• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X-Japan going to the UK

creme_egg · 6468

Offline creme_egg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: April 12, 2011, 11:47:55 PM
Hi, I'm new.

But I thought i'd share some exciting news with everyone.

I follow a few Japanese artists, but never really have the time to talk much. But with something like this, I'll break my silence.

X-Japan are going to the UK for a show in London in the summer!

I found the link HERE

Hope it's okay to post things like this.

-Faith

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 01:12:03 AM
Hi, I'm new.

But I thought i'd share some exciting news with everyone.

I follow a few Japanese artists, but never really have the time to talk much. But with something like this, I'll break my silence.

X-Japan are going to the UK for a show in London in the summer!

I found the link HERE

Hope it's okay to post things like this.

-Faith

Who's paying you? The site you posted, the promoters for the gig or X Japan's management? :P

Either way, or I'm wrong and being overly cynical, you're posting in the correct forum to the right demographic at least.

And yes, I'll be at the show.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:36 AM
Yep this is pretty much looking like its real, thanks for posting this creme_egg, I will definatly be at this concert, as long as nothing goes wrong when trying to buy the tickets. Why can't they tell us how much the tickets cost now rather than only releasing the info on Friday, when at that point we'll be frantically trying to buy them before they're all sold out.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:41:05 AM
Yep this is pretty much looking like its real, thanks for posting this creme_egg, I will definatly be at this concert, as long as nothing goes wrong when trying to buy the tickets. Why can't they tell us how much the tickets cost now rather than only releasing the info on Friday, when at that point we'll be frantically trying to buy them before they're all sold out.

I'll be able to tell you tommorow morning when the pre-sale starts. Knowing X Japan, they wont be cheap.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:57:58 AM
tickets for the NA tour were pretty reasonable. I got my ticket for the Chicago gig for 32 bucks. Hope its reasonable for you UKers too!

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:07 AM
US tickets where pretty cheap I got mine for like 28-29 after everything and was also sold out pretty quick.

I doubt the tickets ill be super expensive but who knows right now, but im waiting to see the tour dates, my guess right after Summer Sonic.

Im hoping for a big year of X

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 07:17:13 AM
On another website, it actually said that the tickets are 22.75 pound :P Super-cheap.

@cream_egg Wel, yes, normally it's okay to post things like this, but we already have a thread where we're talking about this plus your source is pretty much... well... wrong. :P
Even the title already is. X JAPAN didn't confirm any concerts. I wish websites would just stop posthing everything as confirmed, just to get more visitors by posting this as the "latest news". 

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline creme_egg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:07:25 AM
Nobody's paying me. Haha. I wish that'd be a sweet job and would get me through my uni.

@AsukaMiyu
Oh. I dunno, i just see something and share. Besides the link to the ticket site is correct showing the tickets are going on sale, that says confirmation to me!
Was enough for me.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 11:08:39 AM
Well, with any other band i'd say it's okay, too, but X is definetely something...special. When keeping in mind everything that happened the last years, it's better not to spark too much excitement unless things were actually REALLY confirmed. Maybe I'm just overly correct about some things.... :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
I really can't wait at all. When my friend told me... I was thinking it over all night... and in the morning came to the conclusion...I CAN'T NOT GO... so yh... dragging my friend along..and flying in from Holland in june~~~ ... yoshiki won >.>

Offline evilmarshy

• Rookie
  • "No more machine guns, play the guitar!"
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 12:00:56 PM
When I saw they were playing in the UK, I e-mailed my brother straight away, and I was like "go with me!" He went "defo!". I also have two friends who said they'd come but were also saying to me "Wait for a bit so we can get 4 tickets at the same time because I can't quite afford it" These 2 friends like X since fairly recently and don't realise the popularity of X.

I even said to them I bet they will sell out straight away and have to be moved to a larger venue. I don't think they realise people from all over the world will come to london and other countries in europe to see them and make their own holiday/personal tour out of it. I made good judgement and just bought tickets for me and my brother straight away since I knew they would sell quickly.

Anyway I can't waaaaait. I wish I lived closer to London though rather than Wrexham (need to book a hotel) Being a massive Luna Sea fan aswell Sugizo will be there woooo. WE ARE.......

PS Can't wait to see some Princess Yoshiki cosplay

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 09:49:52 PM
X !!
nd also..OMKKK!!THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC!!!

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:44 AM
I've been hearing tickets are moving pretty fast for certain shows, glad to see a huge fan base in the UK.

I know they will do a few shows in the states but I am semi debating to go with a friend to Summer Sonic in Osaka to watch them live with a few other bands I love.

Offline evilmarshy

• Rookie
  • "No more machine guns, play the guitar!"
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25:33 AM
Huzzah, my tickets came today.