The Drum Break

Sander · 14993

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: July 24, 2006, 06:57:13 PM
Is it "fake" (planned previously) or "real" (happed becouse of Yoshiki's emotions)?

I really don't know what to think. All indicates on the "fake" option- XJ's "Visual" style, the lights were set to dark red and the next song (Drain) didn't need Yoshiki on the drums... Maybe there are even more... But there is one thing that keeps bugging me... The song before the Drum Break is Dahlia, and at the end of it, when Toshi is singing behind Yoshiki, he like is waiting for some reaction from Yoshiki. My only guess is headbanging... In so me special way, becouse he does headbang but it more like seems to be meant to keep Toshi away or something :P ... Well there is no "reaction", Yoshiki is ignoring Toshi, like not listening to him... Maybe he even gets mad about him... And it also seems to disturb Toshi- he even misses a line (at 5:56 in the video). And after the song- BAM!

The video of Dahlia can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbI2yvRLdMs
I couldn't find one with drum break, if you find it, give me the link please ;) :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 11:50:53 PM
Well, everybody knows that this is a "fake" as you called, yes, it's planned beacuse The Last Live wasn't the only live that Yoshiki did this, the 1995.04.12 in a live in Hokkaido just before Unfinished there was a drum break, if you download that bootleg you'll see the mp3 file :wink:, so yes, it's planned.

And Yoshiki is not ignoring Toshi, what happens is that Yoshiki was very concentrated on the drums, if you see X Japan lives in 1989 you'll see the same thing :wink:, but what's true is that yes, Toshi seems to be mad :(

hi there

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:02:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UkRmPlCSc&search=x%20japan%20drum%20break

:)

It has been planned for sure. Because the lights change and who would carry a spare kit (the acrylic one) with him on a gig for nothing. And if I would have been their roadie I would have gone mad. :D It fits X's style to bash a drumkit during the gig but if you look Yoshiki when he's doing it. Seems to me he's very sad and maybe about something. Maybe because X Japan was breaking up? Dunno but I honestly think that. He's very tired after breaking it and collapses on to the stage... Seems to me that he's feeling great pain inside him and this was one way to release it...

I've seen lot's of drummer break their kits during or after the gig. But none like this...

'm at my wits end

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 10:13:53 PM
And he had broken wrists and neck!

And I think every decent world known superband will have some spare equipment on their most important concert :D

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:39:05 AM
Quote from: "Hypno"
And he had broken wrists and neck!

What?! Wrists too? I noticed his neck was hurt but he played with broken wrists? That should be nearly impossible! O_O

'm at my wits end

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 03:23:50 PM
The wrists were probably not broken, but were broken before and had just healed... Or not copletley healed... Or sumthing like that...

Smarter ppl please comment :)

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:53:20 PM
I wouldn't call it "fake". Of course it was planned, when the drumbreak will be. It would have been stupid when Yoshiki powers himself out with this act and knowing that he has to drum in the next song.

Month ago I read somewere (don't know were it was anymore) that they made a rough planning of the concert, and things like the piano solo were also planned, but Yoshiki said that he was going to play those songs when he's in the mood for it. That means that there was no real rehearsal before.

But I think one can feel that he can't wait to make the drumbreak when "Dahlia" was over. It doesn't take one second after he played the last beat of "Dahlia" and he started to destroy the drumset. I've often seen him destroying his drumset - but not in this way with so much anger. Seems like he didn*t want to stop it anymore.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 09:55:17 AM
Is it "fake" (planned previously) or "real" (happed becouse of Yoshiki's emotions)?

I really don't know what to think. All indicates on the "fake" option- XJ's "Visual" style, the lights were set to dark red and the next song (Drain) didn't need Yoshiki on the drums... Maybe there are even more... But there is one thing that keeps bugging me... The song before the Drum Break is Dahlia, and at the end of it, when Toshi is singing behind Yoshiki, he like is waiting for some reaction from Yoshiki. My only guess is headbanging... In so me special way, becouse he does headbang but it more like seems to be meant to keep Toshi away or something :P ... Well there is no "reaction", Yoshiki is ignoring Toshi, like not listening to him... Maybe he even gets mad about him... And it also seems to disturb Toshi- he even misses a line (at 5:56 in the video). And after the song- BAM!

The video of Dahlia can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbI2yvRLdMs
I couldn't find one with drum break, if you find it, give me the link please ;) :)

pardon me guys i thinks you have to see it once more but make sure you see it with open eyes "BIG OPEN EYES" don't blink if you have to, cause from what i have saw, i saw the otherway from you, you said toshi-kun is waiting for Yoshiki reaction but for what i have saw and i heard that he having trouble with the stupid microphone, he focus on that, so he won't disapointed all X fans.

and i also saw Yoshiki waving his head to toshi's chess and then he smiling and palying with his tongue and he seem to enjoy doing that, it's seem that Yoshiki waiting for toshi reaction, but toshi didn't give him any reactions because he still having trouble with his fucking microphone, and Yoshiki still trying to get toshi reactions by laying his body to toshi's shoulder.

and i also saw yoshiki laying his body to toshi's chess for the third one, but still toshi was busy with his fucking microphone, and when the trouble is geting worse he get angry with that trouble and he leave Yoshiki.

i think you have to check it carefully.

grace' and 'beautiful harmoni' are 'made in heaven'

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:04:26 PM
So Yoshiki got angry over the microphone? :D:D

Actually I don't think it was the microphone but rathe the little earphone. If you sing on a big stage (VERY big in this case) it is really important for you (the singer) to hear yourself clearly (also for the band playing the instruments), otherwise you could sing rather badly (belive me, I got to know it the hard way :P ).

