• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi solo vids

Ulquiorra · 33271

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:25 PM
I just found a video of Paradise live which I don't think has been put on the internet yet, Toshi's vocals are amazing. But I thought that I don't want to make an entire thread for a video of one song, and then I realised there isn't a general thread for Toshi solo videos, and basically any threads on his old solo material date months back on the forums. So this thread is for Toshi solo videos, live or studio between 1992-1997 (and '98 without Masaya).

Here's the Paradise video, best live version, probably better than studio. Skip to 1:50 for the song, there's a section of the talk with Toshi before that though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO3Diod9zXg&feature=related[/youtube] 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:25:58 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:54 PM
♥ Thank you for posting this!

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:08:50 PM
Good!

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48:24 PM
Love it! Thanks for posting.

The channel has other videos I've never seen before as well, awesome. Great find!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:21:40 AM
Toshi's cover of Billy Joel's New York State of Mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbzT_oFEd8[/youtube]

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:50 AM
Man. . . Toshi looked so cool back in the early 90's late 80's. It's probably just me, but I'd love to go crusing around town with "Paradise" blasting from my stereo speakers. Anyways, I wanted to share one of my favorite Toshi songs/videos with you guys. It's called "Hoshi no Butoukan" from his "Aoi no Hoshi Tabibito" album. Enjoy~ <3

[youtube]GWdugfwjzWc[/youtube]

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:40 PM
great videos toshi
is Kurenai_Akari Newbie
is welcome to X freaks

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 06:50:08 PM
thanx to everybody for uploading

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:12:37 PM
great videos toshi
is Kurenai_Akari Newbie
is welcome to X freaks

Thank you for the warm welcome rafalo.  :D

Here's another Toshi video that I wanted to share. I simply adore this song. . .  I don't know why, but it's very moving. . . and plus, it's late 80's/early 90's Toshi, how can I not say no to that? Anyways, here is "Made In Heaven" from his first album "Made In Heaven".

[youtube]LnyrjDiM1Vk[/youtube]

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:05 PM
@Kurenai_Akari
welcome here and thanx for the videos, especially "Made in Heaven", I do love the song too, and I know a Live Version with hide on guitar, but I don´t find the vid, seems I have to tidy up my computer or find someone, who does it for me.
But maybe someone else got the video

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 12:48:05 AM
This is a very small clip of hide playing the solo of made in heaven during a 1993 live, sorry its not the whole song and pretty much just hide's guitar solo, but this is the live you're probably refering to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAO9rBKevLA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:53:20 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 04:15:47 AM
@ elanor: Thank you for the welcome~ To be honest, I'm really happy to hear about other Toshi fans. I don't feel so weird anymore, ya know? XD

@ Ulquiorra: After some YouTube searching, I found the full video of the video you posted. ((It starts out like the PV, but around 3:37 it changes into the Live version with hide's solo))

Also ((just putting it out there)), tight-fitting pants & suspenders + Toshi = DAT ASS

[youtube]qDERhcie9fE[/youtube]

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 06:35:22 AM
This makes me wish I brought my made in HEAVEN VHS to school with me TxT I want to watch it now.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 08:57:41 PM
@ Kurenai_Akira
 COOL, you found it! Personally, I like his jacket, looks a bit similar to something I was wearing during the mid `80s (OMG did we really go out in the street like that?)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35:49 PM
@ LoveMeLemoned - LUCKY! I wish that I had that!

@ elanor - Toshi's jacket was very. . . shiny. (0__0) **Shakes head** I will never understand the 80's. . .

