• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN THE LAST LIVE Complete Edition

Matthias · 29045

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:37 PM
GNBL-7009
X JAPAN/X JAPAN THE LAST LIVE Complete EditionCollector's Box (Title subject to change) [limited Edition]  DVD
12000 yen US$154/77.9  Release Date:2011/10/26
Description:The complete version of the X JAPAN THE LAST LIVE that took place in Tokyo Dome on December 31, 1997. For the first time "SAY ANYTHING," "THE LAST SONG," "TEARS (photo slide show)," "UNFINISHED (photo slide show)," and "FOREVER LOVE -LAST MIX- (photo slide show)" are included. The Collector's Box comes with a bonus disc packed with rare footage and a miniature replica of the tour pamphlet.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=GNBL-7009
GNBL-7010
X JAPAN/X JAPAN THE LAST LIVE Complete Edition[Regular Edition]  DVD
5000 yen US$64/77.9  Release Date:2011/10/26
Description:The complete version of the X JAPAN THE LAST LIVE that took place in Tokyo Dome on December 31, 1997. For the first time "SAY ANYTHING," "THE LAST SONG," "TEARS (photo slide show)," "UNFINISHED (photo slide show)," and "FOREVER LOVE -LAST MIX- (photo slide show)" are included.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=GNBL-7010

Offline Nande_Ebisu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:30:03 PM
Awesome. I'll be buying that Limited edition DVD. I hope it will also be available on yesasia since I don't have experience with CDJapan. But if not, I'll get my first experience on CDJapan.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:35:09 PM
Haven't made any bad experiences with CDJapan yet. The last few packages took a while to arrive, but that's more the fault of the german postservice. I'll also go with the limited one, btw.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:06:41 PM
I will try to get it in a record store while I´m in Tokyo, must find out only, if it will be available

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:42 AM
Hm, still undecided whether or not to get the new releases, partiularly The Last Live one. But for those of you who are going to buy them, espcecially if you are getting the limited edition box sets, go and look at HMV.co.jp They have better prices at the moment...

I used to always buy from CDJapan, and have never had any problems with them but I now also check out prices and shipping on HMV because most of the time you can get it cheaper. I have never had a problem with HMV either, just to let you know!

Offline Conscript

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:54:34 AM
So, is there a reason for using a photo slideshow for tears, unfinished and forever love?
Was there no footage or something, as they weren't there in the first release?

I'll be buying at yesasia.com Never had to pay customs tax with them yet ;)
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-last-live-complete-edition-first-press-limited-collectors-box/1024788666-0-0-0-en/info.html

sigsig・∀・

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:22 AM
So, is there a reason for using a photo slideshow for tears, unfinished and forever love?

I think what happened was, as you are probably already aware, they played those songs as S.E.'s, (i.e. they weren't preformed live) and so as the songs were played, the screens in the arena played slideshows of different photos of X Japan.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 05:35:37 PM
I'm thinking of picking up this version of The Last Live. It'll be great for replacing the bootleg I got from eBay! haha :D

I've bought from CDJapan before many times, great service, never let me down.

>~X~<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:20 PM

I think what happened was, as you are probably already aware, they played those songs as S.E.'s, (i.e. they weren't preformed live) and so as the songs were played, the screens in the arena played slideshows of different photos of X Japan.

Right you are! The unedited TV rip of the concert is around on YouTube, and has extra footage that wasn't included on the DVD. Nothing special, just the true end of the concert with the S.E.'s and slideshows. During Say Anything, the band reappears to throw flowers and other things to the audience, and Tears just has a slideshow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzVTwm_qmw&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgx7ICunkE[/youtube]

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:46:25 PM by Brandon »

>~X~<

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 07:19:53 PM
I also have the bootleg. I wonder if Yoshiki re-edited the Last Live by using different/new footage. The bootleg has some different shots.

I hope the value of my Last Live DVD doesn't plummet with this reissue :-\

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 06:32:34 AM
o, someone just mentioned on X Boards that you can buy it cheaper yet from Amazon Japan...just to let you know! Bought one thing from them...and they were good to deal with!

Am wondering if the quality if the video will be better than the DVD version they last released...it's not exactly amazing...

Offline Conscript

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 09:18:59 AM
o, someone just mentioned on X Boards that you can buy it cheaper yet from Amazon Japan...just to let you know! Bought one thing from them...and they were good to deal with!

