MadMiyu · 11660

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
on: May 03, 2011, 07:29:14 PM
Haaii guys xD

So..yh I might b the only one thinking about this...
but.... everytime a mentionworthy concert is on its way
things like 'what to wear?!!" pop up in my head....

What are you gonna wear at X's concerts?
or what did you wear at the USA or Asia lives????
Please your thoughts, opinions, pictures and  all other related stuff <3

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
I don't really know yet. :DD It depends on how warm is the day of concert... I've been thinking about wearing a sleeveless top and some (capri?)jeans. Then nice looking shoes but still confortable so my feet won't die with all the standing and jumping. :D I love accessories... Lot of stuff on the wrists and some on the neck. If possible X-related. :)

We're X!

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:53:32 PM
I always try to dress.... with a theme that fits the band
but X is just.....too difficult xDDD
too many possibilities XD

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:12:05 PM
For me it´s quite easy, I have a lot of dresses - all black and long, so I decide now and here, spontaneous, to wear a long black dress, and what about the idea to find something for us to recognice other X-Freaks, look at this
The X-Train project - London to Paris -

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:03:59 PM
aahhh I was wondering about taht too yh xDDD

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:22:28 AM
Hm. Well, when I went to go see X Japan at The Wiltern last November I wore this ((I also wore this at the Hollywood PV shoot [with slight alteration] & I wore this at the "Born To Be Free" shoot during Anime Expo 2010)) - -

The top: A home sewn yukata ((that my old friend made for me)) & white hoodie underneath ((Cotton material))

Pants: ((The dreaded)) Skinny jeans, stockings ((double layered. Black base first + striped ones second)) & regular socks

Shoes: Converse

Accessories: Mask ((Cotton material. Bought it at Anime Expo four months prior)), headphones ((Ehehe. I "borrowed" them from my boyfriend)) & hairband

Personally. . . um, I wear the yukata a lot just because on the back of it, my friend wrote the kanji for "Kurenai" on the back as a representation of X Japan & myself (("Kurenai" being my favorite song & my pen name)). But, back on topic, I'd go with what Ashura said. Go with the band's overall theme.

EDIT: Look at these dudes from the X Japan concert at The Wiltern. They've dressed up by overall theme ((and in some cases cosplay))

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:25:14 AM by Kurenai_Akari »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:09:17 AM
baaaaaaah I don't have any pictures uploaded from that day!
But I still have the outfit :D So I think I'll put it on and take pictures whenever I get the chance. It's a gray sleeveless shirt, acid wash jeans, pretty basic... but I was an insane person and wore these nifty ankle boots to the concert since they were pretty reminiscent of the style back in the 80s :D they had heels though so i was dubbed insane by everybody in line.

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 08:57:21 AM
@Kurenai_Akari wow, those pictures are really inspiring, especially the last (ok,,,i'm a sucker for old style >.>) as for general style xD I tend to be inspired by the members,,,but with X it's just too many possibilities... xDD coz all their styles are nice and then there's the hide factor xDD <3

@LoveMeLemoned Yh plz do <3 I'm curious <3

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:31 AM
Now I started to wonder if I dyed my hair back to pink for the concerts... :D I had it pink for three years or so and now it's blond-ish.

We're X!

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:11:37 AM
OMKIKR!!!!! I had like the same xD I had it pink a few months back (and miss it like crazy...but it was a hell to get out of my hair) .....Pink hair really pwns <3 so you totally should if you can (as in... can with work/school/etc) <3

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:29 PM
LOL, well I always try to wear confortable clothes in concerts, because I know there's going to be lots of waiting and more or less i'm easily going to get tired. So I kiiiinda abandon the idea of being somehow stylish xD

PARTY HARD

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:19:22 PM
OMKIKR!!!!! I had like the same xD I had it pink a few months back (and miss it like crazy...but it was a hell to get out of my hair) .....Pink hair really pwns <3 so you totally should if you can (as in... can with work/school/etc) <3

I don't think pink hair would be a problem. :D I'll finish my school this spring and I work at an "easy-going" restaurant sooo I don't think they would mind. :D Plus I don't want a bright hide-pink hair anymore, that was a hell taking care of it... I'd like to have my hair to be light like cotton candy. :D pic taken last summer maybe a month before I dyed it blond...

