• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Rosenfeld - Crows in Black/ X Japan - Blue Blood

Neru · 4440

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
on: July 14, 2011, 09:26:03 PM
I found out about Rosenfeld a couple of days ago, a Thrash band that was active in the same time as X Japan. There was this statement in Metal Archives on the page of a Rosenfeld demo about X Japan stealing the riff of "B (Crows in Black)" for their song Blue Blood, well in my oppinion everybody with small musical experience knows that it is almost impossible to write something that was not already done in the same pattern / note sequence.

In fact you can hear the resemblence between the two riffs but accusing a band of plagiarism is a bit to much don't you think?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:28:29 PM by Neru »

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:09 PM
they aren´t the first and won´t be the last, happens sometimes that minor successful musician try to achieve attention by stuff like that or
may be you got something on your mind and realised later somebody else got it too, I can imagine it´s difficult to make clear that a sequence of melody you got in your head wasn´t found by somebody else before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_plagiarism

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:03:07 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7L_wZFdfVA[/youtube]
Yeach it's really similar... :o It's strangely, most of the begin of song i think and drums are similar as in X
Btw. vocalist- that a hair :o
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:06:15 PM by eda »

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:18 PM
Btw. vocalist- that a hair :o

That's Hisayoshi Hiraga, he was the vocalist of Aion in DeathTrash Bound he sounds better on Rosenfeld tough.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:58:07 PM
No big deal I think, with so many riffs and tracks out there, some are bound to sound similar.

But wow! First time i've ever heard of Rosenfeld! They sound amazing! Gonna track down some of their material! :)

>~X~<