What instrument(s) do you play?

ferret · 28514

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #90 on: October 01, 2010, 10:26:57 AM
I play a little bit of bass guitar and keyboards..

My main instrument is the guitar both in acoustic and electric. I've been playing for a few years.. on and off.. but it's only now that I'm actually learning to properly read music. So I'm a proud beginner all over again! ^__^

I tried learning how to play guitar, and but it turns out my fingers are too short to play barre chords! They can stretch just fine, but my index finger just isn't long enough. Maybe I'll look for a model with a thinner neck or pick up a 3/4 guitar one of these days, but that was really frustrating...

Yep, definitely try getting a smaller-bodied guitar with thinner neck. Cheers and goodluck!

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 03:56:59 AM
I've played bass since I was 13, but I didn't play it for a whole year (15-16) because I had to quit my lessons and...dunno, but I felt like the worst bassist in the world....
Last year a friend introduced me to a guy who was looking for a bassist for his band and I began playing again (: looks like I just needed a little motivation xD
I don't know much about music theory as well. Making me read a music sheet is like making me reading in russian; I have a good tecnique, so I just play, but I'd love to take proper music lessons someday.
My greatest dream is to play drums, but my parents wouldn't let me xD I'd also love to play piano later on, we have one at home but only my boyfriend plays it....

In dazzle, I was ready to be destroyed under the power, was invisible.
When I saw the truth, I heard my ghost cry...

Offline herbaltea

• View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 12, 2011, 05:37:12 AM
I like to play guitar. Bass guitar sure is an interesting instrument. In my opinion, once you have mastered the guitar lick, then grab your metronome and set it to 80 bpm. This speed is very important.

Offline aaricjackson

• View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 11, 2011, 07:49:13 AM
I like to play the Guitar and Drum, they both are good instrument to play. It gives the great entertain and i am feel relax when i am play this instrument.

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:22 PM
I've been playing drums for a few years now. Other then that I wouldn't mind learning guitar and piano.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #95 on: February 07, 2014, 04:35:32 AM
I play people's nerves. Although lately it's people playing mine. :|

May X be with you!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #96 on: February 07, 2014, 07:24:23 PM
LOL nage!

I still dont play any instrument, aside of Wii Rock Band drums. ;D
I am trying to learn how to play guitar, but I am simplly lacking time to do so, boooo :(

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:37 PM
Haha, even though some people think Rock Band or guitar hero instruments don't count, I feel they do in a way. It requires timing skills and reading "note" on the fly which is what you have to do playing an actual instrument anyway! And the drums even more so, as you are doing what you would be doing on a real drum kit anyway? :P

I learnt to play Alto Clarinet in high school, played for 5 years...that was 6 years ago and as I rented the instrument, I haven't played since :\ But I got a piano during my final year of high school and still have that. Even though I don't play often and have never had lessons, I can play reasonably ok!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #98 on: February 08, 2014, 10:41:21 AM
I play keyboard! :D I especially love organ-sounds, like Jon Lord in Deep Purple. And of course, cheesy 80s effects like Europe. (It's the final counnttdooownnn!! pupupupupuuu! pupupupuuuu!)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #99 on: March 19, 2017, 07:09:11 PM
I started taking piano lessons 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's the first musical instrument that I'm learning. I know that I am pretty late, but at least I finally started. I've been wanting to learn piano for many many years, but never had the time/money/opportunity to do so. Finally a dream is coming true. ;-)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:34 PM
I started taking piano lessons 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's the first musical instrument that I'm learning. I know that I am pretty late, but at least I finally started. I've been wanting to learn piano for many many years, but never had the time/money/opportunity to do so. Finally a dream is coming true. ;-)

Wow! I am so happy for you! I wanted to learn to play the piano since I was a kid.
When I was in the primary school, we had music lesson. I hardly understand how to read the sheet music even thought after many lessons. Then I decided that I am not the music type at all. I think the idea of being able to play and the reality is quite different. Which X song do you want to learn to play? For me it would be unfinished.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #101 on: March 19, 2017, 09:36:52 PM

Wow! I am so happy for you! I wanted to learn to play the piano since I was a kid.
When I was in the primary school, we had music lesson. I hardly understand how to read the sheet music even thought after many lessons. Then I decided that I am not the music type at all. I think the idea of being able to play and the reality is quite different. Which X song do you want to learn to play? For me it would be unfinished.

I actually showed my teacher "Endless Rain" and asked her "When will I be able to play something like this?" She was a little surprised and said that it's a bit too complicated for now, but maybe in a few months. So I guess that's what I'm going to try to play first...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #102 on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:26 PM
Uhm...

Started with flute at the age of 4... Play guitar (classical trained) for approx 22 years now. Drums about 15 years.
Also I play some other instrumnts a little bit... piano, started playing bass-guitar about a year ago, ...
Used to play in different bands back in the days. started with Punkrock as a vocalist and guitarplayer, later switched to drums and played more Jazz/funk/blues/stoner rock stuff. Besides that I've made electronic and also chipmusic with old synthesizers and Atari computers. Sometimes with a simple GameBoy...

Yes... long time ago ;)

Oh, atm I am learning Rose Of Pain on guitar. It's such a beautiful song to play
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:54:33 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #103 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:33 PM
So jealous here, everyone playing multiple instruments and such. I never learnt any instrument, I come from a small village where there was no real possibility and also we lacked the money to buy an instrument. My granddad played violin but he died soon after I was born, so the whole music thing just escaped me :( I'm kind of curious whether I would be able to learn now (I'm 35). I've been fascinated by the bass guitar for a long time. But it's a huge commitment to buy an expensive bass and then find out that one sucks at playing. :( so I am unsure whether to venture on this road or not.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #104 on: August 08, 2017, 03:12:52 PM
Tried acoutic guitar, but I guess it's not my tool.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 19, 2018, 10:50:39 AM
I started playing flute both at school and private lessons when I was 5 years old, went on through school with it, through high school and into college.  I also gave lessons after high school and played in the university orchestra.

I have played piano but not well.  I am mostly self taught with that but did have some lessons in college which was kind of a laughable story.  LOL.   I played what I wanted to play, not what I was supposed to learn and play.  Good thing i never got caught doing that as no telling what the instructor would have done. 

I've moved all over the country in the past 20 years and somehow, my flute got lost.  :o  :-[  I'm sure it's here, somewhere but I am still unpacking things and will find it, eventually.  Of course, I don't play like I used to.  I used to take it with me, everywhere I went and would pull it out and just start playing something, usually something by Tchaikovsky as I am classically trained.  But I also would just mimic anything I heard of a rock or jazz song I liked.  I miss playing it as it was good for destressing and losing myself in the music.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 19, 2018, 10:54:44 AM
hey friday,
you can see something here,
but the videos are few months old.. I'm practicing since 3 months like hell. The posted songs now sounding much better than they do in the clips.
Now I'm waiting for my new piano, which arrive in 2 weeks :)
You are very good.  I've listened to this song 3 times, so far and really like what you have done, here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=ma3BFoEwjPI

You may never see this as I don't see you on the forum but keep up the good work because you have much potential.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 20, 2018, 07:04:13 AM
I started playing the guitar when I was 15, it's been on and off for a number of reasons but I've taken it more seriously the last few years. I mainly play rock and metal but something I really like is playing acoustic versions of those songs, like Rose of Pain.

I started playing classical piano when I was 7 or 8. I haven't played in years, as I focused more on guitar and I left the keyboards behind when I moved but I'd like to do it again some day. I wish I never stopped but it taught me a lot of things that stayed with me about theory, reading sheet music, etc.