• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Miscast

ferret · 2860

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: February 18, 2007, 02:53:55 PM
Hm, this song has always reminded me of Taiji...because of the lyrics, obviously and because of the timing of the album's release. I don't think the song's about Taiji, tho, since hide came up with it during their indies era.

However, all credits go to hide, who did a wonderful job on this song and especially on the lyrics!

MISCAST! You are fired!

RIP

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:01:08 AM
can you explain to me more clearly ferret, cause i don't know much about Miscast no connections

grace' and 'beautiful harmoni' are 'made in heaven'

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:21:12 AM
Well, first of all Miscast means something like 'unsuited for a role' for an actor.

I found the translation on this page (don't know how good it's translated, tho)

Miscast No Connexion

music & words: hide

I distress you for my own pleasure, my feelings reach the climax. You're gonna scream and lose your head. Hey you, you are so neat. Now I know that you're so dirty to me, I didn't wanna believe it, but it's true, no, it's true.

I've lost all, and I'm at my wits end. You've done nothing for me, you betrayed me, broke my heart to pieces. You said you can trust me. I found that your gonna take my own life. I didn't want to believe it till the end, till the end.

My brain has exploded, blood flowing backwards. I can't tell wrong or right, I'm gonna go my own way, gonna fight my own force (there's) no matter what you say. (Go ahead) My mind goes mad, I'm ready for an attack. I'm gonna bite your ugly heart, I'll never forgive, who's gonna be disturbed, after all, I'll find my way to live.

I distress you for my own pleasure, my feelings reach the climax. You're gonna scream and lose your head. Hey you, you are so neat. Now I know that you're so dirty to me, I didn't wanna believe it, but its true, no, it's true.

My brain has exploded, blood flowing backwards. I can't tell wrong or right, I'm gonna go my own way, gonna fight my own force (there's) no matter what you say. (Go ahead) My mind goes mad, I'm ready for an attack. I'm gonna bite your ugly heart, I'll never forgive, who's gonna be disturbed, after all, I'II find my way to live

Although the song was released on the Jealousy album it's quite old (I think there must be a demo version on the Rose & Blood album).
So, Jealousy was released 1991, and Taiji left the band 1992.
and since there were rumors that Taiji And Yoshiki had quarrels etc. and that Taiji got fired I always have to think of Taiji when I hear the lyrics (Too late, too late..., you're fired, etc.).

All this has nothing to do with the real inspiration behind the song, tho, it's just my thoughts and feelings towards it  :wink:

RIP

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:40:32 AM
well the lyric look so full of anger to me, and i cant guest to who the song is for / what had inspired him.... dear ferret do you know the real story why Taiji left the band, cause i sooooo curious about it?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 08:44:24 AM
Unfortunately I don't think I can help you out too much on that topic. The only more reliable source I know would be Taiji's book. I've read some parts of it translated but

1. Don't know how good the translation is
2. Taiji could have lied after all  :wink:

But that's kind of OT so I'll just send you a PM ^^

RIP

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:03:23 AM
thanks so much, i'll read it i'll promise, thanks...thanks sooooo much :D  :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:10 PM
Miscast does mean 'unsuited for a role'... Not only for actors ;)

This is my administrator color.

szilva

Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 02:26:57 PM
I like it in this song , Toshi plays with his sound . What hide wrote his text , naturally it good !! ... :P