• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

David Bowie

Cruor · 31845

Offline Cruor

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: February 14, 2007, 06:32:39 PM
Anyone listen to his tunes a lil??

What got me was his Life On Mars? music video. The simplicity in the video was just beautiful. It also reminded me of Endless Rain a little. And I cant stop looking at his pretty eyes.

Heres the music video if you are interested

So David Bowie anyone??

url=http://www.last.fm/user/SuYen/?chartstyle=listen] [/url]

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 06:45:09 PM
I love his music. Well, not everything, but "Andy Warhol" and "China Girl" are my private evergreens.
Besides Bowie has an incredible charisma.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:51:38 PM
Love him on the movie Labyrinth and love his song China Girl

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:09:55 PM
Haha, for me David Bowie is some alien from Mars :P Not really, I just remember only his alien look. But he has made great songs. My special favorite is Rock'n'roll Suicide, it's such amazing song.

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:21:04 PM
Bowie is great...thank's to my boyfriend's hugh CD collection we have I guess all his CD's.

Heroes, Space Oddity, The Hearts Filthy Lession, Hello Spaceboy and We Prick You are songs I really like.

Has anyone heard the songs he performed with Nine Inch Nails? They are really cool but I guess they only exist as Bootlegs.

ww.myspace.com/lisasass

shane140

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 12:20:19 PM
Oh, there's already a Bowie topic, i thought there was.

Well, you all know I absolutely love him, definitely in my top 3 artists.
As I've said many times now, just make another album. PLEASE!  :D

Oh a bit of news, they're releasing a double album of "A reality tour" on CD. Which includes 3 extra songs that weren't on the DVD: China girl, Breaking glass and fall dog bombs the moon.
All tracks are re-mastered.

I don't see much point in this really, but, it's a new release at least.Release date is January 26th I'll still be getting it. :D

You can pre-order it from amazon.

Also, on the same day a re-issue of his first album "David Bowie" will be released.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:56:46 PM by shane140 »

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 05:48:14 PM
A man who fully deserves his recognition as one of music's greatest innovators and performers. Although he experimented with many genres during his peak years, he never failed to maintain a certain standard of quality music. Whether it be the classic glam rock of 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust' or his Krautrock collaborations with Brian Eno, Bowie never fails to amaze us with his ambitious ventures. I consider him perhaps the greatest solo musician of all time, in my opinion.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:23 PM
Jeez, how do I follow up after that, TG?  :D
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm a surprisingly recent fan, but I warm up to bands and musicians so easily it feels like I've been a fan for years. I admit, his voice was holding me back on listening for a while. I used to be sensitive to vocals and apparently didn't have any taste back then.

I'm not too big of a fan of his work in the 80s other than Scary Monsters and Christiane F, but lately I've been infatuated with his 90s and 00s albums. He's profoundly creative, and I've been noticing some of my art has been drawing inspiration from him.

In short, Bowie's just fantastic.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 07:58:25 PM
Mr. Jones is cool, especially everything from Space Oddity to Diamond Dogs. The "Berlin Trilogy" albums haven't quite opened to me yet but Scary Monsters has a few good songs. Outside, Heathen and Reality also have some nice stuff on them.

shane140

Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 06:01:06 PM
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars has been voted the gayest album ever, beating the Smiths'- The Smiths.

Also, Simon Cowell has asked Bowie to go on next years X-Factor over here in the UK.That would be amazing,as was Paul Mcartney when he was on last week.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 07:23:39 PM
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars has been voted the gayest album ever, beating the Smiths'- The Smiths.

Also, Simon Cowell has asked Bowie to go on next years X-Factor over here in the UK.That would be amazing,as was Paul Mcartney when he was on last week.

ooo voted the gayest album ever  :o Bowie on X-Factor would be my one and only reason to tune in!

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

shane140

Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:57 PM
Me too, I only watched for McCartney last week, the show is a pile of rubbish, i really do hope Rage against the machine become Christmas no1 instead of the winner of it for once.

Just wondering if any of you have seen this before? I think it's really good, quite funny too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvAaNcXNzI[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:50:18 PM by shane140 »

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:42:49 PM
Gayest album ever? I disagree! While it is incredibly queer, there must be gayer. :D You just have to look REALLY hard.

Paul McCartney on the X Factor? I'm just an American so I guess I totally missed out on this.
If Bowie goes on, someone has to tell me.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:23 PM
Me too, I only watched for McCartney last week, the show is a pile of rubbish, i really do hope Rage against the machine become Christmas no1 instead of the winner of it for once.

Just wondering if any of you have seen this before? I think it's really good, quite funny too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvAaNcXNzI[/youtube]

That video is amazing, what an entertainer. Bowie looked really comfortable acting.
I read about that 'Gayest' album ever and I think it was compiled by asking Gay actors, musicians, writers etc. The Queen is Dead by The Smiths came 6th!

