• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Europe Tour: Hope/Wishes etc...

Ann1958 · 9470

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: October 16, 2010, 10:16:22 PM
I suppose they are taking rest now, working at the cd/dvd, planning, mayby flying back to Japan, Sugizo working with Luna Sea for their tour to come etc...
In the while we, Europeans, are waiting for THE PRESS CONFERENCE hopely coming soon and announcing which countries and avenues they will play in dear old Europe...

What are you hoping for the Europe tour? What are your wishes?

For me: I hope for longer concerts, longer setlists than the shows in America.
I prefer more pauzes in the concert if that results in longer setlist.
Beside the setlist from America, I hope they add: Blue Blood, Unfinished, Rose of Pain, if possible: Voiceless Screaming, And an acoustic song with Heath, Pata, ToshI on bass and guitars and Sugizo on violin: I don't mind which.... Orgasm would be nice too...I can't ask all the songs, so I'll stop here.

I also hope they will perform the japanese songs in japanese and not in English translation: Toshi's voice is so much more beautiful with the Japanese words...

I hope the crowd will be not a moshing or -whatever that is called- crowd. I don't want to be pushed on the ground and all the things I have read from the NY show.

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:53:10 PM
Not from Europe, but that would be amazing if they did "Rose of Pain" and "Blue Blood", but it seems -extremely- unlikely they will be playing those songs outside of Japan. Their primary goal at this point seems to be attract the English speaking audience. While I understand that most Europeans don't speak English as their first language, they're MUCH more likely to know English as opposed to Japanese. They did Blue Blood at end of 2008 at the Countdown GIG... But it seems unlikely you're going to hear it outside of Japan/Asia unless they re-write parts of it in English.

They might consider "Unfinished" but they don't do that song very often anymore... I don't know if they've even done it since they got together again. :/  Also "Voiceless Screaming" is a Taiji song... so it seems unlikely we will ever hear it again. Other than Endless Rain, the new English version of "Tears" or maybe "Crucify My Love" might get played. Personally I would love to hear "Say Anything" more than anything, but it's in Japanese..

If they do a European tour, and they end up going to France, Germany, Greece - maybe four-five places, you might get longer setlists. Otherwise, given Yoshiki's health, I highly doubt you're going to get a very different set-list from what we had here in North America. "Orgasm" would be amazing - I mean the live version is even in English, but it's very long and the venue would have to allow them to run around like crazy haha.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:56:58 PM by HerrAmn »

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:38 PM
HerrAmn: They know that the European fans prefer the japanese versions....
The english traductions are done in the first place for the American people...

I know Voiceless Screaming is a Taiji/ToshI song: that is why I wrote: if possible!
They did a verse form Unfinished in Yokohama concert.
They did play Rose of Pain in France...

This post is about: inviting the people who'll go to the European tour to write here their wishes and hope!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:10:11 PM
Oh I agree. But then again, American/English fans prefer the Japanese versions too... Many of us grew up listening to the Japanese versions. But like I said, I think Yoshiki is trying to appeal to the mainstream crowd in these countries - not Jrock/anime/visual-kei fans. English is, after all, an international language, so it only makes sense. But I agree with you - I love the Japanese songs much more.

They did Rose of Pain in France? that's amazing. That's my favorite song from Blue Blood.

Good luck to the European fans! I hope they come by Europe sometime in 2011. :)

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:06 PM
I think Yoshiki is trying to appeal to the mainstream crowd in these countries - not Jrock/anime/visual-kei fans

I am not a 'J rock/anime/visual kei fan' by the way. I don't see music in that way. I am just a lover from beautiful music and good musicians. I don't know Japanese, I just prefer the Japanese sounds from the language because it sounds like music and it is more beautiful for ToshI singing in Japanese.
I am I think -  what you call - mainstream crowd.
I first knew X Japan and I loved them immediately. Later I found out that some people call it J rock and visual kei. But it is just about music and good musicians for me.

I think this could be the same way for other 'mainstream crowd' if they had the chance to hear their songs ...

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:33:12 AM
First of all, I am HOPING I will  manage to attend all the concerts they are planning to play in Europe, that is to say...IF they play more than one.

Also, I seriously hope they play the songs in Japanese. As a matter of fact...I think we should organize a mass twit spamming on Yoshiki's twitter requesting to play the Japanese versions..XD
I am just hoping that as X Japan are trying to break through in USA and not so much in Europe that they will play the Japanese versions. I mean, I am hoping they will treat this as a case where a Japanese band is giving a live abroad for its fans, rather than a case where a band tries to get a new audience/new fans and therefore tries to approach things in a more 'mainstream' ways....
(I have a hunch the last sentence didn't make much sense.)

