About Maverick

Sander · 12761

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: March 10, 2011, 12:05:59 PM
Some of you should remember a user named Maverick, he was one of the oldest members on the board (registration number 54), even though he hasn't posted since last July and hasn't been online for a while. There is another reason for that, aside his work on Xplosion-online and graduating University.

Last Friday morning Maverick passed away. He was diagnosed with gullet cancer (cancer of the oesophagus/the food pipe) in October 2010. Being his usual self he fought it and didn't give up. He pulled back from the Internet but didn't tell most of his friends as he tried not to worry anyone. He hoped he'll get better soon and can come back.

I was lucky to have met Maverick in person several times, first time being the first failed X Japan Paris concert where we had lots of fun, and the last time when Ra:IN toured Europe and we saw them in Berlin and Köln and even got to interview them (Mav doing most of the work and speaking, I just took some pics and laughed along)... He was certainly a person I will never forget... Rest in peace, friend!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Kayero

• Sunday Listener
  • Oro!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:40:41 PM
First I really couldn't believe that he passed away. It's just so sad and not fair... he was way too young... :(

Keep on rockin wherever you are right now, Mav.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:13:48 PM
I remember how we met in Köln at the Ra:IN concert and how he gave me his concert ticket as a memory for this concert afterwards (i couldn't get one, only access through box office). thank you, mav. hope you'll have a good time wherever you are now...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:26:31 PM
That's so sad... rest in peace man.

hi there

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:06:41 PM
Yesterday I had one German professor for dinner and she told me about a student of Leipzig university passing away and I got a bad feeling, so I checked their website and although I have not known Maverick's true name, I immediately recognized the face from the picture from a Cologne conference, as Maverick and I actually met and talked there last year - for the second and what now turns out to be the last time in our lives.
This is devastating.
To see such a talented young person passing away... I have no words.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:54:58 PM by Anna »

Pony rocks!

Offline sora2252

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 07:11:41 PM
I never knew Maverick but I can tell from the way that you all speak of him that he was a great man. My prayers for Maverick and for all of you that are hurt in his passing. Bodies pass, but spirits don't. He's still around rocking each day.

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:09 AM
Never met him in person, but he always seemed to be around in X related forums.
Sad times.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 07:52:08 PM
I haven't been around much lately myself, so I didn't notice his absence and this came as a total shock when I heard about it. Even though we never met face to face, I very much consider him a friend. I won't forget you Mav.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:17:49 PM
I'm speachless... I never met him, but I've been around in the X Japan fan community for 5 years or so now and he's always been ever-present and actively involved.

What an awful tradgedy... He was so young, so talented and always seemed so kind. Life is truly unfair.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 09:23:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. :-(
Rest in peace, Maverick.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 09:48:51 PM
sometimes ago I was reading the interview Hypno mentioned on Xplosion online, it was really entertaining and later on I found Maverick when I was looking around here at the forum, and I saw he was from Germany too, it´s very sad he has to die at such a young age and I would like to condulatory to all his family and friends

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline apollinnaire

• View Profile
    • Noir et Blanc extraordinaire!
Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 02:34:54 PM
Rest in Peace, dear Maverick.

Never met him, but I remember his posts back in scene when I also used to post visit here a lot. So shocked to hear this.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 05:37:16 PM
I think I only joined this forum near end 2009, but I do remember him. Rest in Peace.