Ulquiorra · 29185

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: February 08, 2011, 10:29:18 PM
YOSHIKIMONO × ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION

2011/03/06 ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION @Yoyogi Gym

・YOSHIKI kimono design debut
・Preparation got started about 2 years ago when YOSHIKI visited kimono shop(s) in Kyoto
・They will do an experiment about the kimono show when X live in Tokyo Dome
・They are working on the preparation of sell
・The Fashion Event published "ROSA" and other VUK's new song(s)
・ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION is a collaboration of YOSHIKI and Mr. JayFR
・It has been scheduled that VIOLET UK will debut in the world wide as well as X

From SANSPO newspaper 2011/02/09

Infor source - X Japan Experience - http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/

I'm not really interested in any of this at all, good news for people who are, but I wanted to post this to point out some potentially very bad news.

First bit of bad news basically confirmed "They will do an experiment about the kimono show when X live in Tokyo Dome".

Utter, Fail.

Which brings the potentially very bad news which is "It has been scheduled that VIOLET UK will debut in the world wide as well as X"

It might not mean this, the two shows could be happening at different times, but, If Yoshiki, brings Violet UK around the world with X Japan on the US tour, bringing their fashion shows on the stage during X concerts to US audiences who've never seen X before, then he is a complete MORON.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:49:57 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:45 PM
We will see if there is really a connection between X-Japan shows and the stuff Yoshiki is doing in his spare time, he so often talks about all the things he will do with Violet UK, has written over 300(!) songs for it, is recording and recording and so on... and nothing important happend, and of course I hope he won´t combine a rock concert with a fashion show... He can´t be that blond, not really
tell me, he is not...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:29:48 PM
so, that's the "show" he was talkin' about on his twitter -_- sad.... I hope he will concentrate on X-music though *sigh*

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:39:36 AM
I'm all for a release of Violet UK music.....the rest...I dunno

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:07 AM
I'm all for a release of Violet UK music.....the rest...I dunno

same here!

Plus, I just wanna see X Japan in Europe FOR THE FIRST TIME, I really don't care if it's gonna be together with a fashion show or not

PARTY HARD

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:06 AM
I don´t wanna see a fashion show together with X Japan, but I will see them in Europe too, really, if they would like to bring any "side dishes", I will stand it

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 08:49:24 AM
... Just want the hell Yoshiki is thinking about???

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:58 AM
An article in English is up on MusicJapanPlus.

This is my administrator color.

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:20:49 AM
he is not only weak in the morning, but also a VERY WEAK MULTITASKER! 
SIGHZ!!!

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:39:01 AM
I´m a bit confused now, because I thought the most important aspeckt of his career as a musician was the music, now I know it better; very strange
And what about that stuff that there is no meaning in music without fashion and reverted, I can listen to good music without wasting any single thought on fashion, but maybe I didn´t got the point!?
Anybody able to explain that?

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 12:19:58 PM
no more fashion show on x japan live .  What is wrong with this man?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:42:23 PM

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:36 PM
The biggest problem with all of this is that most American's who've never seen X before (I'm sorry if I'm stereotyping American's, you're not all like it, but from what I understand most are when it comes to this) will think that X are a time wasting, girly band if Yoshiki starts bringing out the pop/disco music with fashion girls routine. They're already slightly pushing things with their current setlist and imo the atmosphere of 'Born to be Free', but I can stand that, this however would be going too far.

If you go onto the Extasy 92' summit performance of Ace of Spades and X's Born to be Wild covers, there's tons of people immediatly attacking them for their appearence ( for example, "I'd ask any of these girls out" , "fuck these guys are just lame glam shit") just because the vocals weren't very good. Yoshiki is going to ruin this band if he involves Violet UK with the US lives.

Quote from Yoshiki in that english report "Fashion shows and concerts are similar, yet they are also very different.".

It has essentially F' all to do with rock concerts, keep your fashion shit away from X japan.

"there is no meaning in music without fashion"

Um, I don't think any rock band should go on stage wearing completely ordinary clothes as if they can't be bothered like new bands do, but man, he's truly lost it.

Maybe Yoshiki will dress up Toshi in the famous wedding dress next time they perform Born to be Free, I say this since Toshi's white suits have been getting progressively more frilly and feathery as the concerts have gone on, and since Yoshiki's lost his mind there's only one step up from the one he was wearing at Yokohama.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:36:29 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 05:09:46 PM
Ulquiorra, that's a horrid thought! Leave poor ToshI out of this fashion show crap... Yoshiki may be out of his mind, but I believe ToshI still have some sense left.

hmm... I wonder who is the vocal for VUK this time.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 05:15:12 PM
That whole section about Toshi was only a joke, but what I meant was that Yoshiki would make Toshi do it, I never said that Toshi would think its a good idea. As for the white suits he's been wearing at the recent X concerts and his solo concerts, I think they're his idea anyway, I'm pretty sure he said at his "final" solo live "I'm wearing what I want tonight as its my solo concert".

Also, more crap from Yoshiki.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/02/yoshiki-to-hold-a-huge-fashion-event-violet-uk-rumored-to-appear/

"While a fashion event is always exciting, this particular show aims to be one of the biggest events of the year. Rumor has it that the show will host the debut appearance of VIOLET UK, a group that YOSHIKI has been working on for almost 10 years. Smiling fearlessly, the rocker told reporters that his goal was to “overthrow X JAPAN”."

