• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki is putting his "Kawai" crystal piano on auction

rafaelo · 26093

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Yoshiki is putting his Kawai
crystal piano on auction to get funds to help in the earthquake/tsunami tragedy in Japan
http://natalie.mu/music/news/46305
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000068329&ref=fb
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/110314/gnj1103140507025-n2.htm

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:27:41 AM
I am glad to hear that.

Japan is a place of deep sorrow now.  It is relentless...the aftershocks continue.

Please pray for Japan.  I'm in Tokyo and it's scary enough here.  I cannot imagine what is like up north.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:44:37 AM
How very sweet of Yoshiki! For a very good cause! Does anyone know how long he's had his crystal piano?

>~X~<

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:12:43 AM
Tanabata, I am happy to hear from you and that you seem to be ok!

I hope the piano sells well ... too bad it is too big for my living room  :P

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:28:04 AM
Tanabata I'm glad that everything is well with you
is this piano must be expensive right?

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:07 PM
wow, such a kind deed *_* Way to go, Yoshiki! I hope smb will pay lots of many for the piano.
BTW, I'd like to know how long he has this piano either. And, *probably it'll be a stupid question*, is the crystal piano the only ONE?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 12:54:46 PM
wow, such a kind deed *_* Way to go, Yoshiki! I hope smb will pay lots of many for the piano.
BTW, I'd like to know how long he has this piano either. And, *probably it'll be a stupid question*, is the crystal piano the only ONE?

I've been wondering this as well. I have a feeling he has more than one but this one he is auctioning holds a lot of meaning/memories because I think one of the articles mentioned it was used for the 2009 lives (not sure about the N.A tour)

The company Kawai who makes it sells the crystal piano apparently made only 5 a year according to this seller. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/2251397964.html

It would be really sad if it was his only one because that piano is part of Yoshiki as a musician. The crystal piano paired with his drums are the perfect accent to his style and look on stage. I feel bad for saying this but I hope the tragedies don't put a halt to their activities...I mean, there is only so much they can do to help. They can donate money or raise money to donate through concerts etc...If they outright stop activities for half of this year or something, I'd be really sad..especially when they are on the TIP of breaking out world wide. =/

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
thanx for the info, Feudal.
It would be really sad if it was his only one because that piano is part of Yoshiki as a musician. The crystal piano paired with his drums are the perfect accent to his style and look on stage.
Yep, I have to agree..... But THIS just makes his intention even more valuable.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 01:44:50 PM
Yea, that is true but do you know the likelihood that his piano will just end up in some rich guys basement? That piano is priceless in many ways. Yoshiki is incredibly honorable and kind to do this.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 02:15:01 PM
"some rich guys basement'..... I do realize that. -_- There are so many pieces of Art lost in those "basements". A sad truth *sigh* But it's great that some of them will be of use to the victims of disaster

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 05:24:30 PM
If you scan your minds back long enough you will all remember that X Japan are known for their support of charitable causes, especially Earthquakes. The "Live in Hokkaido" bootleg was actually taken from an Earthquake Benefit gig X Japan did during their Dahlia Tour to raise money for the victims of the 1995 Kobe quake.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:54 PM
@Beauty/Broken: honestly, there's no use to scan my mind 'cause I didn't know this part of X-history ^_^; But it's so nice to hear such a thing... Thank you for this info. The more I know about them, the more I respect them

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 09:16:28 PM
I found this here is the piano YOSHIKI right?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/2251397964.html

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 09:21:44 PM
@Tanabata: good to hear that you are well, it´s always a bit difficult to ask, how people are today inJapan or even people here who have family and friends there. so please take care of you.
@Ashemanu: the same problem like you, the piano fits perfectly into my room by style, but not by size, so what about putting our rooms together, than it will fit? :)

@Feudal:By my opinion it will enlarge their activities just to benefit the victims, I think it won´t take a long time and wil will get a lot of announcments of benefitconcert of japanese musicians and maybe it will be a push for their world tour, who knows

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:08 AM
@Tanabata: good to hear that you are well, it´s always a bit difficult to ask, how people are today inJapan or even people here who have family and friends there. so please take care of you.
@Ashemanu: the same problem like you, the piano fits perfectly into my room by style, but not by size, so what about putting our rooms together, than it will fit? :)

@Feudal:By my opinion it will enlarge their activities just to benefit the victims, I think it won´t take a long time and wil will get a lot of announcments of benefitconcert of japanese musicians and maybe it will be a push for their world tour, who knows

Elanor,

Thank you for your kind comments.