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:34 PM
Thanks all for the links. The New York State of Mind made me cry, and the Hoshi no Butoukan PV is beautiful.  Toshi plays a huge role in my loving X :)

Everything was big and colorful in the 80s : shoulder pads, hair, shirts, pants. ^_^ Music was awesome too ^_^
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:50:50 PM by autumnglitter »

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:52 PM
@ LoveMeLemoned - LUCKY! I wish that I had that!
It was a surprise to actually find one. To be honest I didn't know it existed till I found it. XD Like a mythical treasure or something. XDD

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:07:54 PM
Thanks all for the links. The New York State of Mind made me cry, and the Hoshi no Butoukan PV is beautiful.  Toshi plays a huge role in my loving X :)

Everything was big and colorful in the 80s : shoulder pads, hair, shirts, pants. ^_^ Music was awesome too ^_^

I totally hear you on that! I really admire Toshi & his work~ (^////^) His cover of "New York State of Mind" is was very nice, his Engrish was a little hard to understand at times, but it was still an enjoyable song nonetheless.

Auugh! The 80's was SO blinding!! ((I'm a 90's child. . . born in the dark grunge era lol.))

**NOTE: I mistranslated "Hoshi no Butoukan"!! It's supposed to be "Hoshi no Butoukai" ((-"kai" was the mistranslated part)). Sorry, I got it confused with "Budokan" ((Tokyo Budokan)). . . Sorry again!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:35 PM
It was a surprise to actually find one. To be honest I didn't know it existed till I found it. XD Like a mythical treasure or something. XDD

Sweet! High five! That's pretty cool ya know? I think the oldest thing that I found of Toshi's was the "Grace" album. . . for $23.00 ((unopened)) on ebay.

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 10:25:45 PM
I've been trying to get Grace... but woah, that's overpriced...  I only paid about 11 dollars average on pretty much all of the old school Toshi merch I have *_*
Except maybe one photobook, but... meh. IT WAS WORTH IT. :3
I only have made in HEAVEN so far for CDs. It was about.. 8 dollars. About the same for the VHS since it's not very much in demand... I had to leave them at home just in case, I knew people who had their things damaged at school and insurance didn't cover it, and to me, these things are irreplaceable. ♥

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 10:57:12 PM
I've been trying to get Grace... but woah, that's overpriced...  I only paid about 11 dollars average on pretty much all of the old school Toshi merch I have *_*
I only have made in HEAVEN so far for CDs. It was about.. 8 dollars. About the same for the VHS since it's not very much in demand... I had to leave them at home just in case, I knew people who had their things damaged at school and insurance didn't cover it, and to me, these things are irreplaceable. ♥

Yeah, I was a little wary about getting "Grace" for that much. I could understand if it was two albums ((i.e. "Mission" & "Grace")) in a 2-for-1 deal for that price, buuut nah. Hmm. . .  the only album I have is "Aoi Hoshi no Tabibito" on the p.c.

Here's another video for everyone~ <3 It's "Beyond the Time"! ((Errr. . . this video. . . is plain.))

[youtube]FChjyW40YmA[/youtube]

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:34 PM
 there is nothing to understand at the ´80s,lol
 we were that cool, we were peeing ice cubes, we thought we got cool clothes in cool colors and cool hairstyles and cool make up and it took us later only a short time to realise, how ridiculous same things have been,(but yes it was cool coming to school like that:-)) and by the way it was long ago before the times of www and we didn´t know anything about asian music, we were listening to europian and american stuff, of course the ´80s music was cool, but by looking back, I guess X got the better costumes...

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:02 PM

Yeah, I was a little wary about getting "Grace" for that much. I could understand if it was two albums ((i.e. "Mission" & "Grace")) in a 2-for-1 deal for that price, buuut nah. Hmm. . .  the only album I have is "Aoi Hoshi no Tabibito" on the p.c.

Here's another video for everyone~ <3 It's "Beyond the Time"! ((Errr. . . this video. . . is plain.))

[youtube]FChjyW40YmA[/youtube]
It IS a bit sketchy, I would probably rather search around a bit. xD Especially to get a good deal.
I have a lot of songs from Grace on my computer, but I still would most like to own a hard copy of it :D
I'm in love with all of the songs from made in HEAVEN. I'm making it a project to translate the lyrics! :D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:09 AM
@ LoveMeLemoned - Yeah. . .  I'll probably finish my Dir en Grey C.D. collection before I even have a chance of getting Toshi's C.D.s ((I'm definitely skipping out on the T-EARTH albums just because it'll be a cold day in Hell before I support HoH!))

