• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Candid interview with ToshI

elanor · 4622

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 08, 2011, 08:52:19 AM

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline luciole

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:48:03 PM

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:38:46 PM
WOW.  Helluva good read!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16:34 PM
Hmm, both Toshi and Yoshiki really have weird perceptions when it comes to some things.

Toshi's speaking as if he really thinks he's only got a few years left in his voice, doesn't he realise his voice is way more powerful than in the 90's, much better projection, and listen to that Blue Blood performance in 2008 for his old style roaring vocals, he's kept his voice stronger over the years than essentially any other rock/metal singer, there's only a few who've managed to do what Toshi's done.

Look at Bruce Dickinson and Chris Cornell for example, Bruce is in his 60's now and still has really powerfull vocals, and Chris Cornell (though he's closer to Toshi's age) went through trouble for years where he messed his throat up and wasn't singing anywhere near as good as he used to, and now he's got his voice back and he's basically still the loudest rock singer today.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:10:51 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:46 PM
Thank you Elanor, a good read!

It seems he still has ambition, I like that.

I agree his voice is stronger now.  He just need to take good care of it...

Dinner show report, haha, Sapporo Ichiban cup ramen! I should try to find out how it tastes.  Toshi's talking about food making me hungry, lol.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:35:10 PM
@ elanor - Thanks for the link~

@ Ulquiorra - I had that same feeling too when ToshI talking about his voice. It was kind of unnerving to me for some reason.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
I was wondering what the hell they were eating in Berlin what was that good, I have no idea, and to be honest it couldn´t has been the Currywurst Yoshiki mentioned at the concert...

About his voice - it doesn´t sound to me that he is expecting that he will loose his voice soon or so, but it´s something familiar to him, he got a breakdown in the end of 2009 and according to Taijis autobiography he got problems with his voice during the time they wrote voiceless screaming, so could be his knowledge will help him to take care....

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:49 PM
Interesting read. Thanks a lot elanor!

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:34 AM
And maybe I'm just stupid for not knowing this or assuming otherwise, but I thought the new X album was gonna be remastered versions of the old tracks not all new recordings of them, but in that article he says they were recording Kurenai...  Are these all new takes?

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:23 AM
And maybe I'm just stupid for not knowing this or assuming otherwise, but I thought the new X album was gonna be remastered versions of the old tracks not all new recordings of them, but in that article he says they were recording Kurenai...  Are these all new takes?

The old tracks that will appear on the new album will be all new takes. 50% brand new songs, 50% old tracks rerecorded. If you're looking for remastered versions, they already did that, on the special editions of Blue Blood and Jealousy released back in 2007. :)

>~X~<

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:38:39 PM
Well that is just splendid.  I was aware of the remastered editions, that's kind of why I was getting irked at the time it's been taking.  Still annoyed and it's scarcely an excuse, but yeah.

I swear, to have an X-Japan album to actually sell on these tours would be super cool... x_o