Am wondering if the quality if the video will be better than the DVD version they last released...it's not exactly amazing...

I'd rather have them fix the audio quality.. It's horribly distorted at intensive moments, for example when the piano & guitars kick in at forever love.

Debating whether to buy the expensive box or the regular edition. I'm willing to buy the expensive box if I know there isn't going to be a blu-ray release. Which I don't think there is going to be, because of said audio quality and video quality.
Or maybe they are withholding a blu-ray widescreen release in case money is needed :P

sigsig・∀・

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 06:17:36 PM
I'm wondering why they are not releasing the last live on blu-ray. Is blu-ray not that popular in Japan?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:56:41 AM by Orbis »

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 09:31:46 AM
today on Twitter:
YoshikiOfficial Yoshiki
Xjapan's DVD 「LAST LIVE」will be released today in Japan!! 今日はXjapanのDVD「LAST LIVE」の発売日!! bit.ly/nSFfy0

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 11:12:54 AM

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:16 AM
now that release actually caught me by suprise....totally missed it. Actually I've never imagined for it to happen. But I'm glad it did happen, though I'm still unsure what version to get, the box or just the concert DVDs :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 03:19:08 PM
Hoping to grab a torrent of this somewhere soon :)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:20 PM
Waiting on my copy to arrive in mail. EXCITED. :DDD

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:22 PM
I dunno buying a dvd from an event 14 years ago that a friend of mine has is just eh to me, Id love for new stuff to come out as much as I love X Japan I don't think I could find a good enough reason for me to get this DVD but to anyone who hasn't seen it is a great pick up.

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 10:19:28 PM
I'm wondering why they are not releasing the last live on blu-ray. Is blu-ray not that popular in Japan?
I'm pretty sure it's more popular in Japan than the rest of the world. I'm assuming it was shot with high resolution film like 35mm or at least 16mm, seeing as they have video of hide from the show that they show on the big screens at their recent concerts. But either way, the sound would benefit quite a bit as well.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:40 AM
maybe yoshiki waits another 10 years for the blu-ray release to make benefit out of it AGAIN :D

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 01:35:41 AM
See that's mainly why I have not purchased this release because it's not been converted to HD so the quality is probably the same as the DVD that was released yeaaarsss ago.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:49 AM
I assumed Yoshiki was going to be lazy and not release it on bluray until the end of the band lol

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 12:47:31 AM
Not 100%, but I believe that this is a rip of The Last Song from this edition:

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHV6b0qBZs

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 02:01:39 AM

very nice cut indeed! it differs a lot to the one we knew from the past so i'm sure this is the new DVD version.
what an emotional performance.. i really can feel the spirit in there! the picture quality (as far as i can judge it through youtube) looks great, sharp and nice colors.

though i'm still disappointed about a non hd-release and it's even in 4:3 ... i can't understand that :(

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 06:30:18 AM

Unbelievable! This is great stuff! And yet so very sad! I feel the emotion of the song and situation...

>~X~<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 06:34:25 AM

very nice cut indeed! it differs a lot to the one we knew from the past so i'm sure this is the new DVD version.
what an emotional performance.. i really can feel the spirit in there! the picture quality (as far as i can judge it through youtube) looks great, sharp and nice colors.

though i'm still disappointed about a non hd-release and it's even in 4:3 ... i can't understand that :(

Yea, the 4:3 resolution is certainly a big disappointment. The least they could have done was convert it to widescreen...

>~X~<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 06:42:41 AM
They got more on YouTube now!

Unfinished! Everyone is so miserable! Just goes to show what an impact X Japan had on people!! Unbelievable!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxJl07a1tEo[/youtube]

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:43 AM
Holy shit I'm looking for alternate means to download these to my computer as I'm worried they will be removed from YouTube. These are insane, I've never seen such emotion, you can tell this is more raw footage than they probably would have ever shown. I just thought of something too, which may be good! Yoshiki seems to think that this was a release for Japan and that other places will get the DVD release in the near future...I'm almost wondering if the "near future" release in the west will be HD. Despite this being a region free dvd, I swear I saw him say it was  Japan release and to expect it in other countries.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 11:37:39 AM
Also if ANYONE who has access to Jpopsuki please let me know if it is available to download there and if it is, whats the torrent name/id? Chances are it's out there somewhere...need this omg.