• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

I just had an interesting thought...

yznpryde · 5524

Offline yznpryde

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:11 AM
If X JAPAN has a future concert during their reunion, maybe they don't need to replace hide after all.

Maybe they can pre-record hide's guitar parts, and during the performance, project a 3-D holographic image of hide playing his guitar on stage! Sort of like during the Art Of Life performance, there was a projection of Yoshiki playing the beginning of the piano solo. However, it would have to be much more complex and vivid this time, but technology has advanced much since then!

What do you guys think of this idea?  :)

不管白猫、黑猫,逮住老鼠就是好猫。"

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:18:14 AM
it doesnt have to do with technology but i dont think Yoshiki would like to do that.he would replace hide,thats for sure....its hard to replace members but i dont think that Yoshiki would do sth like that.i dont know...if he does it...woo.i'm gonna cry  :o  :)

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:18:02 PM
Ah come on, there's been enough mourning already ;)

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 05:15:02 PM
:? NO WAY HAS THERE BEEN ENOUGH MOURNING!!!! :evil:  :evil:

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:33:21 PM
this have already been done several times

hi there

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:15:15 PM
honestly a lot of bands go through line changes... it's nice if Hide is here, but it's not the end of the world either.

Just to look at a few cases,
Look at Metallica for instance,
Cliff Burton died in that crash, then Jason Newsted replaced him, then Robert Trujillo

Black Sabbath went through 2x different members...

I'm sure the new guitarist X Japan will bring in (if at all) is ready to contribute..

I'm not saying this to disrespect Hide, his guitar sound is irreplaceable, but if this is the reality, so be it. gotta start looking forward

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 11:36:26 PM
It's enough that the drums come as playback when Yoshiki plays the piano, I think it would really take the life out of the music if hides parts would come as playback, not played by someone else.

Mod color o' mine

Offline daybreak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 05:25:13 AM
Personally, i feel that hide's role in x japan's MUSIC COMPOSITION issin't really replacable. If you look at Taiji, after he left, the sound of the bass changed in x japan songs. When Taiji was still playing, there were emphasis on the bass and it gives X songs a good heavy effect. When it was changed to Heath, X songs changed; it seems that the bass was given a lesser role. Not forgetting too that Heath and Taiji had different music arrangement preferences; Taiji's bass compositions are more agressive and rock while Heath is more reserved and slightly more mellow.

I watched a video of yoshiki's, the new beginning i think, he mentioned that hide was in charge of the guitar's composition in x songs. So with that i thought its quite certain that the new x songs would be different. The replacement definitely will not have the exact same musical senses as hide and so when he composes the guitar parts, its definitely going to be very different. I just hope that whoever is filling in for hide, is as good as him if not better.

As a selfish hide fan though, if there arent going to be new songs, i hope there won't be any replacement; a playback is a good idea.

sorry if this post issin't supposed to be in this topic, there are so many topics debating whether hide is replacable that i got confused and decided to comment in the lastest one. ^^

Offline Tamika

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 07:06:06 AM
I agree with Daybreak...
And myself I think that Hide is unreplasable... It wouldn't be the same.
So if they have to do another X i vote for playback.

But then again i don't understand why there going back togheter.. Everybody has another band right??

It wouldn't be the same without hide...

Btw can anybody give me an "adress" to youtube, for a song where Taiji still plays bass?

Remember that we used to Run in the Sunshine, the Snow and the Rain. But mostly we Ran in Dreams of Paradise*

~1998, Hides the Lights, Hides the Stars. But I know it's not thet fun, staring at a loaded Gun~

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:39:25 AM
bravo! strongly agree.

It's a shame hide can no longer take part. but a lot of bands go through major line changes. I don't see why X Japan can't.  

Tamika:
A lot of musicians have a few different bands or solo projects going on at the same time. There are no conflicts. For a while, Kerry King was playing guitar for 2 of the most prolific bands in the 80s, Megadeth and Slayer.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:30:48 PM by Maverick »

Offline daybreak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 01:18:43 PM
erm..could you please point out which sentence in my post did i ever meant that x can't continue without hide? i just said it was different? and i said the person filling in should be as good if not better than hide? The whole point of my post is about x japan's sound, how is it different with different members. Everyone is saying hide can't be replace while others are saying he can be replaced; and i am saying that when he is replaced, the sound is different and no one can replace the sound he make in the songs; the replacement can make the song sound better or it can be worse, but its still different. Just like how Heath couldn't make the bass sound like Taiji.

Here's the link from the new beginning, i understand chinese and not japanese, if i'm watching an inaccurate chinese translation, my bad.

at 0657. The direct translation of that chinese text is "hide is in charge of guitar composition"

And i did specify 'as a SELFISH hide fan', when i added selfish, i wanted to say that IF i'm trying to be spoilt (i only want hide and no one else) and not considering how the concert would turn out, i would prefer a playback. But actually i agree with Hurley that it would take life out of the concert. i'm sorry i used "as a selfish hide fan" and not "if i were a selfish hide fan." Does this settles everything? Do let me know if that chinese text is wrong. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:31:26 PM by Maverick »

Offline daybreak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:33:16 PM
yep it did (:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:31:57 PM by Maverick »

Offline daybreak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 03:20:37 PM
Now that would be way cool and very lovely on yoshiki's part. But at the rate he's going with violet uk, the band with gackt and sugizo (i hope they come up with a band name fast, its tiring to keep typing out gackt and sugizo names), and now with x japan's reunion... i doubt he would ever have the time soon. LOL! He's way too much of a perfectionist that it scares me. Maybe thats why we love his songs, there's so much hard work and passion put into it.

and DAMN! i like your idea. LOL

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 10:52:38 PM
Sad? I think he's going to feel so fucking good and adrenaline pumped when his lost childhood friend is fronting the band playing X songs once again in front of 55 000 CRAZY Japanese people that he might just mess up the drumming.

They are silly people for coming up with such lame theories, I believe the only tears that risk showing up are ones out of joy, delight and deep satisfaction. ;)