Wow...just wow.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:19:31 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 05:27:08 PM
I know it was a joke, and I do think those frilly and feathery white suits were probably his idea of having some wings (remember his solo symbol is a T with a pair of wings).

Overthrow X JAPAN? Wow. Good luck trying... unless he intend to make ToshI the VUK's vocal...

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 07:19:23 PM
Maybe Yoshiki was joking too with that "overthrow X Japan" remark ... don´t stress yourselves too much yet ... it´s all talk right now, not actual action.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:30 PM
That is really odd and quite frightening. In my opinion, X Japan has a waaay bigger chance of taking off in the West than Violet UK. This HAS to be a joke or misinterpreted figure of speech or something because I can't possibly see Yoshiki just shelfing X Japan when, in my opinion, the band is at it's most critical time. Why would he sign a 3 year contract with EMI? Do we have clarification that EMI will ONLY be releasing X Japan material or is it anything that Yoshiki decides, which in that case, they could ship VUK material too...=/

In terms of the fashion show stuff, I don't really care about it so I would indeed be quite annoyed if there was some fashion gig during one of their shows but I HIGHLY doubt Yoshiki would host that kind of thing during a show in the West.

I really wish Yoshiki would give more details about X Japan's plans for 2011. He SHOULD know that is what 99% of his fans want. I mean for god sake, look at his facebook comments, it's hoards of people begging for tour info. I understand that they are probably (hopefully) trying to figure out the next dates/locations but he could at least say "We're planning the next tour for ....!!! Get Xcited! More info soon!"

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 10:04:41 PM
@Ulquiorra
see it in the same way, I do really want X Japan to play in Europe, and I´m sure it would work, if they will do it like it was in the states last fall, I don´t see a real chance for a coloboration between a rock concert and a fashionevent, because european fans are different from the japanese. I can imagine, it will work there, but here, don´t think so.
The other day The Fashion Week took place in Berlin, and  positiv reactions were hard to find in the media, seems not to be the right time for skinny girls in strange clothes. It would be to bad, if the magnificence of the music will be covered by clothes no one is really interested.
I hope somebody is able to explain that to Yoshiki and he will listen, he may live a bit like in an ivory tower...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 10:53:24 PM
Its sad that I have to get this info from xwonderland, the people there are just nutty fangirls with no vision at all why anything Yoshiki does could be wrong, just "I hope Yoshiki likes his fashion clothes" and "I can't wait for the Stan Lee Yoshiki comic" blah blah. Their positivity doesn't falter for a millisecond.

edit: btw, I'm sorry if I'm annoying anyone by sounding a bit pissed off in all these posts.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:05:46 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 12:48:56 AM
OK, to be honest - I dislike all these fashion things\events, but I put up with them as long as they dont affect music too much -_- What bothers me most is that strange comment about "overthrowing..." >_< I still consider it to be weird joke though *deep sigh* But I really don't get what's goin on with Yoshiki >_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:05 AM
LOL, guys it's just A SIDE PROJECT, it's not like it covers the 2/3 of the gig.

It's not that I LIKE it either, but all the "ZOMFG what is Yoshiki doing!!!D=" or "I thought he was dedicated in music only D=" comments are a bit too much.

PARTY HARD

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 08:04:36 AM
Its not right that Yoshiki thinks he can force it on us, and it will have a devastating effect at X's world tour concerts if they do bring them on there.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:02 AM
lol @ overthrowing X Japan. VUK has been teased for more than a decade; it can never live up to that, whether it actually turns out to be good or simple crap.
Furthermore, I'm still not quite sure about the direction VUK is going, both music and show-style wise. Still I have to admit that I'm curious about it and will definetely check it out, if anything goes down seriously.
At the same time I hope that YOSHIKI won't force VUK parts into X JAPAN shows. So far it has been more of a weird break-act in between a show (pretty much a pre-show act that takes part in the middle of the main show....@.@).
If he happens to pull that off at a X JAPAN show I'm physically attending I wouldn't be that upset and just use the time for going to the restroom or getting a drink :D

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 12:08:30 PM
This is why I cant take X Japan seriously anymore.

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 02:06:24 PM
I hate that fasion show,like black parade of demons....it's stupid idea combine x and vuk.the only good thing is they have time to rest especially for ToshI.and that brocade suits....very yoshiki's.
lol @ overthrowing X Japan. VUK has been teased for more than a decade; it can never live up to that, whether it actually turns out to be good or simple crap.
Furthermore, I'm still not quite sure about the direction VUK is going, both music and show-style wise. Still I have to admit that I'm curious about it and will definetely check it out, if anything goes down seriously.
At the same time I hope that YOSHIKI won't force VUK parts into X JAPAN shows. So far it has been more of a weird break-act in between a show (pretty much a pre-show act that takes part in the middle of the main show....@.@).
If he happens to pull that off at a X JAPAN show I'm physically attending I wouldn't be that upset and just use the time for going to the restroom or getting a drink :D

I agree with you....time to sleep!

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 09:00:35 PM
I don't care if it's being mixed with VioletUK shows. I don't think he will do the fashion show at the X concerts, but if he does it, please do it in the beginning (in change of opening acts) or in the breaks. I want a longer setlist than the last US tour.

I hope X Japan is his first priority.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 09:58:32 PM
As I said before I wouldn't mind Violet UK. Hell, I'd LOVE for him to finally release material from the project. The fashion show however, is the thing I'm not particularly interested. I personally would find it interestingly for X to take over America with Violet UK backing it.