Oooh! Translating project? Sounds like fun! Good luck man! I'm trying to find romaji lyrics for the "Aoi Hoshi no Tabibito" album right now. It's not so bad, I found most of them, but not all of them.

@ elanor - (^__^) Well, I guess you're right!

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:28:40 AM
Yeah, same here D8 They're not getting a cent of mine. I'm more partial to old-school 90s Toshi anyway. :3

Thanks :D And good luck finding romaji lyrics, sometimes if you find them it's hard to figure out if they're all correct. =__= Though Toshi is clear enough in his vocals that it's not hard to pick errors out with fan-transcribed lyrics. If my lyrics project goes well, maybe I can try tackling the interviews in the photobook, and share them 8D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 12:51:53 AM
@ LoveMeLemoned - **nods** But I'm not gonna lie, I really liked "Taisetsu na Mono" when he was with T-EARTH. It was a very touching song, plus I could actually understand it very well since a lot of the words were words that I was already familiar with. Also, I have to agree with liking old-school Toshi, I just can't deny his hair ((it reminds me of my Ma's hair back in the 90's lol))!

Awww, man! I just checked the site that had the "Aoi Hoshi no Tabibito" lyrics just got 404'd! ( ; o ; )

[youtube]-tCH5eZdMY[/youtube]

Ohhh man, I was listening to this song last night as I was going to sleep & all it did was keep me awake. . . because I watched the video on my BlackBerry. =/

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 01:07:25 AM
If anything, I would probably download any T-EARTH stuff. xD Since that way they won't be getting my money, and .. because Toshi has an amazing voice. :3 I have a PV floating around on my hard drive somewhere, I forget what it's called but I have it nonetheless because I love listening to Toshi. xD;;

DDD: I hate 404 errors. One of the sites I was going to use to download some study-aides for Japanese got 404'd before I got the chance to take advantage of the resources. boooo. =__=

;_; the video isn't showing, or maybe it's just me? I think people in the dorm have been youtubing all day so they keep making me enter captchas to view anything -_-

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 05:12:12 PM
@ LoveMeLemoned - Hmm. . . I dunno. A LOT ((more like most)) of Toshi with T-EARTH's songs are hit & miss with me, like "Earth in the Dark", the video was over-dramatic & Toshi kept making me laugh whenever he would say "earth in the dark ((it seriously sounded like "ass in the dark")); but "Taisetsu na Mono" was good to me.

404's bite. /end

Crap, the video didn't show up for me either. . . it was working fine yesterday.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 06:13:34 PM
Interesting video here, (its only a 1 minute news report), I don't like the band Ladies Room (I think they're pretty bad from the songs I've heard from them), but they performed at a big festival called LOVE ROCKS in 1992, and they had Toshi on stage to sing with them for one song, and the song sounds pretty good and the performance was good, so here's the video, I wonder if we can get anymore info and try and find the full video of this. It would be good to know which song by Ladies Room this was.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZkkCMJ4wMQ[/youtube]

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 09:04:03 PM
@ LoveMeLemoned - Hmm. . . I dunno. A LOT ((more like most)) of Toshi with T-EARTH's songs are hit & miss with me, like "Earth in the Dark", the video was over-dramatic & Toshi kept making me laugh whenever he would say "earth in the dark ((it seriously sounded like "ass in the dark")); but "Taisetsu na Mono" was good to me.

404's bite. /end

Crap, the video didn't show up for me either. . . it was working fine yesterday.
I actually hadn't heard many of the T-EARTH stuff, even though Jun from Phantasmagoria played with them for a while. It was before I was really a fan of X Japan, and so I was less inclined to immediately find the album he participated on. I should probably give them a try, but it feels odd to me.

DD: wtf, I absolutely hate when videos disappear like that. It happens to me pretty often. ;-;