Hmm...I'd like a longer setlist as well but I don't think that's very likely. I don't really think that longer breaks would give us a much longer setlist either.
Also, I do not like acoustic versions of songs so I wouldn't ever hope for any....XD
It's not so much that I hate acoustic versions but I like the normal ones so much more that I'm always thinking 'Ah...what I waste...they are playing this song but...if only they would have played the normal version..T_T'
Like 'Say Anything' for example. I really really really love that song but they always seem to play it in acoustic...T__T

As far as song that I'd like to hear....welllll......I hope Silent Jealousy stays in there....and of course Rusty Nail, Jade, Born To Be Free, X and Kurenai.....but I don't think they'll be omitting any of those so....XDDD
I'm sure Endless Rain stay too so I'll just consider it granted that I WILL get to hear this.
I hope that they will add a few more ballads because I am a sucker for ballads. Mainly, I'd love Forever Love and Tears.
Well, more than those I think I'd love Say Anything because I haven't heard many live versions of it (that aren't acoustic.) but I highly doubt it....T__T

I want to hear Orgasm too. It wasn't in the Yokohama lives either...D:
Don't shoot me but I'd probably die for a drum solo too.....;-P

Oh..and I want to see a lot of X Japan running around, rolling on the floor and acting silly in the end.....because I totally love this...<3

Umm...umm....I also hope I will get to be in the front rows, that I will not suddenly have to go pee in the middle of the show, that I won;t have to punch and get punched, that I will not suffocate...l..you know..practical stuff.....XD

And of course I'm wishing for sold out, or at least nearly sold out shows...\m/

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:41:09 AM
All I want is for them to come to Finland, I don't even care what songs they play or what language it's in...well as long as they don't play White Poem I. :)

And they could replace Drain with Week End or Blue Blood or anything else really but as long as they come to Finland I can see them I'll gladly listen to Drain too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:44:09 AM by finndave »

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 04:01:16 AM
add japanese versions, week end (a MUST!!!!), orgasm and blue blood and I will call this tour more than awesome!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 08:25:54 AM
I would be happy if I can just watch them live one time, preferably somewhere in Germany. Apart from that, my absolute dream would be to see and hear them play Kurenai. Sugizo on violin would be a plus too ^^ 
And for more wishes ... Orgasm, Rose of Pain, Tears, NO Endless Rain (I really hate that one ^^)

No pushing is an impossible wish in Germany, for some reason younger fangirls always turn into raving lunatics at Jrock-concerts - so no first rows for me, if I don´t have any suicidal tendencies that day. Even if I wish to see them close for once - but not at the cost of my life ;)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:20 AM
@Ashemanu Doesn't that depend on the performing band? I've been 2nd Row at MUCC and Versailles for example and it was really comfortable there, no pushing at all... o_o I heard bad stories about Dir En Grey for example though... :P Well, I always try to think of X fans as a bit more mature than that....*drop*

Umm...umm....I also hope I will get to be in the front rows, that I will not suddenly have to go pee in the middle of the show, that I won;t have to punch and get punched, that I will not suffocate...l..you know..practical stuff.....XD
rofl xDDD Agreed on that!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:43 AM
They did Rose of Pain in France? that's amazing. That's my favorite song from Blue Blood.

It was only the acoustic version..

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 12:45:56 PM
@AsukaMiyu I really hope that would be the case, that it depends on the band! I have experienced it with Miyavi a few times and D'espairs Ray - Ra:IN was fine though. Maybe we will be more lucky with X :) Anyway, I hope I will get the chance to see it for myself next year ^^

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:06 PM
JAPANESE SONGS please!!!
Longer setlists: Tears, Without You, Forever Love

Offline Silvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 06:53:56 PM
Hum... I hope they do some dates during 15-25 april because it's holiday for me and it would be easier to travel (I know I'll have university work but meh) to more than 1 country. I also wish they came to play in Barcelona (Sakurada Familia! lol) . I wish they played Tears... Also other ballads like Forever Love, Without you... I wish I could be in the first row, with good sound, and see it comfortably... XD I wish if they do more than 1 country I can meet my non-Spanish friends in the same concert! If they don't come to Spain, I wish they went to cities with good communication and interesting to see (Not like Bochum ORZ)

I hope they had a manager like J from Vamps who speaks english and you know who you are talking to (xD)

There are a lot of things I can hope lol
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:58:00 PM by Silvia »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:50:49 PM
Beside my wishes for our European Tour, I am also wondering when that famous Press Conference will be done with the dates and venues for the tour.... :D
Are there sleeping overthere?
It seems to be the calm before the storm!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:37 PM
I forgot to say that my one true wish is actually for this tour to FINALLY and actually really......happen. XD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline peso

