• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

D'espairsRay disbands!!

Brandon · 3736

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:28 PM
Thank you for your continued support of D'espairsRay.

Due to Hizumi's throat troubles, we had decided to take a hiatus immediately following our show at Yokohama Blitz on 30 Dec. 2010. However, after further discussions amongst the four members, we have decided to disband as of 15 June 2011 and cease all activities under the name D'espairsRay.

To our loving fans and supportive staff members, who have followed us diligently from our founding on 9 Sept. 1999 until now, we deeply apologize for such a sudden and troubling announcement.

All four members are deeply thankful, from the bottom of our hearts, for your enthusiastic support and encouragement.

Thank you.

15 June 2011

D'espairsRay HIZUMI Karyu ZERO TSUKASA

http://www.despairsray.jp/jp/information.html

The page continues to say that HIZUMI's throat condition, which caused the band to go on hiatus in the first place, isn't recovering as the band hoped, and has no signs of full recovery in the future.

Personally, I am deepy saddened by this announcement. They were easily one of my top bands, and I even got the chance to see them perform live in Toronto last August. They were excellent live!! I was hoping for them to get on with more activities and new releases, but seeing HIZUMI is unable to continue because of health, a disbandment seems only logical. I will surely miss D'espairsRay!

>~X~<

shane140

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:25 PM
Damn! One of the very few modern VK bands I really like, sad news indeed.

Offline Jill1808

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:52:06 PM
Don't give up all hope yet. We've seen enough previously disbanded bands get together again. Even if it's only for a few concerts. Hopefully HIZAKI recovers from his throat condition again.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:44:17 PM
It's HIZUMI, not HIZAKI. ;)

Offline Jill1808

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:40 PM
Oops sorry, I meant HIZUMI of course. Gomen nasai!

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
One of my favorite bands but I never saw them live because I found them pretty late.. :C

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:30:56 AM
One of my favorite bands but I never saw them live because I found them pretty late.. :C
Same here, it's pretty sad. I never became a huge fan but I really did like their music and would have enjoyed seeing them live.

Offline maritamun

• View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:46:30 AM
D'espairsRay was one of my favorite bands and one of the best live bands ever heard. So this sudden disbanding is really sad and it was a big shock to read this yesterday at facebook. I will miss them so much. Ever they will have a special place in my heart. Anytime, I hope it so much, it will give a reunion.

Fraggle - Diva - Hime

Offline andy.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 12:44:51 PM
this is so bad :/ saw them twice in cologne i think, really really great, but the new albums doesn't match with [Coll:set], best album definitely! :)

"the language barrier doesn't exist in great music."

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 04:57:43 PM
all the best for the singer, wish him a full recover from his illness. O daiji ni!

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)