X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

UPDATE: X Japan Heads to SXSW? The Answer is No.

nihongaku · 4770

Offline nihongaku

• View Profile
    • Nihongaku
on: February 17, 2011, 07:17:06 AM
Still waiting on confirmation from the band's publicist, but it looks like X Japan will play a show at Rusty Spurs in Austin, TX during SXSW on March 19 of this year.

Check it: http://rockoutjapan.com/2011/02/x-japan-at-sxsw/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:44:27 PM by nihongaku »

shane140

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:12:20 AM
This is brilliant, 2 of my favorite bands are playing there now, wish I could go.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:19:29 AM
thanks for the link more here
http://schedule.sxsw.com/?day=19 :)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:42:15 AM
A nice article that should cover most of the questions is up on Xplosion-Online.

One thing I didn't mention there though, is that Rusty Spurs is a gay bar! Just look at their MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/rustyspursaustin

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 10:56:33 AM
So, dress Toshi up in fluffy white dresses, fill 80% of concerts up with ballads, bring a bunch of girls to dance on stage to show off new fashion clothes and performing at a gay bar, great, X Japan are sure on their way to giving a great impression to the US rock crowd.

Here I was excited that this was a good place to perform to get more noticed in the US, and its a gay bar, fantastical.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:08:25 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:54 AM
lol. he might come out of the closet!

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:12:42 PM
One thing I didn't mention there though, is that Rusty Spurs is a gay bar! Just look at their MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/rustyspursaustin
You got to be f*cking kidding me.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 04:42:19 PM
This angers me in a few ways.
1. What the hell kind of venue is Rusty Spurs (damn gay bar)
2. Absolutely NO information from band/management (as usual)
3. I have a feeling Yoshiki has little control over where his crap management decides for them to play. This was evident in the video he released in Sept. on YouTube about the N.A tour locations. It was as if he was reading them for the first time.

I guess the only reason they are playing there is because it's a popular festival. They REALLY need to get COMMUNICATING and tell the Euro's when they are going to Europe, South America, then back to N.A haha.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 05:03:27 PM
I find the gay bar thing amusing actually. xD but hey, on their website they say that they are a "straight-friendly" place. ;D ;D ;D

that aside, yeah, their management seems to have completely different plans than yoshiki does.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 05:18:52 PM
One person on their management team probably looked at X Japan's recent setlists and dress styles and thought, "I know a place where they'll fit right in!".

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 05:19:29 PM
I find the gay bar thing amusing actually. xD but hey, on their website they say that they are a "straight-friendly" place. ;D ;D ;D

that aside, yeah, their management seems to have completely different plans than yoshiki does.

Indeed. I should also add another example...remember in January when Yoshiki slipped about the fashion event and how "he was not supposed to say anything until Feb." -_- OH PLEASE..I'd love to slap his manager(s) upside the head. For each festival they do, I hope they do a few exclusive shows because the fans want that more. They simply need to get on the with the WORLD tour. It boggles me how so many other bands have no issue doing this and knowing how big X Japan is, they should certainly not.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 06:32:44 PM
UPDATE!

I just contacted X Japan's PR manager and she said they are in fact NOT performing at SXSW. She has been in contact with their booking agent this morning in order to have them removed. ... All I can say is VERY ODD. hmm

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 07:22:11 PM
yes!! I'm so glad that's not true, its a shame there wont be an X gig at March, but its better than them playing at that place.

Offline nihongaku

• View Profile
    • Nihongaku
Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:31 PM
UPDATE: It's NOT happening.

Sorry guys. I heard from the publicist this morning and it's a no-go.

Check it: http://rockoutjapan.com/2011/02/denied-x-japan-will-not-be-performing-at-sxsw/

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 07:45:25 PM
yes!! I'm so glad that's not true, its a shame there wont be an X gig at March, but its better than them playing at that place.

I agree. They need to resume the world tour by doing exclusive shows. Forget the festivals.