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 11:06:33 PM
Well first of all I wish they come to Finland, preferably to Helsinki 'cos I'm too lazy to travel.
Also a longer setlist would be nice with some surprises like Vanishing Love, Sadistic Desire, maybe Weekend and Dahlia could count as a suprise also. Impossible wish would be ancient songs like Endless Dream, Lady in Tears and Stop Bloody Rain :)

I know Yoshiki needs rest from drumming so he could drop the drum solo which I've never liked and maybe fill the gaps with guitar/bass solos or Toshi's solos (like 1994 and during the Dahlia Tour). Also some acoustic stuff would be fine if they'd do a longer setlist, for example Rose of Pain acoustically and I mean the whole song.

If they come to Helsinki I'll go to see them anyway, no matter what they play but to travel to other city I'd need something special 'cos X Japan is not that important to me anymore as they used to be 4-8 years ago.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They should let Sugizo play everything, I really dislike the playback thingy. I mean a playback hide solo from 93-96 would be nice but when they play a song live, it should be live.

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46:49 AM
Beside my wishes for our European Tour, I am also wondering when that famous Press Conference will be done with the dates and venues for the tour.... :D
Are there sleeping overthere?
It seems to be the calm before the storm!

I'd rather wait for the press conference or have no press conference at all so that they can finalize everything and organise everything before the announce anything... and they said spring, so this is nearly half a year from now on... X never is that early with concerts (at least when the concert is actually supposed to happen)...

*Katrin

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:59 AM
I forgot to say that my one true wish is actually for this tour to FINALLY and actually really......happen. XD

THIS XD

PARTY HARD

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:41 PM
I just have a couple of comments:

"I prefer more pauzes in the concert if that results in longer setlist."
No thanks. I'd rather watch 2 hours of X JAPAN performing rather than 1 hour performing, 1 hour standing around bored, 1 hour performing, 1 hour standing around bored. I think they need less breaks and more music. Every band I've ever seen do a full setlist with no breaks. I understand they may need SOME but after watching the yokohama concerts, i'd rather not stand around for 35-40 minutes in silence waiting.

And my hopes/wishes.. I just want them to play in europe. Anywhere in europe. I dont care where. And a setlist that is longer than their US tour. Thats all. I'd prefer them to play in London as thats the cheapest place for me to get to but i'll happily fly anywhere in Europe to see them again.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45:30 PM
"I prefer more pauzes in the concert if that results in longer setlist."
No thanks. I'd rather watch 2 hours of X JAPAN performing rather than 1 hour performing, 1 hour standing around bored, 1 hour performing, 1 hour standing around bored. I think they need less breaks and more music. Every band I've ever seen do a full setlist with no breaks. I understand they may need SOME but after watching the yokohama concerts, i'd rather not stand around for 35-40 minutes in silence waiting.
I think that's more because of Yoshiki's health. I mean, I'd be thrilled to see him pull of a two hour concert straight, without breaks, but if that means he can't play any more after that, then I'd prefer beaks. Of course they could fill in the breaks with acoustic songs and solos (I'd be thrilled to see VioletUK also, though I know how most people feel about it), but still...

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 06:21:00 PM
Yeah, breaks are fine if you have some filler. Silent breaks are annoying and a waste of time. If Yoshiki needs a break, let the others do a couple of acoustic songs or some solo stuff.. then Yoshiki can come back and do a piano solo while they have a rest.. alternate it so they can all take a break. I dont know if the others will need it or not but you get my point. Standing there staring at an empty stage for 30 minutes is not fun.

Offline Forever Fades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:11 PM
You do realise the breaks only add to the length of the "show", and don't modify the actual performance time. Basically it's an illusion, therefore pointless. For instance the Yokohama and Roseland Ballroom gigs last pretty much the same music-wise, ie 13 songs.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 12:50:26 AM
AH!  Dude!!

I am so sorry, I did not know there was someone already here with the same name. >D  I was trying to place that quote in my memory bank, and I was like "...I was not THAT drunk, I would've remembered that..."

I'm sorry.  I did not mean to look like I was copying anyone. =P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 01:02:01 PM
If any of you wish to change their usernames, you can PM me :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 03:42:38 PM
I hope they come to London so I don't have to travel too far around Europe ^_^;;

As for the music - would prefer Toshi to sing the original Japanese lyrics where possible.  Rose Of Pain or Unfinished would be the songs I'd like to hear the most.  If Unfinished was performed in the same way it was done on On The Verge Of Destruction i.e. Yoshiki on piano and Toshi singing then that would make my night.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:47:59 PM by vash-chan »

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)