Why do you like Toshi?

Kurenai_Akari · 7157

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:26 AM
Well, I've just been wondering lately. . . why do you ((you fans of Toshi)) like him so much? Is it his charisma, his voice, his looks?

For me. . . I idolize ((not in a creepy way mind you)) Toshi for his will to persevere & his strength. It sounds a little silly, but I really wish that I was like Toshi in that sense because I'm a push-over & I'm the kind of person to let sleeping dogs lie, ya know? But, whenever I watch Toshi's live performance or read about the latest happenings with the H.o.H., it makes me feel. . . empowered, I guess is the word. It's like. . . I feel that if Toshi can be strong & overcome all these obstacles & all of these issues, then maybe I too can be strong & overcome my trials as well. Also, Toshi was kinda. . . there for me when I really needed it the most. ((This is a little personal, but I don't mind sharing it)) Back in March of 2009, my Mom passed away & Toshi's music was the only thing that I really took any kind of solace & comfort in ((especially "Jade" & "Longing~Togireta Melody")). I don't know. . . it's sounds really weird, but during that time. . . it was Toshi & his music that really kept me positive.

So, I'm a little interested in what you guys have to say. If it's too personal, don't feel obligated to say something.

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:29:14 AM
I love the man for his voice and singing at first, then as I read more about him, I feel in love with him more and more...

The way he sings touches my heart so much, I feel like I'm in another world listening to his in ballads, going wild and strong in fast songs. 

Sometimes people forget how major his contribution in X was/is... He has always supported Yoshiki quietly yet firmly. He helped X got their sound. He is a great frontman of X, he commands the crowds. Plus, he's a funny and adorable guy. Sometimes so hot, sometimes so adorable like a child, sometimes so charismatic.

I adore him ^_^
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:31:55 AM by autumnglitter »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:41:19 AM
Pretty much everything you said. He's amazing. :) He seems like a genuinely good person to me and that's something I like in a person, especially a person who is loved by many.  And I don't really care if it sounds creepy, but I think Toshi's attractive. /shrug

And I guess I'm a sucker for a guy who drives a Mercedes. XDDD!
Just kidding. That was just a fun little fact that I found out after getting "Beyond the Moment" in the mail... It just so happens I love those cars.

In all seriousness, the first part of my response is true. I've never heard anyone (other than Freddie Mercury) with such a powerful singing voice. And with Toshi, he sounds just as good live as he does recorded, at least from my concert experience.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:42:09 AM
@ autumnglitter & LoveMeLemoned - I feel the same way & I'm kinda happy to hear that I'm not the only one who really likes Toshi. I just have so much respect & admiration for him and. . . Ah! I just can't form the proper words to really express my gratitude for him ((I know, it's kinda dumb)). It really makes me proud to see him back with his friends & taking a stand against those who have done him harm. I'm so happy that he has done so well so far. . . I hope that he continues to be strong.

Ganbatte Toshi-sensei!

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:46 PM
@ Kurenai_Akari: feel sorry for you for loosing your Mom

I like ToshI because of his voice at the first point, that was what brought me into X, the way he is singing metal and ballads with the same skill, really great, and by dealing with the music more and more of course I was touched by the band history and the break up and HOH time and so I was pleasant surprised, as he announced that he will quitt the cult.
I´m impressed, how he is fighting his self out of the mess and very glad that he is no longer wasting his precious voise to that shallowly HOH music

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50:31 AM
I love Toshi's voice so much! his personallity make me curious so I've been watching him for these couple years,then I love him...I think Toshi is X,without him.I would never hear x'song.

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:56:18 PM
I just love Toshi and i really don't think about that, why i feel that to him (and to other members of X *v*) His voice is soo good: when he sing ballad or when he scream, it's always just cool and its the pleasure for me to listening to him together with X music, sounds just perfect. Also i like Toshi becauose of his sense of humor, he is often so funny. I dont know him, but i think he is good person.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:01 PM
@ elanor, blur & eda - I agree completely with you guys about his voice, it's just ((to me, at least)) the pinnacle of X. **fan girl sigh** That's the kinda voice I want to hear when I wake up & hear when I go to bed at night. <3

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 10:11:40 PM
there won´t be X with out ToshIs voice, Yoshiki knows that, he disbannend X when Toshi left and later on in an interview he was talking about that he took it for selfevident to have Toshi at his side because for their long friendship and later realised, that his music works best with ToshIs chant

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 01:13:08 AM
Yoshiki said that? aww... and I agree, sometimes I feel Toshi brings out the best of Yoshiki's music.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 01:30:45 AM
Toshi has an amazing voice that just helps make X Japan what it is! Although, when I finally saw Toshi in person during their past fall tour, he's alot shorter than I thought!...not saying thats a bad thing or anything, but its funny, lol.

