• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

New X Japan song in Pre-production

Beauty/Broken · 24874

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: March 31, 2011, 11:01:50 AM
From Sugizo's latest blog post:

Today was again filled with tight schedules.

I was intent upon sound production in my studio.

First, the pre-production of X JAPAN

for the new song of the next album.

The fact he's talking about pre-production means that it's a song we haven't heard before, given that we have heard samples from near completed demos for every other new song. Yoshiki also talked about another music video shoot in his recent interview with MTV, but I think this may be in relation to Scarlet Love Song.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:10:36 PM
Thanks, nice to hear they are still working on new material.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21:53 PM
May it be the new Sugizo song that was mentioned... sometimes last year?

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:41:01 PM
He said the pre-production of X Japan, which to me could mean the pre-production of the bands activities, as in trying to start the band up again towards eventual live shows again, if you see what I mean, hard to word it.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:13:50 PM
pre-production?!?! as nice as it sounds, it sounds scary at the same time. Hopefully the album will be out this year, but I have my doubts now.....

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:36:19 PM
He said the pre-production of X Japan, which to me could mean the pre-production of the bands activities, as in trying to start the band up again towards eventual live shows again, if you see what I mean, hard to word it.

As a producer myself I can assure you that pre-production is almost certainly either A) Recording a demo or B) Preparing to record a demo. Plus Sugizo said that it was for "a new song for the new album".

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
Whenever yoshiki talked about a new song everybody thought it was jade when it as in fact born to be free and even after that when yoshiki talked about a new song everybody thought it was born to be free when it was in fact Scarlet Love song. Well... I think we should be optimistic.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:27:22 PM
best news I had today
 Thank you

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:27 PM
Whenever yoshiki talked about a new song everybody thought it was jade when it as in fact born to be free and even after that when yoshiki talked about a new song everybody thought it was born to be free when it was in fact Scarlet Love song. Well... I think we should be optimistic.

They already have demos for Born to be free, Scarlet Love Song and Without You, and there are completed versions of I.V. and Jade. What else would they be pre-producing? All of the above are either currently in production or have finished production. It's a new song we haven't heard of yet, for sure.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:17:30 AM
What type of song are we hoping for?

I'd like to see another rock song! :P

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:06 AM
Now if this is one of the major reasons for the (eternal) delay of the album, I guess I have no choice but to grin and bear it! Now that we're aware that the delay is due to Yoshiki's desire for new content, it's making more sense.

Offline Jill1808

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 06:08:28 AM
Awsome! What do you think. How many tracks will the new album have.
Vanishing Vision has 9, Blue Blood has 12, Jealousy 10 and Dahlia also 10.
I'm hoping for at least 12 songs.
Well, in the end it doesn't really matter how many songs, just that they'll be released  :D

Rosie

Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:27:47 PM
Is this april fool's joke?

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:13:08 PM
Rosie, as soon as I read the thread title, I thought the same thing...

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Doubt it, cause the post was yesterday. ;)

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:30 PM
If they play this "New Song" at the benefit shows it would be epic.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 06:24:47 PM
if all these delays are for new songs then fuck yeah! sounds like they scrapped the plans of just a best of. sounds like thisll be a 2 disc album of classics and new songs for sure. awesome!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:40 PM
if all these delays are for new songs then fuck yeah! sounds like they scrapped the plans of just a best of. sounds like thisll be a 2 disc album of classics and new songs for sure. awesome!

I wouldn't go that far, before they said the only old songs were Kurenai, Rusty Nail, Endless Rain and Tears, and I'm not sure of there was another one, and they only have three new songs, so even with this new song Its pretty much just going to be a standard 10 track album rather than an 8 track one.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 11:25:52 PM
well we have 5 potential songs now
IV, Jade, Born to be Free, Scarlet Love Song, and this new untitled one
If they plan on actually recording "Without You" as a studio track, I'd even count that as six
A 10 track album still seems kind of short, they can ass another track or two.

If the album winds up like this-
Kurenai
Rusty Nail
Endless Rain
X
Tears
IV
Jade
Born to be Free
Scarlet Love Song
New Song #1
New Song #2

id be happy. 6 new songs is a fair amount. and IF they are re recording and writing the new material in the past year, i can see the delays.

Jade sounds done to me. IV, Born to be Free, and the rest probably were being worked on this past year, while the old track's vocals should be done.

If this record isnt out by summer though and it doesn't end up being a full new studio album, thats just fucking retarded

shane140

Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 11:56:09 PM
I agree, especially with Yoshiki saying they're only re-recording certain parts of the old songs, Toshi's vocals mainly I presume....

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 12:40:10 AM
found this interview from 1995, seems Yoshiki is always recording, recording, recording and no able to find an end...
http://www.xjapan.de/interviews/musicsquare_4.htm

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 06:05:02 AM
never change at all............

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 06:26:18 AM
well we have 5 potential songs now
IV, Jade, Born to be Free, Scarlet Love Song, and this new untitled one
If they plan on actually recording "Without You" as a studio track, I'd even count that as six
A 10 track album still seems kind of short, they can ass another track or two.

If the album winds up like this-
Kurenai
Rusty Nail
Endless Rain
X
Tears
IV
Jade
Born to be Free
Scarlet Love Song
New Song #1
New Song #2

id be happy. 6 new songs is a fair amount. and IF they are re recording and writing the new material in the past year, i can see the delays.

Jade sounds done to me. IV, Born to be Free, and the rest probably were being worked on this past year, while the old track's vocals should be done.

If this record isnt out by summer though and it doesn't end up being a full new studio album, thats just fucking retarded

u forget art of life?? i think scarlet love song wont be there, since it will be used for anime movie and in japanese. endless rain and tears will be enough as a ballad in new album, but putting without you english version will be a small chance, but i do hope they record without you english version

Ex denxdenx

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 09:41:27 AM
either way I also hope this is a new song cause I have been waiting patiently, any new amount of songs would be good.

I'm glad the group is working hard when they have so much going just saw they will be in Summer sonic that made me sad since I wanted to go last yr and probably want to go this yr too.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 02:56:50 AM
i love art of life but cant see it n the record. last 20 minute song to be a mainstream success here was 2112 and that was in the 70s lol

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a while back that Y plans to put Art of Life on the record...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:49 AM
i always hope they put AOL, because AOL is their best masterpiece

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 09:37:10 AM
I wont mind Art of life being split into two tracks, as long as both parts are on the album, like,

track 1 - Art of Life part I

track 13 - Art of Life part II

But, even so, I still think putting art of life on the first album is too early, like, People who've never heard them before hear Art of Life and become fans, and then realise, "oh, that was the best they'll ever produce and I've only just become a fan", where do you go from there?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:53:04 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 05:38:52 PM
I wont mind Art of life being split into two tracks, as long as both parts are on the album, like,

track 1 - Art of Life part I

track 13 - Art of Life part II

But, even so, I still think putting art of life on the first album is too early, like, People who've never heard them before hear Art of Life and become fans, and then realise, "oh, that was the best they'll ever produce and I've only just become a fan", where do you go from there?

u are right, but it will be a dilemma if they didnt put AOL, because apart from rusty nail  and kurenai,  their new rock song, i.v , jade, and born to be free lack of really great guitar solo. and i m not sure if they will put silent jealousy on album

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 07:20:08 PM
I think they should take out one of the ballads and put Silent Jealousy or Dahlia in its place.