scarlet love song

axlroseX · 44803

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #150 on: June 09, 2011, 12:56:19 PM
... why does he think they have to release english stuff for outside-of-japan-fans.... >.> i dun like toshi singing english... ~~ *whinewhine*... at least they're talking about releasing something again.... it's been a while (and wasn't jade planned for like..march?)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #151 on: June 09, 2011, 01:49:01 PM
Because a) they are trying to get mainstream success and b) they won't get mainstream success with Japanese songs.

This is my administrator color.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: June 09, 2011, 01:57:05 PM
they should release scarlet love song not only in japan, they can release in east asia (japan , korea, taiwan, china, hongkong, ETC) and south east asia (thailand , singapore , malaysia , indonesia, etc). i m sure it will be a success if they try to release in asia

Ex denxdenx

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #153 on: June 09, 2011, 11:46:57 PM
@Hypno ..yh, very true... just too bad they're forgetting that there's a big group that already listens to japanese music... and prefer japanese over english, when performed by japanese people... but, i'm prolly one of the few complaining bout that xD

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:49 AM
@Hypno ..yh, very true... just too bad they're forgetting that there's a big group that already listens to japanese music... and prefer japanese over english, when performed by japanese people... but, i'm prolly one of the few complaining bout that xD

That's not the target audience though. They want to go MAINSTREAM...somewhat :P

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:38 AM
the same to me, I think Yochan is not really up to date, we are no longer in the 80´s, when everything non english was uncool, maybe he should take a look at Miyavi, Diru, Gackt, etc.pp.

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: June 10, 2011, 02:25:57 AM
I figure they are going for the crazy success they have in Japan. Gackt, Miyavi, and even Diru are still pretty underground here in America.

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: June 10, 2011, 10:02:34 AM
I got a version of Scarlet Love Song with guitar solo!! Here!!

Just kidding! xD It's just a quick and really bad mix I've done in a few minutes, just for fun.

Now, about the real song, I have a few more comments: apart from ToshI's voice, which is great, the drums sound like recorded in a garage, they don't have that kind of cool effect that sounds so good on Forever Love, Endless Rain or Tears. Second, where the hell is the bass? I admit that for me is the hardest instrument to hear, but even so I know it's there in all the previous songs, and sometimes I can hear it really clear (when the guitars are not drowning it), but in this one I can't hear a bass at all! And they could have worked a little bit in a proper cover art like Jade, not that boring members collage from their website.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:28:04 PM by sanorin »

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: June 10, 2011, 02:03:29 PM
Forever Love also had midi drums.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: June 10, 2011, 02:07:33 PM
@sanorin: for doing it in a few minutes, it´s not bad, if the song will be released, we will see of working for ages on it, makes it much better... :P

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: June 10, 2011, 02:21:20 PM
Forever Love also had midi drums.

Not entirely, it had sampled percussion, but the actual drum heads (snare, bass, tom rolls) are actual recordings. The Last Song is a good example of an old X Japan song with completely sampled percussion.

The drums in this new song are from a completely MIDI automated drum kit, which sounds like it was built using samples of Yoshiki's more recent drum recordings (Jade for example).

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: June 10, 2011, 04:39:08 PM
Just kidding! xD It's just a quick and really bad mix I've done in a few minutes, just for fun.

I'm sorry but, (and maybe I'm in the wrong here) I'm not laughing here, that was going too far, inact you've gone even further then that post, you posted the audio file as "scarlet love song-final mix" on that website, so thousands of other people are going to be unfairly tricked too. You have gone too far with this, at least change the title on that website to something that shows its a fan made remix.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:40:59 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:52 PM
I'm sorry but, (and maybe I'm in the wrong here) I'm not laughing here, that was going too far, inact you've gone even further then that post, you posted the audio file as "scarlet love song-final mix" on that website, so thousands of other people are going to be unfairly tricked too. You have gone too far with this, at least change the title on that website to something that shows its a fan made remix.

You take it way too seriously xD. The song doesn't even appear on searches on that website, apparently you need to have the link which I posted, so anyone clicking there can read in my post that it's a joke. And is not "final mix", but "the last mix", from "the last song". Anyway, I have changed the title to "The Scarlet Last Song Mix" and the description also, I hope now you are happy with it and it will not lead to confusion to anyone.

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:43 PM
Toshi’s voice is beautiful, his voice is the soul of this song…  Does it sound a little softer though, or is it just my hearing heheh… The instruments, I expected something heavier  - this song needs a heavier sound to match Toshi’s voice.  The MIDI made it sounds like a cover T.T 

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 11, 2011, 02:33:32 AM
actually, i think we ll see the difference of the song when they perform scarlet love song on their live concerts (i wish they perform the full song, not only short version)

Ex denxdenx

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:15 AM
Hm, considering the type of ballad it is, i.e. not really that heavy into guitar work, I think it is actually a perfect song to be performed the way it was at AGE, just with Toshi and Yoshiki, perhaps with the addition of Sugizo on violin.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: June 11, 2011, 08:51:41 AM
just cheked japan itunes, scarlet love song charted number 3 now

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:21 AM
Hm, considering the type of ballad it is, i.e. not really that heavy into guitar work, I think it is actually a perfect song to be performed the way it was at AGE, just with Toshi and Yoshiki, perhaps with the addition of Sugizo on violin.

They could perform the song like the studio version live, if they had all the orchestrated music in the background, Yoshiki could play the drums and Toshi could be playing the piano and singing, it would be awesome. I know Yoshiki's the one who plays the piano, but since Yoshiki likes to steal toshi's mike during the "we are X! We are X!" section and starts claiming in interviews that he's the frontman who gets the crowd excited (pfft) I think Toshi could play the piano for this one song.

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: June 11, 2011, 02:30:53 PM

They could perform the song like the studio version live, if they had all the orchestrated music in the background, Yoshiki could play the drums and Toshi could be playing the piano and singing, it would be awesome. I know Yoshiki's the one who plays the piano, but since Yoshiki likes to steal toshi's mike during the "we are X! We are X!" section and starts claiming in interviews that he's the frontman who gets the crowd excited (pfft) I think Toshi could play the piano for this one song.
hahaha..ON DRUMS,ON PIANO AND VOCAL ..TOSHI!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:34:15 PM by blur »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: June 11, 2011, 03:02:54 PM

hahaha..ON DRUMS,ON PIANO

Well, he's shown more variety on both than Yoshiki the last five years. :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:04:35 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #171 on: June 12, 2011, 01:15:47 AM
I thought that "Scarlet Love Song" was pretty good, but I too, was expecting huge guitar solo near the middle. There's not much else I can say on it except that I loved Toshi's vocals & wished that there was more guitar action.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: June 13, 2011, 03:13:35 AM
Yep. Was hoping for a nice old school harmonized solo when the trailer was released but guess it was not to be. Doesn't take away from the song, but would have been cool. Maybe next new song.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:35 AM
X Japan has that huge following all around the world which has been documented many a time, but when you want to go mainstream in the US you have to cater for the new audience.

I imagine we will be seeing more Japanese Songs being released to in time but right now its focusing on new things.