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 02:34:57 AM
God, that video is fantastic.
I was really surprised when I first saw Bowie acting. It was like, "Whoa! He's not bad! Actually, he's pretty good! Whoa!"
Yeah, something like that. :D

Hahaha! Do you know where I can find this list of gayest albums? I'd love to see the others.

GARBAGE DAY!

shane140

Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:25 AM
God, that video is fantastic.
I was really surprised when I first saw Bowie acting. It was like, "Whoa! He's not bad! Actually, he's pretty good! Whoa!"
Yeah, something like that. :D

Hahaha! Do you know where I can find this list of gayest albums? I'd love to see the others.

hehehe I agree.
hrere you go:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a191647/bowie-album-named-gayest-of-all-time.html

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:58 PM
For some reason, I find it funny how the picture of him on the article looks so disgruntled. :D

Thanks for the link, it's pretty interesting.

GARBAGE DAY!

shane140

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 03:09:17 PM
I just had a thought, I'm a massive fan of Peter Gabriel and he's bringing out a cover album in February called "scratch my back" it's a song exchanging thing where if he covers someone's song the other artist HAS to cover one of his,(but with a twist, no drums and no guitars, he's  using an orchestra etc) he's covering Bowie's "Heroes" so that means we HAVE to get some new material in the near future from Bowie, even if it is just the one cover of a Gabriel song, it will be great never the less.

Oh, if you're wondering what Bowie looks like recently, here's a photo from last month, he looks in very good health. lol, nice shades.

http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/2009/11/03/spotted-david-bowie/   There's some more...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:24:31 PM by shane140 »

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 03:36:54 PM
Ooh-hooo, good observation. I hope that happens. Now I'll be anxiously awaiting February for something.

Does Bowie think no one will recognize him if he just wears sunglasses? Hah!
He's still looking quite striking.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 06:41:53 PM
Thanks for the photo, glad to see he is looking well. I hope he has some exciting tour plans for 2010 in his messenger bag ;)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

shane140

Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:17 AM
David Bowie is 63 years young today! :D  (so is Elvis Presley and Stephen Hawking)

It's easy remembering those birthdays, they're on the same day as mine! :D

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:34 AM
Holy hell! Bowie shares a birthday with Hawking and Presley? That's beyond amazing.

Happy birthday to all three of them.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 02:36:43 AM
Happy birthday Bowie, Hawking, Presley and Shane  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:39:40 AM by TG »

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

shane140

Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:07 PM
Thank you TG. ;D

And just because I don't want to post here without something Bowie related:

This and other classic album covers by other artists/bands were released in the UK yesterday as stamps.

shane140

Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 10:56:03 PM
I just had a thought, I'm a massive fan of Peter Gabriel and he's bringing out a cover album in February called "scratch my back" it's a song exchanging thing where if he covers someone's song the other artist HAS to cover one of his,(but with a twist, no drums and no guitars, he's  using an orchestra etc) he's covering Bowie's "Heroes" so that means we HAVE to get some new material in the near future from Bowie, even if it is just the one cover of a Gabriel song, it will be great never the less.

An update on this on Gabriel's official site: "The project is still developing, with the covers of Peter's songs by other artists beginning arriving hot from the mixing desk and a plan emerging to release them as 'double a-sides' through iTunes on 2010's full moons."

New Bowie material this year finally!   Only a Peter Gabriel cover but I don't care, I wonder which one he'll sing, I want either "Red Rain" or "Solsbury Hill" They're my favorite songs of his.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 12:46:49 AM
I only know Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel, but nevertheless it's good to see Bowie is doing something :D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

shane140

Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 12:27:13 AM
From an interview with Peter Gabriel: "I wanted to do Heroes, but Bowie didn't want to sing on the album. So instead Brian Eno (who co-wrote the song) will be doing a cover of one of my songs for it."

Well, that's that. I hope that Bowie just doesn't like Gabriel's music and that's the only reason why he's not singing.

EDIT: I was looking for recent Bowie vids on youtube when I came across this. Bowie has definitely been recording something. ;D But what?? The only thing that comes to mind is the Reality Tour CD remastering.

Skip to 2:03 The guy says Bowie was  in the studio next to them. Their website says they recorded in Ireland and NYC as of August 4th, 2009.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj5oK7FtC1A#movie_player[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:33:18 AM by shane140 »

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 01:30:57 AM
Can't believe he got nine shirts for $10, quite an achievement :D. Hopefully by releasing the Reality Tour CD, Bowie will be starting his comeback into the media spotlight, culminating with a 'Bowie returns' tour ;)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 05:46:20 AM
God, with Iman's "he cooking more than dinner" (or.. whatever) and this, he BETTER be recording something! (Why does that sound like I'm threatening him?)

GARBAGE DAY!

shane140

Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 06:32:22 PM
In the next issue of NME magazine there is a special interview where David Bowie interviews, erm, David Bowie.  :D  wtf?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-XX-David-Bowie-Vampire-Weekend-NME-27-1-10-Presale_W0QQitemZ270518407358QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMagazines?hash=item3efc2750be

This will be his first interview in years if i'm not mistaken. I'm definitely gonna buy it.