to breaking the walls and running to freedom etc...

Dont get me wrong, I think Art of Life is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.. but I listen to music to enjoy music. I dont listen to it and try to find or experience any deep meanings behind the music/lyrics. I'm sure to millions, the piano solo inspires them to "make things right" and other stuff.. but I dont need inspiration. I want to sit down and enjoy good music.. and artisticly (is that a word?), its probably a masterpiece.. but musically, the piano solo is just not good.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:20:29 PM
Ok well. I think actually that the piano part is.. confusing most of the time (for other people like Lee). For Yoshiki theres a whole lot of meaning to the chaos. A string of notes just keep on going no matter what the opposite side throws around.. and I think that's what some people might find weird or irritating or confusing. But if you do manage to get through the piano, isn't it great to hear them get going again, like nothing happened. Maybe the song is meant to be visualized as well or something.

Well whatever.. everyone has his/her tastes. I can't really care for what someone else taste is and won't put in any effort to change it or comment on it :)

Total neutral-boy over here. (Sorry Lee, I can't have you force me to agree with you if I don't, lol)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: "xScQ"
Ok well. I think actually that the piano part is.. confusing most of the time (for other people like Lee).

Its not confusing for me. Like I said:

Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
artisticly (is that a word?), its probably a masterpiece.. but musically, the piano solo is just not good.

and as stated, i'm not looking for any deep meanings behind the music. I just want to enjoy the music.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:37:57 AM
That is true. It comes down to what you perceive as music. Kinda like when an artist just throws a bucket of paint on a canvas and calls it "Art". All I see is someone who threw a bucket of paint on a canvas. I see no artistic skills there at all.

Yoshiki is a skilled pianist and i'm not saying the entire piano solo is bad. It starts off quite well.. but I've seen Art Of Life about 400 times.. and just after the 22 minute mark (and other random times after this), he just starts bashing the piano with his fists and arms and not hitting any particular notes or producing any melodies. It is pretty clear that he didnt spend any time writing those parts of the song.

I can appreciate music for what it is. And I like most kinds of music and I'm very open-minded.. but to me, the piano solo goes from being a wonderfully played piano solo to randomly hitting the piano and producing absolutely no musical structure or melody.. then going back to a nice piano solo. A lot of people say its good JUST because its Yoshiki. If I did that on a piano, i'm 100% sure that MOST people would just laugh and say that its not music.. its just me randomly bashing on the piano.. and they'd be right. The "bashing" parts in the solo are just that. Yoshiki bashing on the piano. If you enjoy it, great.. but it takes absolutely NO talent to do that part of his solo.

I'm not saying that anyone here is... but there are always fans who refuse to accept that their favourite band/artists/idols arent perfect. This is especially true for hide but thats another story :P

Anyway, if you like the piano solo, great! Dont download this version of the song :)

This is probably where a lot of us will have to agree to disagree. No amount of discussion will make me think Yoshiki's bashing is "Art"  :wink:

edit: i'll upload the original art of life when I wake up. I'm going to bed and i cant do it now because my mate is still up playing World of Warcraft (damn awful game. It destroys peoples lives)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:21:28 PM by Maverick »

Offline yznpryde

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 02:05:08 AM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
It is pretty clear that he didnt spend any time writing those parts of the song.

Wrong. Being a trained pianist myself, it is obvious to me that the "random hitting" in Art Of Life is not "random". Yoshiki spent a tremendous amount of time composing the piano solo, especially when calculating which "wrong keys" he should play. Overall, I predict that Yoshiki spent more time on the piano solo than the rest of the song combined.

不管白猫、黑猫,逮住老鼠就是好猫。"

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 08:55:15 AM
Murder!!!!

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:22:31 AM
He is hitting the keys the same way in the studio version also, btw :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:25:40 PM
Well if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. I wont try and argue.. but to me, it sounds like random bashing and its just not pleasant to hear so i'll stick to this version of the song  :D