• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi's healing music

MIHO · 8496

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:35 PM
I'd love to have some mp3's of Toshi's "healing" music, because that's the part of Toshi's music that I didn't explored yet.
I  wanted to search on google, but I didn't find anything O_o
So maybe you guys could help me out..?

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:03 PM
It is not allowed to post the links here but I'll PM you. :wink:

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:51 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
It is not allowed to post the links here but I'll PM you. :wink:

Oh, I'm sorry >_<

But thanX!!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:53:15 PM
Tell us your meaning then, please  :wink:

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:55:58 PM
I love Toshi's solo work. His voice is enchanting.

At the moment, I'm having Reiki sessions. So I thought, maybe I should explore Toshi's healing stuff too, it may help me.

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:58:41 PM
Well, it does help me a lot.  But it really depends on whether you like it or not  :wink:

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:00:52 PM
Damn. I'm listening to "lady", and I'm on the verge of crying... This is so beautiful.

Sorry, corny moment X')

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:05:35 PM
Lady is actually a song originally written by Chachamaru for Ded Chaplin - vocal Minoru Niihara from Loudness  :wink:  But the name was "Jane" :lol:
I have it if you want. But I like the Toshi version better  :wink:

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:09:55 PM
MIHO, try Maboroshi no shounen, it's wonderful (esp. the end of that song).

(if you want to, I can send it to you through MSN)

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:32:05 PM
I downloaded the album he has up on iTunes (Utatabi or something I think its called), wonderful stuff and also Earth in the Dark, its simply amazing.

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 09:49:18 PM
Yup  :wink:  from Utatabi I like "Tegami" the best, such a gentle song and sad  :(

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 09:54:44 PM
Tegami, my favourite. :-D I will never forget how we listened to it together with 003chan and tryied to catch at least the words we already knew. :D "Letter", "my dearest flower" (or something like this), "died"... and I came up with a theory how Toshi went for a holiday so he asked Masaya to water his flowers but Masaya forgot. :D

ben

Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 08:10:17 AM
I never like to make any comment about Masaya or his impact in Toshi's life etc, but whatever it was that inspired Toshi's 'healing' music, its very nice and soothing to me especially after a difficult day at work or if I'm feeling bad. I obviously don't understand the Japanese lyrics but the music and his singing is very calming

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 08:47:22 AM
Actually, that's true. Dana claims that Toshi's healing music always makes her feel better when she's sick. :D

Pony rocks!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 10:42:17 AM
EDIT: Thanks MIHO :)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://hideincarnate.livejournal.com
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:28 PM
I'm not sure if the music off of "Aoi Hoshi no Tabihito" counts as healing but I find it very enjoyable! You can buy a good deal of his more recent healing music on amazon.com via download. =)

But if you would like me to share what music I have with you, feel free to PM me or IM me!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 06:52:50 AM
I wouldn't count it as "healing"  :wink:  but it is a bit close to it in the sound :)
In my opinion, as the real "healing" count the works written or/and produced by Masaya, no?

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 04:17:27 PM
Quote from: "003chan"
I wouldn't count it as "healing"  :wink:  but it is a bit close to it in the sound :)
In my opinion, as the real "healing" count the works written or/and produced by Masaya, no?

It's probably closer to "EARTH IN THE DARK" then, right? A rock-healing fusion...

I suppose the works written and/or produced by MASAYA are the 'true' healing pieces...I do think those are all very relaxing. I like "High Flying Birds" best. XD

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 06:15:19 PM
I would "mark" Aoi Hoshi no Tabibito as something like "pre-healing" :lol:

"High Flying Birds" is also one of my most favourites "healing" ones  :)  (the japanese version is maybe even better than the english one) others are the already mentioned "Tegami" and piano version of "Shiawase ni Shikatta"
... and then I like many many others, as well as many other "non-healing" songs  :lol:  
That's why I didn't write anything to the "Favourite Toshi song"  :lol:  I'm just not able to choose one or two  :lol:

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 05:18:56 PM
Yeah, he has so many good songs, healing or not. I find that each time I relisten to an album of his I like something else. XD;

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 12:10:37 PM
For those that are interested, below is a youtube video of what I assume is a rehearsal for a concert, from what I gather is several years old.

Although I completely disagree with what Masaya has done to Toshi, I have to say that Toshi's voice in the healing music is amazing. It is nice to see Toshi performing some of these songs live, and would like to know if anyone has some live clips for songs such as Inochi and Perfect Love (two of my favorites!).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEsvH7TSMM8&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 01:03:48 PM
I do concede that in his 30's Toshi's voice definitely hit a peak from which it has since declined, but I still never really liked his healing music. I never really liked T-Earth either, I just don't rate Masaya as a writer at all. He's certainly prolific in the speed and rate in which he churns out songs, I've just never really connected with any of them.

The only two Masaya-written songs I've actually listened to more than once are "Earth in the Dark" and "Pain", both of which I have now removed from my music inventory in lieu of the revelations which became apparent earlier this year.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 05:36:21 PM
I don't like the atmosphere in that videoclip-rehearsal. Nothing fun. Rehearsals must be fun. His voice is great.

Teemeah

Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 07:31:00 AM
I don't want to listen to them, and give Masaya playtime or money. I know Toshi's work is in it but Masaya gets copyright and royalties credit. And also, this is not healing music, whatever they call it. It was written by a guy who is evil to the core, who exploited, beat and pushed Toshi into bankrupcy and basically destroyed his life. Don't call it healing and soothing, please. That music was made as a lie to make money off Toshi's back.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 09:50:00 AM
I don't condone downloading music, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut to me, downloading the HoH stuff is acceptable.
No one's profiting off it & the only one that gets hurt is HoH. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hate to admit it, but there's a couple of really nice songs that ToshI did perform in HoH (i.e. "Kaze to Mori no Tabibito", "Kimi wa Inaika"/"Are You Still There?", "Beautiful Love Song"). Outside of those songs & "Earth in The Dark", I haven't listened to any of the other HoH works. I kinda want to, but I'm a bit conflicted.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 05:35:05 AM
I don't want to listen to them, and give Masaya playtime or money. I know Toshi's work is in it but Masaya gets copyright and royalties credit. And also, this is not healing music, whatever they call it. It was written by a guy who is evil to the core, who exploited, beat and pushed Toshi into bankrupcy and basically destroyed his life. Don't call it healing and soothing, please. That music was made as a lie to make money off Toshi's back.

I agree 100% !

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
If you listen to it, then no one can stop you, just don't buy any of it. I heard on tumblr that Toshi himself said not to support any of his music under masaya because of not only what the cult did to him, but also, he never seen a penny he earned from those songs.