• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Member of both bands

Feudal · 3850

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: December 02, 2011, 12:42:13 AM
This has been bugging me for a while but has anyone else wondered that since Sugizo has become a member of X Japan that it will be very hard for Luna Sea to do tours or concerts? It's obvious that they are not as focused as X Japan are in terms of reuniting and touring the world but what if they would like to but Sugizo is holding them back? It's odd to me and I wonder if Yoshiki got Sugizo to sign some contract (we'd probably never know) or if Sugizo truly prefers X Japan now. By the sounds of it, X Japan is aiming to do a full on world tour in 2012 that is bigger than this years' so that potentially leaves Sugizo no time to participate in Luna Sea activities. I'm certainly more of an X Japan fan, but I do enjoy some of Luna Sea's material which is why I've been wondering this.

It also makes me wonder if Luna Sea fans dislike Yoshiki since they may view him as "stealing Sugizo", you know? I imagine there are tons of fans in Japan who like both bands but then I bet there are lots who like one and not the other.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:43:56 AM by Feudal »

shane140

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:21:30 AM
I think after X finish their world tour next year Sugizo will return to full activities with Luna Sea, kinda like taking turns. I guess he'll play the odd show with them when he's not focusing on X.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:39:23 AM
Luna Sea appears sometimes and make awesome concerts, while X barely made a tour with a tiny setlist and playbacks.
It doesn't seem so hard to think how he would play in both bands. He knew this since the beggining. And Luna Sea fans who think that Yoshiki is "stealing" Sugizo are stupid, like the hidetards who think that "Sugizo is a bad guy who is stealing hide's place".

If Luna Sea really got back, it would be good and I think they will manage this very well.

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:55 PM
probably there are a lots of fans who dislike that solution but about the Sugizo, I think he have enought time, he even relese last time some solo works.

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:00:27 PM
I think everyone in Luna Sea are busy with their own solo, so it's not just Sugizo that's holding back Luna Sea

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:50 PM
Both are valid points for sure. I find that Sugizo does make time for his solo activities during X's breaks.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 12:06:14 AM
I think the next activity on Sugizos site after his solo concerts will be something with Juno Reactor, somewhere was reported, that they met in Brighton for working on new material, so we will see

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)