• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Project Asia Girls Explosion

Ulquiorra · 29117

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: March 07, 2011, 03:58:12 AM
Those Heath pictures on the flickr are lovely, was he one of the models too?

I think I saw a picture of Pata with a goatee at Ra:IN's hide's birthday concert, I like it on him.

Thanks for the report, Tanabata. I'm glad to hear Toshi sounded great, now I'm more curious to hear Scarlet Love Song...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:02:02 AM by autumnglitter »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: March 07, 2011, 04:35:17 AM
tanabata really thank you for the report.
I do not really like fashion show

I am also curious to hear Scarlet Love Song

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: March 07, 2011, 10:44:23 AM
Tanabata, Scarlet Love Song was just Toshi and Yoshiki on the piano, no guitars or drums, so was Toshi singing all the high notes like in the preview or was this like an acoustic performance of the song where he sang it in a lower key, like the recent acoustic versions of Forever Love?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:58 PM
ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION YOSHIKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBdHtNySgwo

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: March 07, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that only actually asian girl there is Yoshiki? No?

And... wtf is Manson doing there? :D

Offline skwerly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: March 07, 2011, 03:22:47 PM
XD I think I see at least one female Asian model and, though I know it's not her, one of them looks a lot like my cousin (who is also a female Asian model.)

There seems to be quite a variety of looks at the show. From what I've seen so far, I'm really digging a bunch of the kimono (and the hair) and the one that has a more Grecian feel to it. Some of the other ones I'm not too keen on, but that's just my personal choice.  I mean, there are maybe others that are really into the whole vibe of the 60's look. The more fun vibe of this show keeps making me think of Betsey Johnson in a way. Did not finish looking through the entire flickr set as, um, some friends wanted to do a raid on Sword2 (mmorpg) then my computer started making strange noises *cough*

Thanks for your report, Tanabata! Love reading about the insight of others at the show. Did you find that most people were there for the music or were there actual fashionistas there as well (would you be able to tell)? 

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: March 07, 2011, 03:28:38 PM
Tanabata, thanks for the report, and rafaelo, thanks for all your effort finding links and pictures :) The more I see of them I have to admit I really like Yoshiki´s kimono designs. And he gave the impression that he had lots of fun with all this.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: March 07, 2011, 03:34:11 PM
Ashemanu
thank you for those words

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:14 PM
News report with a little of Scarlet Love Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZXtZ_4ly4

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:29 PM
Ulquiorra
thanks for video

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: March 07, 2011, 05:15:21 PM
News report with a little of Scarlet Love Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZXtZ_4ly4

Toshi's voice is so beautiful. May is much too far away, I want to hear a full version of Scarlet Love Song now! Sounds like such an amazing song.

>~X~<

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: March 07, 2011, 05:39:03 PM
Thanks rafaelo for the links!  Looks like they've added more X pictures on the flickr site.

and thanks Ulquiorra for the vid, hopeful for longer videos and the full version... Guess they don't want to reveal much atm so they did only with piano?

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: March 07, 2011, 09:10:17 PM
@DopeHead: yes, of course there was one asian female model like you said, all the other ladies were there to support beauyochan :P,
but you are right, model buiseness seems to be a bit political inkorrect, the same that you seldem find black models, who look really like black women do

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:27 PM
I am aussming that they play the exact same version of Scarlet Love Song that they did for Toshi's Dinner???

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:02 AM
just saw the actual press release:

X JAPAN'S YOSHIKI HAS MARILYN MANSON
WALK THE RUNWAY AT HIS
"ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION" FASHION EVENT IN TOKYO

Japanese music/fashion icon, X Japan's Yoshiki, co-produced and hosted "Asia
Girls Explosion" on Sunday, March 6, an East-meets-West/fashion-meets-music
event held at the Yoyogi National Stadium in Tokyo, and rocker Marilyn
Manson walked the runway.

"When we came up with the concept for AGE, the first person I thought of was
Marilyn Manson," said Yoshiki.  "He is the fashion icon in rock'n'roll, and
I'm very excited he agreed to be part of the show."

Manson and other international celebrities that included Shenae Grimes.
Jessica Stroup and AnnaLynne McCord from the TV series "90210," presented
trendy but wearable collections from a variety of high-end, international
designers that combined Japanese street fashion with progressive Western
design, and a healthy dose of rock'n'roll style.

"Asia Girls Explosion" also unveiled Yoshiki's own fashion line,
"Yoshikimono," that paid tribute to his parents who ran a Kimono shop when
he was growing up.  "It is a tradition in Japan that the eldest male takes
on the family business," Yoshiki explained.  "But I rebelled and got into
rock'nroll.  With the Yoshikimono line, I feel I'm keeping my parents' dream
alive."