>~X~<

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 04:48:58 AM
@ elanor - Really? Yoshiki said that? **nods** Well, for the first time in my life I must agree with him. XD

@ Brandon - I agree wholly!

Σ( 0 д 0; ) You met Toshi?! Lucky you! I'm jealous. . . Also, how short is he? I'm curious now.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:19 AM
Yes, it was a long interview, but I didn´t saved it somewhere on my PC ( I´m a bit of an officeslut), he was talking about the reunion and there he came to that point, in a different interview, I think the first he gave a long time after hide passed over, he mentioned too, that if he looks back, he was not treating his singer very well, oftenly he was hoarse after a long recording day for singing the same lines again and again, and if he (Yoshiki) was satisfied with  Toshis work, he was not able to communicate that properly. In his biographie he was saying, that he realise that he needs Toshis voice when he finished "Without you"

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 02:54:18 PM
@ elanor..really???he has to stop treating their friends as a slave..someday,maybe they will leave..yoshiki always says the same everytime...very organize words.that's ok,i don't believe him anyway.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 05:50:59 PM
yoshiki  treat (staff) members like shit. i believe his tears about hide sometimes not real. why does he think he is only person who matter?. it hurt me to see how he treat other people.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
we all know that Yoshiki is THE drama queen and he seems to be obsessed by Hide or better his feelings or grief for him, but by the other hand one can´t ignore that he and ToshI spended round about 30 years of their life together, more or less, seems that they can´t do it without each other...
I found a very applicable discription of Yoshikis personality by somebody who knows him well, in Taiji´s book "X no sei to shi", I think here in the forum is the translation I know also to be found. I guess Taiji hit the nail right on the head...

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
he has multiple faces...........from a lovely child till a beast......

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
@ anna_lepard - Really? Huh. . .

@ elanor -  I duuno. . . I want to say that Yoshiki seems fake, but I just can't judge him until I meet him myself.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 10:54:46 AM
For ToshI, much love and respect for many things.  His voice, his performances, neither can be beat. And the abuse he took from HOH and was still able to come back as good as before says a lot about him.  He is a good person and very worthy of a lot of praise.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:48:01 PM
I empathized with Toshi from the very first Youtube video I watched of X. I have never seen an interpreter put that much of themselves in a a live performance. The dude literally sang his guts out in The Last Live. He literally bends over and clutches his stomach as if all his soul had been sucked out of him as he sang the last line. The feels he gave me, man, the feels!

And I also like Toshi because he looks the most like me, of all those guys. Short, black hair, likes food. What else do you need. Toshi is BFF material.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 08:53:03 PM
Toshi is cuteness overload. he's a little cute panda I want to squeeze. And cook with him. And I love his voice.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 09:40:37 AM
I forgot to mention his crooked teeth! THEY'RE SO CUTE, MAN!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 09:45:09 AM
I like his teeth, too.  Natural, not redone or reworked or whatever by dentists to give him a perfect smile.  He's perfect as he is.   ;)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 04:00:18 PM
Toshis voice is amazing - yes. But what I like even more about him is his very down-to-earth personality.  He seems so natural on stage and it really lights up the mood. Seeing how he interacts with fans while he is on stage also really impressed me. I think he's just a really nice guy!  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 04:42:40 PM

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 12:43:21 PM
Toshis voice is amazing - yes. But what I like even more about him is his very down-to-earth personality.  He seems so natural on stage and it really lights up the mood. Seeing how he interacts with fans while he is on stage also really impressed me. I think he's just a really nice guy!  :)
Yes, This! ^^^  Everything.  He is an all around nice guy and a fantastic singer!

Teemeah

Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
Guys, have you seen this rendition of Forever Love from Toshi? OMG, his voice is spotless, crystal clear all throughout. Those highs give me the chill. Perfect control. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vWo3BKL9Zg

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 12:55:48 PM
Yes I have seen that and have it in my playlist.  It's wonderful.  And perfect.   :)