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 03:49:12 PM

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 05:05:46 PM
The drum break... :P

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 07:23:12 AM
So Yoshiki got angry over the microphone? :D:D

Actually I don't think it was the microphone but rathe the little earphone. If you sing on a big stage (VERY big in this case) it is really important for you (the singer) to hear yourself clearly (also for the band playing the instruments), otherwise you could sing rather badly (belive me, I got to know it the hard way :P ).

hypno first i would like to say sorry for using bad language in my first time join in to your forum, would you forgive me?

you know hypno, maybe you think that i'm a girl with trash mouth, but actually i'm a sweet girl :wink:  :D   nooooot  :lol:

you know hypno the other reason why i join your forum is because here in Indonesia there's is Xjapan Forum too, and they're mean to Toshi-kun, and when i visited your forum my head got burn cause i still read people say mean thing about Toshi-kun.

and i said "Ok, i had enough about this, i must say something" so i did, the thing that make me upset is what you've said 'toshi waiting for yoshikis reaction', for me it sounds like Toshi-kun was bagging just to get reactions from Yoshiki, while he didn't have to do that, cause as i know they're best friend, Hypno if we have a friend, do we have to bagg just to get reactions from our friends?.... if we do it's not a true friendship then.

and i also want to say sorry cause i'm not gonna answer  your question 'So Yoshiki got angry over the microphone?' cause it's not a big problem for me, sorry hypno. :wink:  :arrow:

hypno i have this question for you, and maybe for other X Freaks, isn't toshi diserve to be loved too?......for what he have done for X and X japan.

well hypno that's all i want to say, and once again sorry for using bad language.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 07:47:45 AM
Hehe no problem...

And we all love Toshi (the Toshi before he joined Masaya) and we are not saying mean things about him. I was just trying to think of a theory (which is already overridden by other posters) :)

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 08:19:04 AM
but hypno some how i still love him now, even though i  know that he join Masaya, cause i still hoping that he will return to us someday, and Hypno thank for not mad at me :oops:  :D

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 08:29:22 AM
Hehe no problem...

And we all love Toshi (the Toshi before he joined Masaya)

so you not Love him anymore? :cry:

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 09:02:36 AM
hey welcome another indonesian x freaks! ^^

i still love Toshi no matter what. yea! love all x members! :)

..I wish I were there beside you...

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:24:44 AM
Quote from: "Yoshide"
hey welcome another indonesian x freaks! ^^

i still love Toshi no matter what. yea! love all x members! :)

thanks if you who you're mean is me, how long you know X?

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 09:29:27 AM
aha yes you are who i meant to.

well it'll be out of topic if we talk about that ^^;

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:31:36 AM
Umm I don't think you get it... I like the way Toshi was until Masaya came up, now I care for him still but I don't like the way he is (ask PanthereNoire about that, but in January, she has alot of work right now :P ). I'm just hoping that one day, maybe all the cult members get hit by a car or something and Toshi can be free again.

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 12:33:54 PM
Hypno, that is so cruel ^^;;;

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 01:27:05 PM
What, the car thing? Well I guess you are right... Ok I don't wish they'd be run over by cars so they could suffer in hospital abit before they pass away, but rather lots of big trucks so they'd be gone before they could feel anything.

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 16, 2006, 01:40:13 PM
O_o it's just the same cruel...no no no >_<

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 10:20:23 AM
*usually objects to plans of cruel treatment, but keeps silent on this one*

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 04:58:15 AM
Umm I don't think you get it... I like the way Toshi was until Masaya came up, now I care for him still but I don't like the way he is (ask PanthereNoire about that, but in January, she has alot of work right now :P ). I'm just hoping that one day, maybe all the cult members get hit by a car or something and Toshi can be free again.

ooh so thats is what you mean  :D

thats a bit cruel but I hoping for that too, not inocent cult members but specially masaya  :twisted:

<---- *think something very evil*

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 07:58:21 AM
can i be mean to about masaya? :twisted:  :D  well as we all know Japanese have the fastes train called Shinkansen(sorry if i wrong to write Shinkansen)  right, well i hope masaya got crash by Shinkansen (ooh god please mercy me) and die  :oops:  :twisted:

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 09:47:10 AM
Quote from: "utari_morie"
can i be mean to about masaya? :twisted:  :D  well as we all know Japanese have the fastes train called Shinkansen(sorry if i wrong to write Shinkansen)  right, well i hope masaya got crash by Shinkansen (ooh god please mercy me) and die  :oops:  :twisted:
Or live... That'd be more painful, ne?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
hypno wrote:
Or live... That'd be more painful, ne?

kenshins wise words :wink:
Kenshin said that? Don't remember :P

Kenshin would have said "Or live... That'd be more painful, gozaru?" :D :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 10:14:38 AM
OmfG... 1000$ is like... 3 months of summer job for me... Hard summer job, like 5 days a week, 8 hours a day (minus one lunch hour)

Offline migashi69

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 06:38:46 AM
What, the car thing? Well I guess you are right... Ok I don't wish they'd be run over by cars so they could suffer in hospital abit before they pass away, but rather lots of big trucks so they'd be gone before they could feel anything.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: toshi    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im wishing or the samething

but i dont think its going to make much of a difrence now.. T__T

ndless...

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 07:38:56 AM
every body have a little devil inside ooooohhhhhh i like this ....... :oops:  :twisted:  :evil:  :D  :D  .....(specialy for Masaya, come out Masaya, look what is waiting for you, cars, sword, train.....what else guys.... :twisted:  :evil: )