Yoshiki's band, X Japan, one of the biggest rock bands in Japanese history,
is currently recording what will be their first-ever album to be released in
North America.  The album's first single, "Jade," will premiere on March 15,
and the album will be out later this year.

Made me laugh hearing Yoshiki and Marilyn Manson together, but hey in Japan like America a lot of artists reach out to other areas to gain more audience or to be able to fall back on something else since we all know about Yoshiki's condition. I'm not surprised he started the fashion show and showed of the yoshikimono.

I've been watching the event via youtube vids or images and think it must of been a good night for a lot of companies

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 08, 2011, 10:54:20 AM
XD I think I see at least one female Asian model and, though I know it's not her, one of them looks a lot like my cousin (who is also a female Asian model.)

There seems to be quite a variety of looks at the show. From what I've seen so far, I'm really digging a bunch of the kimono (and the hair) and the one that has a more Grecian feel to it. Some of the other ones I'm not too keen on, but that's just my personal choice.  I mean, there are maybe others that are really into the whole vibe of the 60's look. The more fun vibe of this show keeps making me think of Betsey Johnson in a way. Did not finish looking through the entire flickr set as, um, some friends wanted to do a raid on Sword2 (mmorpg) then my computer started making strange noises *cough*

Thanks for your report, Tanabata! Love reading about the insight of others at the show. Did you find that most people were there for the music or were there actual fashionistas there as well (would you be able to tell)? 

It's funny you ask that question.  While we were waiting to get in (like, for about an hour...typical Yoshiki style) there were 2 girls behind us (from Australia or NZ...couldn't tell even though I'm Australian).  They were talking about fashion most of the time.  Their focus was clearly the fashion.  When one of them said something like "Oh, yeah, there's some famous musician here tonight too...I don't remember who" it was all I could do from keeping my mouth shut.  It was very clear that we were there for very different reasons!

We are X!!!!!

Offline skwerly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: March 08, 2011, 02:46:07 PM
I think it's pretty cool that there were people there, hopefully only initially, purely for the fashion aspect. It's difficult for us as fans to hear Yoshiki (& X Japan) referred to as "some famous musician" but, hopefully by the end of the show, the names and their music will not be forgotten by all who attended! Thanks for that interesting tidbit, Tanabata...and kudos to you for your self-control. ;3

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: March 08, 2011, 03:01:33 PM
Yes, Skwerly, it was hard to keep my self-control!  "Some famous musician"!!!  Like, hello, THE best musician to come of Japan (IMHO). 

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: March 08, 2011, 03:11:14 PM
Edit: What the hell! he removed the video! :(  Sorry guys there was a video on youtube of scarlet love song (only audio-blurry) that I linked but uh...read 20 words back.

I'll keep the rest of the post up since it has info on the performance.

It never gets to the chorus where Toshi sings the really high notes, but I did think yesterday it would be hard to find a way to end the song properly with a big chorus like that if they were only playing a short version of it. It still sounds great though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:26:10 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: March 08, 2011, 03:38:17 PM
the video still there, just opened it and still working

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: March 08, 2011, 03:42:07 PM
It went down and then he put it up again instantly then, don't know what he was doing XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4lPJoerEs

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: March 08, 2011, 07:25:00 PM
Toshi sounds great there!

Looks like there are more media coverages on this event than on Toshi's dinner show. Music and fashion media perspective... Hopefully those fashionistas turned X fans after that night ^_^. 

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 07:40:21 PM
Hopefully soon other people who recorded footage with their phones will upload stuff, I can't believe its taking them this long.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:14 PM

Made me laugh hearing Yoshiki and Marilyn Manson together, but hey in Japan like America a lot of artists reach out to other areas to gain more audience or to be able to fall back on something else since we all know about Yoshiki's condition. I'm not surprised he started the fashion show and showed of the yoshikimono.

I've been watching the event via youtube vids or images and think it must of been a good night for a lot of companies

It was reported somewhere that Marilyn Manson was a friend of Hide, in that time he dyed his hair read, could be Yoshiki and MM know each other too

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: March 08, 2011, 08:30:44 PM
I'm impressed they got a clear audio recording for Scarlet Love Song, noone talking in the crowd.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:57 PM

It was reported somewhere that Marilyn Manson was a friend of Hide, in that time he dyed his hair read, could be Yoshiki and MM know each other too

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that hide's band "Zilch" was suppose to open for a Marilyn Manson concert in September of 1998.

>~X~<

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: March 08, 2011, 08:52:14 PM
Ulquiorra
thanks for video

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: March 08, 2011, 09:03:06 PM
And now posted this video here is very cool