It's surely an uncertain time here in Japan.  I feel helpless but I'm frantically working via the internet to help out.  I am helping out with the animal rescue efforts...an enormous task...I want to do SO much more.  Sitting on the internet, though, doesn't seem so helpful.   I want to get out there and get my hands dirty.

I ask you all to pray for Japan.  This is a national tragedy on a scale that is difficult to comprehend.  It is quite surreal and has impacted the nation, as a whole, in many ways, both big and small.

Thank you to Yoshiki for his kindness.

We are X!!!!!

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 10:21:44 PM
Yeah, I think the bigger the response from X during this time could be more beneficial than them focusing on what they've been doing.  By putting up the auction for bid and it getting a- being assumptive here- huge amount from some rich whoever the hell will get attention.  X-Japan putting on a benefit show would also draw lots of attention.

The big picture here I think is being observed rather than the small scale.  I hope and encourage Yoshiki and X-Japan to take time off from the upcoming tours and use their celebrity to bring Japan from it's crippled genuflect and rise up with chin held high and metal horns in the air.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:53 AM
posted a resume of everything by now
We are X
http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/2777/

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 03:41:26 AM
Yeah, I think the bigger the response from X during this time could be more beneficial than them focusing on what they've been doing.  By putting up the auction for bid and it getting a- being assumptive here- huge amount from some rich whoever the hell will get attention.  X-Japan putting on a benefit show would also draw lots of attention.

The big picture here I think is being observed rather than the small scale.  I hope and encourage Yoshiki and X-Japan to take time off from the upcoming tours and use their celebrity to bring Japan from it's crippled genuflect and rise up with chin held high and metal horns in the air.

It's time for Japan to come together.  I completely agree with your comments.  I hope X Japan will do all they can to help.  Of course they have no obligation to do so but it would be encouraging for them to do so.

Now back to the animal rescue efforts...

We are X!!!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 08:14:29 AM

This is my administrator color.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:51 AM
Japan is in trouble and I'm glad to see people with ability and a name working to help it in Japan, We have Gackt, T.M. Revolution holding concerts and charity events and now Yoshiki auctioning off a crystal Piano wow. I wonder how much that will sell for.

I have lost some friends to this horrible event, which saddens me but I know they would help in anyway they can and I will do whatever I can to help.

Offline skwerly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 04:03:34 PM
@Tanabata I'm glad you're safe! It's very kind of you to help with the animals. Please take care. Prayers and thoughts are with Japan and all affected by this tragedy. We will do our best to help out!

@Jrockergirl I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost some friends during this event. My sincere condolences.

Regarding the Crystal Piano, I hope it ends up in a museum for all to enjoy. But mostly, I hope it goes for a very large sum. Also, the Yoshiki Foundation site is up:
www.yoshikifoundation.org

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 04:29:55 PM
Tanabata and Jrockergirl, I'm glad you're safe.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Please be safe. 

I hope the piano goes to a hand that can appreciate it.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 06:51:57 AM
Tanabata here, sticking it out in Tokyo.  I'm not running!  Japan has been good to me for nearly 10 years, not about to run away now.

Thank you all for your kind words.  And, for those who have lost friends and family in this tragedy, I send you my condolences.

Please pray for Japan.  This is a national tragedy that will take a long to get over.

Thank you again.

We are X!!!!!

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 08:07:32 AM
Am I the only one who can imagine Yoshiki writing a charity single for this tragedy?

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 08:10:04 AM
Im from California so nothing happened here, friends werent so lucky but yea the Piano should be sold to a collector of fine things who will share it with the world or a museum since its a very limited piano and owned and played by Yoshiki, will prob sell for a huge sum.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 08:45:29 PM
@Jrockergirl: my sincere condolences for loosing your friends.
@ LunaSlave: I´m sure he will do, I think a lot of jap. Artists will do. And I´m wondering if we will hear something from europian artist, at the moment people here in Germany don´t flash over with donation accounts and charityevents, it´s a bit ashaming, as the earthquake happend in Haiti they couldn´t be fast enough with collecting money and today we are discussing about our nuclear power plants and that high-tec didn´t save Japan, so we are, alway nice and warmhearted...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 09:45:48 PM
elanor, Haiti is a very poor country which desperately needed money, which was obvious and triggered an immediate response. Japan is considered very rich and able to help itself - mostly. So people are more reluctant to donate, it´s not quiet that obvious.
But you are right - mostly I read here about our own nuclear plants, the sudden change of Queen Angie´s and her minions opinion about that and how good or not good the stock exchange is ...

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:54 PM
found this, may be it´s a bit far from the topic, but it´s informing...
http://www.orient-extreme.net/index.php?menu=musique&sub=actu&article=2927

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 08:26:47 AM