• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Searching for some rare hide photos.

Lee · 7693

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: October 27, 2010, 04:39:01 PM
I was in Yokosuka the other day and this music shop had a hide calender on display. Not sure what year it was, wasn't this years, but the photos were all parodies of movie posters such as Scarface and A Clockwork Orange. Judging by his hair I'm guessing the year of the calendar release was sometime after 1998.

It was pretty cool, but I can't find any images of it online. Anyone have it?

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:41:18 PM
Umm...those are the only ones I have saved in a folder I can actually locate on my PC.
I think there are a few more though...

And errr, I'm not sure if this is part of the set too:

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:56 PM
these really cool pictures.
This hide is that the crow's pretty cool

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:25:53 AM
Yeah the last one was part of the series, it was "The Shining". Thanks :D

I'm also looking for the Scarface one where he looks amazingly like Gackt.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:41:55 AM
I found 2 more that I THINK are part of this. I'm not sure though cause I haven't ever watched any of these movies.....>___<'

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:50:34 AM
Cool pictures! I recognize quiet some movies - but which one should the last picture be, with the closed eyes?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 07:59:58 PM
Once again thank you roseofpain

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 10:13:00 AM
Cool pictures! I recognize quiet some movies - but which one should the last picture be, with the closed eyes?

The last one is Twin Peaks, isn't it (the famous shot of Laura Palmer)?

I saw those photos at a temporary hide shop in Tokyo earlier this year. 

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 01:25:12 PM
Woot, thanks Tanabata! Yes, it´s this one here :  http://filmmakermagazine.com/loadandplay/uploaded_images/twin_peaks_1-727291.jpg

One more mystery solved ^^

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:51 PM
Woot, thanks Tanabata! Yes, it´s this one here :  http://filmmakermagazine.com/loadandplay/uploaded_images/twin_peaks_1-727291.jpg

Glad to be of some help.  Most of the posts recently have been about the North American tour and, as I live in Japan, I don't have much to say!  I'm a resident "expert" on Yokosuka and all the hide "spots" there but not much else!  And, of course, I know the record shop Lee mentioned...it's Yajima Records, a kind of dedication to hide.  I've dropped a packet there over the last few years...kept them in business!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 06:50:23 AM

Glad to be of some help.  Most of the posts recently have been about the North American tour and, as I live in Japan, I don't have much to say!  I'm a resident "expert" on Yokosuka and all the hide "spots" there but not much else!  And, of course, I know the record shop Lee mentioned...it's Yajima Records, a kind of dedication to hide.  I've dropped a packet there over the last few years...kept them in business!

I like Yokosuka and Miura, I'm planning to head back down there next weekend. Anything you recommend I do? So far I've been to Sarushima, Mikasa Park, hide's grave, and walked quite a bit of the ocean side of the peninsula on the beach. And I had curry of course.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 02:41:01 PM
I like Yokosuka and Miura, I'm planning to head back down there next weekend. Anything you recommend I do? So far I've been to Sarushima, Mikasa Park, hide's grave, and walked quite a bit of the ocean side of the peninsula on the beach. And I had curry of course.

Well, a trip to Yokosuka, on a kind hide "pilgrimage" would need to include Yajima Records, the hospital he was born in (St Joseph's, Midorigaoka), Chuo Park (up on the hill behind the Yokosuka Chuo Station), a trip past the Matsumoto house (I'm not sure how appropriate it would be to give directions and, whenever I go past, I don't loiter, just walk by slowly in a dreamlike state!), Dobuita Street, the primary school he went to and, of course, further down into the Miura Peninsula to see his grave.  Always a truly great day whenever I do it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:13:22 PM by Hypno »

We are X!!!!!

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
Well I just meant more along the lines of sightseeing in Yokosuka.