I'm also wondering what kind of bag should I take. Maybe some small-ish so it won't be in the way but large enough to hold all necessary things. I'd love to have a bag which screams "I'm a X-freak" :DDD Not literally but you know... xD

We're X!

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:14 PM
@ Ashura, bring a big bag and leave it in the warderobe and put the stuff you need during the concert in your pocket

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:28:57 PM
hmm yh...i think I'll bring my magical striped bag xD i swear.... it's like wonderland in there xDD  OMK I LOVE YOUR HAIR @Ashura ... I would LOVE to have it such a color ~~ ...but i think my hair's gonna fall off if i bleach it xD

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:02 PM
I think I'll wear a t-shirt I made myself.....I made a nice picture of X in Fireworks, then printed it in some kind of transfer paper which you can iron it in a normal t-shirt.

It's not as stylish as a cosplay, but I think its original and comfortable for a concert  : D if you still want more "X-factor" make up is always a possibility....

In dazzle, I was ready to be destroyed under the power, was invisible.
When I saw the truth, I heard my ghost cry...

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 10:40:04 PM
@ Le Psyence: please leave a pic from you in your shirt, Thanx

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 12:19:05 AM
yeah, making/customizing ur own shirts always gives it a little more.... idk.... instant awesomeness (if it's done well of course) I've done that a lot of times already <3

I'm too anal about minor details like facial features to be a good cosplayer xD so i just don't try ^^" and YES plz do leave a pic <3

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 03:11:08 AM
Here goes:

And a better pic of....well, the pic xD

I still don't know my exact outfit for the great day xD but there are still 4 months to go so.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:29:26 AM by Le Psyence »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 05:26:26 AM

since I can't take pics of what I actually wore quite yet, here's what my hair looked like for the concert! :D

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 09:21:37 AM
OMK the hair...looks so great!!! .. <3

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 10:56:59 AM
:3 Thank you! I miss it, it's since faded since that was back in October. ;_; And I can't dye it back until summer is over so I can get a job. XP boo! I miss my concert hair. ;3;

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:43 AM
awwww I love your hair!!!! I'd love to have some highlights in that color....

Toshi plushie FTW :O

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 02:10:49 AM
thanks! This color pink would look really good if you have dark hair :3 it would stand out a lot.

Toshiplushie! ♥

Offline SephiValjean

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 05:17:18 PM
More than a month to go and i'm already have a 'wth do I wear?!?!' panic XD
I was gonna redye my hair pink but since it's currently purple I don't have the time/effort/money to go through the whole bleaching fiasco again. For the concert i'm really torn between something practical and comfy (jeans/skirt and a t-shirt) or insane (dammit I want one of Yoshiki's 80s dresses, SO PRETTY *__*)

anyone else having the dilemma between shiny and comfy?

Do you hear the people sing?

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 01:35:32 PM
anyone else having the dilemma between shiny and comfy?

You're not the only one. :DD I'd love to wear something aweeeeesome like a hide cosplay... I have made the red one from The Last Live but I've worn it for several conventions and it's so unconfortable! The material gets stuck to your skin and it's so hot. I don't understand how hide made it through concerts... The second opinion would be 80' hide, but as I'm already 170cm tall, I would have to wear high-heel-ish shoes and the hair is big sooo I don't think people behind me would approve. :'D

If I could find something shiny AND comfy that would be heaven. :D

We're X!

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:07 PM
same heree xDD I REALLY wanna go all out crazy 80's VK but..... i know it's really gonna be a trouble at the concert.....also..i'm SO broke and I dun have long hair like that xD (wish though)  what to do what to do~~~~

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 10:12:54 PM
what about wearing a Kimono, it´s quite comfortable and can be shiny, too
and it´s somehow related with X (AGE)
just an idea!

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:00 AM
Kimono would be great, expecially a self-made one with X-decorations...Heeeey that's really a good idea. :D Though those long and big sleeves might be a problem during X. :DD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:49:39 AM by Ashura »

We're X!

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 07:58:03 AM
Kimono would be great, expecially a self-made one with X-decorations...Heeeey that's really a good idea. :D Though those long and big sleeves might be a problem during X. :DD

no they won´t, you can use them instead of a bag ;D

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:21 AM
aahh... it's a very good idea.... although i was not particularly fond of the AGE collection 'kimono'wise.... but get yourself an awesome wig nd style it nd you could put off this look

also, on a side note , i accidentaly came across this.... nd altho it's not my thing, it's so cute <3